BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default LBPC Contest #12 - The Flip Side! (Update: Crown prize for LBP2 and Vita)

Update: The Play Contest for LBPC12 has launched: http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...!-Play-Contest!

THE FLIP SIDE!

Hey everyone! We’re back with a new contest for you. Before we get into the details, though, we’d like to say farewell to thespacemonkey187 who is leaving the Crew to “spend more time with his family” In his case, though, it’s true as the birth of his daughter means he has his hands full for a while. Congratulations to him and a huge thank you for everything he has done for the Crew. We’ll miss him A LOT!

Welcome to the Flip Side!

Welcome to a world of contradictions, contrast and reversals. Yes, our theme for this contest is “opposites”, where night meets day, black meets white and fire meets ice. Even the contest itself is a double-sided one. We thought it was time to showcase not just the create skills in the Community but the playing skills as well. So we start out with a create contest in which we are asking you to build a highscore level on the theme of “opposites” and then, once we’ve chosen the finalists from the create stage, we want to flip the contest over into a play contest and award a prize to the person who gets the highest scoreboard rankings in the shortlisted levels.

The contest is for both LBP2 and LBP Vita entries. A Crown and an LBPC pin will be awarded to the winner of the both the LBP2 and Vita create contests. The runner up in each category will get a $20 PSN card (or its nearest equivalent in other currencies).

The winner of the play contest will get an LBPC pin and a $20 PSN card.

Create

For the create part of the challenge we’d like you to build a highscore level i.e. a level where the gameplay is focussed on getting that coveted top slot on the scoreboard. This doesn’t mean you have to use race gates, though. Your level could feature bubble combos or cunningly hidden secret point stashes or anything else that will bring out that competitive edge in the players and get them gunning for first place. Replay value will be key.

The theme for the highscore levels is “opposites”. So your level should feature two contrasting elements or concepts, such as red/green, good/evil, big/small and so on. Ideally, these opposing elements should not be decorative only but be integrated into or affect the gameplay in some way.

Rules

• Create an original previously unpublished level based on the contest theme and gameplay requirements.

• The level can be of any genre, so long as accumulating a score is an integral part of the level

• Given the type of gameplay we’re looking for, cutscenes should be avoided apart from a short intro or outro (optional).

• One level slot/thermo per entry.

• All entries must be playable in LittleBigPlanet 2 or LBP Vita only. No cross-controller levels, but wormholes (and other cross-controller DLC) within a level without using the cross-controller functionality are allowed.

Publish your levels between 25th and 30th April (final deadline is 11.59 pm GMT on 30th April) and include the text “(LBPC12)” in the title of the level.

• Post LBP.me links to your levels in this thread, so we’re sure not to miss them!

• You can only submit one entry. This means you must choose to enter either an LBP2 or a Vita entry NOT BOTH.

• After the deadline, do not republish. Levels republished after the deadline will be disqualified. Exceptions may be made for quick fixes with respect to level titles, description, badges, or major game-breaking fixes, but only with the prior consent of the contest crew. If you need to request an edit, please post in this thread and send me a PM.

• Last but not least, have fun, play fair and respect other creators, LBPC members, Judges and Staff! (Contestants banned from LBPC at any time during the period of the contest are automatically disqualified from it)

Play

Further details of the play challenge will be released nearer the time but essentially the goal will be for players to get the highest possible ranking they can in each of the shortlist contest entries. (If we don’t get enough entries in the Vita create competition we may not be able to run a play contest for Vita.)

Creators of the shortlisted levels will not be allowed to compete in the play contest as they would clearly have something of an advantage over everyone else!

When the play contest is over the results of the create and play contests will be announced at the same time.

Good luck to everyone who enters!

EDIT (27-03-2014): Prizes updated to include Crown for Vita create contest winner

Also a little Handy FAQ for you all

Q: Can I enter a previously published level?
    A: No.

Q: Can I enter a level I already have on my moon, but hasn't yet been published?
    A: Yes.

Q: Once I've published my entry, can I republish it?
    A: You can republish it during the publishing window as many times as you like, but mustn't republish after the deadline.

Q: When will the judging begin?
    A: The judges may take a look at some levels prior to the deadline, but the judging proper will not begin until after the deadline.

Q: When will the results be posted?
    A: We can't really give any accurate answer to this, but it will be no more than a month after the judging begins.
    LBPC Contest Crew

• biorogue • Dav1d0 • hyperdude95 • Jauw • Pookachoo • Shadowriver • shropshirelass
    Last edited by hyperdude95; 05-10-2014 at 12:02 AM.

25 CHARACTERS IS NOT ENOU AAAARRRRDDDD's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,676
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CogMonkey_

Sounds awesome! I'm already working on something for DV's contest and the deadline is pretty tight for me since I will be away from my PS3 for 3 or 4 weeks (got to enter on PS3 if there's no crown for vita! ). But no, I'll definitely do something for this. Score challenge levels are some of my favourites (played Hero Race so many times to get into the top 1% haha) so I'd love to try making one myself. And of course I'll play them all too

Good luck everyone!

Join the super cool Sackinima Forums!
    Follow me on Twitter! @COGMONKEY

Great to see another contest. I would just like to say a big thank you to all the contest crew. I had a great time and was sad to leave.

Well done to Hyper too. My place couldn't have been filled by anyone better.

Good luck to everyone who plans to take part.

Have fun with it guys.

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew LBPC Contest Crew shropshirelass's Avatar
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    shropshire-lass

Aaw, thank you, Tom. It was an absolute pleasure to have you on the Crew and we were really sorry when you decided you had to stand down. We totally understand why though, lol! She's gorgeous and, of course, she has to come to first!

Yes, we hope that this will be a fun and simple contest that anyone can enter and have a good go at! I look forward to playing the entries xD

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew Master Snacker hyperdude95's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,070
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    hyperdude95
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thespacemonkey187 View Post
    Great to see another contest. I would just like to say a big thank you to all the contest crew. I had a great time and was sad to leave.

Well done to Hyper too. My place couldn't have been filled by anyone better.
    We'll miss you tom, it was great judging eye candy with you! I also look forward to more of your stunning silhouette levels when you get the chance to make more!

-hyper

Member of the LBPC Spotlight Crew
    Member of the LBN Picks Team
    Main Co-ordinator for the LittleBigPlanet Mashup
    Co-ordinator for Creation Marathon 3: Re-Created
    Co-host of the LittleBigPlanet Playstation Home Meets
    Co-oridnator of the Christmas Card and Wishlist Projects
    Participant in the first LittleBigPlanet Hunger Games
    Judge for many LBPC Fan-made Community Contests

The Console Wars! Dragonvarsity's Avatar
    Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,171
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Dragonvarsity-
    Blog Entries

Great theme Contest Crew, I cannot say I saw this one coming!

I like the idea of the whole part 'Create' part 'Play' contest, really, even though there are bound to be tricks up some gadders' sleeves. Excluding creators make sense, I just hope they don't throw in some secret boosts that only their friends know how to access, as a means to win the 'Play' contest.

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 133
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Sandro8708
    Blog Entries

I entwr it on vita. Since I think lbpv needs more attention! Im not sure if I will finish this. I try to enter :/ But it sounds really cool.

7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    shropshire-lass

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonvarsity View Post
    Great theme Contest Crew, I cannot say I saw this one coming!

I like the idea of the whole part 'Create' part 'Play' contest, really, even though there are bound to be tricks up some gadders' sleeves. Excluding creators make sense, I just hope they don't throw in some secret boosts that only their friends know how to access, as a means to win the 'Play' contest.
    Well, I'm going to have faith that creators wouldn't do that and even if they do, the play contest will involve a number of short-listed levels so any advantage would be diluted. Also, it's worth remembering that the results of the create contest are not being announced until after the end of the play contest. If we felt that any of the short-listed creators was abusing the system to favour their friends in the play contest, that would count against their chances of winning the create contest, as it would breach the "play fair" rule. Still I really don't see this as being a real problem. There are some players out there who are so good that they'd overcome any advantages that knowing the creator could provide. xD

Thanks for raising the issue though. We'll certainly keep an eye out for any unfairness of that kind

April 26 is my Birthday! I shal
    l enter this for sure!

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew Everlasting Creativity yugnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 712
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    yugnar
    Blog Entries

YYYYYEEEEEESSSSS New contest! I am definitely entering this on the Vita side! Awesome

Btw, does it matter if I am now part of the Spotlight Crew? Or can I still enter normally?

My levels!

NEW! LBPK: Space Symphony (Spotlighted!): http://lbpk.me/v/w62o
    LBPV: (LBPC Eye Candy) Frozen Oblivion: http://vita.lbp.me/v/g6v5g
    LBPV: [VCC2] A Light in the Dark (Honourable mention!): http://vita.lbp.me/v/gvj8z
    LBPV: [LBPV1] Tilt Matters (Honourable Mention!): http://vita.lbp.me/v/eernv
    LBP2: Shifting Winds (Honourable Mention!): http://lbp.me/v/frv0dn
    LBPV: [VCC] The Factory of Wishes (Spotlighted!) http://vita.lbp.me/v/-vpd4

11. Thanks!

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew Master Snacker hyperdude95's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,070
    Overall activity: 30.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    hyperdude95
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yugnar View Post
    YYYYYEEEEEESSSSS New contest! I am definitely entering this on the Vita side! Awesome

Btw, does it matter if I am now part of the Spotlight Crew? Or can I still enter normally?
    I believe you can , yes. Any one who is not a judge for this contest can enter.

-hyper

EDIT: Don't quote me on it though, I could be wrong.

Member of the LBPC Spotlight Crew
    Member of the LBN Picks Team
    Main Co-ordinator for the LittleBigPlanet Mashup
    Co-ordinator for Creation Marathon 3: Re-Created
    Co-host of the LittleBigPlanet Playstation Home Meets
    Co-oridnator of the Christmas Card and Wishlist Projects
    Participant in the first LittleBigPlanet Hunger Games
    Judge for many LBPC Fan-made Community Contests

13. Thanks!

PSN
    shropshire-lass

Lol, you can still enter normally...if being normal is still possible for you for after joining the Spotlight Crew

Can I enter a locked level from my earth if it has never been published unlocked? I have 7 plays from testers. Just wondering about the technicality of being published but also being locked since publishing.

Yess Thank you for making this contest! I've been waiting for this so long! I can't wait for more info about the Play contest )

Oooh I really like the theme for this contest. I'm looking forward to judge all of your amazing creations!!

-- Jauw
    Alley of Hollows MM Picked!
    Midnight In Paris MM Picked!
    Administrator of TearawayLand
    Adminstrator & Blogger of SackomediaBlog
    LittleBigPlanet Central Contest & Spotlight Crew Member

PSN
    shropshire-lass

Quote Originally Posted by aratiatia View Post
    Can I enter a locked level from my earth if it has never been published unlocked? I have 7 plays from testers. Just wondering about the technicality of being published but also being locked since publishing.
    That should be fine. As long as it was only published locked

Assuming I'm reading the rules correctly, six weeks seems like a nice healthy amount of time to develop a level. I might be tempted to enter, as well.

Tikaki The Science Guy Tikaki-MooMoo's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 8
    Overall activity: 84.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Tikaki-MooMoo
    Blog Entries

i'll enter for creating BUT there is a another contest related to this, which means... (Hint, Hint)

- - - -
    -Profiles-
    [ LBP2 ]-[ LBPV ]-[ LBPK ]-[ LBP3 ]
    [Now Playing: Coming Soon]
    - - - -
    "Science is the key to our future, and if you don't believe in science, then you're holding everybody back" - Bill Nye
    - - - -
    [Road To PS4: $320]

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Created Blog entry
    PSN
    L-I-M-I
    Blog Entries

Wow how in the heck did I miss this!!!! Wish everyone the best of luck

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew LBPC Spotlight Crew fireblitz95's Avatar
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 162
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    fireblitz95
    Blog Entries

Wow, nice contest! I sadly won't be participating in the create portion, however, I'm definitely up for playing some levels.
    Oh, and Super congratulations to thespacemonkey187 and his newest family member!

"Stay positive, have fun, and enjoy yourself.
    Together, as a community, we will reach our goals."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also follow me on Twitter, @fireblitz95 for my occasional news, quotes, and level announcements.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast