BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Playstation Trophies

The arrival of trophies on PS3 changed the way a lot of people play games for better, or worse, depending on how well they are designed and thought through, and how seriosuly the player takes them. The good ones can add a lot of fun to certain games and collecting them can be enjoyable.

So if anyone has a particular trophy they've earned and wish to share the story behind it I thought it would be fun to share it here. Any trophies you've earned recently that you're proud of? Any that your currently hunting for?
    Thoughts on trophies in general.. do you think they're a good thing, bad thing, ignore them altogether and are indifferent to them?

For me one game that stands out is LittleBigPlanet as it has good and bad trophies. I love that ace all levels trophy, that was seriously fun, plus collecting all the prize bubbles takes some serious team work, it feels fantastic to work with someone and succeed on that.
    A bad trophy is arguably the 'so many hearts on one of your created levels,' it was a good idea in theory but unfortunately was probably the main drive behind heart for heart, and resulted in a lot of spammed levels.

I enjoy trophy hunting, but I am careful about the ones I hunt for. I want to make sure they add to the enjoyment of a game rather than take away from them. What about you?
    'Let that be a lesson to all oppressive vegetable sellers.'

I love trophy hunting. Currently got like 15 or 16 platinums.

yeah.

This statement is true.

Fajita Monster LieutenantFatman's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    LieutenantFatman
    Blog Entries

I have 15 platinums. Proudest are LittleBigPlanet and Batman: Arkham Asylum. So much dedication and fun getting those two.
    Easiest was The Walking Dead the other day, you only have to finish the game to get all the trophies! So yes, trophies add nothing to that one, very fun game though and highly recommended for the story if you don't mind a bit of gruesome horror.

Ooh, yeah, my first platinum came from Tornado Outbreak. I love that game. Trophies weren't mega hard to get and gameplay was really enjoyable.

Unfortunately, I haven't got any second platinum trophy yet, and I don't believe I will. Seeing as I'm not that much dedicated to trophy collecting. It's all in good fun but I normally ignore those I find to be asking a bit too much of me.
    Yo! Check out my devART

I actually have 18 platinums

3D Dot Game Heroes
    Batman Arkham Asylum
    Batman Arkham City
    Bioshock
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
    God of War III
    God of War
    inFamous
    Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
    LittleBigPlanet
    Mass Effect 2
    Mass Effect 3
    Ratchet and Clank: A crack in Time
    Sly 1
    Sly 2
    Tales of Graces f
    Uncharted
    Uncharted 2

Currently working on Okami.

This statement is true.

I have no platinums

..yeah :F

7. Thanks!

I usually don't pay much attention to trophies, so many are of the completed chapter X variety it diminishes the whole system.

One game I did go out of my way to platinum was Dark Souls; I loved that game and since it was designed for multiple play-throughs it gave me a fun secondary objective.

I won't try to get any trophy that doesn't seem "fun" and I completely don't understand the point of hidden trophies that aren't any sort of spoiler; do the developers not know all trophies are just going to be listed on the internet...why be annoying about it?!?

Quote Originally Posted by fullofwin View Post
    I usually don't pay much attention to trophies, so many are of the completed chapter X variety it diminishes the whole system.
    I think complete chapter x is part of the data collecting side of trophies, publishers will use them to find how many uses complete the game and if there's a certain part where people are quiting.

Quote Originally Posted by fullofwin View Post
    I completely don't understand the point of hidden trophies that aren't any sort of spoiler; do the developers not know all trophies are just going to be listed on the internet...why be annoying about it?!?
    There was a time when trophy lists weren't grabbed in a way that shows all the secrets and nobody would know what they were until someone unlocked them and posted the requirements. I guess it would be a way of keeping people playing your game longer.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    nysudyrgh
    Blog Entries

I almost have a platinum, just have to play an online round on Resistance Burning Skies.
    But my fudging Online Pass doesn't work.

Levels PSP:
    Steam *Spotlighted**Highest Rated Page 6*|The Tree Of Life *Spotlight Nod*|Russian Rocks *Spotlighted*|The Gravity Caves *Spotlighted*

Levels PSVITA:
    Nys Labs OmniCircle Battle|[VCC] Nys Labs Christmas Edition|[PLCC5] The Sketchlands *Spotlighted*|Tumblewood Cliffs (Coming Late)|BOMBS AWAY!(Coming Soon)

Quote Originally Posted by nysudyrgh View Post
    I almost have a platinum, just have to play an online round on Resistance Burning Skies.
    But my fudging Online Pass doesn't work.
    I'm surprised Playstation Passes haven't simply bombed, I guess I'm just not one who doesn't want to pay an extra ten dollars for multiplayer for each game. Then again, I don't play many multiplayer games, so I guess my complaint is pretty moot right about now.

P.S. Are there really Pass-required games that require multiplayer achievements to be achieved for the platinum? If so, that's a little low blow imo. But I've never gotten a platinum before, so maybe I don't get how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonvarsity View Post
    I'm surprised Playstation Passes haven't simply bombed, I guess I'm just not one who doesn't want to pay an extra ten dollars for multiplayer for each game. Then again, I don't play many multiplayer games, so I guess my complaint is pretty moot right about now.

P.S. Are there really Pass-required games that require multiplayer achievements to be achieved for the platinum? If so, that's a little low blow imo. But I've never gotten a platinum before, so maybe I don't get how it works.

All my online passes came with the game.

And I have 0 platinums, because I don't go for any trophies. The only exception was LBP2, and I'm currently 2 trophies away from a platinum.

I need the 25 dive-in one and some other challenge that requires me getting 20 hearts or something (impossible) ;_;

Hey, feel free to follow me on Twitter @DominationMags Add me on PSN: DominationMags Steam, psn_dominationmags anddddd League of Legends, MagsTM!

13. Thanks!

The passes are free for the first buyer, they exist just to attempt to get some money from pre-ownwd sales of the game. The only figure I've seen released about their success is EA earning $10-15 million from them last year http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/09/ea...f-online-pass/ it's probably not that much on a per title basis but it must be enough to justify continuing the scheme.

Yeah there's several that require the pass to earn online trophies, sometime the multi has about half the trophies and sometimes its just play one game online.

15. Thanks!

Fajita Monster LieutenantFatman's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    LieutenantFatman
    Blog Entries

Thankfully not all games require an online pass. Dark Souls and Borderlands 2 for example. Also Dead Space 2 had an online mode but no online trophies. So it's not all bad news when purchasing preowned games.
    And yeah, Resistance Burning Skies. Borrowed that from a friend, probably would have gone for the platinum but no way am I paying that much money for an online pass, just for a quick trophy.

Oh, alright. Thanks for the clarification you guys. See, I remember hearing about it at first as a tactic to lower used game sales. I swore I heard something else though that pre-owned buyers also had to pay the extra money. I'm glad that's not the case at least.

I need oly one trophie for platinum in lbp 1, however it's the hearts trophy, and scince lbp2 released i've been much more intrested in that so haven't really bothered to upload any new levels to try to get the hearts. the two that I have uploaded barely even got 50 plays between them last I checked anywho .

I only need two more for the RandC qforce platinum, one for travelling a set distance via hovering and one for playing co-op (I'll probably just play level 1 with two handsets on for that.. )
    Isn't it Ironic how points are the most pointless part of LBP?

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge228 View Post
    I need oly one trophie for platinum in lbp 1, however it's the hearts trophy, and scince lbp2 released i've been much more intrested in that so haven't really bothered to upload any new levels to try to get the hearts. the two that I have uploaded barely even got 50 plays between them last I checked anywho .
    Try it now

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    nysudyrgh
    Blog Entries

Oh, alright. Thanks for the clarification you guys. See, I remember hearing about it at first as a tactic to lower used game sales. I swore I heard something else though that pre-owned buyers also had to pay the extra money. I'm glad that's not the case at least.
    No, you get the pass when you buy it in a shop, but when you buy it second-hand then you'll have to pay for an online pass. I bought my copy of Resistance in a shop but the online pass won't work. (And it IS still valid until 2014.)
    Last edited by nysudyrgh; 12-07-2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Extremegrammarfailsandstuff...

Levels PSP:
    Steam *Spotlighted**Highest Rated Page 6*|The Tree Of Life *Spotlight Nod*|Russian Rocks *Spotlighted*|The Gravity Caves *Spotlighted*

Levels PSVITA:
    Nys Labs OmniCircle Battle|[VCC] Nys Labs Christmas Edition|[PLCC5] The Sketchlands *Spotlighted*|Tumblewood Cliffs (Coming Late)|BOMBS AWAY!(Coming Soon)

21. Thanks!

wow thanks rabid, two platinums are now mine! (lbp1 and RandC qforce)
    Isn't it Ironic how points are the most pointless part of LBP?

Quote Originally Posted by nysudyrgh View Post
    No, you get the pass when you buy it in a shop, but when you buy it second-hand then you'll have to pay for an online pass. I bought my copy of Resistance in a shop but the online pass won't work. (And it IS still valid until 2014.)
    Oh, well that stinks. Sorry to hear that. I wonder how good Sony's customer support is.

I Got my 63rd Plat from Okami HD last night.

Spoiler Spoiler - plats

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 ... LastLast