BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,031
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    ShadowriverUB
    Blog Entries

Default LittleBigAudio (271 new songs, including Hansel & Gretelbot soundtrack and xmas!)

I love LBP community music same as i love tracker music from demoscene i head idea to record them and publish somewhere so it is accessible anywhere for everyone i was even hinting few people to do it, but i find some old audio cables in my junk box and decided i will do it ^^ So i was working in secrecy with some LBP artists to make a YouTube channel concentrating exclusively on LBP community music, it resulted in recording over 334 songs form 14 artists for initial start, which is 19.5h of music! and here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/user/LittleBigAudio

Goal of channel is to create something in between OST channel and scene.org, where anyone can hear community music, to store most known but also expose hidden gems of LBP music community. Chanell will contain only originals or remixes of it, no recreations so any SOPA,PIPA and ACTA won't get me or any artist So let's start featuring each initial artist in order of contribution, but remember that quantity =/= quality, some people are more busy with life ;] Each artist has there playlist, so lets start:

WeirdyBeardy (129 songs, 7h+ of music)
    http://lbp.me/u/WeirdyBeardy

An 1/3 of initial collection this guy splits ton of music if you would count it something like 1 song per 3 days and all them are HQ. His JAck of All Trades, you can find any kind of music in his creations from jazzy, carnival, comic, electronic etc. He also collab with many others creations most notably Feaster_Jester (Which i might record in nea future his songs;]). So he got 10 albums with 13 tracks each, my personal favorite is in no. 7 and it's called "Turqiuse Noise" :

NOTE: I skiped level data on him, he gave me massive list and since i want to push this in one day i need to skip it, i iwll add it later (hopefully ^^')

Velvet--Audio (60 songs, 4h of music)
    http://lbp.me/u/Velvet--Audio

Probably the most know music creator in community, he makes music for lot of known creators, 4 times nominated in Sackies for best soundtrack, and reason is he make one of best music in LBP2. Lot of reverbs, mostly ambient song, but also some various of different types, he made the longest music in whole initial collection that i been forced to cut to fit in YouTube, My favorite is "Ice Shelfs":

Hug-of-War (44 songs, 3h of music)
    http://lbp.me/u/Hug-of-War
    Hug-of-War do some simple songs that sound great, his skill upgrades over time (thru you can't see it since songs are ordered alphabetically ;p), he did some music for levels but mostly he create for himself. May personal favorite is "Below The
    Surface":

MastaBlastya (25 songs, 1h 42m of music)
    http://lbp.me/u/MastaBlastya
    Hidden gem, walking proof that hero hair does not need to mean trouble, i find him via yet another "Save Community" level (fianlly had use of this kind of level ) that featured his music. He making quite special music for LBP2.... it's dance, club, technot, trance this kind of sphere of music and he is deam good at it. My personal favorit is music that was feature is level mentioned above titles "LittleBigPlanet" (kind of alternative anthem of the game, huh?):

Breezy-The-Pro (17 songs, 33m of music)
    http://lbp.me/u/Breezy-The-Pro

Kind of hidden gem, he freshly published his first music gallery and catch it imidietly He makes some jazzy songs and also some chip-tunes. He got some quite good music, my favorite is Elusive Darkness:

comishguy67 (15 songs, 53m of music)
    http://lbp.me/u/comishguy67

A true veteran in community, he created LBP music in days when it was theoretically impossible... LBP1, together with TheJollyRajah was one of most known music creators with made him top composer in terms of hearts. But those heart does not come from nothing, he got great music theoretical knowledge allowing him to do best tones you can hear on LBP2. SAdly he lost most of his music (most made in beta) due hardware problems, but he revived and still kic king and already have bench of songs, he also haveYouTube chanell: http://www.youtube.com/user/ResonantParadox with songs composed in real life. My personal favorite is:

Unexpecter (11 songs, 22m of music)
    http://lbp.me/u/Unexpecter

Unexpecter is not in LBP2 community just for music, he makes levels and he make music specially for specific scenes, which is something that you not see daily in LBP. Whole music here is sound track of his series The Perfect World, they mostly cutscene tunes that are quite short and mostly are ambient. Not to mention he probably made the best chase tune ever in LBP2:

Radio_Staick (10 songs, 25m of music)
    http://lbp.me/u/Radio_Staick

Radio_Staick same Hug-of-War create quite simple songs but much more calm and soft, he is rielrees husband so his music you can heared in her levels, also one of his song taken 2nd place in LBPC3, which is my personal favorite:

StratoStrutter (7 songs, 26m of music)
    http://lbp.me/u/StratoStrutter

I find him by accident by looking what other artist was playing and discovered he make interesting music, quite slow but not always soft, sometimes you can fell east in his music. My favorite is "The Bushido Way":

Schm0 (6 songs, 23m of music)
    http://lbp.me/u/Schm078

Yes, that moderator of LBPCentral, but i bet you didn't even know he makes music ^^ that makes him quite quite hidden gem, specially that he is making such great tunes, chiptune and electronic music, i say he is par with comishguy ;] His latest song is my favorite:

Brapp347 aka TheXRealXBrapp (5 songs, 13m of music)
    http://lbp.me/u/Brapp347

Is yet another hidden gem, his is king of chiptones i think you wound find anyone better for that, he also compose outside LBP, check his YouTube chanel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheXRealXBrapp. Most notable song he made is for for my In-Side-Out "The 4th Dimention", but my personal favorite is "The Alien Attack!":

SwanBrown (5 songs, 5m of music)
    http://lbp.me/u/SwanBrown

Inactive member of community that made quite unique songs durning a beta, imo one of best, i only had 3 songs from him transferred from Beta, if somebody got more? ^^ My favorite is:

Also theres 2 single songs:

HoriZon82 - Freakqualized

One of my personal favorite since it was made for tribute for Amiga, but i first hear it on winner of LBPC3, Freakualized Elevator by XTrophx Artist seems inactive and beyound that he made really good Axel F remake, hopefuly i will be able to get more songs from him later

FyshoKid - Audio Visuals

Do i even need to introduce this song? A music "Ramp" of LBP2 Beta, i had it on moon and i was thinking it's worthy record and upload ;]

Thats just as start, chanell will be updated

But i want my songs record too

Then first send me PM on LBAudio with link to your gallery to check how this music is like, then i need access to your music, you don't need to give it to me (or else you trust me ;p), i need access with at least those conditions:

-0 background volume, or else i won't be able to record complete silence when song takes a break, this includes sound tweakers in songs too!
    -Disabled looping, so i know when songs end
    -Ability to stop and restart song would be nice, so i can rerecord faster without restarting level
    -I will need a splash screen for your music ;] 1080p (1920x1080) made on PC would be great, but pic via LBP.me will do too
    -....and list of levels that been used on, but only those that music been made specially for it, i will also use splash screen of a level in such music (thru not always)

I already got some list to artist to hunt too but feel free to send requests, it will queue up. I will take a break from this procject for a 2 weeks at least before starting updateing and also i will be updateing per artist or recording session, uploading this whole bunch ay once was a little pain

Thanks for artist for access to music and cooperation ^^
    Now enjoy sound of community!
    Last edited by Shadowriver; 12-23-2012 at 03:05 AM.
    Tired of answering same questions from people.... answer them down on LBPWiki where everyone can see them!
    |LEVELS: TETRIS
    |OBJECTS: Numeral logic components
    |TUTORIALS: BCD calculator
    |Next project: Paaaaaaarrrrty!... in LBP2

Wow! Very cool, just subscribed.

3. Thanks!

WOW, now this is something! The community puts out some amazing music!
    Follow me on Twitter: @Cubixphere
    Visit my LBP.me Profile!
    My new level: Factory Shutdown [1P]
    Old levels: ShamgarBlade Levels

5. Thanks!

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 950
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    PPp_Killer
    Blog Entries

All these songs are so great!
    Thanks shadowriver for putting these on youtube! Must've taken awhile to record em.

The community has sure made some nice tunes to listen to

7. Thanks!

dam weirdy! You're a beast!

You're all brilliant musicians, I'm feel honor to be apart of this.

I have soooooo much music to listen to. My ears are gonna hate me.
    Last edited by Lady_Luck__777; 03-20-2012 at 01:37 PM.
    It's-a-me

9. Thanks!

Sackperson Lieutenant
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 86
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    OmegaSlayer
    Blog Entries

Great project Shadow!

Sig by FJT

11. Thanks!

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    alistair26

There's some amazingly talented musicians out there. LBP is certainly a great platform to allow people to hear their work.

A word of warning though... the soundtrack to my next level will put all these creators to shame. Honestly, it's gonna be so great, it'll knock your socks off! [spoiler]Haha, not really [/spoiler]

13. Thanks!

LittleBigPlanet Community Manager StevenI's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 1,024
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    StevenI

Awesome collection, Shadowriver.
    And let's not forget all the talented composers that have contributed to this collection!

Definitely looking forward to seeing this collection expand, although I've certainly got enough great music to last me for a very long time already!
    Last edited by StevenI; 03-20-2012 at 11:28 AM.

15. Thanks!

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew biorogue's Avatar
    Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,653
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    jester946
    Blog Entries

most excellent! good work on this Shadow

Follow me on the twitterz @bioswoop

17. Thanks!

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 903
    PSN
    OneEyedBanshee
    Blog Entries

So that's why it seemed like you were sitting in WeirdyBeardy's music showcases for days on end.

Excellent collection, thanks for taking the time to record all these. I cannot say how happy I am that I am able to listen to Velvet--Audio's songs at the click of a mouse... *dies happy*

19. Thanks!

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew rialrees's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 417
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points Created Blog entry
    PSN
    rialrees
    Blog Entries

he doesn't really talk much, so I do it for him; I'd just like to say thanks on behalf of statik for including him in this - It's great that I can listen to my favourites at work now!

Awesome artists in this collection. great project! I hope it keeps going!

21. Thanks!

7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    ShadowriverUB
    Blog Entries

Ok i complted the post, recording stuff was much easier and fun (since i enjoy lisining this music and i was able to work on computer while recording) then actully uploading this and feeling whole data ;p if there spelling errors or i forgot to add co-creator of music then tell comment on video. Also remeber guys you can browse each artist by there playlist ^^ My other favorite from WeiryBirdy since he got large collection:

Also one interesting with voice (Rythm ruins also got voice btw if you not noticed) thats chachito you could hear him on some LBP movies ^^:

Tired of answering same questions from people.... answer them down on LBPWiki where everyone can see them!

23. Thanks!

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew rialrees's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 417
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points Created Blog entry
    PSN
    rialrees
    Blog Entries

lol I love that one with Chatchito! the guy has me in stitches whenever he's around gonna take me forever to get through beardy's collection

Awww yeah! Now I can finally listen to all of these awesome songs when I'm not on LBP! Thank you so much, Shadowriver! The community owes you and all of these artists!

Firstly, let me say that this was a REALLY good idea. Its nice to see music and unknown music creators get a bit more exposure. These are some really great tunes. Some of these people I've never even heard of and I was simply blown away.

Second, I have a quick question. I have about 9 songs of my own so far, but the problem is that none of them are really original. They are all recreations of video game music. Of course, they don't sound exactly the same, but that doesn't change the fact that they aren't original. Would you accept songs like these? An example is in my sig.

27. Thanks!

i feel as though this community is turning a corner. it seemed to go dead for a little while but now with threads like this and the weekly MM picks, i'm really seeing more interest. it's certainly making me go back online with LBP2

29. Thanks!

This is the best thing. Is it too late to nominate Shadowriver for a Best Thing Sackie?

PSN
    ShadowriverUB
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DreJ1212 View Post
    Firstly, let me say that this was a REALLY good idea. Its nice to see music and unknown music creators get a bit more exposure. These are some really great tunes. Some of these people I've never even heard of and I was simply blown away.

Second, I have a quick question. I have about 9 songs of my own so far, but the problem is that none of them are really original. They are all recreations of video game music. Of course, they don't sound exactly the same, but that doesn't change the fact that they aren't original. Would you accept songs like these? An example is in my sig.
    Problem is they are copyrighted and some big corporations goes crazy about this kind of stuff on YouTube, you may hear stories for example that Universal Studios tried to put down home video just because there was music on background that that they hold copyright. Besides this chanell would be bland with mostly recreations, sicnem ost music created on LBP2 are recreations since htye easier to make. To tell the truth.... there 2 Velvet--Audio songs that are recreations, but it was part of series of music for psyntens level and thye been more common and very old so i made this small exception, some artist had reactions and i skipped them
    Last edited by Shadowriver; 03-20-2012 at 06:41 PM.

32. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowriver View Post
    Problem is they are copyrighted and some big corporations goes crazy about this kind of stuff on YouTube, you may hear stories for example that Universal Studios tried to put down home video just because there was music on background that that they hold copyright. Besides this chanell would be bland with mostly recreations, sicnem ost music created on LBP2 are recreations since htye easier to make. To tell the truth.... there 2 Velvet--Audio songs that are recreations, but it was part of series of music for psyntens level and thye been more common and very old so i made this small exception, some artist had reactions and i skipped them
    Thats understandable. The main reason I like what I've heard so far is because they are completely original songs, so it does make it seem even better. Copyright songs on youtube are becoming a pretty big deal, and I've had problems with it in the past. Thanks for the response, and I cant wait to hear more!

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    PSN
    JustinArt
    Blog Entries

Awesome idea. Glad you're sharing this with everyone. It's good thing that ever since I made a really epic music for Cybernetic Adventures Omega Part 3, I finally got the skill of making musics. Looking forward to listen to the ones I haven't heard before, if I have time.

35. Thanks!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast