BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default LBPC Contest #10 - A Stitch in Time

The publishing window is now closed
    Thanks to all who've entered, we look forward to playing your levels.
    Please see this post for the official list of entries.

(14/04/13; DD, MM, YY)
    You're now free to update your levels as they have all been played and judged, but the crew may still play them for reference so perhaps keep them published.

Hello everyone!

We’re back with a new contest to get your creative juices flowing again! This time (and we think it’s a first) the contest is for both LBP2 and LBP Vita entries. A Crown and LBPC pin will be awarded to the winner of each category. The winning LBP2 level will also get recorded.

The challenge is to create a level based on the theme of time travel. The level must feature at least two different time zones and you must build a stylish time machine to warp between them. Other than that the only limits are those of your imagination... and the general space time continuum!

So when will you choose? Jurassic / Future sci-fi, Wild West / Medieval, Chicago Mob / End of the world, Today / the 1970s? The sky’s the limit here, so just select whatever inspires you the most. The same applies to your time machine. We want wonderful crazy machines of all kinds: be they futuristic, steampunk or cardboard and sticky tape in true Craftworld style!

So whether you’re into logic and contraptions or like to focus mainly on scenery, story and special effects, there should be something in this theme for you. Maybe show some cause and effect between the player's actions in each time period, pile on the paradoxes or perhaps just wow us with your stunning interpretations of two different historical periods. We are really looking for originality and creativity in whatever way you approach the theme. On that note, we would love to see Vita creators making use of all those exclusive Vita features and showing us things that just can't be achieved on the PS3!

Good luck time travellers... and we'll see you later... or earlier... err...

Building requirements and rules

• Create an original previously unpublished level of any genre (except movies - see below) based on the theme of time travel. The level must feature at least two different time zones and you must build a time machine to switch between them.

• The level must include gameplay so no movie levels, please! It can contain cutscenes.

• One level slot/thermo per entry. No level-linking of any kind and for this contest no cross-controller levels either. Wormholes within a level without using the cross-controller functionality are allowed, however.

• Originality is the name of the game. That means levels featuring a Tardis or DeLorean as a time machine will be sternly frowned upon! Both are very cool methods of transport but we would much rather see something from your own imagination!

• Publish your levels between 1st and 7th April 2013 (final deadline is 11.59 GMT on 7th April) and include the text “(LBPC10)” in the title of the level.

• Post LBP.me links to your levels in this thread, so we’re sure not to miss them!

• All entries must be playable in either LittleBigPlanet 2 OR LittleBigPlanet Vita.

• You can only enter one level. This means you must choose to enter either an LBP2 or a Vita entry NOT BOTH.

• After the deadline, do not republish. Levels republished after the deadline will be disqualified. Exceptions may be made for quick fixes with respect to level titles, description, badges, or major game-breaking fixes, but only with the prior consent of the contest crew. If you need to request an edit, please post in this thread and send me a PM.

Also a little Handy FAQ for you all

Q: Can I enter a previously published level?
    A: No.

Q: Can I enter a level I already have on my moon, but hasn't yet been published?
    A: Yes.

Q: Once I've published my entry, can I republish it?
    A: You can republish it during the publishing window as many times as you like, but mustn't republish after the deadline.

Q: When will the judging begin?
    A: The judges may take a look at some levels prior to the deadline, but the judging proper will not begin until after the deadline.

Q: When will the results be posted?
    A: We can't really give any accurate answer to this, but it will be no more than a month after the judging begins.

LBPC Contest Crew

• biorogue • Dav1d0 • Missi_Cat • Pookachoo • Shadowriver • shropshirelass • thespacemonkey187
    Last edited by ForgottenEnigma; 04-15-2013 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Added names of Crew

Whee! LBPC10, sounds pretty awesome. I will look forward to all the entries, thanks for posting this! Good luck everyone

.... Oh and by the way, I'm entering
    Last edited by Jauw; 02-23-2013 at 10:37 PM.
    Alley of Hollows MM Picked!
    Midnight In Paris MM Picked!
    Administrator of TearawayLand
    Adminstrator & Blogger of SackomediaBlog
    LittleBigPlanet Central Contest & Spotlight Crew Member

This sounds great! I think I'll go for the Vita entry, got some great ideas already.
    Was going to ask if we can enter LBP2 and LBPVita but you already said the answer
    Gonna have fun with this!

LBP2 Levels
    /-/ Mm Pick! >>>Valley Folds<<< Mm Pick! /-/
    /-/ Spyro the Dragon - Castle Heights /-/

LBPVita Levels
    /-/ Space Blade /-/
    /-/ A Vita Christmas Countdown (Project) /-/

Yeah, just the one level please. Good luck.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    goranilic

Yeah ! More good levels to play coming !

Spotlighted in Community Spotlight Episode 104

Spotlighted in Community Spotlight Episode 90

Sticks and stones may break my bones
    but words will never hurt me

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew yugnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 119
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    yugnar
    Blog Entries

Oh my gosh, you just can't imagine how fitting this contest is for me. Ehem:

The very first level I tried to make for LBP 1, 2 and VITA was about time travel, basically any of them fit the requirements; anyway, I have never ever been able to complete them.

Soooooo this is the perfect oportunity to bring all those ideas into a single entry! I am aiming high this time guys, you better watch your backs :P

If I can stop playing PSASBR, that is.

EDIT: Now the real question is should I make the level in LBP2 or Vita?
    Last edited by yugnar; 02-23-2013 at 08:43 PM. Reason: The Real question.

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew fireblitz95's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    fireblitz95
    Blog Entries

:0 This looks awesome, I will definitely try to make something for this. Well, I'll TRY.
    Last edited by fireblitz95; 02-23-2013 at 09:31 PM.

"Stay positive, have fun, and enjoy yourself.
    Together, as a community, we will reach our goals."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also follow me on Twitter, @fireblitz95

Sounds like fun wish i had more time and planet space. I can imagine some interesting levels coming from this one.

Hey all. I think I might actually give this one a go if I can get over the creator apathy that has been plaguing me since 2009. That's right. Creator apathy. It is a thing, and it is caused by bomb survivals!
    Poorjack- "Quality Levels, for You and Your Family"
    My NEW! Level

Do you think I'd be able to make a level in which your sackperson travels to different time zones through 'rifts'?
    Spoiler Spoiler - Please don't copy this idea - it would make me sad
    Clara: "How did we get here?!"
    The Doctor: "I already told you, it's the ship! It's all very sciencey!"

"I'm the Doctor, I'm an alien from outer space, I'm a thousand years old, I've got two hearts and I can't fly a plane! Can you?!"

It's all very sciencey.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoraptor View Post
    Do you think I'd be able to make a level in which your sackperson travels to different time zones through 'rifts'?
    Spoiler Spoiler - Please don't copy this idea - it would make me sad
    Sounds like a great plan to me. But I'm not an official, nor am I really around LBPC much anymore, so what do I know. I am planning something similar, though I would center the time travel in specific around an object or something concrete to satisfy the "time machine" clause of the contest's rules.
    My NEW! Level

12. Thanks!

The effects sound cool. You have to include a time machine to switch between the different zones though, but, time machines can come in all different shapes and sizes. use your imagination and i'm sure you can make your idea work.

Quote Originally Posted by thespacemonkey187 View Post
    The effects sound cool. You have to include a time machine to switch between the different zones though, but, time machines can come in all different shapes and sizes. use your imagination and i'm sure you can make your idea work.
    Thanks. Perhaps I could use a machine that generates the rift?
    Clara: "How did we get here?!"
    The Doctor: "I already told you, it's the ship! It's all very sciencey!"

"I'm the Doctor, I'm an alien from outer space, I'm a thousand years old, I've got two hearts and I can't fly a plane! Can you?!"

It's all very sciencey.

For some reason, this reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes. Anyone else? No? Okay.

I might enter, but I don't really have a lot of time to go on LBP nowadays.

Spoiler Spoiler - Aw yiss.

Thanks. Perhaps I could use a machine that generates the rift?
    Exactly

Now the real question is should I make the level in LBP2 or Vita?
    Tough decision. We think that adds a nice extra dimension to this contest.

Will the runner-ups be getting the LBPC Pin as well?
    Alley of Hollows MM Picked!
    Midnight In Paris MM Picked!
    Administrator of TearawayLand
    Adminstrator & Blogger of SackomediaBlog
    LittleBigPlanet Central Contest & Spotlight Crew Member

I will be making mine in LBP Vita, seeing as that is the definitive version of the software in my opinion. I like to call it LBP2+
    My NEW! Level

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 46
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    M3-457
    Blog Entries

I'm joining this time. Can I use an LBP1 theme mixed with the cross controller DLC?

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 705
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    MIMECH2
    Blog Entries

Guess who has decided to enter? Me! I've got a unique plan/idea for my entry. (If I finish it in time, heh get it? time...)

Will the runner-ups be getting the LBPC Pin as well?
    Sorry Jauw, just the winners.

I'm joining this time. Can I use an LBP1 theme mixed with the cross controller DLC?
    We've deliberately kept the rules to a minimum with this contest, as long as you meet them, then it's pretty much anything goes. let your imagination run wild!

22. Thanks!

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 ... LastLast