BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    The Multi-media drunkard GruntosUK's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    GruntosUK

Default From Siberia With Love Pt.1: Infiltrate - pics added!

Hi,

I'd like some feedback from you guys on my level From "Siberia With Love Pt.1: Infiltrate". Its a story based puzzle level, thats not to hard.

I posted it about a week ago and its slowly gaining plays and hearts but some good feedback would be nice as the comments section in game are a little lacking. I don't think I can fit to much in though as the thermo is almost at breaking point!

I will play anybodys level or levels that posts in the thread that are part of F4F. As long as people review me, i'll do the same back

Thanks

Grant
    Last edited by GruntosUK; 01-06-2009 at 05:45 PM.
    I'm on twitter, Follow me here
    -----------------
    -----------------

I have just finished playing your level and I absolutely loved it.

Pros

Very visually impressive level
    Great puzzles
    Satisfying results whenever you interact with switches and the like
    Very very well designed

Cons

I had a very hard time getting both boxes to their spots to activate the water pump. Aside from that, very well done. I'm very glad I got to play it.

And if you'd like, I have just recently completed my level "The Paint Wars, Part I - Humble Beginnings". It's very very short, but it was my first real experience with the create portion of the game. It sits at a 3 star rating currently, and I think that's about what it is, but only because of the length. It is only a training level for the real thing, which would be Part II, obviously. That might take a while. Anyway, thanks in advance.

That was a really fun level. Let's see...

- Looked nice during all parts of it

- Puzzles were mostly original

- Most levels don't look good with visible switches, but you pulled it off

- I too had problems with the boxes. I recommend either switching the colors of the boxes, orchanging the layout so you bring the blue one down on the right side

- Secret areas were nicely placed and not too hard to find.

That was one of the best I've played this week. Might've been the best if it wasn't for Abyss!

In theory one is aware that the earth revolves, but in practice one does not perceive it, the ground upon which one treads seems not to move, and one can live undisturbed. So it is with Time in one's life. ~Marcel Proust, The Past Recaptured, 1927

My level: The Forgotten Aztec Temples 1.2
    Psn: Marcus--Aurelius

http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7018

Pros: Great Story, Landscape, Custom Objects (helicopter)

I also like the amount of detail that went into making the switches and how you interconnected them.

Cons: I didnt like how all the speach bubbles popped up at once, but it was a story based level so its somewhat alright.

The blue box and red box was to hard. you should witch the colors so you dont have to criss cross them.

I didnt like how you used that half circle thing from the bunker. its a pet peeve, i dont like when people use MM stuff, however it did fit in extremely well.

Over all 5/5 Superb and heart for you and level, cant wait for part 2. please try my level.

Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    GruntosUK

Thanks for all the thoughts. Much appreciated. My PS3 is powering on now, I'm gonna work through the levels in order straight away. Will have them posted in a while.

I'm then going to change the block puzzle for the water pump. I'll swap the two blocks round if thats the main gripe

Can I also suggest that people leave a quick comment in my comments section in game, just LBP Central will do, it'll make it easier to find your levels

Thanks again
    Last edited by GruntosUK; 01-04-2009 at 10:21 AM. Reason: added content
    -----------------
    -----------------

I think we all know by now what I think about your levels, considering I posted them in the "recommend a level" area. I love the way the whole level flows. There wasn't a single moment where I wasn't enjoying myself in this level. Everything is just really nice looking and really well put together. I know this isn't exactly feedback, but I just wanted to mention again that everyone should try this level. It's really quite enjoyable.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 577

PSN
    Foofles

Sweet merciful sackings, that was one of the finest levels I've ever played in a video game ever.

The puzzles are very well thought out with excellent feedback to the player, and the level just has a very good design flow to it: both aesthetically and functionally, I love the way you can take shortcuts back to your route after you finish puzzle sections. A few minor complaints though... the jumps where you're on one layer with a wall in front of you and the next platform on the foreground layer (if that makes sense) sometimes don't work so well. Also that one bit with the 3 electricified hazards, it's a little odd to find good footing.

Other than that, top notch. I also love the way you hide the intel boxes and acknowledge the player's accomplishment at the end, brilliant.
    PSN / LBP.me: Foofles I participate in F4F!
    All my LBP1 levels can only be played from LBP1.

Check out my Youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/MrFoofles , Includes LBP2 related videos

Also Checkout my blog for all kinds of crazy adventures (am beginning to get more active in this): http://foofles.blogspot.com/

Sackperson Sergeant

PSN
    SilentPredator
    Blog Entries

I just finished playing it. I thought it was an okay level

Like I said directly in the level comment section, I have non cons except that the water pump elevator got stuck after a few minutes of working.

I'll give it another shot this week, but I liked all that I've seen: layout and design, playability, music and atmposphere.

I hope to be able to design a level like this someday...

PSN
    GruntosUK

Quote Originally Posted by Miglioshin View Post
    Like I said directly in the level comment section, I have non cons except that the water pump elevator got stuck after a few minutes of working.

I'll give it another shot this week, but I liked all that I've seen: layout and design, playability, music and atmposphere.

I hope to be able to design a level like this someday...
    Just tested and noticed that. It seemed a random problem. I've reduced the size of the lift, after a few tests it seems OK now
    -----------------
    -----------------

Okiedokie, I liked this level a bit. The puzzle solving was laid out brilliantly, needing to go one place before the other in order to progress to the next. It all seemed very fluid. I always felt like I was exploring but never felt lost. The hidden intel box system was also cool in the sense that you were rewarded for each one that you found at the end of the level. I'm not too big into complicated stories in LBP but GrantosUK was able to tell his story without taking away from gameplay and fun. Now, a few things I didn't like. The level was a tad too easy to get through and I really wanted to fight that helicopter just to find that I might have to wait till the next installment to do so. It didn't really stimulate the adrenaline glands (I'm an adrenaline junkie of sorts). One thing, visually, that bothered me was there were a few points that I could see the background mountains at places where I felt I shouldn't see them. When I was all the way at the bottom of the pump station (thermal generator? I'm not sure exactly) there was a spot where I could see the back ground and it took away from the dark, dank, factory-like feel of the rest of the section. Any how, good level. Recommended.

PSN
    GruntosUK

Quote Originally Posted by Dimo1138 View Post
    Okiedokie, I liked this level a bit. The puzzle solving was laid out brilliantly, needing to go one place before the other in order to progress to the next. It all seemed very fluid. I always felt like I was exploring but never felt lost. The hidden intel box system was also cool in the sense that you were rewarded for each one that you found at the end of the level. I'm not too big into complicated stories in LBP but GrantosUK was able to tell his story without taking away from gameplay and fun. Now, a few things I didn't like. The level was a tad too easy to get through and I really wanted to fight that helicopter just to find that I might have to wait till the next installment to do so. It didn't really stimulate the adrenaline glands (I'm an adrenaline junkie of sorts). One thing, visually, that bothered me was there were a few points that I could see the background mountains at places where I felt I shouldn't see them. When I was all the way at the bottom of the pump station (thermal generator? I'm not sure exactly) there was a spot where I could see the back ground and it took away from the dark, dank, factory-like feel of the rest of the section. Any how, good level. Recommended.
    The factory and being able to see the background is a excellent point. I've very little thermo left, but will try and fix this. I'm under way with part 2 as of tonight, you will definetly meet, and get the better of the helecopter. I did this to hopefully build up to the encounter and to make people intrested in playing the second part.

Thanks for the feedback
    Last edited by GruntosUK; 01-05-2009 at 09:27 PM.
    -----------------
    -----------------

Just played through.
    I can honestly say one of the best levels I have played.

Pros:

-Fantasic storyline
    -Nice, simple puzzles that suit the platforming
    -A good level design that doesn't space things too far out

Cons:

-the only real trouble I had was sometimes finding where I had to go next , some directions seemed slightly vauge.

but apart from that, I honestly can't find any other faults.

Congratulations on a well designed and fun level, Hopefully this is the start to a long series of levels. Very well made and excellent story.

Pros:
    • Highly detailed environment
    • Great level flow with a little backtracking
    • Helpful hints
    • Great story

Cons:
    • I didn't get to battle the helicopter in this installment.
    • Part 2 is not finished yet.

5 star and hearted.
    I use Feedback4Feedback

Levels:
    The Underground Temple of Gold

I was unable to find it when I searched a few days back, I tried for like 10 minutes =(. I will be sure to find it.
    Hey guys, my new level is out, let me know what you think!
    Firefight Vs.

Spotlighted Levels LBP
    Timmy's Dream
    Heart of Gold
    Survival Challenge Album
    Dodgitron
    Asteroid Attack
    Bomb Boyage

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 342
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX

great level, ill try to get as much as i can, but im typing from the ps3 so its kinda tedious :/

pros:
    *enjoyable storyline, especially with all the intel really got you into it
    *looks and plays great, very convincing and really helps with the feel of the level. especially liked the attention to detail such as the blinking light and moving pistons
    *sounds are all very well done, and match theyre actions
    *secrets, you had all the intel hidden quite well, and was a challenge to find, very nice ^^ and the one with your work being shown was a nice touch as well :P

cons:
    *you had all the sound effects and music boxes visable, for me this took away from the level, the sound icons are real bad, but the big music boxes catch your eyes quite easiky and are kinda out there.
    *the still chopper on top of the building, while the chopper looks great, it kinda looked plain while it was just sitting still there, maybe make it sway or something?

overall, great level and really enjoyed it, 5 stars and hearted

btw, aced the level first try and am now 1st on the leaderboards
    Last edited by Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX; 01-08-2009 at 12:18 AM. Reason: uneeded info
    - Feedback 4 Feedback User -
    My Levels:
    The Facility -thread-
    Area 52 - Live or die -thread-

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,157

PSN
    CogSpartan
    Blog Entries

My gosh... that was amazing, simply amazing.
    Upon starting the level, I knew this would kick butt, and it did, it did very much kick butt. The detail was beautiful, from the snowy ground, to the rusty facility. The beacons that you placed into the level were great, allowing mass replay-ability. When you pulled the various levers, it wasn't just straight to the action, it did many amazing things, then it started up, which was much more realistic.

The only thing I didn't like was the many objects you used from the Story Levels. Try not to use Story Level objects, its better, and much more fun to make your own objects.

I can't wait for the second level! 4 stars, and hearted

Quote Originally Posted by Hexagohn View Post
    I was unable to find it when I searched a few days back, I tried for like 10 minutes =(. I will be sure to find it.
    Look up his name 'GruntosUK' I found it that way.
    My newest level: Sycophant (1Player)
    Check out my Youtube videos, and subscribe if you like them!

The Fastest Hedgehog EVER Sonic5411's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 1.0%

PSN
    Super_Sonic5411
    Blog Entries

Finally played it and i was impressed

- i liked how you made thos score bubble box things
    - it looked good thats always important
    - i really liked how you made that communications room with the lights that went back and for
    - only problem i had was that i think you need enemies

other than that i still gave you five stars

Levels:Aptitude
    The Final Frontier (Spotlighted)
    Private Eye: The Diner (Spotlighted)
    Project: Private Eye part 2: Downtown

Impressive!

+ Very good level design! Backtracking have never been so fun in LBP!
    + Lots of details.
    + The story is well integrated with the gameplay elements.
    + Great camera angles! It really adds to the experience.
    + Lots of stuff to do, no boring moments (except for the bug with the elevator, see below)
    + I like turning on switches in this level. There's always something different coming to life in the background... very cool.

- Elevator leading to the water pump switch took 3-4 minutes before starting to move. Strange bug....
    - Some paintinator action would be nice, I wanted to fight some ennemies.
    - One section is taken directly from the MM's levels (the one with the rotating platforms with a sponge in the middle, just before the water pump part). Always a + when everything is user-created for me.

5 stars / hearted,
    and waiting for part 2!!!

If you have some time, I'm looking for some comments too on a level I published this week-end. The link is in my signature. Thanks!
    ------------------------------------
    Left Behind - Part 1 : Lab-rats / Left Behind - Part 2 : Underground Complex
    by JackBurton25
    ------------------------------------

ZepOfLed

Just finished playing your level, and I had a great time! The level design and layout are top notch and very fluid, and the story really adds to the level's immersion factor. The green boxes in the secret areas are a nice touch and they aren't too hard to find. I really like the feel of the level, being up in the cold mountains and exploring an abandoned utility junction. The puzzles work well together and there is a logical flow from each one. I really like your scenery objects such as the little gears and pumps on the machines.

I only really had a few qualms:

*I personally thought it was a tad easy; however for an introductory level it's understandable, and I had a fun time anyway.

*Some of the rooms in the facility looked like they were floating, unsupported. I know that they are connected to the other parts, but as a Mechanical Engineering student, I'm always on the lookout for things that look structurally unsound . If you just added a few cross-beams or other supports in some of the empty spaces under the rooms I think it would greatly help the look.

Overall, fantastic job! I'm eagerly awaiting your next installment. 5 stars/heart

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast