BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

Default Neverynall & NinjaMicWZ Present: SEMINAL GEMINI (2x level w/ PICS)

Nev gave me the go ahead to publish this. It's the result of two extremely creative minds, and we've each put in well over 80 hours apiece on this masterpiece of coop-creation and coop-gameplay.

This level REQUIRES 2 players and can also use 4 (or a 3rd wheel lol), but the main innovation here is the flying paintinator technique that Nev came up with. One player flies with the jetpack, the other shoots with the paintinator.

I designed the enemies, turrets and bosses, and nev gave me the specifications for some of them. He designed came up with the paintinator idea, designed the whole layout of the level and the plot. We both had a hand in the dialogue, and I went through and did the final touches with stickers, sounds, and decoration and fine tuning camera work and playtesting bugs. There may yet still be problems, but we'll see.

There are some really inventive 2 player puzzles and constant action segments thanks to Nev's amazing design, and the final boss I made is quite a complex piece of machinery...

You have no idea how difficult it was for us to accomplish this feat since we couldn't see what the other was doing and bugs in object captures made it so we couldn't send each other working items. We had to publish as copy and locked, make key levels, send back all the new stuff, playtest every little detail and repeat endlessly. At one point the thermometer was so maxed that the paintinator wouldn't even fire paintballs anymore.

In my opinion, this is both of our finest work yet and I could never have done it by myself. Grab one of your buddies and have fun, because you have never seen a level like this before. It will be hard for us to capture a great heart ratio with the 2 player requirement, but it was still worth it.

It's currently under my PSN btw... hopefully we can find a way to get a mutual account.
    Last edited by NinjaMicWZ; 01-21-2009 at 10:05 AM.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    moleynator
    Blog Entries

Sounds great, I will check it out next time someone is on with me.

This sounds like a lot of fun.

I played this earlier with Voltiare and I have to say I was really blown away. This is one of the top 10 levels I have played in LBP! Here are some more thoughts:

I really have to begin with the whole jetpack/paintinator mechanic. YOU GUYS ARE GENIUSES! Seriously man, this was one of the most incredible, innovative and enjoyable gameplay elements that I have ever experienced in LBP. Everyone who plays this should be saying "****, I wish I had thought of that" and if they aren't saying that then the only person they are fooling is themselves. The release of the paintinator changed the way the game can be played. You guys took it to a whole new level and proved that the options available to creators in LBP are limitless. I applaud both of you, this is truly inspiring stuff.

With the release of the MGS pack the world of LBP has been flooded with VR levels. The great thing about your level is that although you use the VR materials, your lighting and some very cool imbedding make it look completely original and fresh. I particularly liked the imbedding and I have to be honest that at one point of was thinking of doing a similar zig-zag pattern on 218 (great minds think alike lol). It was beautiful and really added a visual punch.

There are so many new and original ideas going on in this level that it is mind boggling. I could write an essay on all the crazy things you guys do here but I will focus on what impressed me most of all: the turret. One player on the bottom, one on top, work together to aim the turret and destroy the barriers. Guys, I was literally laughing the whole time we were playing through this section, it was so good that I could not help myself. Voltiare was on the bottom shooting the switch handle (that`s right everyone SHOOTING A 2 WAY SWITCH HANDLE, NOT A PAINTINATOR SWITCH) and I was firing the turret on top, laughing out loud the whole time. This single gameply element will be really hard to top as far as I am concerned. This is Mt. Everest and good luck to anyone wanting to conquer it's magnificence.

The collapsing bridge was bananas. Not the first time I have seen a collapsing bridge but I can tell you this was the best collapsing bridge I have ever seen in LBP.

Two boss battles that have a pretty complex construction. It was almost as if you were trying to embarass everyone else when you set out to do this level lol. WE ARE NOT WORTHY!

I love the story driving everything forward and the use of the codec. It was just the icing on the cake for me.

Suggestions
    :

- There are a few visible prox switches

- We had some trouble with the final boss. We hit all the weak points but he just didn't want to give up the ghost lol. Please look into this ASAP.

This level is a masterpiece in every sense of the word. Needless to say, 5 stars and hearted! Those 80 hours each were well worth it guys and my onluy hope is that the level gets the exposure and recognition it deserves. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Last edited by OCK; 01-17-2009 at 03:41 AM.
    I use Feedback4Feedback

Published Levels: Pulse - 218 - The Legion - Out of Africa

New Release: The Rose Garden

5. Thanks!

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

Thanks, OCK. I actualled fixed a couple things and republished while you guys were playing. I saw that you were in it, like "man, I wish they'd restart real quick" lol

I know the boss dies, I've done it twice with people and have checked it a bunch of times now. There's a glitch with hit detection on spinning objects, so even though the blue wheels only have 1 hit point, they take alot of hits to catch at just the right time. Destroy the blue things, then destroy the center.

The magic mouth on the boss was missing to say to leave, basically. You head back up and out and voila... mission accomplished.

I added a thing to the two-man turret to make shooting the switch alot easier - Neverynnal designed that part, and when I was looking at it, I thought - why would there be a switch just sitting on the ground right here and it seemed so boring for the bottom player to just pull it while the other one gets all the fun. I tested to see if I could shoot the switch and sure enough I could. Slapped it on the ceiling and I was like "man... that's cool." Neither of us were sure it was a good idea, if people would understand it or not, so you put my mind at ease. Thanks alot.

Also, all credit due to Nev for his two-man jetpack/paintinator concept. He approached me with it, but it was all his idea. I DO have a one-man flying paintgun equipped ship ****ting on my moon right now though, if anyone's curious.
    Last edited by NinjaMicWZ; 01-17-2009 at 04:27 AM.

Yeah, I have to say that flying Paintinator is hardcore action. If you thought a paintinator was awesome, wait until you are dangling two inches apart of a moving electric boss with your life in somebody else's hands. If OCK goes, I go. It really feels more like a co-op level more than any other level I have ever played since your survival depends on one another 100%.

I think I forgot to heart it, but I will return to do so. It really is a fantastic idea and it is executed very, very well. Oh yeah, and it will be spotlighted. Guaranteed.
    Past Projects: Temple of Sun and Moon, H.A.T.E., H.A.T.E._2
    Current Project: None
    Backburner: Project Shipwreck (Working Title)

8. Thanks!

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

Man... we got this out there just in time... I went to a friend's game just now and he was on his moon making a terrible version of the same thing. Either we beat the clock, or it's already being copied.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. If some other level uses this and gets more plays and hearts I will be MAD!

Dude, why is nobody posting here? If you are reading this, grab a friend and GO PLAY IT. It is fuuuuuun.
    Past Projects: Temple of Sun and Moon, H.A.T.E., H.A.T.E._2
    Current Project: None
    Backburner: Project Shipwreck (Working Title)

11. Thanks!

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Neverynnal

Quote Originally Posted by OCK View Post
    I played this earlier with Voltiare and I have to say I was really blown away. This is one of the top 10 levels I have played in LBP! Here are some more thoughts:

I really have to begin with the whole jetpack/paintinator mechanic. YOU GUYS ARE GENIUSES! Seriously man, this was one of the most incredible, innovative and enjoyable gameplay elements that I have ever experienced in LBP. Everyone who plays this should be saying "****, I wish I had thought of that" and if they aren't saying that then the only person they are fooling is themselves. The release of the paintinator changed the way the game can be played. You guys took it to a whole new level and proved that the options available to creators in LBP are limitless. I applaud both of you, this is truly inspiring stuff.
    Man you really know how to make someone feel good OCK Thanks so, so much for this. I actually thought of the concept when I was looking over a thread on LBPC and people were upset because you couldn't fly and shoot at the same time and it was a huge oversight on their part. Immediately I went to Ninja with the concept, since we share quite similar tastes in levels and creating, and he took it better than I anticipated and proceeded to go on a 48 hr LBP bender. hahaha

With the release of the MGS pack the world of LBP has been flooded with VR levels. The great thing about your level is that although you use the VR materials, your lighting and some very cool imbedding make it look completely original and fresh. I particularly liked the imbedding and I have to be honest that at one point of was thinking of doing a similar zig-zag pattern on 218 (great minds think alike lol). It was beautiful and really added a visual punch.
    It's true they do think alike Yeah it was a bit of a feat to try and make the level look fresh and original. You can thank Ninja for coming up with the perfect material set and myself for integrating them. However the aesthetics in the level are a combined effort. I built the level itself and Ninja cleaned it up and did all the dirty work Love this guy hahaha

There are so many new and original ideas going on in this level that it is mind boggling. I could write an essay on all the crazy things you guys do here but I will focus on what impressed me most of all: the turret. One player on the bottom, one on top, work together to aim the turret and destroy the barriers. Guys, I was literally laughing the whole time we were playing through this section, it was so good that I could not help myself. Voltiare was on the bottom shooting the switch handle (that`s right everyone SHOOTING A 2 WAY SWITCH HANDLE, NOT A PAINTINATOR SWITCH) and I was firing the turret on top, laughing out loud the whole time. This single gameply element will be really hard to top as far as I am concerned. This is Mt. Everest and good luck to anyone wanting to conquer it's magnificence.
    Haha, as Ninja mentioned I was worried that people simply weren't going to "get" it. That turret part I mean. But you've put both of our minds at ease OCK. Thankyou

Two boss battles that have a pretty complex construction. It was almost as if you were trying to embarass everyone else when you set out to do this level lol. WE ARE NOT WORTHY!
    Yeah I was completely blown away the first time Ninja showed me the last boss...I still don't understand how he did it...

This level is a masterpiece in every sense of the word. Needless to say, 5 stars and hearted! Those 80 hours each were well worth it guys and my onluy hope is that the level gets the exposure and recognition it deserves. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thanks so, so much for the kind words. While we don't anticipate the level getting a ton of recognition because of the 2 player aspect and the lamebrainness of the majority of the LBP community, we wanted to blow a few people out of the water! That we succeeded in this with both you and Voltiare makes me so happy, and all the work put in is officially worth it. You're both extremely accomplished creators yourselves, so your kind words really go a long way Thanks for playing our level
    Levels: I Take part in the F4F system!
    SEMINAL GEMINI Thread
    Good or Evil?: A Knight's Tale Thread
    A Knight's Tale (Part 2A): Ranaku's Awakening Thread

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neverynnal View Post
    Man you really know how to make someone feel good OCK Thanks so, so much for this. I actually thought of the concept when I was looking over a thread on LBPC and people were upset because you couldn't fly and shoot at the same time and it was a huge oversight on their part. Immediately I went to Ninja with the concept, since we share quite similar tastes in levels and creating, and he took it better than I anticipated and proceeded to go on a 48 hr LBP bender. hahaha
    I saw that thread too, come to think of it... where aer0blue or someone said, "maybe you can't fly out of the water with the 9mm in hand, but so what?" or something to that effect, right? That was the thread that gave me the idea to make the automatic paintball rifle out of my Metal Slug trick coincidentally.

lol @ bender... yeah, I went off that first two days. Banged out 3 bosses and 3 turret designs... never got to use the locust boss but he will make his debut eventually

It's true they do think alike Yeah it was a bit of a feat to try and make the level look fresh and original. You can thank Ninja for coming up with the perfect material set and myself for integrating them. However the aesthetics in the level are a combined effort. I built the level itself and Ninja cleaned it up and did all the dirty work Love this guy hahaha
    When I saw the look you came up with, with the bloodlines, the color correction, and the lighting - it was wayyyy better than I had pictured it, even with the material set in mind.

Yeah I was completely blown away the first time Ninja showed me the last boss...I still don't understand how he did it...
    Niether do I anymore heh The funny thing is that every single switch arrangement is contained within the boss' sphere except for the one that controls the speed setting for the interior lights. I think it gave me a stroke D:

Thanks so, so much for the kind words. While we don't anticipate the level getting a ton of recognition because of the 2 player aspect and the lamebrainness of the majority of the LBP community, we wanted to blow a few people out of the water! That we succeeded in this with both you and Voltiare makes me so happy, and all the work put in is officially worth it. You're both extremely accomplished creators yourselves, so your kind words really go a long way Thanks for playing our level
    I think it might just take awhile to catch on... I hope at least. I agree though... getting props from two of my favorite creators is a much higher honor than ratings, hearts, and plays. If they like it, then I know it's good.

Right now it's got 8 hearts and 3 stars... if I can publish it at the right time for the highest traffic we might catch alot of teams looking at the front page some night. Either way, LBPC's our arena and our peers.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,157
    Overall activity: 0%

PSN
    CogSpartan
    Blog Entries

Gosh... that was amazing in such a way that I can't bring my self to thinking another level is better.

When I started the level, I have top say, I thought it wasn't going to be that good. It didn't look so snazzy, and I just had a felling. BUT, that feeling was completely WRONG. That level made my day. It was simply epic. EPIC.

Pretty much everything was original, and everything looked amazing. The two bosses that were supposed to be really hard, weren't really. Me and Dimo didn't lose a single life during the Eye boss. But the final boss was a bit of a doozy, and we beat the level with the warning alarm. It took us a while to beat the last boss, because it was hard, and that when we knocked off all the things on the spinning blue things, nothing really happened. But when I went to check here to see how to beat it, then returned, Dimo had magically beaten it. I don't know how he did it, but I bet it was just random shots.

Pros:
    +Detail. Was. Awesome.
    +Bosses. Were. Awesome.
    +Originalty in most of the challenges.
    +Awesome idea for a jet packer holding an 'artist'. ()
    +Pwnsome 2 player challenges.
    +Storyline FTW!
    +Lighting was awesome.
    +Custom Content FTW!

Cons
    -Last boss was a bit tricky to figure out how to defeat it.

I love this level, and will play it again and again with many of my friends, to show them this pwnsome level! Can't wait for a sequel! (Make one! )

5 stars, and hearted. Good job you two!
    My newest level: Sycophant (1Player)
    Check out my Youtube videos, and subscribe if you like them!

15. Thanks!

PSN
    Neverynnal

Quote Originally Posted by Cog View Post
    Gosh... that was amazing in such a way that I can't bring my self to thinking another level is better.

When I started the level, I have top say, I thought it wasn't going to be that good. It didn't look so snazzy, and I just had a felling. BUT, that feeling was completely WRONG. That level made my day. It was simply epic. EPIC.

Pretty much everything was original, and everything looked amazing. The two bosses that were supposed to be really hard, weren't really. Me and Dimo didn't lose a single life during the Eye boss. But the final boss was a bit of a doozy, and we beat the level with the warning alarm. It took us a while to beat the last boss, because it was hard, and that when we knocked off all the things on the spinning blue things, nothing really happened. But when I went to check here to see how to beat it, then returned, Dimo had magically beaten it. I don't know how he did it, but I bet it was just random shots.

Pros:
    +Detail. Was. Awesome.
    +Bosses. Were. Awesome.
    +Originalty in most of the challenges.
    +Awesome idea for a jet packer holding an 'artist'. ()
    +Pwnsome 2 player challenges.
    +Storyline FTW!
    +Lighting was awesome.
    +Custom Content FTW!

Cons
    -Last boss was a bit tricky to figure out how to defeat it.

I love this level, and will play it again and again with many of my friends, to show them this pwnsome level! Can't wait for a sequel! (Make one! )

5 stars, and hearted. Good job you two!
    Thankyou Cog! Yeah Eye-Gore is really nice to look at, and isn't entirely hard to beat, but that's kind of what we were looking for. We wanted to make it progressively harder as the level went on, and didn't want people to get stuck at Eye-Gore and miss Ninja's masterpiece boss. I'm surprised you didn't die once though, I still manage to kill my gunner every time I square off against Eye-Gore haha

A sequel will come, but probably not until co-op create is introduced...because making this level without it was a serious pain in the exterior. We actually wanted to end the story in this level but it simply wasn't possible because of thermo constraints. Believe it or not, Ninja had another boss that was almost game-ready that we were going to implement into the level, but the thermo is literally exploding as it is so..
    SEMINAL GEMINI Thread

The flying Paintinator? Nev, you're a genius! Gotta check this one out!
    PSN: d0UCHE3AG (the "0" is a zero)
    Published maps: 3
    Sunflower Safari
    I AM THE VOLCANO!
    http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7305
    High in the Sky

PSN
    Neverynnal

Please do And bring your best bud with you to enjoy the ride!
    SEMINAL GEMINI Thread

I hate sounding jealous, but I actually already tried doing the "flying Paintinator" thing in my VR Dodgeball level... (which, no one has looked at btw...) =\ Still, that doesn't make it any less of an awesome idea. Great minds think alike? The one thing you do pull off is that it's an actual level while mine is just a mini-game. Whatever, this thread isn't about my level.

I assume this is the level Nev took me into earlier today. I have to say, I enjoyed it greatly. The atmosphere of the level is pretty slick, and I love seeing co-op type stuff. Makes the game more fun and whatnot.

My main problem with this level is that it really only works with 2 players only. With 3 it's even worse since someone basically sits there and does nothing. With 4 players, it's not so bad, but it's hard to keep track of 4 players at once. Not really your fault, but still.

I went back through this level by myself (with another controller obviously... making it a lot more difficult for sure), so I could review it properly.

I can't say I have much to say about the intro section. The guns and such look well designed, the debris from the various guns pile up down below though. Not a huge issue, but it makes a mess. I really don't know why this bugs me. I guess I'm just use to all of the "creature" dying when killed. Oh well.

The two player race section was very clever and easily my favorite part of this level. It must be hard to pull off splitting an area into two sections and be able to see it all (stupid camera limitations and all). Very well done here.

The first boss is rather... easy. All you really have to do is stay back and keep firing until the thing falls apart. Also, it's almost no threat at all once you get rid of the guns. Those pieces that come rocketing off don't do anything but push you around. I dunno, this thing seems like it should be more dangerous.

The collapsing bridge is kind of a good idea, but it doesn't quite fit with the whole co-op theme of the level. And actually, it's easy to die and/or get left behind on that thing due to the camera. Plus, if the "leader" (whomever the camera is focused on) falls, everyone else is pretty much screwed.

The section with the little robot things is a little hazardous due to electrified pieces sometimes not going away. Plus, it's hard to tell which layer the things are on.

After this, the level shifts to a different style, and becomes much more creepy. Again, it loses the co-op feel for a while. Actually, there's an issue with that sponge you grab to go up a shaft (the one with the star on it). It goes up way too fast, and is rather hard to time getting on with 2 players (more players would be even worse).

The end of the level is rather difficult, mostly due to the lack of knowing what to do exactly. The first part of the boss also suffers from the "stay in a safe spot and keep firing" flaw. Once you're able to get inside, it's not really obvious what to do. If I'm suppose to shoot the blue things or something, I kept doing it, and one of them refused to go away. You can shoot through the small gaps to the middle core. I don't know exactly how this boss was designed to be beaten. Maybe make it a little more obvious? I don't know how, this thing already seems very complex.

Problems aside, this level is very well made. It's difficult to find a player to go with, and a little hard to work together in some sections, but overall it's a fun experience. Can't wait to see a sequel. I've liked the idea of flying with the Paintinator since I (you) thought about it, but it really shouldn't be a majority of the level, since the same thing over and over can get old pretty fast. Here's hoping you still have some cool ideas left.
    Or something like that.

Cool level, one quick bug I found:

The portal on a piston when the bridge is falling didn't move. So we just repeatedly spawned on top of a gas pit.

PSN
    Neverynnal

Quote Originally Posted by gameguy888 View Post
    I hate sounding jealous, but I actually already tried doing the "flying Paintinator" thing in my VR Dodgeball level... (which, no one has looked at btw...) =\ Still, that doesn't make it any less of an awesome idea. Great minds think alike? The one thing you do pull off is that it's an actual level while mine is just a mini-game. Whatever, this thread isn't about my level.

I assume this is the level Nev took me into earlier today. I have to say, I enjoyed it greatly. The atmosphere of the level is pretty slick, and I love seeing co-op type stuff. Makes the game more fun and whatnot.

My main problem with this level is that it really only works with 2 players only. With 3 it's even worse since someone basically sits there and does nothing. With 4 players, it's not so bad, but it's hard to keep track of 4 players at once. Not really your fault, but still.

I went back through this level by myself (with another controller obviously... making it a lot more difficult for sure), so I could review it properly.

I can't say I have much to say about the intro section. The guns and such look well designed, the debris from the various guns pile up down below though. Not a huge issue, but it makes a mess. I really don't know why this bugs me. I guess I'm just use to all of the "creature" dying when killed. Oh well.

The two player race section was very clever and easily my favorite part of this level. It must be hard to pull off splitting an area into two sections and be able to see it all (stupid camera limitations and all). Very well done here.

The first boss is rather... easy. All you really have to do is stay back and keep firing until the thing falls apart. Also, it's almost no threat at all once you get rid of the guns. Those pieces that come rocketing off don't do anything but push you around. I dunno, this thing seems like it should be more dangerous.

The collapsing bridge is kind of a good idea, but it doesn't quite fit with the whole co-op theme of the level. And actually, it's easy to die and/or get left behind on that thing due to the camera. Plus, if the "leader" (whomever the camera is focused on) falls, everyone else is pretty much screwed.

The section with the little robot things is a little hazardous due to electrified pieces sometimes not going away. Plus, it's hard to tell which layer the things are on.

After this, the level shifts to a different style, and becomes much more creepy. Again, it loses the co-op feel for a while. Actually, there's an issue with that sponge you grab to go up a shaft (the one with the star on it). It goes up way too fast, and is rather hard to time getting on with 2 players (more players would be even worse).

The end of the level is rather difficult, mostly due to the lack of knowing what to do exactly. The first part of the boss also suffers from the "stay in a safe spot and keep firing" flaw. Once you're able to get inside, it's not really obvious what to do. If I'm suppose to shoot the blue things or something, I kept doing it, and one of them refused to go away. You can shoot through the small gaps to the middle core. I don't know exactly how this boss was designed to be beaten. Maybe make it a little more obvious? I don't know how, this thing already seems very complex.

Problems aside, this level is very well made. It's difficult to find a player to go with, and a little hard to work together in some sections, but overall it's a fun experience. Can't wait to see a sequel. I've liked the idea of flying with the Paintinator since I (you) thought about it, but it really shouldn't be a majority of the level, since the same thing over and over can get old pretty fast. Here's hoping you still have some cool ideas left.

Well I appreciate the feedback, but most of the complaints, in my opinion, are rather opinionated. We didn't want to load the entire level with completely co-op tasks for the reason that we wanted to give it more variety. I personally love platforming, so we added some fun sections that you don't need to rely on your partner for. Also the bit about the debris at the bottom is there for effect, since you would expect a gun to shatter into pieces rather than simply disappear.

I'm happy you enjoyed the 2 player race section We absolutely loved building that part of the level and tried to make it as inventive and original as possible. Thanks for the kudos!

Also, as stated previously, Eye-Gore isn't meant to be an extreme challenge. While your competent at finding a "safe spot" during the boss fight, others may find this more problematic. We wanted the rest of the level to be accessible as the attention span of most people playing LBP is that of a young child with ADD. I do think, though, that we could possible make the parts that rocket off electric. Might add this, as it shouldn't take up much, if any, thermo space.

As for the final boss, a stupid glitch makes spinning circles almost impossible to register paint hits. It's been a problem for me and Ninja over the last week, and just when we thought we'd fixed it, it still acts up on us. I do agree though, we could add a speech bubble explaining what to do after the 3 sets of cannons and the cyborg are killed. I'll look into this.

And indeed, we did think alike I'll be sure to check out your dodgeball level. Invite me to check it out sometime when I'm on m8. Thanks for checking out the level.

EDIT: Walter! I have no idea what happened on the bridge section. I've never seen the piston act up like that and I'm sorry it happened. We'll look into it bud, thanks for letting me know
    SEMINAL GEMINI Thread

I'm going to play it now... I'll give feedback when I'm done with it

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

I did add a speech bubble saying "Don't stop shooting til his cores are completely destroyed!" with the camera zoomed up on the blue wheel. People still don't get it, and there's nothing more I can do to hold peoples hands.

Each wheel has 30 different paint switches all over it, and it's set to 1 hit. It's a glitch, and it has to do with hit detection on on spinning objects - there's absolutely nothing I can do about. I even tried putting magnetic keys on all the wheel parts, but then ran into the problem that some pieces will fall off and sift at the bottom where they can't be hit. I also tried replacing all the offshoot pieces with brains which caused the entire level to disappear after the last one had been shot. That's no bueno.

The bosses all have safe spots. That's only natural. On RRoD though, you can still get hit anywhere by the 4th chamber when he pops out, as his range is total. Just getting into the safespot and finding it is the real challenge. We originally had eyegore spinning way faster, but in testing, getting anywhere near him was impossible, and the spread of his plasma was too random. A good boss needs a pattern that's somewhat predictable and avoidable, and doesn't change the next time you play.

I will definitely electrify those rocket offshoots though. Good idea. I am not going to add plasma shooting from the center though - can't be done. One more sticker and the paintgun won't even shoot.

Although it fills up the lower area, the debris left behind on the turrets is logical, and mechanically sound. There's a sliver of glass inside that weights and stabilizes the moving chamber inside. without this piece, the pistons slide and bend through the frame of the turret due to some overload in the physics engine that I can't control. No glass debris, no realistic turret. It's nice to see your work as a mercenary after disabling an enemy threat

These bugs in the game engine are things Nev and I can't be faulted for.

Everything to do with "if one player falls behind" - yeah, move as a unit, act as one. I love when me and Nev play it, 'cause we come flipping off that grab switch at the end commando style. If I had room to add explosives there and breaking glass atthe end, I would lol

@ Walter. I fixed it. The platform the jetpack was attached to was unglued, so it gave the jetpack too much radius allowing you to fly over the sensor radius to activate the piston when activating the checkpoint.

Be assured that I edit habitually for months on end, so any issues I can fix, I will.
    Last edited by NinjaMicWZ; 01-18-2009 at 08:25 PM.

The Fastest Hedgehog EVER Sonic5411's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 306

PSN
    Super_Sonic5411
    Blog Entries

Sounds epic, me and clank are going to have to try this

Levels:Aptitude
    The Final Frontier (Spotlighted)
    Private Eye: The Diner (Spotlighted)
    Project: Private Eye part 2: Downtown

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast