BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 94 of 118 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2343
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 686
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SteveBigGuns View Post
    Level stitching isn't in the game.

Mew
    Level stitching is done via the improved LBP.me I'm assuming...?
    Former Spotlighter, Create Marathon Organizer,
    Digital Artist,
    All around nice guy

Follow me on Twitter!

Nope.

3. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveBigGuns View Post
    Level stitching isn't in the game.

Mew
    How does it work?

Hehe Steve's doing the ol' semi-troll :P it's more the weird phrasing of 'level stitching' than anything.
    Helloz there : ) To follow my few and far between ramblings https://twitter.com/hallm3lbp I also post very random doodles.

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 338
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Ryuhza

I don't know what to believe.

7. Thanks!

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 686
    PSN
    Grayspence
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hallm3 View Post
    Hehe Steve's doing the ol' semi-troll :P it's more the weird phrasing of 'level stitching' than anything.
    Mark to the rescue! ;D
    Former Spotlighter, Create Marathon Organizer,
    Digital Artist,
    All around nice guy

Follow me on Twitter!

9. Thanks!

Dat Role-Playing Dude Rpg Maker's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points Created Blog entry Your First Group 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Xyphas
    Blog Entries

“No longer are you locked by your thermometer. You can now stitch levels together, so your levels, basically, are as big as the hard drive in your PS4.”

Here is the excerpt from developers. Dont quote me before this is confirmed, but level stitching doesnt help adventure games as much--from the sounds of it. It sounds like an evolved version of level links, just seamless. It doesnt expand the thermo capabilities of a single level. This just sounds like switching between levels seamlessly.

This could help in terms of building worlds and exploration, but the real killer for adventure and RPG's especially is not having enough thermometer to handle the most variables and logic occurring at once. Its possible, but not at the expense of frame rate and features in LBP2.

However, another thing that could be interpreted from this excerpt, players shouldnt be locked by publishing limits. Lets say we did have the 20 level restriction, players could make thier own hubs essentially with all of their games inside--and that would just be one level. Not to mention being able to swap out hard drives would mean the amount of levels you can share would be endless.

11. Thanks!

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 213
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Tikaki-MooMoo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hallm3 View Post
    Steve doesn't have any source on this, This could mean he's just lying.
    Last edited by Tikaki-MooMoo; 08-17-2014 at 09:29 PM.

13. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaki-MooMoo View Post
    Steve doesn't have any source on this, This could mean he's just lying.
    ...I don't think he really needs a source.

Steve's biceps are really amazing in his profile pic.

16. Thanks!

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew yugnar's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 119
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    yugnar
    Blog Entries

Hahahahahaha oh I wonder what Steve means... I really hope the feature will somehow make into the game and he is just messing with us

Quote Originally Posted by yugnar View Post
    Hahahahahaha oh I wonder what Steve means... I really hope the feature will somehow make into the game and he is just messing with us
    If you read the update that came out during Gamescom, you'll notice no mention of "level stitching", but there is a mention of "Dynamic Thermometer"

19. Thanks!

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewHome Energy Reactor Mr_Fusion's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 809
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points Created Blog entry 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Mr_Fusion
    Blog Entries

It's the term 'level stitching' ... Just because someone mentioned you can stitch levels together doesn't mean it's called 'level stitching'

gotta keep all the terms correct for PR, otherwise you could cop a review that says 'Much talked about level stitching did not make it into final game'

21. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Fusion View Post
    It's the term 'level stitching' ... Just because someone mentioned you can stitch levels together doesn't mean it's called 'level stitching'

gotta keep all the terms correct for PR, otherwise you could cop a review that says 'Much talked about level stitching did not make it into final game'
    That's kinda what I was getting at. The entire notion of 'stitching levels together' was perhaps just an odd attempt at explaining the dynamic thermometer really, as Baghead suggested.
    Helloz there : ) To follow my few and far between ramblings https://twitter.com/hallm3lbp I also post very random doodles.

23. Thanks!

LittleBigPlanet Community Manager StevenI's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 932
    PSN
    StevenI

Quote Originally Posted by bagheadinc View Post
    If you read the update that came out during Gamescom, you'll notice no mention of "level stitching", but there is a mention of "Dynamic Thermometer"
    Hey Everyone!

Just to confirm that the Dynamic Thermometer functionality and "level stitching" are in fact one and the same thing.

Level-stitching was simply an LittleBigPlanet-ish way of explaining the new Dynamic Thermometer functionality in an off-the-cuff manner during an interview prior to us actually deciding on the final name for this exciting new feature for LittleBigPlanet 3.

You can find more details on some of the upcoming tools and features on our gamescom blog post:
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/...ures-detailed/

In a nutshell though, the Dynamic Thermometer functionality allows the game to only load required sections of a level at a time instead of the entire thing. This in turn allows the in-game thermometer to be much more dynamic since it only needs to account for the currently loaded content in the level instead of the entire thing.

Effectively meaning that you can make much larger levels than you previously could.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 669
    PSN
    Jovuto
    Blog Entries

Maybe "level stitching" is actually called "infinity levels".
    That would explain the category in the tools bag.

EDIT: Sniped

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jbrant96

26. Thanks!

How dar u leek the beyta stevin?! why you do dis?!

GIMME DA KEY

28. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by StevenI View Post
    Hey Everyone!

Just to confirm that the Dynamic Thermometer functionality and "level stitching" are in fact one and the same thing.

Level-stitching was simply an LittleBigPlanet-ish way of explaining the new Dynamic Thermometer functionality in an off-the-cuff manner during an interview prior to us actually deciding on the final name for this exciting new feature for LittleBigPlanet 3.

You can find more details on some of the upcoming tools and features on our gamescom blog post:

In a nutshell though, the Dynamic Thermometer functionality allows the game to only load required sections of a level at a time instead of the entire thing. This in turn allows the in-game thermometer to be much more dynamic since it only needs to account for the currently loaded content in the level instead of the entire thing.

Effectively meaning that you can make much larger levels than you previously could.

You've only done this to make my dephysicaliser chip idea redundant and it's out of order! I still want it though.

30. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by StevenI View Post
    Hey Everyone!

That sounds like a good thing to use for creating levels!

I'm assuming, because the levels only load what is required, the loading times will be reduced?

Page 94 of 118 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast