BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default The LittleBigPlanet 3 Tutorial Directory

PLEASE READ THIS:

The idea of this thread is to help people find what they're looking for and also to keep the tutorial section free of duplicate threads. Of course, if your solution is different from the solution given in any of these links then that's brilliant because ONE solution isn't always the BEST solution, but this thread gives you the option of checking first. And DO read the entire thread when you visit. Many threads go through some interesting and enlightening metamorphosis as people help address issues to the main tutorial or offer simpler more efficient solutions.

If any of the links don't work, please leave a message to let me know. Thanks

LINK: HUGE SELECTION OF LBP2 TUTORIALS. ALL COMPATIBLE WITH LBP3

The Most Comprehensive Guide On The Internet.

Useful Links

LBP3 In-Game Tutorials
    Official LBP site
    LittleBigAudio
    LittleBigMap
    LBP-HUB
    LBPWiki
    LBP.me

Featured Video Tutorials ~ By Comphermc:

LBP2-Torials 01: Sequencers
    LBP2-Torials 02: Signal Addition And Subtraction
    LBP2-Torials 03: Probability With Randomizers
    LBP2-Torials 04: Sackbots, Followers And Checkpoints
    LBP2-Torials 05: Health Bars And Addition Applications
    LBP2-Torials 06: Menus With Pulses And Time-Independent Movie Cameras
    LBP2-Torials 07: Player Counters And Wireless Signals
    LBP2-Torials 08: Infinite Scrolling And Wireless Signals
    LBP2-Torials 09: Level Linking
    LBP2-Torials 10: Level Linking And Data Transfer
    LBP2-Torials 11: Ordered Inputs And Lockboxes (Part 1)
    LBP2-Torials 11: Ordered Inputs And Lockboxes (Part 2)
    LBP2-Torials 12: Working With Extra Layers
    LBP2-Torials 13: Sackbot Acting
    LBP2-Torials 14: Sackbot Automation
    LBP2-Torials 15: Sackbot AI
    LBP2-Torials 16: Movie Cameras and Cutscenes
    LBP2-Torials 17: Secret Counters
    LBP2-Torials 18: Sackbot Acrobatics
    LBP2-Torials 19: Theck and Thack Sublayers
    LBP2-Torials 20: Feedback Loops (part 1)
    LBP2-Torials 20: Feedback Loops (part 2)
    LBP2-Torials 21: Speed Sensors
    LBP2-Torials 22: Slow Motion Effects
    LBP2-Torials 23: Using the Merge Glitch
    LBP2-Torials 24: Ledge Climbing
    LBP2-Torials 25: Ladder Climbing
    LBP2-Torials 26: Modular Level Design
    LBP2-Torials 27: Implementing Audio
    LBP2-Torials 28: Measurement and Speed + Grid Movement

Video Tutorials ~ General:

3D Movement
    3D Movement - Part 1
    3D Movement - Part 2

_______________A_______________
    _______________B_______________
    _______________C_______________
    Character/Player Features

_______________D_______________
    _______________E_______________
    _______________F_______________
    First Person Shooter

_______________G_______________
    Getting Around
    Glitch: Using More Layers
    Global Settings

_______________H_______________
    _______________I_______________
    Infinite Levels

_______________J_______________
    Jukebox

_______________K_______________
    _______________L_______________
    Ladder - Advanced

_______________M_______________
    Material/Object Features
    Menu: Point And Click
    Movers (Advanced) [Part 1]
    Movers (Advanced) [Part 2]

_______________N_______________
    _______________O_______________
    _______________P_______________
    Power-Up: Advanced
    Power-Up: Creator

_______________Q_______________
    Quest Tools

_______________R_______________
    Randomizer:

_______________S_______________
    Sackbot/Character Features
    Sackbot: Transporting Individually

_______________T_______________
    Tag Sensors: Basic
    Tips And Tricks
    Top Down Sackbot
    Top Down Sackbot (No Head Twitch)
    Top Down Sackbot - Part 1
    Top Down Sackbot - Part 2
    Top Down UFO Shooter: Part 1
    Top Down UFO Shooter: Part 2
    Transfering DLC

_______________U_______________
    _______________V_______________
    _______________W_______________
    _______________X_______________
    _______________Y_______________
    _______________Z_______________

Written Tutorials:

_______________A_______________
    Analogue Signals: Part 1 - Memorizer Efficiency/Binary Data Compression
    Analogue Signals: Part 2 - DC Logic Update
    Analogue Signals: Part 3 - Maths/Square Roots
    Analogue Signals: Part 4 - Fixed Signal Division
    Analogue Signals: Part 4 - Dynamic Signal Scaling
    Analogue Signals: Part 5 - Signal Change Rates/Pulses
    Analogue Signals: Part 6 - Signal Division and Equilibrium
    Analogue Signals: Part 7 - Signal Multiplication
    Analogue Signals: Part 8 - Zero Latency Logic
    Analogue Signals: Part 9 - Basic Maths
    Analogue Signals: Part 10 - Signal Memory/Sampling
    Analogue Signals: Part 11 - Analogue Signals
    Analogue Values: Comparing

_______________B_______________
    _______________C_______________
    _______________D_______________
    _______________E_______________
    _______________F_______________
    _______________G_______________
    Glitch: Tweakable LBP1 Lava

_______________H_______________
    _______________I_______________
    Invisible Sackboy

_______________J_______________
    _______________K_______________
    _______________L_______________
    Ladder - Advanced
    List Of Gadgets & Features
    Logic: Analogue Logic Part 1 - Fundamentals
    Logic: Analogue Logic Part 2 - Sorting & Addition
    Logic: Analogue Logic Part 3 - DAC & ADC
    Logic: Analogue Logic Part 4 - Basics Of Sampling & Scaling
    Logic: Analogue Logic Part 5 - Division & Multiplication

_______________M_______________
    Making Fun & Rewarding Games
    Movers (Advanced): Creating Sub Layers

_______________N_______________
    _______________O_______________
    _______________P_______________
    _______________Q_______________
    _______________R_______________
    Randomizer
    Rotation Tweaker: Absolute Values

_______________S_______________
    Sideways Door
    Sniper Rifle Tutorial

_______________T_______________
    Tips And Tricks (Collection)
    Tips And Tricks: Create Mode

_______________U_______________
    _______________V_______________
    _______________W_______________
    _______________X_______________
    _______________Y_______________
    _______________Z_______________
    Last edited by GribbleGrunger; 12-18-2018 at 10:26 PM.

The Geniuses Of LBP (Please Visit Their Moon)

MMNISKA: Hop to it! - PART 1

The quirky, incredibly imaginative nature of this creators mind is clear as clear can be in every nook and odd cranny of the levels. In these levels you will find creativity on a level you would never have imagined. You will encounter sackboy throwing rabbits, layer changing madness and mini missile sackbots, all wrapped up in a deceptively child like aesthetic

TURBO_EGG_SALAD: Gabriella: The Iron Nightmare

Often disturbing and macabre, this creators levels cry out to be experienced. Although it could be argued that some of the content is immature, there is enough here to suggest an underlying irony. The often maligned cute nature of LBP is shoved unceremoniously through a meat grinder, twisting the inherent aesthetic into something astonishingly unique, and dare i say it, frightening.

NINJA-R: Night Of Horror - Prologue

This creator clearly has an obsession with horror, and although he often dallies with clichés he never fails to amaze. His craftsmanship is second to none, whether it's a sewer, a basement or a rickety old house, you can see clearly how much he loves to build intricate set pieces. From the lighting to the moody music, he lives and breathes his work, leaving you breathless at the end and in awe of his achievements.

TROPICAL_GUNER: Wood In Space

Wood In Space is this creators first level and whilst it doesn't hit the giddy heights of the giants just yet, this level demonstrates a natural gift that can only improve over time. The use of colours and simplistic platforming create a lasting appeal and you can't help but feel a sense of happiness on completion. Other creators should take note of Tropical_Guner, because what he accomplishes here is joy, and that is something even the most accomplished creators sometimes overlook

TAKA061: Wooden

There is something nostalgic about the way this creator works. This particular level puts you in mind of those Japanese wood puzzles we all played way back when nothing was digital and tactile was the order of the day. Cleverly, he has managed to capture the essence of eras lost and presents us here with a level of sublime simplicity whilst managing to enthral nevertheless. This is something some of his other levels also incorporate to great effect.

RICKYYEA: Wish

As is the case with Tropical_guner, this is this creators first foray into level design, but simplicity is something he eschews with the panache of a seasoned pro. Complex and abundant with ideas, this level has you simultaneously grinding your teeth in frustration whilst inspiring determination to continue, if only to discover what other delights his incredible imagination can conjure. Another 'Great' in the making, but with this being his first level, someone who could - and i suggest will - challenge those already at the top of the tree.

K3NDRAKRAY: Elysian Fields - Intermission

This remarkable creator blends high art with platforming and the results are astounding. One could imagine that if Andy Warhol had decided to make levels then they wouldn't be a million miles from what's on offer here. Stylish, beautiful and crafted to near perfection, every inch of his creations draws the eye. I will guarantee that when you sample this particular level you will want to delve deeper into his mind immediately after finishing. Quite frankly this is godly.

TOUKI555: からくり乗り物横町

What this creator lacks in presentation he more than makes up for with invention. The general theme running through nearly all of his work suggests a complex mind and the flare to express it. With puzzles that would have Albert Einstein chewing at his pencil, contraptions and quirky physics based puzzles, you can't help but immediately fall in love with his work. He dares to try a fresh approach to conventional thinking and in so doing delights throughout.

KOKNSUN: Water Is Life

The lavish, colourful, complex and unique level design of this creator leaves us without doubt that he hails from the land of the rising sun. Nothing is untouched by his gift for detail and the artistry that he so clearly possesses in abundance. If ever there was an answer to the age old question of whether games could be art, then this creator provides it. Once played, never forgotten, his levels with haunt you for hours afterwards and broaden your perspective on level design.

FREEZZ-NL : Technix City

Clean lines, immaculate colour and material choices, set this creator apart from his peers. Combine that with delightful design and you are left in no doubt that this creator oozes natural talent. Small creative touches are sprinkled throughout his levels that can almost go unnoticed because of how well he engrosses the player in his world. What we have here is a direct link into an incredible mind and it's a privilege to spend time there.

FULEN: ガラクタの城

Imaginative, immaculate, perfection and perfectly balanced are words that spring to mind immediately when playing one of this creators levels. Just as with FREEZZ-NL, this creator has the incredible gift of putting materials, lighting and colour together in such a way that you can't help but smile at every turn. Objects that would normally be seen as decoration take centre stage here and become integrated into the mechanic with a professionalism that affords FULEN the title of 'developer' as well as creator. If you want an example of how to make neat, clean, playable and enjoyable levels, then this genius should be your first port of call.

KIPMONLIN: Lucky Strike

The words quirky, unique, innovative and imaginative could never do this creator justice. He crushes convention under his size ten boots and does it with such panache that you can't help but stop playing for a moment to take it all in. Sometimes deceptively simple in design, these levels showcase an imagination unleashed; free to conjure whatever it wants and however it wants. KIPMONLIN is like no other creator. He stands apart proudly, demonstrating a brilliant grasp of colour, texture and continuity... but perhaps his finest attribute is knowing exactly how to use sound effects, lending the levels a fourth dimension that other creators have forsaken.

BOMBIRD: Lost In The Depths Of Ice

If there is one thing that's certain about this creator, it's that once you have played his levels, you will have a completely different view on how to create mood. The marriage of lighting, scale and music is so expertly put together that it immediately strikes you emotionally. You will never admire what he's achieved with LBP, you will simply 'admire'. This creator compels you to press on, to experience a beautiful imagination and to pause for thought.
    Last edited by GribbleGrunger; 12-18-2014 at 09:08 AM.

Thank you for making this thread! I will definitely use it as a reference while creating once i get lbp3! That is until i master them all!

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    LOOKaUsername
    Blog Entries

When LBP3 allows people to use PS4 built in capture, I'm sure you will see waves of tutorials releasing
    Figured since reporting this on multiple occasions didn't work, I'll just spread it like the plague

5. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by amiel445566 View Post
    When LBP3 allows people to use PS4 built in capture, I'm sure you will see waves of tutorials releasing
    That's what I'm hoping for. If anyone is going to do this, I hope they use USB transfer and not rely on Facebook. The quality is much better when transferred to Youtube.

7. Thanks!

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 410
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    KAPBAM

Quote Originally Posted by GribbleGrunger View Post
    That's what I'm hoping for. If anyone is going to do this, I hope they use USB transfer and not rely on Facebook. The quality is much better when transferred to Youtube.
    Ugh, screw facebook transfer (hell screw facebook period ). I'm sure I'll make at least 1 tutorial, if not a few. I'll be putting my Elgato to use thanks to HDCP being toggled off In-console clip-saving has been a little wonky for me, but yea luckily I have all the equipment I need now to save footage directly to my PC. I'll be sure to forward you any tuts I make. Good on you for making a directory!

9. Thanks!

Cheers.

7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    LOOKaUsername
    Blog Entries

well I know I will for one, I've been experimenting w/ capture since blacklight retribution, and seeing how easy it is, know I will be uploading tutorials soon!
    Figured since reporting this on multiple occasions didn't work, I'll just spread it like the plague

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0%
    PSN
    Tikaki-MooMoo
    Blog Entries

Really can't wait for the tutorials to come! This is going to be a blast!

PSN
    LOOKaUsername
    Blog Entries

yay, stickied!

hopefully thi doesnt get removed from the final game

Quote Originally Posted by Razortehkill View Post
    hopefully thi doesnt get removed from the final game
    It won't be removed because LBP3 has to be compatible with LBP2 levels, and a lot of them use the layer glitch.

17. Thanks!

Added today. Just overviews but still informative:

Power Up Creator
    Getting Around
    Material/Object Features

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 30 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    alistair26

Thanks again for this. No doubt I shall be visiting it more in the future!

21. Thanks!

added today:

Movers (Advanced) [Part 1]
    Movers (Advanced) [Part 2]

I don't know what he did in these Mover videos but he got a reading of the signal going through the OR and AND gates. I also noticed that 'nodes' appear to have resets now and I can't recall them having those in LBP2

Ininite Levels

There are two new features in the above video that I've not seen before. There's a 'remote tag sensor' and an icon that looks like a satellite dish.

Sackbot/Character Features
    Last edited by GribbleGrunger; 11-03-2014 at 08:17 AM.

added today:

I don't know what he did in these Mover videos but he got a reading of the signal going through the OR and AND gates.
    If you press R2 while your popit is over the output of a component or circuitboard it will display the analogue value and time based graph of the output.

Quote Originally Posted by fluxlasers View Post
    If you press R2 while your popit is over the output of a component or circuitboard it will display the analogue value and time based graph of the output.
    Oh, I didn't know you could do that with logic. Thanks. Any idea what the satellite icon is or what the 'remote tag sensor does?

Oh, I didn't know you could do that with logic. Thanks. Any idea what the satellite icon is or what the 'remote tag sensor does?
    You can also press R2 when your popit is over an object to get useful stats on the object like which layers it covers.

I don't know what "Satellite Icon" you're asking about. Where about is it?

The Remote Tag Sensor is like a normal tag sensor, but it has an infinite range and is a bit more performance friendly. I think it might also trigger without the normal 1 frame delay you get with the normal tag sensor, but I haven't thoroughly tested that yet, so I may be wrong.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast