You are absolutely right about not needing LBPV to use this DLC - in fact it quite explicitly has nothing at all to do with LBPV.
Results 76 to 86 of 86
Thread: Level Ideas?
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
When LBPV releases. The first lvl im going to do is a platformer. It's going to be set in a "grassy" environment something like this: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.c...anetheader.jpg
After that im going to make, something something secret. Its going to be cool. But i cant tell, because im afraid somebody is going to take my idea xP.
There is usually quite a bit of noticeable latency in controller inputs when it comes to remote play. Driving games for example are essentially impossible, as the real-time fine tuning of the steering just doesn't work. Menu based games like Final Fantasy VII work quite well though, as the latency really isn't an issue. If you use remote play outside of your local network latency is magnified tenfold, often with several seconds' delay between inputs and on-screen response.
The reason I don't think Cross-Controller DLC will use a streaming setup like this is not only because of the huge amount of data that must be passed between the two systems, but also because the gameplay experience would be completely broken. Having some kind of "LBP lite" installed on the Vita that passes packets back and forth with the PS3 makes a lot more sense. I would be surprised if they did not follow this model.
But anyway! I'm hardly a developer and I genuinely have no clue how it's going to work other than my half-baked theories. Getting back on topic, I was thinking it would be fun to make a level where you travel around a large ocean map in a boat, looking for treasure on the ocean floor. The Vita would be like your "swim mask" that you can use to get a clear view of what's directly underneath your boat, and you can also use it to go diving to grab the treasure.
I have no idea how to actually implement this one, but another idea I had is from the movie Chronicles of Riddick. Remember the "lensers"? These guys:
They are controlled with a little gizmo that's just begging to be replaced with a Vita:
That would be nifty if done right.
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
The idea of a cross level (you play them simultaneously and one is giving you the hints for the other) sounds interesting.
But honestly - isn't it needlessly complicated? I can see how Vita level could enhance PS3 level. But considering that the Vita version contain all features of the LBP2, there is no PS3 function that would enhance your already existing Vita experience.
Why not to just create only the Vita level that would contatin both versions and let you switch between them as you want? It would be the same. But much more confortable to play.
You could eighter put both enviromentn into one level using some button to switch which of the two sackbots are you controlling. Or you cound do two separate levels. And use some button to activate level link between them and memorises to seve the progress, so you should be able to swith there and back again as you wish. Without changing the controllers.
I am going to make a survival level called grenade. At the start of the level you touch and hold both the top and bottom panels to grab the grenade. The pin is then removed by a sackbot. Bubbles slowly drop until you let go and the thing explodes.
I can't decide if being on the leader board of the level would be something to be proud or ashamed of.F4F Level:Super Mario Brothers Classic
Grapple Battle ArenaNominate for most undecipherable and baaaaad gameplay mechanic by Sheep! magazine.
Ted & Robi Spotlighted & LBPC PSP 2010 Most Outstandingly Original award winner =)
Trials-of-the-treasure-god Sacky Nominee for best gameplay
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
The first levels that you will see from me will be:
- Sudoku puzzle
- Slide-it puzzle (you know... this type of puzzle: http://www.playshot.com/logic_games_32/15_puzzle.gif)
- Then two challenges with very questionable quality (just a results of playing with the editor. Not polished very much and probably buggy.) In one of them you will be using touch to drag burning boxes to kill sackbots that are trying to steal your potatoes. In the second you will be in a arena and using tilt to control flaming ball and killing sackbots in the time limit.
- And Text based adventure (you know, the one "You are in the forest. 1) go east 2) go west 3) pick up a rock" etc). This one will be most of the work. So I hope it wont be finished too much after 19th.
Nothing really creative from me, I am just re making all my Mythicos levels from LBP1 in Vita with touch controls and revamped gameplay.
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Russia, cave with bear and vod
For the begining I have two level's idea
1. Vita recreation of my first LBP psp level - "Treasure Hunter and a riddle of old castle". I will remake it with using some new vita features. It will help me to study all old and new instruments in vita version for future levels.
2. I already begin to create my study levels for my kids. They just learn numbers and letters, so I will create some levels with drawing it with help of touch screen. Hologram and sticker material are perfect for it. Also there will be some levels with equations examples and words. LBP vita can be perfect study platform and people can create any learning levels for the childrens
So I will try to make some evolvement for "Game Based Learning" and also create some new cool gameplay levels
Last edited by Domik12; 09-17-2012 at 08:09 AM.