BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

O_o Yeah, you need to watch the other movies. I recommend it in the order it came out in:

Iron Man
    Incredible Hulk
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    Captain America
    Avengers

Even for someone like me who isn't a comic fan, it's pure geek fantasy

This statement is true.

I just haven't had the effort (or the money) to get to watching those, since I don't watch much of television/go to the movies often. I almost caught Iron Man 2 on TV but I completely forgot about it and missed it! Was a bit miffed at that, but ah well.

I know they'll probably be good movies, but I'm also not a big comic fan, I pretty much only deal with Spidey related stuff, which is why he's my favorite, the rest of Marvel just falls under the category of "Made by the same people as Spiderman" which is why I enjoy those as well. Other than Spidey, Deadpool comes in at a close second with Hulk and Iron Man coming in third and fourth respectively.
    Now Open For Commissions!

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 564
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    FreeAim
    Blog Entries

Blasting this out of nowhere, since this is an acceptable enough topic to post this on, Captain America is my favourite avenger, though everybody disagrees with me. One thing people might find weird is that I'm no even an american.

Also, there's a new Iron Man 3 trailer. Let me see if I can find a link...

Edit:

Last edited by FreeAim; 03-05-2013 at 08:19 PM.

4. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FreeAim View Post
    Blasting this out of nowhere, since this is an acceptable enough topic to post this on, Captain America is my favourite avenger, though everybody disagrees with me. One thing people might find weird is that I'm no even an american.

Also, there's a new Iron Man 3 trailer. Let me see if I can find a link...
    Too late, already posted But yeah, go ahead and actually embed it, lol I'll let you do that... THEN THANK YOU

Also, Captain America is, surprisingly, my favorite too. And I'm not a super-American, so it's kind of surprising.

I think it's because they just made him out to be a good guy out to stop bullies, and didn't have him go all "AMERICA! **** YEAH!"

This statement is true.

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 564
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    FreeAim
    Blog Entries

Silly me, well, there it is. Enjoy.

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 795
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    PSN
    SnipySev
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RockSauron View Post
    Also, Captain America is, surprisingly, my favorite too. And I'm not a super-American, so it's kind of surprising.

I think it's because they just made him out to be a good guy out to stop bullies, and didn't have him go all "AMERICA! **** YEAH!"
    I also ended up liking both the character and the movie a lot more than I thought I would.

He's patriotic, but not in a douchey way. And the movie depicts the initial concept of Captain America as being just a piece of propaganda (which is exactly what his first comics were) but the movie itself isn't propaganda in the slightest. The doctor who gives Cap his powers is german, his love interest is British and his squad is a ragtag bunch of POV's of various nationalities.

Actually, Cap was a pretty decent guy in the main series of comics as well. He once berated some soldiers who were joking about the french always surrendering, and told them about the courage of the french people he witnessed during the war. It's a huge contrast to Ultimate Captain America.

8. Thanks!

Indeed so. Most indeedly!

Anyway, Iron Man 3 is out... in the UK. In America in one week.

And the trailer for Thor 2

This statement is true.

10. Thanks!

7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    PSN
    SnipySev
    Blog Entries

I'm happy they're giving Loki a relevant role. I think he was the most interesting part of the first Thor, and a great villain throughout The Avengers. Tom Hiddleston is an amazing actor.

Quote Originally Posted by SnipySev View Post
    I'm happy they're giving Loki a relevant role. I think he was the most interesting part of the first Thor, and a great villain throughout The Avengers. Tom Hiddleston is an amazing actor.
    Agreed. Also, what I think made the first Thor movie a bit Meh was that Thor didn't travel across a bunch of realms and stuff (like in the comics). I'm just glad that at least he travels to other realms and stuff. And hopefully, there will be very few scenes on Earth.

Need help with any costumes? Send me a comment on my profile!

http://lbp.me/u/amoney1999
    http://vita.lbp.me/u/amoney1999
    https://karting.lbp.me/me

PSN
    SnipySev
    Blog Entries

I think the MCU movies could have been a lot better individually if they didn't have to set up the premise of The Avengers so much.

You can see the difference with both Iron Man movies. The first one did its own thing, and it was excellent. But SHIELD and the Avengers Initiative was a huge subplot in Iron Man 2. As a result the movie felt less focused.

Same with Thor. Between Loki scheming, SHIELD meddling with stuff as usual and Thor trying to pull himself together, there wasn't as much cohesion as I'd liked.

But if the end result is The Avengers, it's well worth the investment. It's not as deep and human as the Dark Knight trilogy, but in terms of pure entertainment I don't think anything comes close.

14. Thanks!

So, in recent news Wheedon teased at plans to introduce two members to the Avengers roster for the sequel and that the characters are going to be twins with the popular theory being the characters in question are going to be Avengers staples Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

Given their ties to the X-Men franchise there is the question of character rights, though I imagine it could be addressed by just not mentioning their parentage at all. Although I am wondering whether it would be a good idea to introduce significant figures into a plot that had no previous cinematic screentime like the majority of the characters from the first Avengers movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapiek Absaroka View Post
    So, in recent news Wheedon teased at plans to introduce two members to the Avengers roster for the sequel and that the characters are going to be twins with the popular theory being the characters in question are going to be Avengers staples Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

Given their ties to the X-Men franchise there is the question of character rights, though I imagine it could be addressed by just not mentioning their parentage at all. Although I am wondering whether it would be a good idea to introduce significant figures into a plot that had no previous cinematic screentime like the majority of the characters from the first Avengers movie.
    That would be awesome, but it might not happen because Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are too common with X-Men.

So, an update; Whedon confirmed that he did indeed plan to have Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the Avengers sequel and Quicksilver at least will be making a cinematic debut but not in Avengers 2.

The title of the Avengers sequel has been revealed as Avengers: Age of Ultron.

FYI, Ultron is the evil robot who was created by longtime Avenger Hank Pym (a.k.a. Ant-Man, Giant-Man and a bunch of other aliases) and is considered by many to be the team's greatest enemy in the comics and will presumably be the main villain for obvious reasons. The "electric boogaloo" title is also based off a rather poorly received recent Marvel event, although Wheedon also states the actual plot of the movie will be original. This all begs the questions, if Ultron is featured then does it not follow an introduction by Hank Pym who has yet to appear in the cinematic universe? And if Hank Pym isn't featured, who creates it?

19. Thanks!

Yeah, I am a bit surprised. Though we did get confirmation Thanos is in Guardians of the Galaxy.

This statement is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapiek Absaroka View Post
    And if Hank Pym isn't featured, who creates it?
    Tony Stark.

I quite like the fact thanos won't be in the next film, it makes it feel like there's a tad more build up to the phase 3 movie scince we'll have had several years to tremble in fear of him by the time the fight actually goes down. I am getting a bit worried that there are so many characters starting to turn up mind, i can see this getting really confusing to follow as a series and the movie could end up spending too little time on each character.
    Isn't it Ironic how points are the most pointless part of LBP?

Yeah, I was hoping they'd build him up.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/...-ultron-origin

Ultron not made by Antman in the new thing, I'm imagining he's either made by Tony Stark or Thanos and is the next attempt on Thanos's part to invade Earth (he did that in Avengers 1 via Loki)

This statement is true.

I doubt that Thanos would make Ultron, since Ultron was originally good, but turned on his master (Hank Pym) to rule the world. Maybe Tony Stark makes him as a prototype, but then it gets a mind of it's own?

PSN
    SnipySev
    Blog Entries

Stark's character arc seems to be concluded. He found his identity, learned how to be a team player, became more selfless, overcame his fears and insecurities... I doubt they'll resort to him for more character development.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast