BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    LBPCentral Contest Crew Royal High Alchemist Pookachoo's Avatar
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered Created Album pictures 30 days registered 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Pookachoo
    Blog Entries

Default LBPC Eye Candy (Non-Crown Contest)

The publishing window is now closed
    Thanks to all who've entered, we look forward to playing your levels.

Here's a montage of Eye Candy Screenshots from LBP2 and Vita

Eye Candy!

Hey everyone! We’re back with a new contest, not a Crown contest this time but something smaller scale and fun. There are so many gifted artists and designers in the Community and we wanted to see what you could all do when freed from the constraints of having to create gameplay. So this contest is intended to showcase that artistic talent.

Create a scene, purely visual without any gameplay. Use a single camera to show the entire scene all at once. Design your scene with maximum attention to detail - this is a chance to spend the entire thermometer on just a small area! This contest is for both LBP2 and LBP Vita entries. An LBPC pin and a $20 PSN card (or its nearest equivalent in other currencies) will be awarded to the winner of each category (i.e. LBP2 and Vita).

Chose from one of the following themes and let your imagination run wild:

- Architecture
    - Fantasy
    - Historical
    - Industrial
    - Mythology
    - Nature
    - Silhouette
    - Space

Updates

A level without gameplay: You are allowed to have the player spawn and then walk a short distance to reach the scene, however this should be very simple and we will only judge the fixed camera scene.
    Also, the player can automatically enter a Controllinator seat. This can be made invisible if you don't want the player to be seen at all.
    Or, you can make the level a Cutscene. This way the player won't even spawn.

Moving parts: The scene can have some movement. Say you wanted to put a flock of birds flying by in the background, that would be fine. There is no point putting in movement just for the sake of it though, if you use it, try and make it add something to your scene.

What we're looking for is for you guys to go all out on detail and atmosphere here. You are unlikely to have to worry about thermo so think about all those little touches you could put in. They will all add up to creating a 'Living Scene'.

Rules

• Create an original previously unpublished level based on one of the contest themes.

• The level should not have any gameplay (except walking a very short distance to reach the scene).

• One fixed camera showing the entire scene

• All entries must be playable in either LittleBigPlanet 2 OR LittleBigPlanet Vita.

• You can only enter one level. This means you must choose to enter either an LBP2 or a Vita entry NOT BOTH.

• Publish your levels by 11.55 pm GMT on Sunday November 17th and include the text “(LBPC Eye Candy)” in the title of the level

• Post LBP.me links to your levels in this thread, so we’re sure not to miss them!

• You can only submit one entry.

• After the deadline, do not republish. Levels republished after the deadline will be disqualified. Exceptions may be made for quick fixes with respect to level titles, description, badges, but only with the prior consent of the contest crew. If you need to request an edit, please post in this thread and send me a PM.

• Last but not least, have fun, play fair and respect other creators, LBPC members, Judges and Staff! (Contestants banned from LBPC at any time during the period of the contest are automatically disqualified from it)

Also a little Handy FAQ for you all

Q: Can I enter a previously published level?
    A: No.

Q: Can I enter a level I already have on my moon, but hasn't yet been published?
    A: Yes.

Q: Once I've published my entry, can I republish it?
    A: You can republish it during the publishing window as many times as you like, but mustn't republish after the deadline.

Q: When will the judging begin?
    A: The judges may take a look at some levels prior to the deadline, but the judging proper will not begin until after the deadline.

Q: When will the results be posted?
    A: We can't really give any accurate answer to this, but it will be no more than a month after the judging begins.
    LBPC Contest Crew

• biorogue • Dav1d0 • Jauw • Pookachoo • Shadowriver • shropshirelass • thespacemonkey187
    Last edited by Pookachoo; 11-24-2013 at 07:00 PM. Reason: added link for screenshot montage

I would maybe take part in it if I have enough time for this

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 282
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Sandro8708
    Blog Entries

I will try it that sounds really funny!

The beauty of this one is that it should be quite quick to build. Hours / days rather than days / weeks

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 902
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    M3-457
    Blog Entries

I have two questions:

1. What do you mean by silhouette?

2. Do biomes (scientific word for environments) count under nature?

I can figure that this contest is to get people into trying the 3-D glitch. If that's so, I'm on it!

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew LBPC Contest Crew shropshirelass's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,248
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    shropshire-lass

Hey Apple

An entry depicting a biome would be fine.

By silhouette we mean an entry using silhouettes in the style of levels like this one from thespacemonkey187.

http://lbp.me/v/khxc8v

The contest isn't just about using the 3D glitch. Any kind of visuals would count, even something made using stickers.
    Last edited by shropshirelass; 11-03-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Question ! Does the scene should be static like a picture, or more a dynamic scene with moving stuff, animations... ?

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 1,263
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Too cool! ..can the scene utilize moving objects?
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

The scene can have some movement. Say you wanted to put a flock of birds flying by in the background, that would be fine. There is no point putting in movement just for the sake of it though, if you use it try and make it add something to your scene.

What we're looking for is for you guys to go all out on detail and atmosphere here. You are unlikely to have to worry about thermo so think about all those little touches you could put in. They will all add up to creating a 'Living Scene'.
    Last edited by thespacemonkey187; 11-03-2013 at 06:22 PM. Reason: A clearer response

I'll try and enter too!

EDIT: Is there a limit to how many layers we can use?
    Last edited by theIronHorse; 11-03-2013 at 03:05 PM.
    ......I like smilies.............

| New Mighty Eagle Railroad (Mine Train Rollercoaster) | Find me on LBP2, LBPK, and LBPV | LocoTech Coasters |

I'm loving this idea. For someone who is currently really really short on time due to school, this is perfect.

Btw, any reason why there hasn't been a crown contest in a while? Usually when one contest ends another begins, yet the last one seems to have been the Tearaway contest over a month ago.

7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    shropshire-lass

Quote Originally Posted by theIronHorse View Post
    I'll try and enter too!

EDIT: Is there a limit to how many layers we can use?
    No, there's no limit on the number of layers. :)

Great contest idea!
    Here is my entry. It's nothing special just a few selfmade (animated) stickers out of my upcoming CartoonStory.
    I hope everything is according to the instructions. (14x40 Suqares used )
    [Gardens Theme (Topic: Nature)]
    http://lbp.me/v/qpc393r

Greetings Playe
    Last edited by Little-big-playe; 11-03-2013 at 04:37 PM.

This is a great idea for a simple contest, I love it!

PSN
    shropshire-lass

@Little-big-play - Wow, an entry already! That's got to be some kind of record xD Thank you! The judges will check it out after the deadline so you've plenty of time to tweak between now and then, lol!

Awesome idea for a contest! Will definitely try to enter!

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew Everlasting Creativity yugnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 54.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    yugnar
    Blog Entries

Wow this is an awesome idea guys!!!! I bet there will be some REALLY awesome entries out there. I will prepare something for the Vita, I'm sure of it! Good luck to everyone!

My levels!

NEW! LBPK: Space Symphony (Spotlighted!): http://lbpk.me/v/w62o
    LBPV: (LBPC Eye Candy) Frozen Oblivion: http://vita.lbp.me/v/g6v5g
    LBPV: [VCC2] A Light in the Dark (Honourable mention!): http://vita.lbp.me/v/gvj8z
    LBPV: [LBPV1] Tilt Matters (Honourable Mention!): http://vita.lbp.me/v/eernv
    LBP2: Shifting Winds (Honourable Mention!): http://lbp.me/v/frv0dn
    LBPV: [VCC] The Factory of Wishes (Spotlighted!) http://vita.lbp.me/v/-vpd4

Expect an entry from me! I will have a lot of fun with this, especially because it gives us more room for creativity. Before, I would never finish a contest entry because I couldn't do what I wanted. It was always against the rules. Now I can enter because this contest is a lot broader. Good luck to everyone who enters!

I think I'll enter this, it looks pretty cool. If I happen to win, can you give the money to the runner-up? I don't really want/need it

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 ... LastLast