BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TV Shows!

Quote Originally Posted by flamingemu View Post
    Yeah, make sure it has diamonds.
    PLURAL??? I can already tell you're too high-maintenance for me. Marriage is off!

Is now bad.
    Season 4 wasn't great, but I think season 5 has gotten off to a decent start.

Also, black mirror two was the best one XD the others were okay...

Also - watch dead set!
    Yeah, I saw Dead Set when it was on TV. The first Black Mirror episode was a bit meh, but I quite enjoyed the 3rd one. I have indeed heard that the 2nd is the best, will make sure to give it a watch.

Did you watch The Fades when that was on (starring Daniel Kaluuya, who was also in Black Mirror, coincidently)? I quite enjoyed that, it was a shame that it was canned by BBC 3, no doubt to make room for more series of crap like 'Snog, Marry, Avoid' and Don't Tell the Bride.

We rarely get decent concept dramas in the UK, our TV is full of reality tripe and period drama blandness, so it's disappointing when a good one comes along and they don't even give it a proper chance.

2. Thanks!

DV The Killing III is awful don't even bother watching it.
    You're still not clarifying if you mean the third seas- OH MY GOODNESS.

Now I get it. You're referring to the danish television show, "The Killing," while I'm referring to the american television show based off of it. Sorry for the confusion xD I guess I still am the only person who watches and likes the american "The Killing."

arbiekko

I liked the first season of The Killing (US) and only realized the critics absolutely hated it to death after the season ended and I read some blogs. Was surprised by the anger. I thought it was fun and twisty with interesting characters. The second season didn't appeal, somehow, so I quit after a few episodes and eventually came across a blog after the season ended and spoiled the whodunnit. Oh well. I remember looking up the Danish original series but didn't get very far there either. It felt... smarter than I could handle? I wasn't ready for the politics of it, and it was surprisingly different from the US version which I thought I would like, but instead I just didn't anchor onto anything.

Dead Set and Black Mirror are both fantastic, Charlie Brooker has the midas touch and I love to watch the things he's involved in.

5. Thanks!

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    flamingemu
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_Star View Post
    Did you watch The Fades when that was on (starring Daniel Kaluuya, who was also in Black Mirror, coincidently)? I quite enjoyed that, it was a shame that it was canned by BBC 3, no doubt to make room for more series of crap like 'Snog, Marry, Avoid' and Don't Tell the Bride.

We rarely get decent concept dramas in the UK, our TV is full of reality tripe and period drama blandness, so it's disappointing when a good one comes along and they don't even give it a proper chance.
    D: they cancelled the fades? awh ;-;
    I thank that series was a bit too dramatic for the BBC3, always thought that maybe C4 would pick it up.

C4 is my favourite by far, not least due to peep show and the it crowd - and utopia which had a very very good 4th episode.

Quote Originally Posted by ConverseFox View Post
    I grant you all permission to suck it.
    New level!- http://lbp.me/v/qqpw0cw
    Yes I'm a guy

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    alistair26

D: they cancelled the fades? awh ;-;
    I thank that series was a bit too dramatic for the BBC3, always thought that maybe C4 would pick it up.

C4 is my favourite by far, not least due to peep show and the it crowd - and utopia which had a very very good 4th episode.
    Yea, Fades was cancelled not long after it's "first" season finished. Speaking of cancellations, Being Human is to end after this season.

Peep Show and IT Crowd are good. IT Crowd has a kind of "guilty pleasure" quality about it, and Richard Ayoade can make you laugh with just a blank face.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 637
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    DifferentPSNName

Frasier is incredibly well written and it's one of my favourite sitcoms, but would I play Frasier the game? Hell yes I would!
    There are always brilliant British shows such as Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Little Britain, Black Books etc. they're just funny in general, and they can be everybody's tastes, that's sort of like saying "if you like food, try chocolate, it's great."

More iron than man.
    Care for a scare? http://lbp.me/v/qqpxeh-

Quote Originally Posted by Ironface View Post
    Frasier is incredibly well written and it's one of my favourite sitcoms, but would I play Frasier the game? Hell yes I would!
    There are always brilliant British shows such as Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Little Britain, Black Books etc. they're just funny in general, and they can be everybody's tastes, that's sort of like saying "if you like food, try chocolate, it's great."
    Oh dear lord, how could I forget Blackadder?! That show was hilarious, and I definitely need to continue watching it on Netflix. I'm afraid I haven't heard of any of the others you mentioned besides Frasier though.
    Last edited by Dragonvarsity; 08-14-2015 at 04:40 PM.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 637
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    DifferentPSNName

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonvarsity View Post
    Oh dear lord, how could I forget Blackadder?! That show was hilarious, and I definitely need to continue watching it on Netflix. I'm afraid I haven't heard of any of the others you mentioned besides Frasier though.
    Blackadder could quite possibly be my favourite show of all time and each series is better than the last in my opinion, I'd suggest giving Black Books a watch next, it too couples the caustic, bitter man with the unintelligent affiliate and that's always been my favourite thing about the two shows, the way the two (or sometimes three) completely dissimilar characters interact with each other.

I like American Dad too, it often relies on being zany but the jokes are very well executed.

More iron than man.
    Care for a scare? http://lbp.me/v/qqpxeh-

Blackadder was fantastic ^^

I will give those other british shows mentioned above a chance. thx

Collected Gems of LBPV:
    Gems 1 Gems 2 Gems 3 Gems 4

12. Thanks!

7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    alistair26

Did you watch Black Mirror, flamingemu?

StBrewskjowski

Arrested Development has to be the top T.V show for me... "There's always money... IN THE BANANA STAND!"
    But I also like to watch suggestions like Modern Family, 30 Rock, Parks and Recreation, Community, and the odd Greys Anatomy.

I don't watch T.V so much though, but when I do, it's usually those shows! :3

PSN
    alistair26

It's a shame so many good shows have ended/are ending. Spartacus finished at the weekend with an epic finale, other series should take note on how to end in a satisfying manner. Breaking Bad and Dexter will be over before Christmas... there'll only be a few shows left worth watching.

I've been watching Parks & Recreation on BBC 4 (a few episodes into season 2), they're showing 2 episodes every Wednesday. A nice show to lighten the mood, with some great laugh out loud moments. A great moment from one of last weeks episodes (the one with the KAPOW thing) was when Ron says "What the KA****** where you thinking?!". The timing and delivery of the line was excellent.

Watched the first episode of The Americans last night, which seems like it could be a good show, but other than that all I have is:

Game of Thrones
    Person of Interest
    Nikita
    Mad Men

ah dudes! your all missing out! anything by bryan fuller is pure genius yet none of you appear to have watched it! as quick synopsis', wonderfalls is about a girl working in niagra falls gift shop and several items in the shop persuade her to do good,dead like me is a show about a group of grim reapers (hilarious, like seriously the funniest I've ever watched) and pushing daisies features a man who bakes pie and wakes the dead. most recently, he's written a show called 'hannibal' on NBC which is airing currently in america to great reviews (can't wait 'till the uk pilot goes up online which sounds worth a shot if you're looking for something dexter-ish (but it's bryan fuller so it'll be better)

other then those, I can't stop by without recommending life on mars/ashes to ashes (UK originals) great dramas with one of the best finales ever (every season tops the last in terms of finales) and the final episode is a real tear jerker.

finally carnivale is fantastic, just finished it last night. the first season is a bit all over the place in terms of quality but season 2 hits its stride early and just blows your mind every episode from there on out. its a classic good vs evil story set in the great depression, with issues of religon, morals, fate and mortality... it's a bit twisted though so I wouldn't recomend it to people easily disturbed
    Isn't it Ironic how points are the most pointless part of LBP?

Well, I just finished watching Gravity Falls and to say it's "good for a kid's show" is a massive understatement. It's one of the funniest cartoons currently on air (surpassing almost everything on FOX), and I'm surprised Disney of all networks picked it up. There's a great sense of continuity in the series and the characters are all incredibly fleshed out. Also worth mentioning is how sharp the writing is, and how Schaal absolutely nails her role in this show. Tons of love is being put into this show, and the result is one of the most entertaining and genuinely charming shows in a long time. Hopefully Disney realizes that they have a gem of a show and promote this over whatever the hell Dog with a Blog is.

Also Mabel is the best character since ever.

Last edited by bonner123; 05-04-2013 at 02:34 AM.

My levels, helpfully categorized for your convenience:
    The Good - The Bad - The Weird - The Frustrating - The Pretty - The Mobile

18. Thanks!

PSN
    alistair26

So, what's everyone watching at the moment? On Neflix I'm watching:

Community (up to season 4)
    Sense8
    Friday Night Lights (up to season 2)

I'm also watching:

Hannibal ( )
    Mr Robot
    Rectify
    The Strain (even though it's a bit pants, and this kid playing Zach couldn't be more annoying)

Also, just finished a show called 'Humans', on CH4 (AMC in the US).

20. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_Star View Post
    Community (up to season 4)
    Sense8
    Friday Night Lights (up to season 2)
    I love Community! I'm still on season 3, but it's already one of my favorite comedy shows (right after Parks & Recreation, which I cannot praise enough). Is Sense8 worth watching?

I hate to admit it, but I've been caught up in Once Upon A Time for the past few days. The plot isn't quite up to par with, say, Game of Thrones' plot, and the actors aren't nearly as good, but it still feels great to come home after a long day at work and watch a bit of light-hearted fantasy (as opposed to the violence/sex/violence-during-sex-filled world of GoT). Plus, Once Upon A Time is one of the very few TV shows with a reasonably wide range of actors from different backgrounds and with different accents, from England to Australia, including New York, Chicago, Ireland and Scotland, and I think it sounds incredibly charming.

PSN
    alistair26

Quote Originally Posted by Oddmania View Post
    I love Community! I'm still on season 3, but it's already one of my favorite comedy shows (right after Parks & Recreation, which I cannot praise enough). Is Sense8 worth watching?
    Sense8 isn't bad. Similar to what you mentioned about OUAT, there's a rance of different accents, and different locals around the world.... though everyone speaks English which is a bit odd. Perhaps because the producers thought having subtitles covering a number of different languages would be hard on the viewer. A lot of folk struggle with shows with one non-English language!

And yeah, Parks and Rec is great. A real feel good comedy.

EDIT: BTW, if you have Netflix, you should try Wet Hot American Summer (watch the movie first, then the TV show). It's a bit daft and "out there", but it's good fun.
    Last edited by Ali_Star; 10-16-2015 at 02:51 PM.

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 564
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    FreeAim
    Blog Entries

Community seasons 1-3 and 6 are some of the best of any sitcoms ever made. Also, I discovered my new favourite show, Buffy the Vampire Slayer as well as my favourite spin-off, Angel.

Also, the one truly great cartoon I have watched this millenia, Steven Universe. Adventure Time + other modern cartoons pale in comparison to that masterpiece. And it's only in its second season! Briefly, it starts with an episode about a boy trying to learn to control magical powers through ice cream. Episode 67 is gruesome body horror, with episodes from 69 onwards are part of a foreshadowed apocalyptic plot when one of the monsters from episode 67 threatens to rip apart the planet to "hatch".

And it all fits.

But seriously, though. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Community and Steven Universe. Heavily suggest checking them out.

PSN
    alistair26

I haven't seen Community season 6 yet, waiting for it to come to Netflix. I did use to watch a bit of Angel back in the day, but then I just stopped for no reason in particular.

I've just started Narcos which is pretty good. Also, The Walking Dead, The Leftovers and Fargo have all returned in good form...... same can't be said for Homeland.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2