BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrsupercomputer View Post
    Thanks for your feedback tameturtle! I will take a look at creating some kind of "sign" that the geyser is about to blow. Maybe a sound right before it happens? I originally intended for the player to have to time it in there head and count, so only those who time it right get the extra points. I'll reconsider that though as you're not the only one to have difficulty with it.
    It may be just me but I couldn't get my mind off the nearby dripping, trying to find out how its rhythm related to the geyser. If it was my level, I'd try to sync those two and feel smug about finding an elegant and simple solution, but as said that may be just me. :)

I'll also look into your other suggestion concerning the sponge color of the boss battle. Maybe I can make it stand out a bit more without it losing the "look" of the rest of the level. I had hoped the metal latches might be a clue, but maybe there needs to be a bit more attention drawn to those areas.
    I replayed the level with a few friends recently (winning you a few more ardent fans in the process :) and found that while you did a great job on the construction, in the frenzy of the confrontation nobody is paying much, if any, attention to these rather intricate details. I think a large majority of players really need a much larger dose of clue to understand the way the armour works. Perhaps the best occasion would be before the confrontation proper starts, because afterwards most will not pay much attention anymore, not even to a magic mouth.

A propos, this time around I found it rather hard to predict when the boss basilisk is going to fire the projectiles and if I'm going to be hit if he does.

Thanks to all those who have left feedback, if you have a level in your sig, I'll be sure to play it and leave feedback.
    Wait, are you implying there are people out there who actually have sigs turned on? ;D

2. Thanks!

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 494
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Takelow
    Blog Entries

mrsupercomputer, you gave us another great level here!
    I loved it a lot. I found the storyline very interesting and let me say that your monsters are the best looking i have found i LBP so far. Purely genious frogs, and so beautiful Basilik lizards.
    The level is totally clean, with not any bug or misplaced detail.
    Perhaps my only cons willconcern the boss. Don't get me wrong, it is impressive in a visual point of view, the animation in perfectly controled and the gameplay fun and interesting. But it take me some time to understand the good way to kill him....Perhaps could you add here some advice (i think something like OCK have done in "The Legion" could be great, with bubble speech poping after definite actions against the boss).
    Nevertheless, a very good level deserving my 5 stars and a heart

4. Thanks!

Thanks tameturtle and takelow for your feedback. I have a pretty mixed reaction concerning how to defeat the boss. Some figure it out very quickly and with others it takes a bit longer. I really don't want anyone to feel frustrated though, so I will do my best to give a better hint as to how the armor needs to be removed. Thanks again for the feedback and tameturtle, your picture you took in the level cracks me up.

I just realized I owed you feedback for playing Little LOST. Apologies for not doing it sooner. Actually, it was my loss, because HOLY CRAP...this is a great level!

Where to begin? Your style seems to be to take a simple design aesthetic and just polish the heck out of it. I like that because it shows patience. My instinct is just the opposite...to throw in every type of variety I can. So where I end up with a tangled mess, you end up with an absolute work of beauty.

Every now and then, you come across a level that does something you haven't seen or uses something in a way you haven't seen. There must've been a dozen instances like that in this level for me.

A simple list of things I liked:

Character designs were superb. The humans were terrific, and the monsters were mindblowing. I especially loved the one that leaped across as you drop down and the one that chases you.

The story. As simple as it gets, but very cool.

The steam launchers were clever. I love that you take a simple game mechanic and integrate it so well into the level design.

I can't emphasize enough how cool I thought your use of paintballs was. I don't want to give anything away for folks who haven't played, but suffice it to say that I am deeply impressed by your innovation here.

The boss. I love this boss. Again, I don't want to give anything away, but very innovative with the armor...and again, the paintballs.

Finally, you do the one thing that I strive for that nobody on here talks enough about. You have clearly playtested this thing to death. Not once did I have a cheap death because I couldn't see something. Not once did I have a bad camera angle. Not once did I die because I couldn't figure out what depth I was supposed to be on. Not once did I miss a jump because of some goofy texture. I was ALWAYS sure of where I was going, and I NEVER had to be told in a text bubble. That's just good level design and polish.

...and it was fun. Imagine that!

I have nothing negative to say. At. All.

Your level just got hearted young lady...and so did you!

7. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure I reviewed this earlier, but I'd like to point out that your two levels are my favorites on LBP. Period.

I always play them when I'm showing someone the game for the first time. I'd say that's a pretty huge complement.

9. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by frizby View Post
    Finally, you do the one thing that I strive for that nobody on here talks enough about. You have clearly playtested this thing to death. Not once did I have a cheap death because I couldn't see something. Not once did I have a bad camera angle. Not once did I die because I couldn't figure out what depth I was supposed to be on. Not once did I miss a jump because of some goofy texture. I was ALWAYS sure of where I was going, and I NEVER had to be told in a text bubble. That's just good level design and polish.

...and it was fun. Imagine that!

I have nothing negative to say. At. All.
    Wow! Thanks for all that wonderful feedback Frizby! And you are correct, I did play test it to death, so it's always very nice to hear someone like yourself recognize that while they are playing. Thanks again for all those kind com...

Your level just got hearted young lady...and so did you!
    wait a sec, who you calling a lady?

Quote Originally Posted by ApellesJr View Post
    I'm pretty sure I reviewed this earlier, but I'd like to point out that your two levels are my favorites on LBP. Period.

I always play them when I'm showing someone the game for the first time. I'd say that's a pretty huge complement.
    That is a huge complement and I thank you very much for it Apelles!

Also, while I'm at it, I'd like to thank BasketSnake for suggesting that I make the paint during the boss fight aim-able. I made that change a while back, but didn't update my thread. I think it made a the boss fight much better, so thanks for that.

I think there are similarities between my bee level and this one. It would be funny to see what we could come up with together once the online create patch hits.

Oh yeah..... BASILISK HIVE! This time there's stingers shooting out of all sides!

sorry... :P... couldn't help it.
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

wait a sec, who you calling a lady?
    HA! Somehow when I read your username, my pea-sized brain read it as "mrs. supercomputer"!

Apologies.

HA! Somehow when I read your username, my pea-sized brain read it as "mrs. supercomputer"!

Apologies.
    If it was a woman, the mean ol' Basalisk would have had a pink bow in it's hair.
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

Hi Supercomputer,

After your lovely review of my level I'd give yours ago. And wow brilliant I first played mulberry wood which blow me away. It's not often you see a plain background. The characters you create are wonderful and the theme throughout is perfect. After playing that I had to try your other level. Which was equally good. The standout scene was falling down and grabbing on. With the monsters jumping out and flying past. Again characters are wicked. I notice in your sig theres no current projects, this is not a good thing. All levels 5* hearted and yourself as an Author.
    Jungle Fun (Spotlighted), F4F: Thread
    Little Big Aliens, Evil Bear +,
    Snowboard Owl Hunt.

16. Thanks!

I've not played it since you updated with my suggestion. Might as well give it a go and see for myself. Should be fun.

18. Thanks!

Such an awesome level. Glad someone bumped this thread.

20. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bindibaji View Post
    I notice in your sig theres no current projects, this is not a good thing.
    I actually do have another project in the works, but I forgot to update my sig. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed my levels! Thanks for checking them out!

Great! I will play your new stuff whenever it comes up. You stuff is great, I already played your level some time ago and hearted them all + you.

Continue your good work

23. Thanks!

I actually do have another project in the works, but I forgot to update my sig. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed my levels! Thanks for checking them out!
    Thats good to hear. Look forward to it.
    Jungle Fun (Spotlighted), F4F: Thread
    Little Big Aliens, Evil Bear +,
    Snowboard Owl Hunt.

ok... I think this is my new favorite community level. So, so great looking - stunning visual design, MM-standard I'd say. I didn't see a single corner which wasn't beautifully detailed. They should pay you for this stuff

I love the fact that the atmosphere is so unique - different from anything else I've seen in LBP. It reminded me a lot of the marsh world in DKC2 (and I loved DKC2 )
    5*

26. Thanks!

28. Thanks!

Cool, then play my level honeyland - inspired by DKC2.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 637
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Ungreth

Very impressive! I loved the visual atmostphere of the whole thing, and I thought you captured the essence of a quagmire type environment really well. The basilisks were very creepy, whether lurking in the shadows or launching themselves at you. The challenge level was just right for me (I completed it on first attempt, but only by the skin of my teeth) and the gameplay was pretty fluid, including both traditional and innovative elements. The spurting geysers that shoot you up were a very nice touch. The boss...well I can honestly say it's the best boss fight I've played in LBP so far. Expertly modelled, well animated, and I only killed him on my final life so beating it really gave me that adrenaline feeling.

I couldn't find anything bad at all to say about this level...five stars and hearted.

31. Thanks!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast