BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Donations

Default Donations

For a long time, LBPCentral has been able to survive purely on the revenue generated from our ads. We were only barely able to survive, but for quite a while it was enough.

However, it's no longer enough. Ads are no longer paying out like they used to. I'm often spending half (or more) of my entire net worth on server fees alone. We simply won't be able to survive if we don't ask for some kind of help from the LBPCentral community.

So, that's what we've decided to do. We need your help to stay open, so we've added a (hopefully) non-intrusive Donation system in order to encourage support. If you can afford it, a small donation goes a long way toward keeping us afloat. Plus, any donation of $10 or more now provides lifetime donor status, so you don't have to constantly donate in order to enjoy the benefits of being a Donor.

Below are some FAQs about our donation system - hopefully, these answer any questions you may have about it. If not, feel free to reply in this thread or shoot me a PM.

How does the Donation system work?
    On a basic level, the Donation system simply integrates PayPal donations into our site. However, this integration offers us some powerful features. We can track donations, automatically confirm Donor Status', and even set donation goals. It essentially allows you to donate directly to LBPCentral in a financially safe and protected manner, all while being able to enjoy the numerous profile upgrades and bonuses that Donor Status provides.

What is Donor Status?
    Donor Status is a set of features we provide to our Donors to show our gratitude for their support. It isn't intended to be explicitly purchased, so we don't advertise its features. However, it is a pretty nice bonus for those who opt to donate.

Is donating safe?
    Absolutely. The only identifying information we store on our server is a) your LBPCentral username, b) the amount donated, and c) the date of donation. All other data, including your credit card information, is handled exclusively by PayPal. Thanks to the way PayPal is structured, we don't ever see any of it ourselves.

How is the money used?
    All donations go directly toward paying our server fees. If we ever have any surplus funds, they will go toward new features, additions, and development software. We see donations as opportunities to expand our offerings, so donated funds will never just sit around collecting dust.

Can I have a say in how you spend my donation?
    Sorry, but absolutely not. We do not spend donations on anything that isn't directly relevant to LBPCentral, but we cannot accept money with conditions attached. That's a dangerous path for a site like ours to take. We need to be impartial regardless of where we're receiving our support from, so donated funds simply cannot have stipulations.
    Last edited by ConfusedCartman; 05-09-2012 at 05:18 AM.

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew biorogue's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 303
    Overall activity: 50.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    jester946
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedCartman View Post
    Can I have a say in how you spend my donation?
    Sorry, but absolutely not. We do not spend donations on anything that isn't directly relevant to LBPCentral, but we cannot accept money with conditions attached. That's a dangerous path for a site like ours to take. We need to be impartial regardless of where we're receiving our support from, so donated funds simply cannot have stipulations.
    OH Hammers! I was gonna see about getting a "company car" with the LBPC logos all around it. That way when I'm driving around, I'd be advertising for the site. See? Win win.

Seriously though, thank you for making this CC. I know it will put a lot of people's mind at ease and hopefully make people understand that these sites, while free to the user, are not free to operate. I know I'll be making a donation, just as soon as I can clear the cobwebs out of my billfold. plus, there's the "wife factor" involved too.
    Last edited by biorogue; 05-09-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Follow me on the twitterz @bioswoop

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    alistair26

Quote Originally Posted by biorogue View Post
    OH Hammers! I was gonna see about getting a "company car" with the LBPC logos all around it. That way when I'm driving around, I'd be advertising for the site. See? Win win.

Seriously though, thank you for making this CC. I know it will put a lot of people's mind at ease and hopefully make people understand that these sites, while free to the user, are not free to operate. I know I'll be making a donation, just as soon as I can clear the cobwebs out of my billfold. plus, there's the "wife factor" involved too.
    The you could go round to peoples houses and playtest their levels "on site"! OMG!! Do iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!

4. Thanks!

Holy cow! look at all the donations so far! I would donate, but I'm too young, and don't have the money. Sorry.

6. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TehMonkeyBlade View Post
    Holy cow! look at all the donations so far! I would donate, but I'm too young, and don't have the money. Sorry.
    Same for me FUUUUUUUUUUUU- I'm really really sad for you guys I mean not even 1 tiny puny dollar there for this AWESOME site... *sigh* I wish I had a credit card...
    Check out my levels!
    Sackboy's random adventures - A fiery escape

Have a GREAT day

"A comment without smilies is like a pizza without ketchup"
    A great personality - Me

8. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
    Same for me FUUUUUUUUUUUU- I'm really really sad for you guys I mean not even 1 tiny puny dollar there for this AWESOME site... *sigh* I wish I had a credit card...
    It's only the 1st of the month lol, plenty of time yet. Pretty sure they made over $200 last month.

Same .
    Quote Originally Posted by TehMonkeyBlade View Post

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    100 Experience Points Your First Group 7 days registered 30 days registered 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    sunbunny23

im suprised no one donated yet and we are halfway of the end of the month...
    The logo on my profile picture is made by doggy97
    The avatar is made by me

Betas/Alphas i have been invited:
    KillZone: Mercenary Beta[CLOSED] Little Big Planet Karting Beta[CLOSED] Ratcet And Clank Full Frontal Assault Beta[CLOSED] God Of War Ascension Multiplayer Beta[CLOSED] Smash Clash Ios/Android alpha [OPEN] Destiny Alpha [CLOSED]

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbunny23 View Post
    im suprised no one donated yet and we are halfway of the end of the month...
    People gave Cartman money out of sympathy because he was confused.

Nobody is giving Warlord money because he is Evil and will syphon off the funds for site hosting to use in some scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid-Coot View Post
    People gave Cartman money out of sympathy because he was confused.

Nobody is giving Warlord money because he is Evil and will syphon off the funds for site hosting to use in some scheme.
    GAH.

How.

Do.

You.

Do.

It?

This statement is true.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Created Blog entry 500 Experience Points 7 days registered
    PSN
    Valeview05
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RockSauron View Post
    GAH.

How.

Do.

You.

Do.

It?
    By never replying like that to people?

Anyway... yeah, I don't have anything on-topic to add :C
    Follow me on Twitter @ValesView.

:o omg whats going to happen if no one Donat's? this is so sad..I hope some one can help if i could i would.

Journey Rebirth 2 was included in LBPC Community Spotlight Episode 120 9/13/13

Journey Rebirth 2 was included in LBN PICKS 21 9/22/13

I donated a few days ago and the bar has not progressed at all. Has anything happened or not? >.>
    Returned for PS3 and cookies.

17. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by moonwire View Post
    I donated a few days ago and the bar has not progressed at all. Has anything happened or not? >.>
    CC has to approve it first. I'm sure it will work out.

19. Thanks!

Not sure if anyone else donated yet. I believe Moonwire said he has. Anyways it's not much but I hope $50 will start something. Hopefully this trend continues as anybody reading should realize how awesome this site is. Keep up the great work guys

21. Thanks!

Dat Christmas Spirit Speedynutty68's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Your First Group 7 days registered Created Blog entry 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Speedynutty68
    Blog Entries

I would donate... But I can't right now... I splurged on the Steam Sale so I'm out for a little. I'll donate ASAP!

^ Not accurate time due to me using an alternate Minecraft launcher.

23. Thanks!

So does the site implode if the goal isn't reached every month?

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 143
    100 Experience Points Your First Group 7 days registered 30 days registered 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    sunbunny23

who knows?
    The logo on my profile picture is made by doggy97
    The avatar is made by me

Betas/Alphas i have been invited:
    KillZone: Mercenary Beta[CLOSED] Little Big Planet Karting Beta[CLOSED] Ratcet And Clank Full Frontal Assault Beta[CLOSED] God Of War Ascension Multiplayer Beta[CLOSED] Smash Clash Ios/Android alpha [OPEN] Destiny Alpha [CLOSED]

Dat Christmas Spirit Speedynutty68's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 249
    Your First Group 7 days registered Created Blog entry 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Speedynutty68
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbunny23 View Post
    who knows?
    My guess is that if the goal isn't reached, then the administrator needs to dip into his own pocket in order to keep it going.

^ Not accurate time due to me using an alternate Minecraft launcher.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 187
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    tanrockstan34
    Blog Entries

Considering that the past few months the site made more than its goal, I am assuming that the money from those donations could be used for this month, unless CC or War spent it on confused evil minions.

28. Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast