BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

So basicly you just keep republishing your levels? but how can republish? do you have to delete your level and publish it? or do you just move the level around and publish it? Or changing icon, description, ect.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%

PSN
    onaga666
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by harjot90 View Post
    So basicly you just keep republishing your levels? but how can republish? do you have to delete your level and publish it? or do you just move the level around and publish it? Or changing icon, description, ect.
    You just enter create mode, edit it somehow, return to pod, press quare on your level, publish and just overwrite it. You don't lose plays or anything it just overwrites the old version. hope this helps

Nice im going to try that. Im making a level now. If anyone wants to hang and help me they're more than welcome. I love having company when i create.

I know a better way, try making a bomb/shark survival or floaty jumps level, seriously, the lbp1 cool pages system doesn't work, its broken, and looking at what the real problem is, i would say that is the community as whole that don't really care to play good levels, if this goes in the same direction, i could bet that lbp2 will suffer from the same....

(btw, why reviving dead threads?)

I'll try this. I Have 4 levels that never get more than 10 plays. They are good levels, and its frustrating that no one plays them.

I wonder if this is still effective with LBP2. Anyone know?
    *Cool Picture With My Name Goes Here*

LBP1 Levels
    The Sacred Garden
    Cat Knipped

LBP2 Levels
    Quilted Design v2

Thanks for the tips. I done everything u said. i hope i get ssome plays

OR you could post on forums, like everyone else does. I mean if everyone is republishing, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of getting your level seen?
    My first level released: http://lbp.me/v/xspmgn Bouncejump Factory

My second level: http://lbp.me/v/x4mj2d Colours in Concealment

Nice guide, here's another tip

People like bomb survivals

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 309
    Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points Created Blog entry 7 days registered 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Waker-Willow
    Blog Entries

I'll try this and see how many plays I can get. Thanks for the tips!

I was upset at first by having the same trouble getting exposure as I did in LBP1. But I looked at my level stats today and it seems like the "right" people are playing my levels, and I am happy with the heart-play ratio. I think this is more gratifying than the gimmicks, (which for the record I am NOT above doing).

Here's a tip:
    Make your cutscenes/magic mouths skippable!
    They can be helpful on the first playthrough, but on a replay, the player doesn't need to see them at all.
    They will only get annoyed by them, as it takes control away from the player, and they have to wait around for the darn things to end before they can get back into the gameplay.

Bad design 101
    An ingame commentary about the good and bad design choices in my first level: "Platforming 101" ... Learn as you play!

Taking photos: As my current levels are all movies, I can't publish those photos from inside the movie and have been doing so from my moon instead, and thus far it has worked. Not sure if this is a change with LBP2 as I barely touched creating in LBP1
    Shameless plug: http://lbp.me/v/y2d0r- remake of one of the best movie scenes ever?

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 155
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Your First Group
    PSN
    BonBonBoi
    Blog Entries

I already knew republishing would work, but these other ones are great!!! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RangerZero View Post
    That's nice tips but it's also work imo. You clearly see how the game's system is broken when you have to take REAL EFFORT AND ALOT OF TIME to promote your levels if you want any plays.

By the way, a small forum like here will give you like 30-50 plays, not 200.
    200 plays and more is if you go on a major forum like NeoGaf, IGN, etc

Also, I would suggest a creator to not focus too much on the number of plays. It is really cool but not THAT important. You should harvest the love of creating first. I personally think that some 500-1000 plays really is awesome. And this can be achieved with minimum pimping.
    I agree with you for the first and third paragraphs, but this is a small forum? This website is probably the most popular fan site in LBP! And that's really saying something.

Hey this guide is great and i hope it works if i use it for myself.
    if anyone gets a chance can anyone play my lvl Mission Reload (Demo). i worked hard on it and i need some plays thx.

Hmm, these are some interesting tips, I shall atempt these. Thanks!

This was great help! Thanks a lot. I knew about the re-publishing trick. But not all the other tricks! I don't know where the badge is, or what it looks like? :S But thanks heaps!

Just a question... does Tip 1 work in LBP2? From reading the guide I can tell that it's based on LBP1 stuff...

Spoiler Spoiler - Aw yiss.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast