BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1. #1

    Smile The Facility (Pics Inside (Updated))

    Level Name: The Facility
    Creator: Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX

    I've been hard at work on this level constantly for the past while, and after much testing, and level making, its finally done. Please note, you can complete this level with multiple people, but is best played singleplayer.

    Update: just added a new update, I've added many more "secret" locations for more points, and added in a new race mode in which you unlock for beating the level, adding alot more replayability and promotes you to do better than your previous run. I've also colour coded the last boss fight to make it a little easier.

    Pics: Here are some pics of my level, and i did not post pictures of the two best things in my level, each boss, wanted them to be a surprise :] and the pics IMO dont do the level justice at all because there's usually always something moving in your sights, and the quality of the pics isnt that great, but anyways, enjoy (sorry that many of the pics are from editing mode)














    Description: You are subject 43, one of many. You have been chosen to participate in the facility, training grounds in which none before you have survived through. Will you do the impossible and survive, or die like the rest?

    Boss Fights: They're are two boss fights, both are epic, and full boss fights. Each take up a good chunk of the thermometer. And are both very original. They both have a nice challenge to them, and are both well made.

    Music / Sound Effects / Camera Zones: All music is set to fit the theme of the battle, or stuff going on. The sound effects all match their actions, and fit nicely. The camera zones all work very well, and allow you to see what you need to do, and whats going on.

    Custom Content: EVERYTHING in my level is completely custom, i made it all myself, and dislike using other users stuff (but feel free to use anything of mine if you want to :P). The boss fights are especially original, and im sure you'll have a blast fighting both.

    Gameplay: My level has been made to have both the paintinator and platforming, all implemented from the beggining, not just a tacky add on. There is plenty of doing / using both, and sometimes a mix of both paintinator and platforming at the same time.

    Testing and Community Support: My level has been played thoroughly multiple times, and made sure to not be buggy / glitchy. It all runs smoothly and is error free (to my knowledge anyways :P). I'd like to thank The_Killian and OCK for playtesting my level, and helping with feedback.

    Feedback 4 Feedback: I will keep us aswell as i can with F4F, and i will get to everyone at some point in time. Please post your likes and dislikes / tips / suggestions etc. If you want me to give you feedback please post your psn username and level name :] thanks.

    I hope you enjoy playing my level as much as i enjoyed making it have fun you guys ^^

    p.s. if you ace the level (good luck :P) you get the final boss
    Last edited by Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX; 01-08-2009 at 12:15 AM. Reason: new information / update

  2. #2
    I can see the ending! Kog's Avatar
    Points: 41,793, Level: 63
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,157
    Overall activity: 0%

    PSN
    CogSpartan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    5ecret 5tar 5ystem
    Posts
    2,093
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    I started this level thinking it was going to be good, and it was. The many little challenges were tricky, but I passed them. I liked the robot with his many stickers and decorations. The first boss was good, but there is a slight cheat to beat him, were you just hide in the little box that the square goes in, and shoot from there. You can't die. Most people make bosses like you, were you have to kill them, then get a box, and put it in a hollow shape matching it. Instead, make the boss have a Magnetic Key on it, and have a Magnetic Key Switch, that fills the whole room with it's radius. Invert the Magnetic Key Switch, then connect it to the thing you want to open. So, when you kill the boss, and the Magnetic key disappears, the door opens.

    There were only two things I didn't like in this level. Some of the background walls and such could of had more detail. That final boss was not killing me a lot, yet it was just annoying to keep having to dodge back into to cover over, and over, and over again. The Boss took me about 10 minutes to beat. And got pretty boring.

    Overall it was a good level. 4 Stars, and hearted. Good job!
    My newest level: Sycophant (1Player)
    Check out my Youtube videos, and subscribe if you like them!

  3. #3
    The Fastest Hedgehog EVER Sonic5411's Avatar
    Points: 12,344, Level: 33
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 306
    Overall activity: 1.0%

    PSN
    Super_Sonic5411
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Green Hill Zone
    Posts
    631
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Looks super complicated
    Im going to have to try it out

    Levels:Aptitude
    The Final Frontier (Spotlighted)
    Private Eye: The Diner (Spotlighted)
    Project: Private Eye part 2: Downtown

  4. #4
    Fuzz Ball Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX's Avatar
    Points: 9,008, Level: 28
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Eganville, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cog View Post
    I started this level thinking it was going to be good, and it was. The many little challenges were tricky, but I passed them. I liked the robot with his many stickers and decorations. The first boss was good, but there is a slight cheat to beat him, were you just hide in the little box that the square goes in, and shoot from there. You can't die. Most people make bosses like you, were you have to kill them, then get a box, and put it in a hollow shape matching it. Instead, make the boss have a Magnetic Key on it, and have a Magnetic Key Switch, that fills the whole room with it's radius. Invert the Magnetic Key Switch, then connect it to the thing you want to open. So, when you kill the boss, and the Magnetic key disappears, the door opens.

    There were only two things I didn't like in this level. Some of the background walls and such could of had more detail. That final boss was not killing me a lot, yet it was just annoying to keep having to dodge back into to cover over, and over, and over again. The Boss took me about 10 minutes to beat. And got pretty boring.

    Overall it was a good level. 4 Stars, and hearted. Good job!
    hmm, thank you for the info the on the key info especially, i was always wondering how to do that! :P i really appreciate it, next time im on ill be sure to fix that right away.

    and ill try and get some stuff in the backgrounds, try and fill it up again, thanks yet again for more feedback

    10 minutes!? :O hmm, we're you always running back to the bos for cover or did you switch back and fourth inbetween layers? it never takes me all that long to do it, but i guess that could just be cus i made the level :/ ill see if i can throw something together to change that up.

    Thanks for all the feedback.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic5411 View Post
    Looks super complicated
    Im going to have to try it out
    i hope you enjoy playing it
    Last edited by QuozL; 01-07-2009 at 02:05 AM. Reason: Double Post

  5. #5
    ZepOfLed
    Guest

    Default

    Good work Sniper! I just played your level and I've got to say that I enjoyed it thoroughly. I consider myself fairly adept at LBP by now, and I was completely satisfied with the difficulty. It's hard enough that you have to pay attention, and maybe die a few times to get the timing down, but not hard enough to be annoying. I like your scenery objects and machines, such as the collapsing doors and mechanical bridges. Also, the way that you advance is pretty cool; shooting targets that, when destroyed, move covers in front of the blasters in your way.

    I would say that the level is very complete and I wouldn't change much. However, for the final boss, it's hard to tell which blasts are on which layer, making them difficult to dodge properly. Maybe if you made the blasts on one layer a different color it would be easier to tell. Once I figured out the pattern it wasn't bad though. The target on his gun takes a while to destroy because of the frequent blasts, but that's a good thing. For the target on his head, all I had to do was stand on the back layer right in front of him and fire a constant stream of paint. I don't know if that's what you wanted, but you might consider amending it.

    Great otherwise!

  6. #6
    Fuzz Ball Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX's Avatar
    Points: 9,008, Level: 28
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Eganville, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZepOfLed View Post
    Good work Sniper! I just played your level and I've got to say that I enjoyed it thoroughly. I consider myself fairly adept at LBP by now, and I was completely satisfied with the difficulty. It's hard enough that you have to pay attention, and maybe die a few times to get the timing down, but not hard enough to be annoying. I like your scenery objects and machines, such as the collapsing doors and mechanical bridges. Also, the way that you advance is pretty cool; shooting targets that, when destroyed, move covers in front of the blasters in your way.

    I would say that the level is very complete and I wouldn't change much. However, for the final boss, it's hard to tell which blasts are on which layer, making them difficult to dodge properly. Maybe if you made the blasts on one layer a different color it would be easier to tell. Once I figured out the pattern it wasn't bad though. The target on his gun takes a while to destroy because of the frequent blasts, but that's a good thing. For the target on his head, all I had to do was stand on the back layer right in front of him and fire a constant stream of paint. I don't know if that's what you wanted, but you might consider amending it.

    Great otherwise!
    thanks for the feedback Zep, i just posted my feedback on your level too (sorry it took so long). Im glad you enjoyed the level and yeah, i was thinking that as i was designing it, but never went through with changing the colours, but after the feedback im hearing i think ill be changing that up. Other than that im glad you liked it

  7. #7

    Default

    I had a chnace to try this out earlier today, here are my thoughts:

    Pros

    - Complexity. You have so many moving elements and switch combinations happening that I was literally astounded. The sheer volume of it all is something that I have not really seen before. Amazing stuff.

    - The gameplay kept me entertained from beginning to end. The action is non-stop, the platforming is clever and I particularly liked your use of dissolve to open up new areas/platforms etc. Very well done.

    - Two bosses, what more can I say? I loved the first boss. It's movement pattern was unlike any other boss' that I have fought and the receeding elevator was a nice touch. I loved the look of the second boss but there were some problems (more on that later).

    - Challenge. I love a good challenge and this level provided it. I must stress that it never felt frustrating but always kept me on my toes.

    - Story. Your story isn't overly complex but I do appreciate that narrative was implemented to move things forward. I also loved the design of your robot, very cool.

    Cons/Suggestions:

    - I was not able to finish the level. The reason? Your final boss. EXTREMELY tedious and overly difficult to kill. You designed the boss in such a way that the player literally has 1.5 seconds to get a couple of shots off (which need to be aimed perfectly) before they have to scurry back to cover and wait another 4 seconds before venturing out again. I got very impatient and ended up using all 16 of my lives without even destroying at least 1 of it's weakpoints. If there is a secret then maybe add a speech bubble to assist he player, otherwise some serious tweaking is needed here. I loved the look of the boss and was very disappointed that I could not finish the level.

    - I mentioned this in my pm but I must mention it again. I would love to see a bit of variation in the background. The blue VR grid looks great but gets boring after a while. Thankfully the level is so well put together that this is only a minor complaint.

    Ultimately this was a highly enjoyable level that earned a HEART! Great job and I hope you tweak the boss soon so I can have another go and see the ending
    I use Feedback4Feedback

    Published Levels: Pulse - 218 - The Legion - Out of Africa

    New Release: The Rose Garden

  8. #8
    Fuzz Ball Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX's Avatar
    Points: 9,008, Level: 28
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Eganville, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OCK View Post
    I had a chnace to try this out earlier today, here are my thoughts:

    Pros

    - Complexity. You have so many moving elements and switch combinations happening that I was literally astounded. The sheer volume of it all is something that I have not really seen before. Amazing stuff.
    thanks, im glad that this was noticed, this was something i wanted to have from the very beggining

    - The gameplay kept me entertained from beginning to end. The action is non-stop, the platforming is clever and I particularly liked your use of dissolve to open up new areas/platforms etc. Very well done.
    I'm glad you enjoyed this, and that you weren't ever bored ^^

    - Two bosses, what more can I say? I loved the first boss. It's movement pattern was unlike any other boss' that I have fought and the receeding elevator was a nice touch. I loved the look of the second boss but there were some problems (more on that later).
    Thanks, after making the first boss, i was kind of ticked knowing my second boss probably wouldnt be as unique as the first, but i decided to stick with the idea of two bosses, and ill explain more on the second boss later in the post.

    - Challenge. I love a good challenge and this level provided it. I must stress that it never felt frustrating but always kept me on my toes.
    haha, glad it was balanced out

    - Story. Your story isn't overly complex but I do appreciate that narrative was implemented to move things forward. I also loved the design of your robot, very cool.
    heh, thats usually what i always end up doing :P no big story, but enough to push you

    Cons/Suggestions:

    - I was not able to finish the level. The reason? Your final boss. EXTREMELY tedious and overly difficult to kill. You designed the boss in such a way that the player literally has 1.5 seconds to get a couple of shots off (which need to be aimed perfectly) before they have to scurry back to cover and wait another 4 seconds before venturing out again. I got very impatient and ended up using all 16 of my lives without even destroying at least 1 of it's weakpoints. If there is a secret then maybe add a speech bubble to assist he player, otherwise some serious tweaking is needed here. I loved the look of the boss and was very disappointed that I could not finish the level.
    ok, here's what i think the problem is, i think people are running back from every single laser ball, but what you have to do is use each layer back nad fourth. I've made this MUCH easier to see in a newer version i released just this morning. I colour coded each type of laser so its easier to notice which layer its on. Try it out again and tell me if the new clues i provided are easy enough to get you through the fight

    - I mentioned this in my pm but I must mention it again. I would love to see a bit of variation in the background. The blue VR grid looks great but gets boring after a while. Thankfully the level is so well put together that this is only a minor complaint.
    yeah, i know this was a complaint from a few, ill try and throw something together to make it look different, but still organized.

    Ultimately this was a highly enjoyable level that earned a HEART! Great job and I hope you tweak the boss soon so I can have another go and see the ending
    thanks for giving all this feedback OCK, ill be sure to try and fix up the background with something more spiffy. As for the boss fight, i did change it up, and would like to know if what i added is enough help?

    thanks again

  9. #9
    The Multi-media drunkard GruntosUK's Avatar
    Points: 27,040, Level: 50
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    GruntosUK
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    County Durham, North East England
    Posts
    2,490

    Default

    Just had a play, its a .. level. Heres what I thought the pros and cons were.

    + Its very well designed. Everything flows, fits, and looks great. I was'nt liking the VR look in the screen shots but its well done.
    + Original characters and obstacles
    + I like how the areas are always changing, new paths opening, the cannons getting blocked etc, it all looks and works great
    + Like the way different doors open, it looks very cool
    + First boss looks great.
    + I though your obstacles and platforming section where loads more intresting than the paintinator sections
    + The platforming really is brilliant
    +The last boss looks awesome. And is hard to beat

    - A pet hate of mine, is swinging on cloth attached to ropes over dangers. Its been done to death.
    - You can hide in a hole on the first boss and hardly be touched or have to move.
    - The first boss also takes a LOT of shots, it gets boring
    - The paintinator when the platforming is so good

    This is an excellently designed level that is definetly worthy of a play. It flows brilliant and makes excelllent use of the VR textures. The only problem I had with it, was that the platforming and obstacles where so good, that the paintinator, for me, let it down, and were the worst parts.

    **** and "brilliant" tag left in game
    I'm on twitter, Follow me here
    -----------------
    -----------------

  10. #10
    Fuzz Ball Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX's Avatar
    Points: 9,008, Level: 28
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Eganville, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantosUK View Post
    Just had a play, its a .. level. Heres what I thought the pros and cons were.

    + Its very well designed. Everything flows, fits, and looks great. I was'nt liking the VR look in the screen shots but its well done.
    + Original characters and obstacles
    + I like how the areas are always changing, new paths opening, the cannons getting blocked etc, it all looks and works great
    + Like the way different doors open, it looks very cool
    + First boss looks great.
    + I though your obstacles and platforming section where loads more intresting than the paintinator sections
    + The platforming really is brilliant
    +The last boss looks awesome. And is hard to beat

    - A pet hate of mine, is swinging on cloth attached to ropes over dangers. Its been done to death.
    - You can hide in a hole on the first boss and hardly be touched or have to move.
    - The first boss also takes a LOT of shots, it gets boring
    - The paintinator when the platforming is so good

    This is an excellently designed level that is definetly worthy of a play. It flows brilliant and makes excelllent use of the VR textures. The only problem I had with it, was that the platforming and obstacles where so good, that the paintinator, for me, let it down, and were the worst parts.

    **** and "brilliant" tag left in game

    thanks for all the feedback grantos, hmm, maybe ill lower the health on the first boss then, ill get a little more feedback on him first though. This is the first time the first boss has gotten more critism than the second, but i guess you were the first person to play the new colour coded second boss and leave feedback.

    It's a shame you didnt like the paintinator parts though, and sorry bout the swinging over obstacle parts, yes i do know its been overdone to death, i just love doing it, its kind of a bad habit of mine :/

    im currently at home, but ill give your level a go tonight and give you feedback as soon as possible (either tonight, or tomorrow mid-day)

    thanks again for the feedback, and im glad you liked all the moving things / new areas / stuff changing etc

  11. #11
    The Multi-media drunkard GruntosUK's Avatar
    Points: 27,040, Level: 50
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    GruntosUK
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    County Durham, North East England
    Posts
    2,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX View Post
    thanks for all the feedback grantos, hmm, maybe ill lower the health on the first boss then, ill get a little more feedback on him first though. This is the first time the first boss has gotten more critism than the second, but i guess you were the first person to play the new colour coded second boss and leave feedback.

    It's a shame you didnt like the paintinator parts though, and sorry bout the swinging over obstacle parts, yes i do know its been overdone to death, i just love doing it, its kind of a bad habit of mine :/

    im currently at home, but ill give your level a go tonight and give you feedback as soon as possible (either tonight, or tomorrow mid-day)

    thanks again for the feedback, and im glad you liked all the moving things / new areas / stuff changing etc
    I did'nt not like the paintinator sections, just the platform sections were much better IMO.

    And the swinging things are my personal pet hate. Some like, some loath I think

    Excellent level though. Really enjoyed it
    Last edited by GruntosUK; 01-07-2009 at 06:02 PM. Reason: typos
    I'm on twitter, Follow me here
    -----------------
    -----------------

  12. #12
    Fuzz Ball Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX's Avatar
    Points: 9,008, Level: 28
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Eganville, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantosUK View Post
    I did'nt not like the paintinator sections, just the platform sections were much better IMO.

    And the swinging things are my personal pet hate. Some like, some loath I think

    Excellent level though. Really enjoyed it
    ahh i see, well thats not as bad then i personally dont like the paintinator when im just standing still, but aslong as i need to be moving as im using it i like it.

    haha, yup, everyones got a different oppinion, and nothing can be perfect, because no matter what, it can't be perfect to ALL, just some

    thanks, and im glad you did. Ill be sure to check out your level tonight, and from the screens in your thread, and comments, it looks very good :] looking forward to hitting it up ^^

    Update: just added a new update, I've added many more "secret" locations for more points, and added in a new race mode in which you unlock for beating the level, adding alot more replayability and promotes you to do better than your previous run. I've also colour coded the last boss fight to make it a little easier.

    If anyone tries the race mode out, can you please tell me if i provided enough time, im pretty sure i did, but i want to make sure.
    Last edited by Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX; 01-08-2009 at 12:16 AM. Reason: missed information
    - Feedback 4 Feedback User -
    My Levels:
    The Facility -thread-
    Area 52 - Live or die -thread-

  13. #13

    Default

    Yeah, this level was cool. I had my doubts when I first loaded it up, I felt a little accosted by the amount VR materials used, but once I started the level, I was hooked. The shooting was great, the platforming was awesome, the level progressed fluidly and it was all challenging to boot! Really, I could explain it, but you really have to play through the first few obstacles to really understand the method of progression in this level. It was definitely well planned out and must have been difficult to make it all work properly. Outside of the overwhelming amount of VR (I feel the VR materials are good accents but not good to make a whole level out of.) the only problem I had with this level is that there were multiple life gates that had the potential to spawn you directly into death. It wasn't that much of a problem here because he gave you plenty of lives and the gates were spaced out well but in the future, I would watch out for this sort of thing. You don't want to discourage people from playing and, if the level is difficult to start with, that can be the type of thing to make someone just outright quit. Anyhow That's that and we'll see you around.

  14. #14

    Default

    Woah.... didn't see this! I'm gunna change the name of my level - too similar!

    Btw - your level looks awesome so if i get the time i'll check it out!
    Last edited by Ryan; 01-10-2009 at 05:45 PM.

  15. #15
    Who is this guy? Killian's Avatar
    Points: 15,931, Level: 38
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 519
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    The_Killian
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,647

    Default

    Fantastic level. It looks great, it's challenging and really fun to play. It also has good replay value with lots of secrets to find. I really liked the bosses and the cool visual effects like the scoreboard and lights.

    One bug is on the second spinning wheel that you have to shoot. After it broke (like it was meant to), I jumped into the gap it left above it because I thought it was a secret. I got stuck and had to kill myself. I think you should close the gap or add a secret area there.

  16. #16

    Default

    Very nice level!

    + Good challenge.
    + I like that first robot!
    + The way doors, bridges and traps open is very cool.
    + Everything (i think) is custom. Big + for me.
    + I like the way the level change to give you new paths when you kill an ennemy.
    + Good use of the Paintinator.
    + That last boss is very cool!

    - Too much shots are needed to kill the first boss.
    - It's good to be constant in the visuals of a level, but it's a bit too much of the same texture everywhere. I like to see some kind of "evolution" in the environment as I progress.

    Again, very nice level!!
    5 stars, hearted.

    I need comments too on a level I made.
    The link is in my signature if you have some time.

    Thanks!
    Last edited by JackBurton25; 01-10-2009 at 05:47 PM.
    ------------------------------------
    Left Behind - Part 1 : Lab-rats / Left Behind - Part 2 : Underground Complex
    by JackBurton25
    ------------------------------------

  17. #17
    Fuzz Ball Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX's Avatar
    Points: 9,008, Level: 28
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Eganville, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    67

    Default

    thanks for all the feedback you guys, and since the VR material isnt like everywhere, i might totally redo the materials, we'll see, i wanna fool around more with that.

    hmm, great idea Killian, i spose i could throw a secret in there somewhere if i get a chance :] although it wouldn't be much of a secret now, lol

    ok, ill lower the hit points on him by 25 and see how that goes, and yep everything is completely custom :] i love designing everything myself ^^

    haha @ ryryryan :P it seems "facility" is quite common these days :P

    @jack, ill be sure to check it out, ill post feedback by tomorrow :]

    thanks again for feedback everyone, please keep it coming as i am updating the level on a daily-weekly basis, because i still have about 5-10% left on my thermy
    - Feedback 4 Feedback User -
    My Levels:
    The Facility -thread-
    Area 52 - Live or die -thread-

  18. #18

    Default

    Pros

    - Aesthetics work well

    - Both bosses are fun to look at and to fight. The color coding on the second one works well.

    - Platforming and shooting was fun.

    - Difficulty is well balanced.

    - Music is good.

    Cons

    - That part at the beginning, like the first thing you have to shoot. After I shot it and the platform lowered, I had a really hard time getting on the platform. Maybe make it move further down?

    Just one minor gripe about your level. It was good, nice job. I gave it 5 stars and a heart.

    In theory one is aware that the earth revolves, but in practice one does not perceive it, the ground upon which one treads seems not to move, and one can live undisturbed. So it is with Time in one's life. ~Marcel Proust, The Past Recaptured, 1927

  19. #19
    Fuzz Ball Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX's Avatar
    Points: 9,008, Level: 28
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 342
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Xx_FAF_Sniper_xX
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Eganville, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BassDeluxe View Post
    Pros

    - Aesthetics work well

    - Both bosses are fun to look at and to fight. The color coding on the second one works well.

    - Platforming and shooting was fun.

    - Difficulty is well balanced.

    - Music is good.

    Cons

    - That part at the beginning, like the first thing you have to shoot. After I shot it and the platform lowered, I had a really hard time getting on the platform. Maybe make it move further down?

    Just one minor gripe about your level. It was good, nice job. I gave it 5 stars and a heart.
    ahh yes, i know what you mean. I don't think the problem is from it the way it moves, but its on a different layer than the platform, so sometimes the auto assist doesnt kick in and put you on the right layer and you just fall :/ ill have to fixy that up, shouldnt be hard at all to do ^^

    thanks for the feedback DeluxeBass, please keep it coming you guys :]
    - Feedback 4 Feedback User -
    My Levels:
    The Facility -thread-
    Area 52 - Live or die -thread-

  20. #20

    Default

    Fun, Complex level. i had a good time, except that first boss made my trigger finger tired. maybe you could color coide the 1st boss, like you did the second?

    i liked the platforming, and the shooting was pretty good. very complex way to move around, and it was good how you executed the obstacles. the blue VR grid though... it works with the theme, but i would use it a bit more sparingly. my level has some of the green in it, and im sure people will tell me the same.

    good job on the camera angles! there wasnt anything glaring i could really sink my critical tooth into so i'll give your level 2 thumbs up!

    EDIT: ahh yes, its not super important, but if you'd like to take a break to play a level, my psn is my forum name. give Dr. Tecnova's Lair a shot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •