BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Cruise 3D [SPOTLIGHTED]

Take a seat behind the wheel of a brand new 2012 Ford Mustang GT. Cruise 3D is the first 3D racer on PSP.

This level marks the beginning of my retirement on the PSP side. I plan on releasing the last levels at some point in the near future as one last hoorah. Until then, enjoy this survival challenge that literally forced me to push the limits of LBP PSP.

I Am A Mad Scientist... unc92sax's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 522
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    100 Experience Points Created Blog entry 250 Experience Points Your First Group 7 days registered
    PSN
    unc92sax
    Blog Entries

Cool ride! I kinda figured out how you pulled this off. But this was very original. I never would have come up with something like this. You always come up some of the most original levels. I gave this five stars.

Are you planning on joining the Vita community?

SPOTLIGHTED/PICKED:
    A Bunch of Spotlight Nods (PSP), Winter Wonderland (Spotlighted VITA)
    Newest Level:

I MAKE MUSIC:
    http://soundcloud.com/tomisthebom

3. Thanks!

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Overall activity: 0%
    100 Experience Points Created Album pictures 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    WoodburyRaider
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by unc92sax View Post
    Cool ride! I kinda figured out how you pulled this off. But this was very original. I never would have come up with something like this. You always come up some of the most original levels. I gave this five stars.

Are you planning on joining the Vita community?
    Thanks for the kind words man!

As for the Vita, I'm going to have to pass at least for now. The cost of actually using a Vita is way too high in my opinion. Plus, there is a severe lack of games out for it right now.
    Spotlighted PSP levels: Crisis, Catastrophe, Ceasefire, Chase, Collateral, Castaway, Contagion, Cruise 3D
    Shoutout to VelcroJonze, Taffey, anoken, Cory#s, nysudyrgh, AFP, alismuffin, Schark, Pulparindo15, doggy97, darcyh, himoks, JetArtois, Coxy, Ricky-III, BlackWolfe, MrObycek, comphermc, eagerneph, unc92sax, and everyone else. Thank you for being a great community!

Keep Moving Forward ConverseFox's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 541
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    cory_7101995
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WoodburyRaider View Post

As for the Vita, I'm going to have to pass at least for now. The cost of actually using a Vita is way too high in my opinion. Plus, there is a severe lack of games out for it right now.
    Same here. I was going to get a Vita with my birthday money, but I didn't get enough, so I got a phone instead. :3

KEEP
    CALM

AND
    ALLONS-
    Y!

6. Thanks!

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 366
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    nysudyrgh
    Blog Entries

Ooh a new WB level. I haven't turned on LBP PSP for awhile, this may will push me to ram that start button again.

Levels PSP:
    Steam *Spotlighted**Highest Rated Page 6*|The Tree Of Life *Spotlight Nod*|Russian Rocks *Spotlighted*|The Gravity Caves *Spotlighted*

Levels PSVITA:
    Nys Labs OmniCircle Battle|[VCC] Nys Labs Christmas Edition|[PLCC5] The Sketchlands *Spotlighted*|Tumblewood Cliffs (Coming Late)|BOMBS AWAY!(Coming Soon)

100 Experience Points Created Album pictures 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    WoodburyRaider
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cory_7101995 View Post
    Same here. I was going to get a Vita with my birthday money, but I didn't get enough, so I got a phone instead. :3
    A wise decision. While the Vita is a pretty snazzy piece of hardware, I just don't think it offers enough for its price tag.

Quote Originally Posted by nysudyrgh View Post
    Ooh a new WB level. I haven't turned on LBP PSP for awhile, this may will push me to ram that start button again.
    I hope you like it!
    Spotlighted PSP levels: Crisis, Catastrophe, Ceasefire, Chase, Collateral, Castaway, Contagion, Cruise 3D
    Shoutout to VelcroJonze, Taffey, anoken, Cory#s, nysudyrgh, AFP, alismuffin, Schark, Pulparindo15, doggy97, darcyh, himoks, JetArtois, Coxy, Ricky-III, BlackWolfe, MrObycek, comphermc, eagerneph, unc92sax, and everyone else. Thank you for being a great community!

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 392
    100 Experience Points Your First Group 7 days registered 30 days registered 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    sunbunny23

funny how people talk about how high the price is when my friends say " that's not much " XD. i agree with them. what cost alot is jewlery. it doesn't lack games if you like uncharted,modnation,wipeout,mvc3,ninja gaiden, ect. they do have enough games from ps3 and 3rd parties. you can't really say it lack games if it's still newish and also play psp and minis games. btw is it funny how handhelds cost more than home consoles. wii=100$
    3ds=150$
    3ds xl=200$
    ps3=250$
    vita wifi=250$
    vita 3g=300$
    ohh look at that it's also in lowest to highest XD.
    The logo on my profile picture is made by doggy97
    The avatar is made by me

Betas/Alphas i have been invited:
    KillZone: Mercenary Beta[CLOSED] Little Big Planet Karting Beta[CLOSED] Ratcet And Clank Full Frontal Assault Beta[CLOSED] God Of War Ascension Multiplayer Beta[CLOSED] Smash Clash Ios/Android alpha [OPEN] Destiny Alpha [CLOSED]

7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    nysudyrgh
    Blog Entries

A wise decision. While the Vita is a pretty snazzy piece of hardware, I just don't think it offers enough for its price tag.
    Well the wifi-version costs only 5 euro's more than the PSP when it came out here.

I hope you like it!
    Stuff that pushes boundaries can't be bad so I'm fairly certain that I will. :3
    The real question is ... Where did I leave my UMD?

Levels PSP:
    Steam *Spotlighted**Highest Rated Page 6*|The Tree Of Life *Spotlight Nod*|Russian Rocks *Spotlighted*|The Gravity Caves *Spotlighted*

Levels PSVITA:
    Nys Labs OmniCircle Battle|[VCC] Nys Labs Christmas Edition|[PLCC5] The Sketchlands *Spotlighted*|Tumblewood Cliffs (Coming Late)|BOMBS AWAY!(Coming Soon)

11. Thanks!

PSN
    WoodburyRaider
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbunny23 View Post
    funny how people talk about how high the price is when my friends say " that's not much " XD. i agree with them. what cost alot is jewlery. it doesn't lack games if you like uncharted,modnation,wipeout,mvc3,ninja gaiden, ect. they do have enough games from ps3 and 3rd parties. you can't really say it lack games if it's still newish and also play psp and minis games. btw is it funny how handhelds cost more than home consoles. wii=100$
    3ds=150$
    3ds xl=200$
    ps3=250$
    vita wifi=250$
    vita 3g=300$
    ohh look at that it's also in lowest to highest XD.
    Enough with the rambling, we got your point.

The largest flaw in your argument is when you bring up only five games to counter my point about a lack of a library. I realize that the Vita is new, but Sony should have had more launch titles or held back on the release date seeing that they only had one true system seller in Uncharted. I could go on and on, but there's no point in talking about this here.

Well the wifi-version costs only 5 euro's more than the PSP when it came out here.
    True, but I didn't buy the PSP when it came out nor do I live in the same here, as you.

Stuff that pushes boundaries can't be bad so I'm fairly certain that I will. :3
    The real question is ... Where did I leave my UMD?
    Awesome, feel free to let me know what you think of it.

Tugo29

Take a seat behind the wheel of a brand new 2012 Ford Mustang GT. Cruise 3D is the first 3D racer on PSP.

This level marks the beginning of my retirement on the PSP side. I plan on releasing the last levels at some point in the near future as one last hoorah. Until then, enjoy this survival challenge that literally forced me to push the limits of LBP PSP.
    It is an awesome level, I dont think any one ever would have made something like this. Any way I would like to know how to make different speech bubbles speak at diferent times, but i cant do it

PSN
    WoodburyRaider
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tugo29 View Post
    It is an awesome level, I dont think any one ever would have made something like this. Any way I would like to know how to make different speech bubbles speak at diferent times, but i cant do it
    Thanks man! I assume you are talking about how I did this in Catastrophe and Chase. One thing you can do is use a permanent switch that activates a piston under "Directional" control.

Start with a player sensor set to "One-Shot." Attach this wire to a piece of dissolve material with a yellow magnetic key attached to it. Place a magnetic key switch on a piece of cardboard next to the dissolve piece with a matching yellow magnetic key switch on it set to "Inverted" and "Directional." Make sure that the radius covers the distance to the magnetic key.

Set up a dynamic piece of cardboard and connect a piston between it and a piece of static material. Place a red magnetic key on the dynamic piece of cardboard. Now, place a static piece of cardboard behind where the dynamic piece will move across. Attach as many red magnetic key switches as you want magic mouths to this static background piece. Make sure these red magnetic key switches are set to "On/Off" and the radius should be set to account for the time it takes the piston to pass over them. This will end up being how long each magic mouth is activated for.

Now, attach the wire from the inverted yellow magnetic key switch to the piston. Make sure the piston goes over all the desired red magnetic key switches and you can adjust the timing accordingly. Each red magnetic key switch should be attached to a magic mouth in the visible play area. The magic mouths need to have a large radius so that they are activated even if the player is a little to one side.

Hopefully that explains it. If you want an easier way, you can use only two magic mouths and place the first one wherever you want it. Make sure this first one has a camera angle. Remember the radius you set up and place a second magic mouth with the same radius. Make this one have no camera angle and viola!

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew biorogue's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 1,031
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    jester946
    Blog Entries

I played this last night and was impressed with the visuals. Very well done. Loved the details on the car and the background was great. I didn't find it all that fun though. It was too slow. waiting for the green point thingies to appear, wait some more then another point appears. Looked awesome but felt it needed to be sped up a bit.
    As far as the "lack of Vita games" argument. Are you mad man? List of available vita games a few more than 5.

Follow me on the twitterz @bioswoop

16. Thanks!

PSN
    WoodburyRaider
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by biorogue View Post
    I played this last night and was impressed with the visuals. Very well done. Loved the details on the car and the background was great. I didn't find it all that fun though. It was too slow. waiting for the green point thingies to appear, wait some more then another point appears. Looked awesome but felt it needed to be sped up a bit.
    As far as the "lack of Vita games" argument. Are you mad man? List of available vita games a few more than 5.
    Thanks for the feedback Bio!

Maybe you didn't notice, but more than half of that list hasn't been released yet, and half of those
    don't even have a set release date.. Furthermore, a lot of those games listed are those cheap app store-esque titles. I'm sorry, but I need a much more convincing argument than a games list to make me want a Vita.

Tugo29

Thanks man! I assume you are talking about how I did this in Catastrophe and Chase. One thing you can do is use a permanent switch that activates a piston under "Directional" control.

Start with a player sensor set to "One-Shot." Attach this wire to a piece of dissolve material with a yellow magnetic key attached to it. Place a magnetic key switch on a piece of cardboard next to the dissolve piece with a matching yellow magnetic key switch on it set to "Inverted" and "Directional." Make sure that the radius covers the distance to the magnetic key.

Set up a dynamic piece of cardboard and connect a piston between it and a piece of static material. Place a red magnetic key on the dynamic piece of cardboard. Now, place a static piece of cardboard behind where the dynamic piece will move across. Attach as many red magnetic key switches as you want magic mouths to this static background piece. Make sure these red magnetic key switches are set to "On/Off" and the radius should be set to account for the time it takes the piston to pass over them. This will end up being how long each magic mouth is activated for.

Now, attach the wire from the inverted yellow magnetic key switch to the piston. Make sure the piston goes over all the desired red magnetic key switches and you can adjust the timing accordingly. Each red magnetic key switch should be attached to a magic mouth in the visible play area. The magic mouths need to have a large radius so that they are activated even if the player is a little to one side.

Hopefully that explains it. If you want an easier way, you can use only two magic mouths and place the first one wherever you want it. Make sure this first one has a camera angle. Remember the radius you set up and place a second magic mouth with the same radius. Make this one have no camera angle and viola!
    It sounds a little difficult(perhaps because i play in spanish, but the next time i reset the psp i will set it on English and follow step by step your directions. Can you check my post and help me with it?--->http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...eed-some-ideas!

19. Thanks!

Keep Moving Forward ConverseFox's Avatar
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 541
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    cory_7101995
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the feedback Bio!

Maybe you didn't notice, but more than half of that list hasn't been released yet, and half of those
    don't even have a set release date.. Furthermore, a lot of those games listed are those cheap app store-esque titles. I'm sorry, but I need a much more convincing argument than a games list to make me want a Vita.
    That is why the phone I got is the Xperia Play. I can run emulators on it. :3

KEEP
    CALM

AND
    ALLONS-
    Y!

21. Thanks!

PSN
    WoodburyRaider
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cory_7101995 View Post
    That is why the phone I got is the Xperia Play. I can run emulators on it. :3
    It sounds like a great investment, but let's not both get hypocritical and get a level thread off topic. The children are watching. ;]
    Last edited by WoodburyRaider; 07-15-2012 at 06:23 AM.

23. Thanks!

PSN
    nysudyrgh
    Blog Entries

Whoa! Is this an ever awesome minigame.
    I agree with Bio about the difficulty and the speed though. I could play this game for hours and hours and just killed myself after a while.
    Now I have no idea how much changes you can make without crashing the level but if you can speed it up a bit and give it more difficulty then you will get a heart on top of the five stars I gave you now. A great job pushing the boundaries of PSP WB!
    Gee, alot of great levels have been released lately. I better get back to create mode aswell. :3

Levels PSP:

Levels PSVITA:

25. Thanks!

PSN
    WoodburyRaider
    Blog Entries

Whoa! Is this an ever awesome minigame.
    I agree with Bio about the difficulty and the speed though. I could play this game for hours and hours and just killed myself after a while.
    Now I have no idea how much changes you can make without crashing the level but if you can speed it up a bit and give it more difficulty then you will get a heart on top of the five stars I gave you now. A great job pushing the boundaries of PSP WB!
    Gee, alot of great levels have been released lately. I better get back to create mode aswell. :3
    Thanks for the feedback Nys! While I agree that the level speed is a bit slow, I think it is too late to republish the level now. I might make a second version of the level with new cars and a more refined difficulty system so that it doesn't break in create mode like this one does. In order to do that I would have to start from scratch, but from the positive feedback I've received it looks like it might be worth it.

PSN
    nysudyrgh
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the feedback Nys! While I agree that the level speed is a bit slow, I think it is too late to republish the level now. I might make a second version of the level with new cars and a more refined difficulty system so that it doesn't break in create mode like this one does. In order to do that I would have to start from scratch, but from the positive feedback I've received it looks like it might be worth it.
    If you can tweak that difficulty system in then you'll have one of LBP PSP's finest minigames.
    So yes, It's sure worth it.

Levels PSP:

Levels PSVITA:

28. Thanks!

Itzchillyhere

I played this after Nys was like: Play dis NAO, it's the best minigame evar!!!1
    And he was right! This is a very good minigame. The speed is perfect for me but the controls are a bit derpy.
    But that's probably just me.
    5 's and !

30. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast