BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default F4F: Shadow Moses: Site B (SPOTLIGHTED!)

Thegide presents....
    A Thegide and NinjaMicWZ production....

Shadow Moses: Site B

Plot: "Following the events of MGS4: Guns of the Patriots, data analysis of GW's wreckage identifies another top secret project in the works on Shadow Moses Island. Snake returns to the Alaskan wasteland to infiltrate the research facility known only as 'Site B' in an attempt to seek out and destroy a new nuclear weapon threat"

Genre: Shooter/Platformer/Tactical Espionage Action (haha...)

Features:
    - Intense paintinator action... whether it be enemies or puzzles, your trigger finger will be tested
    - Story driven gameplay in an original MGS concept like you've never seen
    - Stealth or Run 'N' Gun action, the choice is yours!
    - 100% custom MGS-style content including gekko, electrified hallways, deadly laser grids, gurlokovich soldiers, innovative sentries, heavy artillery, security cams, and an all new Metal Gear megaboss that will blow your mind!
    - Outdoor/indoor environments
    - Single player and multiplayer minigames for a bit of fun to take the pressure off your mission at hand
    - A totally sweet cardboard box

Screenshots (from development):

Electrified hallway puzzle:

Gekko!

Multiplayer area:

Added 2/20/09:

Shielded sentries:

Platforming section:

Boss fight.... you'll have to see it to believe it!:
    Last edited by Thegide; 03-08-2009 at 05:36 PM.

looking good. can't really say much more then that, but... yeah. Coming along good from the looks of it.

This statement is true.

Junior Sackperson
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Try and Guess!
    Locked in some room with Tony, Billy, Michael, Devin, Paul, Jane and Fluffy

Looks... AMAZING!
    I need to play it.

I don't know if you're accepting suggestions for the level, but....
    It looks like you're using the gekko as platforms, right?
    Well, IF you want to make it a bit more challenging+realistic, why not use sprung bolts?
    So when the player jumps on them, they kinda 'recoil' from the landing.
    Last edited by DRT99; 01-31-2009 at 12:39 AM.

Wow, looks pretty sweet so far. It looks very Shadow Mosesy from the screen shots.
    Past Projects: Temple of Sun and Moon, H.A.T.E., H.A.T.E._2
    Current Project: None
    Backburner: Project Shipwreck (Working Title)

Looks very good!! Cannot wait to try, thanks for the sneek peek.
    http://www.forumbars.co.uk][IMG]http://www.forumbars.co.uk/data/media/5/1049.gif

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Thegide
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DRT99 View Post
    Looks... AMAZING!
    I need to play it.

I don't know if you're accepting suggestions for the level, but....
    It looks like you're using the gekko as platforms, right?
    Well, IF you want to make it a bit more challenging+realistic, why not use sprung bolts?
    So when the player jumps on them, they kinda 'recoil' from the landing.
    And what if I told you they were more than just platforms already

...moo.

Metal GEAR?!! It's capable of launching a nuclear weapon from any place on the face of the earth....if it fell into the wrong hands.....

Junior Sackperson
    PSN
    Try and Guess!

Quote Originally Posted by Thegide View Post
    And what if I told you they were more than just platforms already

...moo.
    ok then, Just that I saw the platform to the right, and no visible forms of Motion or power on them, with the electricity underneath, so I thought you'd just have to jump on gekko to get past the area.
    Obviously I've done something wrong! Don't know what to jump on anymore lol!

PSN
    Thegide
    Blog Entries

See, therein lies their beauty.

They LOOK like they do nothing. In fact, this assumption is scripted into the story. I won't ruin the surprise, but let's just say you're in for a bit of a surprise

Ninja is putting his flair to pimp up the boss right now. I haven't seen what he's been working on, I only sent him a partially functional skeleton. I do know that this is going to be spectacular!

I went ahead and put in the old MGS1 disc last night and got a few more ideas to finish the level off, as well as some styling ideas. As you can tell from the screencaps, I haven't done much with the level visually yet, and won't until the basic gameplay is secured. But for those of you that have played "The Idol of Palancthar," I think you know what kind of visual treat you're in for.

A few ideas are being tossed around now to make dwarf gekko, though due to their small size and relatively complex nature, I'm not sure if they will make it into the build.

I never expected to put so many hours into this one, but I finally got my creator's trophy on the weekend, and now the desire for quantity over quality is subsided. I don't care if this takes 200 hours, it's going to have to meet ridiculously high expectations ^^

Aww geez. Never got to get in there and help play test with you the other night... need to do that sometime.

Looks awesome.
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

Junior Sackperson
    PSN
    Try and Guess!

AUGH!
    Now mewants to know what gekkos Do!

PSN
    Thegide
    Blog Entries

Big updates...

After two months working on this on and off, I'm almost done. Some major progress in the last week has allowed me to finish off the level pathing and start detailing. Most of the lighting is done, and short of some work on the boss room, a few things to breakproof, sound fx, and some difficulty balancing, this thing is ready to roll out in beta form.

Ninja and I have put together a mind-blowing mech boss for you guys. Easily a week alone was spent in its design. If you're not impressed by it, I'll eat my Sixaxis...

I'm running about 3 bars shy of a maxed thermo even with extensive detailing already in place. I can count over 25 enemies & sentries through the pathing, so you'll have no trouble keeping your trigger finger happy. The gameplay is at your discretion - you can run n' gun and reap the rewards of bonus points from defeating enemies (at greater risk), or you can stealth your way through.

There are a couple of minigames to enjoy along the way, both 1-player and 2-player. You'll have to go hunting for secrets to gain access to one of them though.

Several platforming sections keep the gameplay fresh, though many still incorporate paintinator use.

I'll try to add some more pictures today, though I don't want to spoil all the fun.

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

I finally got to play through what you have added in the last couple days, Gide... it looks amazing. A beautiful level, despite it's cold, metallic and geometric layout and design - trust me guys, this level is a work of mechanical art and when you see the boss we designed, your mind will be absolutely blown. Nothing else that anyone has published is even remotely close to it... of course, I do have some tricks up the old sleeve for future projects as always
    Last edited by NinjaMicWZ; 02-19-2009 at 08:15 PM.

14. Thanks!

PSN
    Thegide
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMicWZ View Post
    I finally got to play through what you have added in the last couple days, Gide... it looks amazing. A beautiful level, despite it's cold, metallic and geometric layout and design - trust me guys, this level is a work of mechanical art and when you see the boss we designed, your mind will be absolutely blown. Nothing else that anyone has published is even remotely close to it... of course, I do have some tricks up the old sleeve for future projects as always
    Thanks Ninja. I'm glad your connection was finally able to hold up long enough to get through it. I'm still not done playing with the layout of the final sections, but I won't disappoint.

It was really unnerving to try to build something so geometric as you say. I felt very constricted at first trying something like this and as you've seen, its taken a long time for me to figure out how to work with this type of environment. This is definitely a first time for me, and it's easy to second guess myself when I see levels like the "from siberia with love" series.

Right now the big question on my mind is how FUN is it? I tend to become so involved in my designs that I get desensitized to my own work and I find it hard to be objective. On the visual appeal side of things, no problem, but in terms of gameplay, I never really get "wowed" by my own stuff. I suppose this is because I spend so much time seeing it slowly develop as a creation it never gets to hit me all at once.

Now's the time for last-minute input... improvements, additions, criticisms, you name it. Brutal honesty on what's great and what sucks. I've got a laundry list of small fixes and such that need to be done, but I want to make sure that as far as entertainment goes, we're right on the money.

Anyways, you have my total gratitude for all the help and you know who to ask if you ever are looking for some help in return! Thanks man!

Looks pretty schweet!

Did you get the Gekkos to move? I'm working on that right now, using the same kind of technology as the guy that made the really good walking REX. So far, I've gotten nowhere due to the length of the legs.
    PSN: rhansen2

Credit to Arnaldo17

PLEASE check out my epic new Toyota Prius level!: Prius_Eco Adventure
    Every play and heart helps me out a lot! Thanks!
    (Also, it's actually good so there ya go.)

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

Funny you should mention the "really good REX" - I showed celteen (the guy who created it) the Metal Gear I made before sending it to TheGide to improve on, and his reaction was "Jesus Christ!"

PSN
    Thegide
    Blog Entries

Closed beta is up. I need a couple of people for playtesters. PM or PSN me if you're interested in helping out.

New pics added 2/20, they're on the front page.

my feedback man...

this level is absolutely beautiful. its difficulty is challenging and its my kind of level...and thats a bad thing.... and im dead serious!

i compare this level's current difficulty, is on par to my Metal Gear Karas' "previous Difficulty"... and im telling you now your level even with its well designed aesthetic environtment... your going to get alot of complaints because its hard, i can already see your tags the same as mine when it got its first 200+ plays frustrating and tricky.

thats why my level is at its current state, having a big brilliant tag, you'll also see complaints and such in it... and it took me awhile to finally change my mind and make it easier... i even have a SUPER EASY MODE Continuation even now.. lol!

now here are my suggestions... and im telling you these will come up eventually if you dont fix em.

take all of your checkpoints and turn them into double life ones. also the laser beams that you have to go through, i used up 2 lives there and i could already tell many people losing all of their lives in it. widen them up a bit.

the rotating platforms that you have to shoot are quite challenging... slow em a bit.

your search lights are a little too fast.

after getting the electrified floors fixed--- the stairs up leads you to a big room wih a search light, but the stairs can cause you to change planes to where you get put all the way in the back where the search light is, which may cause you to be seen... and die.

youre talking tool seems off in some of your text bubbles, they fade before i get to see them.

end of suggestions...

your pluses....

like i said your level looks really good every component youve added fits.. i see you've used your elevator and your tweakable laser, nicely done man.

your METAL GEAR ZERO is stunning and towering, its also multi-staged as mine... i know youve had people help you with this but its brilliant work man.. i recommend this to skilled action gamers..

but at its current difficulty... youll end up getting complaints from novice to casual platformers.

goodluck buddy!
    My latest level! http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11608
    PSN ID --- graygoose--- Current Project The Count of St. Claire Island

20. Thanks!

oh btw i know its closed beta, but i hearted anyway since i like the challenge.
    My latest level! http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11608
    PSN ID --- graygoose--- Current Project The Count of St. Claire Island

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    StuPaton123
    Floating around in a tin can, far above the world.
    Blog Entries

wow looks greeat but i wanna know who the boss is lol i have a rough guess...

Well, I'm back for a while. Making some more sigs for people and such. So, just sent requests my way.
    Still getting back into sig making, so bare with me a bit ^^'
    Current Project(/s):
    New band - Bad Mother Folkers
    Level(/s) - Music/Concert related level.
    Top-Shot Plane fighter game.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast