BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hey mrsupercomputer (er, do you have a first name? Super?),

Thanks for your advice on my level! If you play through again you'll see that I've fixed the problems.

With regards to your level, I haven't really got any 'cons'. It had a really nice 'swampy' atmosphere - you can almost feel the humidity, and the boss is great - with an inventive 'weakness'. My only minor complaint would be the spikes, which seem unavoidable - but it's a minor niggle really. It makes for an intense battle - though I'm probably not going to attempt acing it anytime soon! lol.

Great stuff.

PS, what did you use for the door coverings of the huts?

Gimme FEEDBACK!!!
    Newest Levels (click links):Electronomicon DELTA and Quetzalcoatl Rising (Spotlighted!!!)
    Currently working on: If I told you I'd Have To Kill You

Quote Originally Posted by JackBurton25 View Post
    + This is an awesome level. The level itself is good, but as superezekiel said, there wasn't anything we haven't seen before until the boss. This is probably the best boss fight in LBP. It looks awesome, and it's just so fun to beat him. I will play this level more than once just to fight this boss again. And probably with friends too... Very, very cool!

- Most of the things I noticed have already been discussed... I'm with the others on the fact that the platforming needs a bit less of sponge swinging. This is one of the things everybody does in almost every level in LBP.

Again, amazing boss fight! 5 stars and hearted.

If you have some time, try one of my levels and tell me what you think. Thanks!
    Thanks for the feedback Jack! I've heard the sponge criticism loud and clear! I promise I'll try to cut back in the future, but I just love to swing! Anyway, thanks again and I will check out your levels soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogaloo View Post
    Hey mrsupercomputer (er, do you have a first name? Super?),

Thanks for your advice on my level! If you play through again you'll see that I've fixed the problems.

With regards to your level, I haven't really got any 'cons'. It had a really nice 'swampy' atmosphere - you can almost feel the humidity, and the boss is great - with an inventive 'weakness'. My only minor complaint would be the spikes, which seem unavoidable - but it's a minor niggle really. It makes for an intense battle - though I'm probably not going to attempt acing it anytime soon! lol.

Great stuff.

PS, what did you use for the door coverings of the huts?
    Thanks for your feedback Boogaloo. The spikes are avoidable, but I must admit that it didn't work out quite as I had planned. You'll notice that the Boss will stop, growl, and there will be a small shuffling sound right before the spikes fire (at least most of the time). My intention here was for players to have to swing back and forth from sponge to sponge to avoid the spikes. It didn't work out that way though, so I'd recommend simply trying to pull yourself to a position between the spikes on his back and when he fires, they should go by you. I've had quite a few people tell me that they have been able to ace it, so I bet you'll be able to pull it off as well!

And the covering for the huts is the handkerchief decoration. Thanks again for the feedback, I'll make sure to check out your level once again to see all the improvements.

absolutly amazing level, 5 stars heres the crows and prawns:

pros
    +very detailed environments
    +great slime effects
    +great character design
    +awesome bosses

cons
    -platforming felt very similar to the crocodile level in the story mode :S
    -should have all double life checkpoints

thats all the bad stuff i gotta say but the checkpoints is the only thing that i care that u fix, this level is amazing, again 5 stars look forward 2 future projects, good job!
    LBP1 levels:
    Silent hill 2 REBORN (spotlighted!)
    Shadow of the colossus REBORN (spotlighted!)

LBP2 levels:
    Minecraft REBORN! (new)

I thought your other level was good, but IMO, this one's even better.

Pros:

- The characters/village look very nice. It actually looks like a village and not just some huts with a couple townsfolk.

- The basilisks looked great. Grade A work right there.

- I loved the way you made it feel like a swamp. Dripping paintballs, mist everywhere, trees that looked like they belonged, and then of course, the gas.

- The encounters with the basilisks are also great.

- The boss fight was nicely done and not just a simple "hit these brains and you win".

Cons:

- At first, I didn't know that the tree stumps were also "springs". You might want to have a villager mention something about using the tree stumps to help you get through the swamp.

- The obstacles are somewhat basic (aside from basilisk encounters) and I wouldn't mind seeing some crazy ones.

- You never fight a basilisk?! WHAAAAAAT?!!!

- For the basilisk that pounds the ground, you can see the magnetic key where he pounds the ground. You might want to cover that up.

Once again, you made a really great level, and my complaints are miniscule (another fancy word!). Another 5 stars/heart for you. Keep it up!
    I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally.

F4F: Operation: Nuclear Nuisance | Morning Rush | Hectic Hallways | The Dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by talmasca View Post
    absolutly amazing level, 5 stars heres the crows and prawns:

pros
    +very detailed environments
    +great slime effects
    +great character design
    +awesome bosses

cons
    -platforming felt very similar to the crocodile level in the story mode :S
    -should have all double life checkpoints

thats all the bad stuff i gotta say but the checkpoints is the only thing that i care that u fix, this level is amazing, again 5 stars look forward 2 future projects, good job!
    Thanks for the feedback and kind words Tal. The crocodile level was actually one of my favorite levels in the single player and inspired the part with all the sponges, so I understand the similarities.

You really think it needs all double life checkpoints? Was there a particular place where you had trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRipper View Post
    I thought your other level was good, but IMO, this one's even better.

Pros:

- The characters/village look very nice. It actually looks like a village and not just some huts with a couple townsfolk.

- The basilisks looked great. Grade A work right there.

- I loved the way you made it feel like a swamp. Dripping paintballs, mist everywhere, trees that looked like they belonged, and then of course, the gas.

- The encounters with the basilisks are also great.

- The boss fight was nicely done and not just a simple "hit these brains and you win".

Cons:

- At first, I didn't know that the tree stumps were also "springs". You might want to have a villager mention something about using the tree stumps to help you get through the swamp.

- The obstacles are somewhat basic (aside from basilisk encounters) and I wouldn't mind seeing some crazy ones.

- You never fight a basilisk?! WHAAAAAAT?!!!

- For the basilisk that pounds the ground, you can see the magnetic key where he pounds the ground. You might want to cover that up.

Once again, you made a really great level, and my complaints are miniscule (another fancy word!). Another 5 stars/heart for you. Keep it up!
    Thanks for all of that great feedback Rick! I tend to like a simple level design, hence the basic platforming elements. However, you're not the first to suggest something crazier, maybe I'll pursue that in a future level. Also, I will apologize for not allowing you to fight a basilisks as that seems to be a common criticism, although technically, the final boss is a basilisk, just a bit bigger than the others! Thanks for pointing out the switch as will, I did not mean for it to be visible.

Thanks again to all those who have left feedback. I think I've played everyones levels so far, but if I overlooked someone, feel free to send me a pm.

Hey man, I just tried your level, and i must say, well done! the enemies were creative, the scenery was beautifully constructed, a great job on the end boss, all around i gave it a 5/5 and a Heart. this will definetly be one my replay list.

The only thing that bothered me was at the very beginning, where the wind was blowing one way, and the drapes/clothes etc was blowing he other way. that is such a tiny thing though for such a great level. Thanks for the great level!
    My F4F: Trap McSack!
    http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?22387-Trap-McSack!-*Now-with-pictures!*

Levels by Me: Dr. Tecnova's Lair, Jingly Bells, Hungry, Hungry, Capybara, Trap McSack!,

Quote Originally Posted by TJapan View Post
    The only thing that bothered me was at the very beginning, where the wind was blowing one way, and the drapes/clothes etc was blowing he other way. that is such a tiny thing though for such a great level. Thanks for the great level!
    Haha! I was hoping no one would notice! I hadn't even noticed it until my wife pointed it out the other day. It drives me crazy now that I see it, so I'll probably try to fix it in the future. Thanks for your feedback!

I loved everything about it... I keep a pad of paper with me when I play F4F levels, figuring I will have things to jot down That I want to tell people.

I didn't write one note. I loved it all.

I did notice, that when fighting the boss, that I had a much easier time getting above the basalisk king on the left than on the right. The swings seem harder to swing to on the right hand side.

Hearted and 5 stars!
    ** I Use Feedback4Feedback **
    PSN: Dobi6
    PUBLISHED LEVELS: "King O Side" - Spotlighted! - Thread, "Lost Under Glass" - Spotlighted! - Thread,
    "Little Dark And Stormy Night" - Spotlighted! - Thread

10. Thanks!

So...awesome...must...replay...again...and again

This was easily the coolest level ive seen in a while.

Pros:

-Great detail, everything looked professional.
    -Cool story line, it was simple and made sense unlike some of the other levels ive played
    -Great use of paintballs without a paintinator, the only other person ive seen do that is the Mighty Mite Tank.
    -Cool mechanics, the steam vent booster thingys or whatever you wanna call em.
    -Epic Boss! It was a new idea for a boss too. No other boss has you remove its armor then attack it with a plant. Who thinks of that?!? ill tell you...you...pure genius.

Cons:

-The basalisk that chases you, got a super-dooper speed boost when i was crossing the bridge and he dominated me, but that was probably my fault.

5/5 stars, and a heart!

Amazing work.

Im back?

12. Thanks!

Just played this level and I have to say well done. This is a great level. One of the best boss fights yet! I loved the idea of the blow holes also, very creative yet simple. The use of the paintballs were a nice effect. 5 stars and hearted!

14. Thanks!

If you had a way to direct the paint splatter onto the boss it would make it even better. And then maybe not emit as much paint as you're doing now so that you would actually have to aim a little. Other than that I loved the whole thing. Great balance on the difficulty scale. I wrote a comment in-game but anyways I think my level Honeyland is in the same vein. I lack some of the cooler "moments" like jumping basilisks and a boss but..you could try it.

actually 2 b honest theres nothing really bad with this level, it works awesomely the way it is lol i just thought ud want some cons 2 have a reason to totally make it better than perfect... if that makes sense ( im not sure it does lol ) :P
    LBP1 levels:
    Silent hill 2 REBORN (spotlighted!)
    Shadow of the colossus REBORN (spotlighted!)

LBP2 levels:
    Minecraft REBORN! (new)

17. Thanks!

I played this level just the other day, and was amazed at the level of detail in the atmosphere and setting of the level. The final boss took some timing to avoid his horns, but it leaves you quite satisfied of a job well done. I gave this level a well earned 5 stars and hearted.

19. Thanks!

Smile Lovely work!

This is certainly one of the greatest levels I've seen. I love the charmingly detailed depictions of humans and basilisks and the lush, tropical setting that's (literally!) dripping with humidity. The fantastic looks are paired with well-balanced gameplay of matching quality, built with great sense of fairness towards the player.

Two things that I'd change: [SPOILER]
    • one (or perhaps more) of the geysers seems to be able to take you to a secret area if you manage to jump at exactly its eruption time. I found it near impossible to time this jump exactly due to a complete lack of timing clues - I'd have expected the nearby dripping to be in sync, but that turned out not to be the case. Maybe I was missing something?
    • the fabric used for the boss' armour grab points is a bit hard to make out since it's about the same hue and brightness as the armour plating itself. I'd probably try to use a slightly brighter material to give the player a stronger hint at what to do, although I admit that the material chosen certainly is fitting the style of the level best.

[/SPOILER]
    5* and (need I say it ...) two hearts. Thanks for this wonderful experience!

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 991
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    olit123

Awesome! Looks like you put alot of effort into this level.

22. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tameturtle View Post
    This is certainly one of the greatest levels I've seen. I love the charmingly detailed depictions of humans and basilisks and the lush, tropical setting that's (literally!) dripping with humidity. The fantastic looks are paired with well-balanced gameplay of matching quality, built with great sense of fairness towards the player.
    Thanks for your feedback tameturtle! I will take a look at creating some kind of "sign" that the geyser is about to blow. Maybe a sound right before it happens? I originally intended for the player to have to time it in there head and count, so only those who time it right get the extra points. I'll reconsider that though as you're not the only one to have difficulty with it.

I'll also look into your other suggestion concerning the sponge color of the boss battle. Maybe I can make it stand out a bit more without it losing the "look" of the rest of the level. I had hoped the metal latches might be a clue, but maybe there needs to be a bit more attention drawn to those areas.

Thanks to all those who have left feedback, if you have a level in your sig, I'll be sure to play it and leave feedback.

That's EXACTLY what I did - I timed it in my head to get in there!

But I agree - something subtle not to spoil the puzzle. Maybe a little sound right before it blows would do it.
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

Just played this and....gotta say, really enjoyed it ! Great scenery, felt proffessional and really looked like it had alot of time put into it, characters were super especially the thing at the end. Lots of thing id like to ask you how you did ! Smoke effect was awesome, great idea.

Only minor things to say is sometimes the volcanoes were a lil slow ....(ultra picky here btw) and maybe some 'triumph' music at the end to make you feel good.

5 stars and hearted. Well done.

26. Thanks!

Downright amazing. I loved this level. My only complaint is that I kept dying because I was paying too much attention to everything else in your level and not my Sackboy! I will be playing this thing again and again. Bravo.

28. Thanks!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast