check out the live stream of the event.

We are very excited about the work we are doing, and we can’t wait to be able to talk about the actual project, let alone for people to get their hands on it and start recording &" /> Our Dream

BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Thread: Our Dream

Default Our Dream

On Wednesday we had the exciting opportunity to put Alex up on stage at the Playstation 4 event, to show you what our second team has been fiddling about with for the last while. If you missed it then be sure to check out the live stream of the event.

We are very excited about the work we are doing, and we can’t wait to be able to talk about the actual project, let alone for people to get their hands on it and start recording & sharing their dreams. 

We had a lot of fun pulling together our R&D presentation, and so I thought it would be fun to share some of the behind the scenes moments which show just how we put this all together. We’ll be sharing more of these with you in the coming weeks, there were some very funny moments!

Oooooh!

Oooooh!

Oooooh!

Oooooh!

Come and work for us!

ALSO, we are missing some vital Molecules here at Mm, people we need to help us advance our new experiment. If what you have seen turns you on, then please get in touchSee our jobs page for more details.

We’re sure everyone has a load questions for us, and we’ll really enjoy revealing more about our dream for you throughout this year

Lots of love,

Siobhan, Mark, Alex, Dave, Kareem and everyone else at Mm

Oooooh!

-------------------------

"Our Dream" is an automatically posted news item which was grabbed from MediaMolecule.com. The original article can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaff_Molecule View Post
    If what you have seen turns you on
    Remember this is a family site... maybe we should just stay friends?

but anyway, your tech demo was excellent and its great you've not forgotten the move... more developers should follow your lead.
    Last edited by ForgottenEnigma; 02-21-2013 at 01:15 AM.

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,725
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Congrats on being part of the Sony press conference, Molecules!
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

4. Thanks!

Very interesting! Can't wait to try it out! But before, I was honestly expecting some LBP3 news or something XD

The presentation was awesome! I can't wait to play the game.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 300
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    shredder25
    Blog Entries

I watched the presentation live, and must admit, this was the part that excited me most for the PS4. If the creation system using the Move wand is as easy as it seems, it will be the most streamlined program for 3d-animation that has ever existed- something I thought I'd wait a few more years to see. It wasn't really demonstrated, but is seems like it handles rigging pretty well as well. I hope they manage to figure out an easy way to texture as well (which happens to be my bane), I'd really like to see what they come up with.

In any case, it definitely makes for some interesting possibilities in the next generation.

8. Thanks!

I for one can't believe this is being looked over, nobody is talking about it, it looks incredible. Hope to see more at e3 or sooner.
    F4F level- Gangsta life of Detroit 2. http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...e-of-Detroit-2

Imagination Unlimited Lady_Luck__777's Avatar
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Lady_Luck__777
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jrange378 View Post
    I for one can't believe this is being looked over, nobody is talking about it, it looks incredible. Hope to see more at e3 or sooner.
    You can find more discussion here:
    http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...g-Holiday-2013

Published LBP2 Levels:The Midnight Journey , County Fun Fair
    Published LBP1 Levels: Aquarium Adventure, Temple Of The Dragons, Shapes, The Goodies Store
    Aquarium Adventure Video (Thx Sackboy223): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bho5KKC8w4

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.
    The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quite nice to see some molecules dancing around and having fun, especially Johnee. That really made me smile.

Really some cool stuff shown in all that. Love the modeling with the move. Will be nice to have a great use for that thing!
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

When I grow up, I want to work for Mm!
    Thank you

So... with this tool, we'll be able to make 3D games, and 3D models?

TheRealCaptainM

Gosh, if I'd seen this thread before the presentation, I woulda been able to guess the whole thing.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,237
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    ShadowriverUB
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nitranon77 View Post
    So... with this tool, we'll be able to make 3D games, and 3D models?
    Definitly static models, im not sure now thy gonna tie up bones to any model in easy way to animate it. I also belive the dence sequence was kind of target render, i don't belive the made complex animations using one move
    Tired of answering same questions from people.... answer them down on LBPWiki where everyone can see them!
    |LEVELS: TETRIS
    |OBJECTS: Numeral logic components
    |TUTORIALS: BCD calculator
    |Next project: Paaaaaaarrrrty!... in LBP2

16. Thanks!

Sackperson Sergeant Lord-Dreamerz's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 877
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

If MM really are gonna make a new game that allows you to create anything you want, then they'll have to find a easy enough way for people to animate their models... I don't know how they'll need to do it but hopefully they thought of a way. That is the only way people can actually make what they want and not be limited to premade character models "AKA Sackfolk" like LBP forces you into too. otherwise it won't be much better then LBP. *mew
    ~Lets go on a fantastic ADVENTURE!~

Yeah their movement back and forth was too simple to make the characters animate the way they did. Maybe the animated each part individually beforehand, and the motion back and forth was just the speed at which they wanted the character to do those motions...