BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Default Story mode glitch!?

My friends was telling me how he got a glitch from playing a level on the cool pages that forced him to have to delete his profile. This made him have to play story mode all over again. Anyone know if this is an actual glitch, and also how to avoid getting it?

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 307
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Xx_Mr_Orange_xX

I've had this happen to me from playing a level that froze on me.
    The best thing to do is to backup your profile daily, because you never know when this sort of thing could happen.
    LBP2 levels:
    Guardian of Space(spotlighted)
    Metallic Industries inc.(spotlighted)
    LBP1 Levels:
    Fall of the Dark Queen(spotlighted)
    Reign of the Dark Queen

wow, that sucks i guess i'll backup my profile later :/

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points Your First Group
    PSN
    Sacko53
    Blog Entries

It's not story mode... It's a glitch that sends your sackperson into the background eg.. It will send you to the 4+ Layers of the background and you are not able to spawn normally. There is no cure for this kind of sack disease yet but it's best to read the reviews and comments that other people have left before playing it.

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Robo4900

Quote Originally Posted by Xx_Mr_Orange_xX View Post
    I've had this happen to me from playing a level that froze on me.
    The best thing to do is to backup your profile daily, because you never know when this sort of thing could happen.
    I have done this since LBP1. I don't know if anyone remembers this, but before the update which added saving Pods, LBP1 Profiles used to permanently break all the time. Two of my friends lost everything they'd done. Twice.
    So, I backup my Profile at the end of every LBP session in case something like this happens.

Haha nice dude i could never save my profile everyday!

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    themaxus

I was about to post about this when I found this thread. I can't spawn in most VS levels with an object behind the spawn, and when I do spawn, I either get launched across the level, or go into the 3rd layer. I don't know what level I played that caused this, but it only happened after the latest update. Does anyone know a cure for this? Also, could someone post the level that caused this so I can see if I played it?

Just realised some more stuff; I THINK that it only breaks infinite lives checkpoints and scoreboards, or entrances aren't glitched. Also, if you're playing local multiplayer, it's only the first player that can't spawn
    Last edited by themaxus; 03-25-2013 at 07:52 AM.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Ungreth

So, are we talking about a particular level where the creator has found a way to deliberately and maliciously "infect" the player with this spawning disease, or is it just a random bug introduced in a recent patch that level creators have no control over?

Edit: Just spotted this thread...http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...ch-PLEASE-HELP

Seems it's a glitch that has been maliciously designed and introduced by a hacker, waging his own personal war on copied levels
    Last edited by Ungreth; 03-26-2013 at 09:16 PM.

@idgo *gasps* is there any cure for this horrible disease!?