BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 764
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

I had/ have no problems with LBP3 and since my PS3 is broken, I can't create in LBP2 anymore, but I will try to play your basketball level nevertheless, hoping that it will also function in LBP3!
    Many greetings, Jürgen^^

My only question is, whats your electric bill when you edit mode for 6 straight hours with lbp2 with a ps3, vs lbp3 with a ps4?

You tell me

100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Hahaha, thats an interesting question...omg! I hope that the last black-out in my hometown hasn't been me!

atleast it's not on xbox one, it would cause that electricity problem in the house when you turn on a hi-powered vacuum cleaner. Sorry going off topic, but I could say that lbp2 to me is efficiency and power, and not too much of both. 16 layers is not nearly as good sounding as the advanced mover, and put together it must be something quite unique... so I guess my question is what the thread is all over again now.
    Last edited by Lucidess; 07-22-2016 at 04:00 PM.

5. Thanks!

PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

The question of this thread has been, whether its worth to create LBP2 levels any more? And Nemo has opened it in December 2014! Then I would have said yes, cause LBP3 hasn't been stable and had all these frustrating bugs! And the LBP2 community has still been large.
    Today I would say its depending on the puposes one has! If you want to get a lot of attention and plays and positive feedback then I would say that there is more chance with LBP3 levels! If you simply have fun on creating in the old way, if you love to find solutions for effects without the comfortable tools of LBP3 or if you are nostalgic and if it doesn't matter to you whether lots of people play your level or not...or if you still haven't got you LBP3 for any reasons, then I would say that LBP2 still is a very fine game and worth not to get forgotten!
    On the other hand to me LBP3 is the better game! And since most of the bugs seem to be fixed, I can only recommend it.

Thats my opinion! Many greetings, Jürgen^^

If you own a PS3 and don't want to create levels on LBP3 due to fear of lag or performance problems like glitches, that's when it might be best to make LBP2 Levels imo. Unless you already have a PS4 of course, if you have a PS4 already and want to try making levels I would try it out at least once before making levels on LBP2. I'd assume performance is a lot better.

I haven't created a very high tech game (like ever in any LBP Game.) But I would imagine on LBP3 that the lag in your level would keep stacking up. (depending on system.) Where as LBP2 & LBP1 do not most of the time.

Plus from my exciperence, online is horrendous on LBP3. I can barley get a stable connection for multiplayer online games, (I don't have a PS4 so I can't test it out there, but its miserable to play any multiplayer game unless your playing local.)
    If you want to add me on PSN please ask me here first VIA PM, or else I will remove the request you sent me. I also only own a PS3 so if you add me on PS4, PS Vita, PSP, etc... You would only be able to message me :/.

8. Thanks!

Keep in mind that LBP2 has fewer tools. You wouldn't have the opacity tweaker, 16 accessable layers, the new animations for sackboy and some more things. Though if you can create without those tools you should be fine.

10. Thanks!

Actually yeah that is true, I don't create a lot in LBP3 but there are a ton of tools to pretty much make anything at this point.
    I might try picking the game back up again (LBP3.) and try making sense of some of the tools the game has to offer, like I said earlier I haven't made anything to techy but I'd assume if you did then the game would become very unstable on the PS3 Version, I'm just getting back into LBP2 & LBP3 atm so I don't have a lot to lose anyway if I made something on LBP3,

Although for the most part I prefer LBP2 still, I haven't crashed to othen and never encountered any game breaking bugs.
    Last edited by petethepug; 1 Week Ago at 02:38 AM.
    If you want to add me on PSN please ask me here first VIA PM, or else I will remove the request you sent me. I also only own a PS3 so if you add me on PS4, PS Vita, PSP, etc... You would only be able to message me :/.

12. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2