BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones

Default Game of Thrones

Just noticed there wasn't a thread for Game of Thrones. Anyone else watching it?

Just watched the latest episode and holy hell... feeling pretty vulnerable and traumatised right now...

Fajita Monster LieutenantFatman's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 158
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    LieutenantFatman
    Blog Entries

Not seen the latest episode yet, but yes, it's a great series, really enjoying it. Constantly keeps you guessing about what might happen next.
    'Let that be a lesson to all oppressive vegetable sellers.'

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 795
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    PSN
    SnipySev
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Burrich View Post
    Just noticed there wasn't a thread for Game of Thrones. Anyone else watching it?

Just watched the latest episode and holy hell... feeling pretty vulnerable and traumatised right now...
    Yep. This is the event book readers have been so giddy about. We had been waiting for it for 3 years now.

Just wait until you see the aftermath. It'll make you even more dead inside.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    flamingemu
    Blog Entries

Too much cleavage for my liking, however I have been following it on tumblr :P The book worth reading or should I just man up and watch in on tv?
    Last edited by Lady_Luck__777; 06-04-2013 at 10:07 PM. Reason: edited for family friendly

Quote Originally Posted by ConverseFox View Post
    I grant you all permission to suck it.
    New level!- http://lbp.me/v/qqpw0cw
    Yes I'm a guy

7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    PSN
    SnipySev
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flamingemu View Post
    Too much cleavage for my liking, however I have been following it on tumblr :P The book worth reading or should I just man up and watch in on tv?

The books are even darker and more mature than the TV series, believe it or not. I recommend watching and reading both. They're very deep and complex, and deal with many themes. Politics, war, loss, betrayal, religion, love, sexuality, court intrigue, family, morality, honor... Besides, the acting is superb, the "f-yeah" moments are really satisfying, the shocking moments are traumatizing and the sad moments are heartbreaking.

It's one of the finest fantasy series there is.
    Last edited by Lady_Luck__777; 06-04-2013 at 10:08 PM. Reason: edited for family friendly

6. Thanks!

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    alistair26

Quote Originally Posted by SnipySev View Post
    Yep. This is the event book readers have been so giddy about. We had been waiting for it for 3 years now.

Just wait until you see the aftermath. It'll make you even more dead inside.
    Spoiler Spoiler - For most recent episode

BTW, how do we feel with regards to discussing the most recent episode, do we need to use spoiler tags? I've used them just in case.
    The US will watch the episode on Sunday, whilst most Brits will watch it on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_Star View Post
    BTW, how do we feel with regards to discussing the most recent episode, do we need to use spoiler tags? I've used them just in case.
    The US will watch the episode on Sunday, whilst most Brits will watch it on Monday.
    Tag anythig book related/unaired with a warning about it being that kind of information and leave anything aired out of tags. We're only half a day behind so we should have enough sense to avoid GoT threads on a Monday.

9. Thanks!

7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    alistair26

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid-Coot View Post
    Tag anythig book related/unaired with a warning about it being that kind of information and leave anything aired out of tags. We're only half a day behind so we should have enough sense to avoid GoT threads on a Monday.
    Well yes, that may be true for some, but unfortunately there will be some members who lack sense.

BTW:

Spoiler Spoiler - Recent episode again

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 0%
    PSN
    goranilic

Without reading the books, after the fourth episode of this season, I was ready to put my money on the team Khaleesi. But seeing how is evil propagated as a permanent value in all 3 seasons, and goodness as transient lethal sin, I'm not sure anymore.
    Either way, the series is definitely one of the best drama series ever, with excellent made characters and acting. The only thing seems to me the first two seasons were slightly better than the third.

Spotlighted in Community Spotlight Episode 104

Spotlighted in Community Spotlight Episode 90

Sticks and stones may break my bones
    but words will never hurt me

PSN
    SnipySev
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goranilic View Post
    The only thing seems to me the first two seasons were slightly better than the third.
    You just wait

About book spoilers, how about we tag them with the acronym of the book it happens in and the respective season? That way, non book readers (and people who haven't yet caught up with the latest book) know which spoilers they can see. Add the number of the episode if said event has already happened in the show.

For example:

Spoiler Spoiler - AGOT/Season 1, episode 9

Spoiler Spoiler - ACOK/Season 2, ep.4

Spoiler Spoiler - ASOS/Season 3

Spoiler Spoiler - ASOS/Season 4

Spoiler Spoiler - AFFC and ADWD/Season 5

Spoiler Spoiler - AFFC and ADWD/Season 6

And so on.

Oh, and at which point should we not bother with hiding spoilers from past seasons? I think discussing events from season 1 and 2 freely is fair game by now.

PSN
    alistair26

Quote Originally Posted by goranilic View Post
    The only thing seems to me the first two seasons were slightly better than the third.
    I think the problem with this season so far, it that a lot of it seems to be characters getting from A to B, with no real overall story. And with the huge amount of characters, some stories go missing for a few weeks, Jamie Lannister being the most recent character to suffer from this.

Oh, and at which point should we not bother with hiding spoilers from past seasons? I think discussing events from season 1 and 2 freely is fair game by now.
    I think this thread should focus on the TV show, as that's the form most will be familiar with. I'd probably say that anything up to and including the most recent episode should be fair game. Maybe add "US Pace" to the thread title as a kind of disclaimer, so anyone entering the forum can expect spoilers if they're not up to date.

Anything in the books that is different to the show, or hasn't been aired yet should be considered as a spoiler.

PSN
    SnipySev
    Blog Entries

I'd probably say that anything up to and including the most recent episode should be fair game. Maybe add "US Pace" to the thread title as a kind of disclaimer, so anyone entering the forum can expect spoilers if they're not up to date.
    I think that's a little bit selfish. Plenty of people watch the show, but very few of them are up to date. They should be able to discuss the stuff they've already seen without being spoiled.

PSN
    alistair26

I think that's a little bit selfish. Plenty of people watch the show, but very few of them are up to date. They should be able to discuss the stuff they've already seen without being spoiled.
    I don't think it's selfish. I'd imagine most people that watch the show will be more or less up to date. I know the other main TV thread on here is the Dr Who thread, how do they do it in there?

Might be worth putting it to a vote.

PSN
    SnipySev
    Blog Entries

I don't think it's selfish. I'd imagine most people that watch the show will be more or less up to date. I know the other main TV thread on here is the Dr Who thread, how do they do it in there?

Might be worth putting it to a vote.
    Then you imagine it wrong. Most people are watching it later in another countries, stream it on HBO Go, pirate it or wait for the series to come out in DVD or Blu-ray.

Would it be so hard to tag the events that happened during the current season?

Free discussion for the previous season when the next starts, gives a year for all the international showings (I think Australia is 6 months later than everyone else) and will be a few months after the DVD release.

PSN
    alistair26

Then you imagine it wrong. Most people are watching it later in another countries, stream it on HBO Go, pirate it or wait for the series to come out in DVD or Blu-ray.

Would it be so hard to tag the events that happened during the current season?
    No, of course not, but if we're gonna have spoiler tags for anything that has aired this season, I think it gets a bit unecessary. If you're 3 months behind and pop into a thread like this and get spoilt by those who are up to date, you've only got yourself to blame IMO. As you said, people from across the globe may watch it slightly later than the original air date, but most fans of the show will watch it through whatever means they can (it is the most pirated show in the universe afterall), and watch it as soon as they can. It is the type of show that you kind of have to stay up to date with as best you can, because it is so wildly discussed in all corners of the internet.... and in real life too!

Anyway, this season is almost coming to an end, and the thread is still young. I think what we could do is keep everything up-to-date in spoiler tags for the time being, until we get to a point (probably early next season) where we're comfortable that anyone contributing to the thread is up-to-date.

I'd still suggest putting a poll up though.

I'd still suggest putting a poll up though.
    No you end up stuck with them years after they're useful.

PSN
    alistair26

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid-Coot View Post
    No you end up stuck with them years after they're useful.
    Can a mod or admin not remove them?

Can a mod or admin not remove them?
    They can be closed but stay at the top, the Doctor Who series 5 Poll has been stuck at the top of the thread for several years now.

PSN
    SnipySev
    Blog Entries

Don't think for a moment that this is over. The you-know-what might be the biggest plot twist from the third book, but it's far from being the last. Actually it's the one that starts the huge s***storm that is to come. Season 4 is going to be a wild ride.

The charater I'm most anxious to meet? Oberyn Martell. I hope they make a good casting decision. It's time for Dorne to make a mark on the show.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast