BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sackenstein

I Am A Mad Scientist... unc92sax's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 522
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    100 Experience Points Created Blog entry 250 Experience Points Your First Group 7 days registered
    PSN
    unc92sax
    Blog Entries

Default Sackenstein

Sackenstein
    On a creapy night... Long ago... A dead man was brought to life...
    This is the story of a Doctor who brought a man to life, then ended up changing his.

In this level, you help Dr. Sackenstein raise a man from the dead. This level can be played by up to 2 players. To understand the story and what to do, you MUST read the text bubbles. This is a very long platforming level. If you like platforming, this is for you. If you don't like long levels, this isn't for you. I hope you guys enjoy this level.

I will be updating this sometimes, so leave feedback on what should be updated.

http://vita.lbp.me/v/gvn1
    Last edited by unc92sax; 10-04-2012 at 06:18 PM.

SPOTLIGHTED/PICKED:
    A Bunch of Spotlight Nods (PSP), Winter Wonderland (Spotlighted VITA)
    Newest Level:

I MAKE MUSIC:
    http://soundcloud.com/tomisthebom

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew fireblitz95's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    fireblitz95
    Blog Entries

Queued and ready to play! I'll tell you what I think once I play it.
    Last edited by fireblitz95; 10-04-2012 at 07:44 PM.

"Stay positive, have fun, and enjoy yourself.
    Together, as a community, we will reach our goals."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also follow me on Twitter, @fireblitz95

3. Thanks!

100 Experience Points Created Blog entry 250 Experience Points Your First Group 7 days registered
    PSN
    unc92sax
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fireblitz95 View Post
    Queued and ready to play! I'll tell you what I think once I play it.
    Thanks. I hope you like it!

SPOTLIGHTED/PICKED:
    Newest Level:

I MAKE MUSIC:

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew yugnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 676
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    yugnar
    Blog Entries

Queued! Looks pretty promising!

6. Thanks!

PSN
    unc92sax
    Blog Entries

I hope you enjoy it, yugnar.

SPOTLIGHTED/PICKED:
    Newest Level:

I MAKE MUSIC:

Here's your F4F:
    The story is good, but seems a bit rushed in places. It may have been better spread through several levels.
    I'm not usually a fan of dark levels. Like, literally dark. But you have enough light to show what is needed to be seen. Only place I'd add some light are the crushers in the house. Didn't see those.
    The only other time I got caught out and died was when the camera didn't trigger in time to show the danger. Try making the detection range a bit bigger. People hate cheap deaths.
    Other than that, the gameplay was good and there was some nice use of the touch features. Gave this a Happy face.

LBP2 Levels
    /-/ Mm Pick! >>>Valley Folds<<< Mm Pick! /-/
    /-/ Spyro the Dragon - Castle Heights /-/

LBPVita Levels
    /-/ Space Blade /-/
    /-/ A Vita Christmas Countdown (Project) /-/

9. Thanks!

PSN
    unc92sax
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_1993 View Post
    Here's your F4F:
    The story is good, but seems a bit rushed in places. It may have been better spread through several levels.
    I'm not usually a fan of dark levels. Like, literally dark. But you have enough light to show what is needed to be seen. Only place I'd add some light are the crushers in the house. Didn't see those.
    The only other time I got caught out and died was when the camera didn't trigger in time to show the danger. Try making the detection range a bit bigger. People hate cheap deaths.
    Other than that, the gameplay was good and there was some nice use of the touch features. Gave this a Happy face.
    Thanks for the review! I'll take those things to heart and make an update.

SPOTLIGHTED/PICKED:
    Newest Level:

I MAKE MUSIC:

I've played it too now, the level was very good, but as Jedi said, it did seem a little rushed in places. It frustrated me that I had to jump to get into those logs, otherwise sackboy's default was to change layer to get around them, and that boss that spat out the plasma bullets seemed a little erratic in places. also, the final boss, the sackinator, just killed me over and over the first 3 times i spawned, perhaps having him start further away would give you a chance to fight him fairly (also, that van at the end takes far too long to destroy. if you wanted to make sure it didn't blow up before the sackbot, put an AND gate with the destroyed, and attatch it to the impact sensor and a tag sensor leading to the destroyer, then put the tag on the sackbots circuit board.)

That being said, much of this level was fantastic with regards to presentation and atmosphere. I really enjoyed playing it despite those few minor things said above good job!
    Frosty Greenacre,

Builder, Creator, Player, Completionist.

www.enlightenedware.com

12. Thanks!

PSN
    unc92sax
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the review. I'll try to make a few minor updates to fix that.

EDIT: I have improved the final boss and the visuals in the rushed sections. Thanks for all the advice.
    Last edited by unc92sax; 10-05-2012 at 07:51 PM.

SPOTLIGHTED/PICKED:
    Newest Level:

I MAKE MUSIC:

First of all,I wouldent say it was very long at least not enough to be called long \:
    The story does seem to start and finish pretty quickly,Also in the finale boss you may wanna add some sort of an instruction to use the touch screen to control the creationator as i didn't get it and i died a couple of times.But maybe i was just dumb,Also it would be lovely if you would make a teleportation device or something instead of having to kill the player...And maybe you should remove the prizes at the score board and make them optional instead, by putting them next to the end or something without the need of having to get them to finish the level...The level was great i gave it a
    Last edited by ythyth; 10-06-2012 at 05:18 PM.

15. Thanks!

I played this level the other day, and it was THE BEST FREAKIN LEVEL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need help with any costumes? Send me a comment on my profile!

http://lbp.me/u/amoney1999
    http://vita.lbp.me/u/amoney1999
    https://karting.lbp.me/me

17. Thanks!

PSN
    unc92sax
    Blog Entries

Thanks both of you for playing my level. I am very glad that you enjoyed it a lot.

SPOTLIGHTED/PICKED:
    Newest Level:

I MAKE MUSIC:

Your welcome!!!!!!!!!! It was just so anjsbndjhwsdbfhjsfd'ing awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need help with any costumes? Send me a comment on my profile!

http://lbp.me/u/amoney1999
    http://vita.lbp.me/u/amoney1999
    https://karting.lbp.me/me

Thanks for playing my Space Corps level - here's your F4F.

This is a fun level with a classic LBP feel to it. The very best thing about the level is the spooky, dark atmosphere and excellent decorating. It starts out looking great and continues throughout the entire level. Your choice of music is perfect as well, and it was nice to see you include touch elements in the gameplay - I especially liked the touch based lights you needed to move around, and I wish there was more of that. The story is maybe a little predictable but it's a complete experience and I found it entertaining. The two boss fights were well spaced out but a little bit simple. Overall the logic and flow of the speech bubbles worked perfectly - I did not find any glitches or anything else out of place.

I mentioned earlier that this level seems "classic", and by that I mean that a lot of the gameplay elements seemed straight out of LBP PSP. Of course, this level is a remake of your PSP level so hey, what else would I expect? For example, there's one part where you trigger a magic mouth and the camera sweeps WAY over to another part of the level (I think it's where you have to backtrack and collect the evidence). It seemed out of place to me and would have been better done with a movie camera. There are a LOT of new tools to learn in LBPV though so it's not like you can learn them all in a day. My only other gripe is that the final boss fight was really short.. I spawned with the creatinator on my head, touched the screen once, and it was over - I'm not even sure what I did. It's nice that I'm friends with Sackenstein now though, so that made me happy.

Overall I give you a solid 7/10 on the level, plus a yay! in game. Thanks for the level, it was a lot of fun!

Pocket Moon Podcast: PAX Prime 2013 Special Episode on
    Soundcloud : iTunes : Direct Download : RSS Feed
    Follow me on Twitter @tross13

Xenomooch and Space Corps: ReVITAlized, now playing on a Vita near you.

My PSP Levels
    The Space Corps Series -- The Star Bores Saga -- The Interwebs

PSN
    unc92sax
    Blog Entries

Nice review, Taffey! I'm glad you liked it so much. I really do enjoy "classics", because I am just used to the PSP feel. But I am getting used to the logic, and I may even make a movie. Who knows? Just in the idea stage at the moment. Anyways, I just love good ol' classic platformers. And the best ones, for me, always have a good story to go with it.

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew LBPC Spotlight Crew WESFUN's Avatar
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 704
    Your First Group 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    WESFUN
    Blog Entries

tis level is going to be great just in time for Halloween as well sounds like a great story. qued

I HAS COOKIES!!!

23. Thanks!

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew fireblitz95's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 51
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    fireblitz95
    Blog Entries

Sorry, I just now remembered to look at my queue, and let me tell you, boy was I missing out those two days I didn't play this! While the design itself could've used a bit more work you did a great job capturing the atmosphere of a creepy and spooky level. Major props to you for this level, you did a great job for a first LBPV level.
    (More than I could've done at the moment... I haven't even finished the tutorials yet.)

"Stay positive, have fun, and enjoy yourself.
    Together, as a community, we will reach our goals."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also follow me on Twitter, @fireblitz95

25. Thanks!

PSN
    unc92sax
    Blog Entries

This level wasn't really meant to be made around Halloween. I guess it was a coincidence. SPOOKY.

I am glad you liked it, fireblitz.

SPOTLIGHTED/PICKED:
    Newest Level:

I MAKE MUSIC:

27. Thanks!

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 366
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    nysudyrgh
    Blog Entries

Derp, still have to play this.
    Will leave feedbawx soon!

Levels PSP:
    Steam *Spotlighted**Highest Rated Page 6*|The Tree Of Life *Spotlight Nod*|Russian Rocks *Spotlighted*|The Gravity Caves *Spotlighted*

Levels PSVITA:
    Nys Labs OmniCircle Battle|[VCC] Nys Labs Christmas Edition|[PLCC5] The Sketchlands *Spotlighted*|Tumblewood Cliffs (Coming Late)|BOMBS AWAY!(Coming Soon)

29. Thanks!

PSN
    unc92sax
    Blog Entries

Looking foward to your feedback, Nys!

SPOTLIGHTED/PICKED:
    Newest Level:

I MAKE MUSIC:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast