Hey guys! I just added an intro story section explaining the background to my trilogy of levels. So those enjoying story driven levels should check this out. Also the 3 levels are guaranteed to have stuff you've never seen before, and a story as unique as they come...
Basically a mad scientist and his cripple wife and their red headed brat kid try to take over the world - and yes you get to beat up a old lady in a wheel chair - which I know sounds terrible, but she's really evil, and you want to beat her up by the time you get to fight her. Trust me! Check it out and let me know what you think... I pretty much always play any level suggested to me as well, so leave a comment and I'll probably play your levels too.
Mr Rocket and his Army of Bobs
Mrs Rocket's Robot Factory
Kid Rocket's Revenge
all by PSN: LuckyShot
located pretty much on and around Australia.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Thread: Check out my trilogy
Check out my trilogy
hey luckyshot! thought you were sleeping already? lol...
anyways im just here to help promote the TCs levels ive played all three of them before and might i say... its electrifying!!! lol.
you'll find good platforming and paintinator challenge in his levels also mostly all of his work are genuine and made from scratch and he also has multi-staged boss like mine.
i recommend these levels to everyone.My latest level! http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11608
PSN ID --- graygoose--- Current Project The Count of St. Claire Island
Yeah I had to go to bed becuase my gf was getting aggrivated, but she went to work! I'm still in bed though, thank god for laptops. Thanks for the reccomendation man! Turns out I've been on this site since November 15th lol! And I just started posting today. I think back then I just submitted some videos.
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
- i live in the small yet great Netherlands.
Alright LuckyShot, playing all three parts:
--- Part 1 ---
- Nice custom made enemies.
- Nice boss.
- Speech bug: "young rocket scientest. Should be an "i".
- "At the hieght of his succes" should be height
- There's a few more of these, but i'm leaving them as of now.
- I followed the story, and in the end fell down into that tube. And immediately i got electrified... Might want to add a stop there mate.
- At the boss, you can destroy the rotating sponges, and then you can't destroy him... I think
--- Part 2 ---
- Nice spike ball of doom mini-boss
- I believe you learned quite alot from the first level. This one seems alot more polished.
- Nice Zorb part
- The chase sequence, although chase sequences are cool, your spikeball vanished, it would be ALOT better if it rolled into a hole.. Vanishing objects are.. meh, lame.
- I would appreciate it if you could make your doors permanent. There's not too much time to get past them. But if that's your intention than disregard what i just said.
- At thr production line, where you have to cross those spinning parts with a sponge bit in it. The second one it's roud.. It's a square. And i believe it should be round.
- Wow.. at the spinning part, where you can only see a tiny bit, with a grab switch attached to it. (A bit back from part i said above), you can jump down onto the actual floor of the level...
- If you don't grab the sponge, at the end of the zorb part, you fly further and onto the ice. Then you have to climb back up the get the sponge. (Note, you can then accidenately push it off to the right, breaking your game)
- Died at the boss part. Really weird, and buggy. When it rises, you can get stuck and fall down. Thus needing to suicide.
--- Part 3 ---
- Choosing difficulty is always good. I chose the default setting.
- The part with the red light green light thing was pretty cool.
- Getting spotted really means death. Most levels just unleash a little turret that barely kills you. Nice.
- After dieing alot on the area i mentioned above, i noticed you can go behind the fence on the rotating parts.
- multiple paths. Safe/fast.. hmmm... Went with the safe route.
- The part right after the race was cool.
- You've learned a whole bunch troughout these levels. And part 3 was way better than part 1.
- At the getting spotted part, the blocks that move down, so you can't escape. They move up too fast, there's still 2 plasma balls escaping so even if you're out of that area, you could get hit. If you know what i mean.
- At the boss, you can stay at the left side. And you're perfectly safe.
Overall, part 3 was really good actually And i'm glad you learned so much.
Yeah I'm going to proof read the story, just put it in. The flat part of the round thing is so when it rotates back around you can walk on it. And the doors can't be permanent because they are there to prevent you from going back to previous parts of the level - only been squished once by the doors.
Thank you so much for playing them all - really glad you liked the last one. I did learn a lot
Fixed ALL of the cons with Mrs Rocket's Robot Factory, and improved the looks... Also fixed spelling in the initial story of the first level.
Also like forever ago, I fixed the part of the Kid Rocket level where the plasma balls end up killing you after you respawn.
Basically what I'm saying is I fixed everything!
Last edited by LuckyShot; 04-04-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Just checked out the three levels and boy you've grown as a level creator.
The first one was confusing for me and had a lot of exposed dark matter but the robots were nicely designed and the boss battle - while a little tricky to figure out - was wired really well. The story is complex and a little hard to follow at some points but hey - it's rockets and robots so I guess it doesn't have to read like non-fiction. There are still a few spelling/usage issues in your text boxes but I didn't get a chance to jot them down. The second level was better - but the third one was a lot better. It's really complex and fast paced. I'm not sure why I didn't see your thread for this earlier. I need to finish the level as your emitter block dropping area did me in.
I'll check out some of your other levels later and if you've got threads set up I'll leave you more feedback.
Last edited by Morgana25; 04-06-2009 at 02:30 AM.
sig by chuck_18mp illustration by TheZimInvader
Chroma Stone Chronicles Veriddian's Gem | Pyrra's Gem | Cerrulean's Gem | Irridia's Gem | Abyssia's Lair
Dragons of Myth Egypt | Teotihuacan | Iceland | Greece
Fire and Ice
Sackrificed MM Picked! lbp.me link for Sackrificed
Morgana25 on lbp.me
Don't mess with Morgana or you get the wand
Ok, I went through these. Part 1 I agree with Morgana. Part 2 was decent, but I ran into quite a few cheap deaths (imo) where I just couldn't figure out what had killed me. One of them was in the circle vehicle ride, where I grabbed, it started moving, and crunch.... I was dead and had no idea why.
Now, part 3 was great. I thought this one was well designed and had a ton of things going on. If I died, I felt like it was my own fault. If there was any suggestion I would offer (completely objective opinion), it's that a few of the bosses were really cool, but it turned out all I had to do was shoot a couple brains quickly and they were dead. Seemed like a lot of work to build a boss for such a quick kill.
The third one I gave 5 stars and a heart. Great job.F4F Participant
Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-
I'm transposing this review from AwesomeMan's thread in the review section:
There are always levels I wish I would have thought of first. There's the Tree Fortress series, the best two levels ever. There's Ramp...because I'd live forever in infamy. Then there's Kid Rocket's Revenge and the whole Rocket trilogy, in which you kill entire families. So really you just kill this kids parents leaving him alone in the world, forcing him to take revenge. So really, SACKBOY is the bad guy!
I didn't play all the levels, but judging by the last level, they're all action packed. It's very fast paced and has some very cool elements to it. There are two epic bosses, each boss is good, but I felt that the first boss was way harder than the second boss. The first boss had no safe spots and you were always on your toes, while the first boss I just hid in the corner and shot at his weak spot from a safe distance.
Visually it's pretty good. There are a lot of details (especially behind this cage at this one part) that add to the experience, but my favorite part would have to be the beginning. Kid Rocket is about to block out the sun plunging the world into a second ice age. You get to see the ship actually block out the "sun" and then it begins to snow, and I really do want to know how Lucky Shot made the snow act how it acts, but it probably has something to do with weight and blah blah blah and I don't have the patience for that crap.
The snow effect = WIN!!!
One thing that upset me about this level is the difficulty adjustment mabob. It's a great feature, but I beat the level on easy and the blue guy made fun of me. Hopefully when I beat it on Hard, you get to kill him. This is a great feature in levels, though. It'd be great to see more of these in more levels. Small innovations like these lead to big advancements in level design.
This level is truly one of a kind because the platforming is faster, and that's something that appeals to me. Other platformers have long timing-based platforming. But not really this level. It's all about seeing what to do and then just doing it. And that's a very efficient way to grab the player's attention and get them to have fun.
All in all it's a very good level with some faults in the boss department. Unfortunately it's very short. I'll have to play the first two levels later on . I hearted it.
And thanks for all the feedback on the bosses - I'm working VERY hard to free up the thermo to make the final boss more challenging (on hard mode of course)
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
- Blog Entries
Congratulations on the spotlight!!PSN: Zwoltopia
My Levels: Sir Sackboy, The Accidental Hero: Chapter I , Chapter II , Chapter III (preview)
Other published bits & sideprojects: Leroy Wolfgang (character contest) Proto Droid 2000 (Retro-robot contest)
Be obnoxious, be the first! Join The First Group! | The Caption Contest - ROUND 29!!