BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default LBPC Contest #8 - The Results

LBPC Crown Contest #8 - The Results

With this contest we really set out to test your mettle. We threw down a true gauntlet - to make a super-fast underwater level and you guys rose to the challenge magnificently. You genuinely pushed the boundaries of the game and wowed us with some amazing and thrillingly fast entries. So well done to every single creator who was brave (crazy?) enough to enter.

We’d also like officially to welcome a couple of new members to the Crew. We’re delighted that Dav1d0 and ALS_Thegamer have joined us. It has to be said that they had a pretty tough first job in judging this contest as it was genuinely difficult to pick a winner out of the 10 finalists.

Without further ado, the winners are:

1st Place

(LBPC8) Raging Stream : 1player only
    by  yu-kamone
    n order to look for the city of the legend which exist in deep sea. However, you arrived at the way of a dangerous raging stream. You will find a legendary city across this raging stream!! --This is my entry to the LBPC8 contest, This level is very fast underwater platformer. Somewhat hard. (1player only) --- このステージはLBPC8参加作品です。深海に眠る伝説の都市を探し海へ潜る。しかし、運悪く激流の道に遭 遇。この激流を越えて伝説の都市を見つけだそう!

2nd Place

(LBPC8) OIL CRISIS [1PLAYER ONLY]
    by  coscos-9
    This level is an entry for the LBPC8Contest. This level takes place in a flooded factory, The pulg supporting the water collapsed, and caused the flood. Go through the waterpipes and close the pulg!ーーーこのステージはLBPC8コンテスト参加作品です。舞台は水没した地下工場。海底の配水管 の栓がゆるんでしまい工場が水没してしまった。配水管を通って栓を締めてこよう! Thanks @Snakeowl @keisama777 @mikanchaan

3rd Place

(LBPC8) Aquagility (1player)
    by  deadmn
    (Aqua-gil-ity) How quick are your reflexes? Do you think your agile enough for top spot on the leaderboard? -- Massive thank you to @Breezy-The-Pro for all his help and for making the logo and music. He rocks!!

Congratulations yu-kamone! Your entry blew us out of the water (groan ) with its non-stop pace, vibrancy and great visuals. It was an awesome thrill ride from start to finish.

Well done to coscos-9 – your level was a very close second to the winner. The judges all loved the inventiveness and originality of your level - awesome drills!

Congratulations too to our third placed entry, deadmn ! Your level was great all round - fantastic use of layers and some neat, original gameplay mechanics.

Honourable Mentions!
    (In alphabetical order)

brucethejam LBPC8 - MOTION OF THE OCEAN (Fast paced level)
    deurklink1 (LBPC Sea Snake Safari
    JustinArt (LBPC Hydro Turbulence
    Lakera-13 (LBPC Dark Reef ( 1 player only )
    Nick930930 (LBPC Under Pressure
    sarudayo [1P ONLY] (LBPC Hydrogen and Oxygen [1P ONLY]
    triangle777 (LBPC Aquatic Platformer (1P only)

We'd also like to say a big thank you to all the other contenders. You kept us entertained and had us powering through the water in spectacular ways.

We're hoping to publish a winners' hub "soon". A big thank you to OmegaSlayer for building it for us. We're truly grateful for for his continuing support and assistance!

Until the hub goes live you can play all the entries by queuing this list. So if you’re up for some underwater gameplay of a kind you've never seen before, queue these levels, go play and enjoy!

Remember you can follow the LBPC Contest Crew on Twitter!

Sincerely,

ALS_Thegamer, biorogue, Dav1d0, LittleBigDes, psyntens, Shadowriver, shropshirelass

Yes fantastic choices! Yu-Kamones is a perfect 1st place selection! I loved his visuals coupled with the awesome gameplay! Congrats man! And nice dead! you got top 3! I must've played your level the most trying to ace it XD Great work everyone who participated and the contest crew of course for dealing with all our silly questions and bribes (I want my $20 back judges ) lol

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 403
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Created Album pictures 500 Experience Points 7 days registered
    PSN
    Sport_dude
    Blog Entries

Allow me to offer my congratulations on the truly admirable skill the participant have shown in this competition.
    I believe it was a hard to pick because every level were splendid.

Thanks!

Congratulations to everyone , especially yu-kamone Well deserved !

Congrats to yu-kamone. Truly one of the best in the competition, though I personally would have went with Hydrogen and Oxygen.

When will the new contest be announced? I'm considering participating (with a non-troll level) next time. lol

My levels, helpfully categorized for your convenience:
    The Good - The Bad - The Weird - The Frustrating - The Pretty - The Mobile

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Created Blog entry 500 Experience Points 7 days registered
    PSN
    Valeview05
    Blog Entries

congrats yu-kamone.
    Still disappointed, that none of the top 3 are site "regulars"... they seem to only come by to post levels :S
    Oh well.
    Well deserved win.
    Follow me on Twitter @ValesView.

Congrats to all of the winners! also thank you LBPC contest crew for bringing another awesome contest! anybe I will enter the next one

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 4.0%

PSN
    julesyjules

I played a few of these, and it's almost like the creators carved out a new sub genre for LBP, 'the stomach churningly fast platformer'.

'Grats to the winners and thanks to the creators who entered, there were some really inventive ideas flying around.

Wow third place thank you!! Congradulations to you yu kamone your level was amazing it fully deserves to win.

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 434
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    deurklink1

Well, since yu-kamone already has a crown, i think i deserve it
    TiltWorks!

Count Hackensack's Super Duper Hard Castle of Doom! *Spotlight nod*
    Sea Snake Safari! *Spotlight nod*
    Escape from Orion 3!
    Wake up the Forest! *Spotlight nod*

Need logic help? Feel free to ask! In this level you can get some of the stuff i made for myself or other people!

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 45
    100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Created Blog entry 500 Experience Points 7 days registered
    PSN
    Valeview05
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deurklink1 View Post
    Why'd you think they already have one?
    Follow me on Twitter @ValesView.

LBPCentral Contest Crew LBPC Contest Crew ForgottenEnigma's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    ForgottenEnigma

Quote Originally Posted by Deurklink1 View Post
    I've checked their profile (through "pin progress" on lbp.me) personally and can assure you that they did not have a crown prior to this contest.

As stated earlier, we will make sure prizes get to the right people. There is no need to worry.

Last edited by ForgottenEnigma; 07-13-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Congrats to every one and to yu-kamone...And congrats to

Honourable Mentions!

Journey Rebirth 2 was included in LBPC Community Spotlight Episode 120 9/13/13

Journey Rebirth 2 was included in LBN PICKS 21 9/22/13

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Created Blog entry Your First Group
    PSN
    SuperROBO-1
    Blog Entries

Sigh, not even a mention D;
    My reaction when my level gets on the cool pages

Congrats to all winners! I've been busy with my new project, so i only played 1 of the LBPC8 levels . Well, I'm gonna try and finish up my contest and play some more LBPK beta!

Need help with any costumes? Send me a comment on my profile!

http://lbp.me/u/amoney1999
    http://vita.lbp.me/u/amoney1999
    https://karting.lbp.me/me

Sackperson Lieutenant
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Jggfij
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Valeview View Post
    congrats yu-kamone.
    Still disappointed, that none of the top 3 are site "regulars"... they seem to only come by to post levels :S
    Oh well.
    Well deserved win.
    The Japanese community is doing their best to integrate with us, while not everyone of them speaks English
    I know they try hard.

Quote Originally Posted by bonner123 View Post
    Congrats to yu-kamone. Truly one of the best in the competition, though I personally would have went with Hydrogen and Oxygen.

When will the new contest be announced? I'm considering participating (with a non-troll level) next time. lol
    That's why there are more judges, to be sure that the level that received the overall agreement and consensus wins.
    Last edited by OmegaSlayer; 07-13-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Sig by FJT

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 390
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    goranilic

Congrats to yu-kamone, well deserved win ! Also congrats to coscos-9, deadmn and all honourable mentions ! Great contest !

Spotlighted in Community Spotlight Episode 104

Spotlighted in Community Spotlight Episode 90

Sticks and stones may break my bones
    but words will never hurt me

Gongratulations yu-kamone, that was amazing level and done really quickly too. Great job coscos and deadmn also, loved your levels too. And what amazing feeling it is to be in mentions surrounded all cool levels that I thought even had a winning possibility. Community sure got a lot of great (and of course fast ;D) water levels from this contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Valeview View Post
    congrats yu-kamone.
    Oh well.
    Well deserved win.
    Sorry if it seems I'm not a "regular" I tend to just read posts on lbpc rather than post things as I don't think people will be interested in what I add to the discussion. Sorry

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    100 Experience Points Created Blog entry 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    brucethejam
    Blog Entries

Congrats to Yu-kamone and the runners up, it's been a great contest

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast