BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SnipySev View Post
    Stark's character arc seems to be concluded. He found his identity, learned how to be a team player, became more selfless, overcame his fears and insecurities... I doubt they'll resort to him for more character development.
    Makes sense. However, this is a comic book movie, and if there's one think I've learned from comics, its that finality has no place. They're not interested in telling a complete story; mark my word, they'll find a way to expand his arc until its so bloated it won't make sense any more.

Just the way DC/ Marvel comics are.

This statement is true.

RDJ is one of the best things they've got going right now of course they're going to shove Tony into the middle of the plot any way they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid-Coot View Post
    RDJ is one of the best things they've got going right now of course they're going to shove Tony into the middle of the plot any way they can.
    They've already confirmed RDJ is coming back for Avengers 2 and 3.

But you can bet that when they can't get him any more, whether it be for money or him being too old, they'll just replace him.

they've said exactly that.

So yeah, his plot arc isn't finished. They'll find a way to extend it, don't you worry.

This statement is true.

Personally not too fond of the idea of Tony Stark making Ultron; he'd be the obvious choice in a setting minus Pym, but it would feel like a huge fail for the character after the events of Iron Man 3. It would be like "Suit or no, I'm still Iron Man and I'm still great! Now stand aside while I create a mass-murdering genocidal robot!" It might also make any sort of levity that RDJ is known for injecting into the role seem really out of place.

While it doesn't seem to fit quite as well, I'd prefer if Thanos made Ultron, since it would make more sense for someone who is obsessed with Death like Thanos is to create something that wants to exterminate all organic life like Ultron typically does. And as stated already, it would contribute to building up to Thanos taking center stage later down the line.

well I 'recon we'll see iron mans arc continue at least up until the point where marvel has put the 'civil war' story line on screen, even if it doesn't seem to make sense. it' probably also a point to make that characters don't always have only one story arc during their time on screen, this is more like an extended tv series than a movie franchise so I s'pose each 'wave' will see the characters given fresh issues to deal with.
    and stark making ultron would make sense, or some random villain or corporation using starks jarvis technology. I don't really care to much about the villains origin story to be honest, we've seen those in every super hero film ever.
    Isn't it Ironic how points are the most pointless part of LBP?

I heard there was something of an Iron Man helmet being hammered into Ultron's head?

If so, I bet that Ultron was either made by Tony or by someone who stole his technology.

This statement is true.

I actually have a better idea of how Ultron was made: What if he wasn't made by Stark or Thanos, but by S.H.I.E.L.D? What if some of the engineers made a robot prototype, but it gets a mind of it's own, hacks every system on the Helicarrier, and attempt to make a robot army?

Need help with any costumes? Send me a comment on my profile!

http://lbp.me/u/amoney1999
    http://vita.lbp.me/u/amoney1999
    https://karting.lbp.me/me

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 564
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    FreeAim
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amoney1999 View Post
    I actually have a better idea of how Ultron was made: What if he wasn't made by Stark or Thanos, but by S.H.I.E.L.D? What if some of the engineers made a robot prototype, but it gets a mind of it's own, hacks every system on the Helicarrier, and attempt to make a robot army?
    Or what if Tony made it so he doesn't have to be Iron Man himself anymore? That's what happened in the comics and it would make sense since he already has the technology to make the suits self-operative and since he, well, destroyed all of his suits (though some say not all of them). Then again, these movies do stand on their own and apart from the story in the comics quite well, as proven by... every movie in the cinematic universe so far.

Anyway, it's official that Karen Gillan will play the villain in the Guardians of the Galaxy. She's a great actress for that role in my opinion, since she can be villainous and have the tough-chick-thing without being too... Well, too Ghostbusters.
    Last edited by FreeAim; 07-24-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Well, I could see that in one part of the movie Ultron hacks into Tony's suit while he's using it, and attacks the other Avengers, making them have to stop the hacked suit without killing Tony. I've seen it happen in some of the cartoons, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's used again.

So, probable theories have been confirmed. Ultron will be made by Tony Stark, and I quote "unintentionally." Additionally, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are on board.

I know it's not technically the same universe but I'd like to point out that "The Wolverine" is brilliant.
    Back on topic:
    I'm looking forward to Thor 2, anyone else?

LBP2 Levels
    /-/ Mm Pick! >>>Valley Folds<<< Mm Pick! /-/
    /-/ Spyro the Dragon - Castle Heights /-/

LBPVita Levels
    /-/ Space Blade /-/
    /-/ A Vita Christmas Countdown (Project) /-/

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_1993 View Post
    I know it's not technically the same universe but I'd like to point out that "The Wolverine" is brilliant.
    Back on topic:
    I'm looking forward to Thor 2, anyone else?
    NO. NO ONE.

... /raises hand

anyway, makes sense about Tony making Ultron. Wonder if it'll tie into Iron Man 3 heavily.

This statement is true.

I can only hope the next Thor movie has a greater sense of identity than the first. While I don't think it was a bad movie per se, I do feel as though it really didn't know what sort of movie it wanted to be (A hero's journey? A lighthearted adventure story? An epic of mythic proportions? A CGI-drenched showcase?), which largely held back its potential. I also didn't really care about the Thor/Jane romantic subplot, like at all.

And speaking of Thor, since Ultron is up to bat I can only hope, nay, I demand Whedon to do a cinematic representation of this famous Avengers moment in the sequel:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Agents of Shield airs in about four hours (in America). So, anyone going to watch it?

This statement is true.

Yeah, I'm gonna give it a chance. Of course given the amount of tv I currently watch, chances are even if its good, I won't see the entire season through.

I saw the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D last night, and I thought it was a really good show. It definitely has potential.

Yeah I liked it too

Yeah, it was a pretty good opening. Better than a lot of shows. I did have the sudden urge to watch Iron Man 3 though.

Spoiler Spoiler - Some Thoughts

So, saw the pilot as well and as with many I do think it has potential. My only complaint is Skye and what's-his-name whom are obviously being set up as a couple. What's-his-name doesn't really make any sort of impression on me (as you might have guessed) and Skye's personality is just a bit too much and I don't feel like Chloe Bennett (the actress who plays her) is quite selling a lot of the lines. This is actually kind of strange, because I've seen Bennett before on Nashville, where she had a bit part but played another chipper character and I found she did that role really well (quite frankly, she's was the most normal and likable female on the show). I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt and consider it just may be the script...

Spoiler Spoiler - On Coulson

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 564
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    FreeAim
    Blog Entries

Spoiler Spoiler - Coulson who?
    Last edited by FreeAim; 10-01-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast