BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,844
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Yeah, thats fantastic! I nearly had the fear that after all the work on chapter 1 you would need a longer break! However you seem to be a real workoholic! Nevertheless, don't forget to pause sometimes for eating and drinking and sleeping!
    Have a fine weekend and many greetings, Jürgen^^

How do you even get to be a MM pick exactly?

3. Thanks!

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 598
    Overall activity: 95.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Looks good so far. Be sure to fix the despawn of the enemies while fighting them and give them more HP.

5. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mdkd99 View Post
    Looks good so far. Be sure to fix the despawn of the enemies while fighting them and give them more HP.
    I really do that for the first screen of the game "field" area. Area is just too large. Anyway I will not make that mistake again. So yeah enemies will only spawn once when you zone in and only despawn when you zone out.

Area layout a bit different now. I finished animating the ocean waves on the beach and smoke animation comes outta the building now. The flower bushes are done now and I just started working on the bomb plants. So that picture I posted is like the 2nd field screen you see. I just started working on the first screen. The collusion for the first 2 screens are sorta done. There is so work I need to do for turning off collusion for when players are jumping into the water.

So work really was done to setup swimming so thats gonna be a huge task. I'm gonna be redoing how the doors open/close this time so it looks better. I'm also considering moving the Zora Feed NPC to chapter 2 to make sure players dont miss the chance to buy it.

I have some new enemies in mind but nothing has been done yet.

Chapter 1 will get more improvements/bug fixes when im ready to publish Chapter 2. I need to update the chapter 1 anyway so players can access chapter 2 from there.

7. Thanks!

100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

How do you even get to be a MM pick exactly?
    Hi venat,

the MM picks or officially named team picks are given from StevenI, who is the community manager of lbp. The criteria for getting picked are quality criteria and I think also some personal preferences of StevenI! I think that your "Sight of Shadows" is a high quality level and its unique, which alone would already justify to get picked! But you can have the best level and nevertheless don't get any pick, if StevenI doesn't notice that your level exists at all! StevenI is also member of lbpcentral and he is visiting the site from time to time! Maybe you should start a thread in the showcase section, so that more people notice that your level is already published! I will ask jwwphotos what to do, could be that the admins prefer to move this thread to the showcase section instead!

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSack View Post
    Hi venat,

the MM picks or officially named team picks are given from StevenI, who is the community manager of lbp. The criteria for getting picked are quality criteria and I think also some personal preferences of StevenI! I think that your "Sight of Shadows" is a high quality level and its unique, which alone would already justify to get picked! But you can have the best level and nevertheless don't get any pick, if StevenI doesn't notice that your level exists at all! StevenI is also member of lbpcentral and he is visiting the site from time to time! Maybe you should start a thread in the showcase section, so that more people notice that your level is already published! I will ask jwwphotos what to do, could be that the admins prefer to move this thread to the showcase section instead!

Many greetings, Jürgen^^
    Hmm so yeah. 208 players have entered the title screen + field area but only 34 people have even entered the dungeon level. If I add in another field area that number is just gonna get even smaller since you're required to clear the first dungeon to have access to it. I bet there is a very small number of people that has even beat the first dungeon.

Any of you guys beat it at least?

So I disabled popit for the game but I was looking for a way to add in controls+picture camera. That way can see what pictures people take while they play my game. Also been redoing some extra tweaks on the logic on the hookshot. Now it bounces off of walls if you can't grab them and makes a sound effect. Which I needed to add in to prevent players exploiting object placement from different directions. I have done this with some aspects of some of the bow puzzles within the dungeon.

10. Thanks!

7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Sounds great. Although the play thing doesn't sound good. At my level less than 10% have hearted the level. Many people get 0-500 points although you can get 10000 easily. LBP3 players in a nutshell.

12. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mdkd99 View Post
    Sounds great. Although the play thing doesn't sound good. At my level less than 10% have hearted the level. Many people get 0-500 points although you can get 10000 easily. LBP3 players in a nutshell.
    Yeah players don't really wanna invest anytime in a lbp game unless its like it gets MM picked. I think the game might not be even that fun at the start of the game. So its really important toget this MM picked. I have been publishing a empty level with a auto level link trigger to the title screen so it would get more players playing it. That seems like the only way for me toget plays at least. Which is kinda funny cus I found a way to lock players in a auto level linking loop and the only way for them to get outta of it is to close the game. If there was a way to add in a publishing level bot on lbp then it would break the community dive in feature.

14. Thanks!

PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

When a level gets team picked there is a big chance that the wanted audience plays the level and has fun.

16. Thanks!

Link ver. 22.5

Can press L2 in either having the menu open/closed and take a photo. (Doesn't work yet)
    Quite a bit of logic was done for the hookshot. bug fixes and the hookshot tip bounces off of walls.
    All of the UI text is now within the menu section.
    Top UI was spread apart more.
    Some help text was added into the menu section.

Updated:

Link ver 22.7

Option to take photos was removed. (Caused a major bug in the actual game. Froze game camera forever. Plus could never get it to actually take photos.)

Small UI bugs fixed, Layout reverted back to older version.

Extra menu appears while you're in the Equip menu. Pressing R1 brings up the Help Menu.
    Some Menu Quality of Life added ons were done for the text UI.

None of this is published yet.
    Last edited by venat; 04-30-2017 at 10:53 AM.

18. Thanks!

Stopped working on the game for awhile. Mainly because of burn out and the fact that not many people are playing the game.
    Not really gonna work on chapter 2 anymore. I think the best way to fix the issue of players not playing through the game is to change somethings with Chapter 1. The reason for this change is only roughly 1-5% of players are reaching the 2nd level. Pointless to add in more content later on if noone is getting to that point.

Things i'm looking to change are:

New starting location of the game.
    Create at least 2 new areas in Chapter 1 Field Level.
    Change Location of the Lantern.
    Add in Intro Story.
    Make the start of the game linear and block splitting paths. That can't be accessed until the player obtains the gloves.
    Create a new NPC to be placed within Link's house. (Its not gonna be his house anymore.)

Add in the most updated version of Link with the new UI help text.

Because of this change you will not be able to access links house or the town area or the majority of the bottom field area until after you either get the gloves or beat the dungeon.
    Last edited by venat; 05-10-2017 at 04:40 AM.

20. Thanks!

PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

This is a common problem in LBP3. Try to share the level in the forums. Maybe you can reach out to the right audience.

22. Thanks!

Started working on Chapter 1 2.0

Some more adjustments coming.

Started adding in some field area adjustments and bottom start of the game is blocked off.

Some animations are done.
    Walls are done.
    Basic testing is done.
    First halve of zone logic is done.
    Area design is done.

It will take a few more updates toget stuff where I want it.

Adjustment/Changes/Add ons to Chapter 1 2.0 I want to do.

Game Intro from the title screen level
    Blocking off bottom start of the game so its more linear at the start to direct players in the right direction.
    Changes to Lantern Location.
    Change to starting location (reload)
    Start of location x for story.
    History x area spawn logic (Like leaving the dungeon and reloading at the entrance of the dungeon instead of the normal starting point)
    Zone lines for Field to Field locations.
    Text Bug fixes for Milk & Bottle & Mushroom.
    Sheika Stones completely changed. (Will no longer need to use Lens of Truth to find them)
    Removing 2nd hidden Sheika Stone from Chapter 1.
    Removing 2 enemy spawn locations.
    New Field Enemies.
    New Game over location
    Story+Playable content at the start.
    Cut scene after you finish the first dungeon.
    Text changes for fortune teller house.
    Hookshot Spots adjusted. (Pretty much done now.)
    Dungeon Music: Boss Defeated Fanfare.
    Special Content added to the Sheika Stones: Hard Battle Dungeon content
    Zelda Walking Logic.
    Field Music Trigger Adjustments.
    Field Area 3 will no longer have a access point in Field Area 1.

These changes will not effect you're progress. If anything some of progress you already made might not trigger stuff like cut scenes that get added in and might auto-update the world of the game when you return. The dungeon might not get any changes done to it. There might be a cut scene added to it after picking up the dungeon pendant.
    Last edited by venat; 05-11-2017 at 08:20 AM.

24. Thanks!

PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Omg, venat, if I could give you a team pick then you would already have got it, I have already sent a message to StevenI to attract his attention to your level, but there still has been no response of him! But I won't stop to try to contact him! At least he should have a look at your level no matter whether he will like it or not!
    Many greetings, Jürgen^^

So done some walk bits with Zelda and starting to work on another area just before the one in the photo.
    Looking into making the start of the game within the title screen level. Sorta like a playable intro that has no UI or options at all. (Might use like version 3.0 of Link in it.) That way I can save some space probably.

Also did some more animation and testing the walking and stuff and tweaked it a few times where players can't break the intro.
    (Example: Pushing Zelda into event trigger spot instead of letting her follow you there.)

I need to design a horse carriage and 1 frame of Zelda thats looking left.

I might have 2 versions of the intro area. One in the title screen that you play through then halve of it that you can bring the UI'd verion of Link in it.

Before and after warp

Can see Link and the chest in the same spots. Only need to fix the chest and its a bit more detailed then this right now. You will have to pickup the lantern at that chest but lantern doesn't save anymore. It will be already obtained when you play the main level with the UI version of link.
    Last edited by venat; 05-12-2017 at 03:05 AM.

27. Thanks!

Another update

Made a custom link for the intro. It has all its animation frames. He doesn't attack though.
    I had to redo some of the logic for it and I removed all the attack animations. He can open the chest.
    Chest text isn't a issue now. It goes away after opening.
    Bunch of sound effect work has been done to the cut scene.
    Some music work has been done.
    Another starting area has been created.
    Wheels/Carriage sprites been made. (Still need to make the horses.)
    Bunch of things like the ocean/cave/rocks/bushes/grass/flowers were added.
    Camera work is improved so you can actually see the area change during the cut scene.
    Last edited by venat; 05-13-2017 at 07:03 AM.

None of these changes have been published. (It will take awhile before stuff is published.)

So I added a destroyer chip to at least 90% of everything within the title screen level. (This will greatly lower the levels thermo for playable intro.)

Started to add some logic for spawning in areas within the title screen.

Updated the level with some of the new updates areas/new area.
    Tested the barriers that I added in.
    Increased some of the despawn ranges of the field enemies and got rid of one enemy.
    There is no triforce barrier in the main playable version of the new area.
    Changed the location for the new Game Over.
    Fixed the animation line that was added in the field area.
    And more...

Got reports that the dungeon room before and after the "Bronze Gloves" room isn't spawning.

Edit:

Been thinking of adding in passive skills. By removing the Bug Spray icon and changing the icon to something more wide term. Instead of 1 passive skill that just destroys bees I might add a bunch. I'm thinking this will be a extremely useful upgrade for the "Extreme mode" trial Dungeons. Plus I kinda need rewards for clearing it. I do have plans for Chapter 3 to upgrade the Boomerang to a Thunder Boomerang and maybe the Lantern. Noone has the bug spray item yet so its easy for me to change the logic for it. (If someone had it they would have all the skills right from the get go when I release them. Since the memorizer has it saved at 100% value for them.)
    Last edited by venat; 05-15-2017 at 05:52 AM.

Title screen menu has been changed.

Updates & Special Thanks info has been removed from the title screen.

Pressing X after the title screen appears the Update & Special Thanks info.

Custom Link has been given zoning logic & chest opening logic.
    Title Screen level has the playable intro all linked together now and it now level links to the first level.

Need to improve Zelda's NPC still and I think the game needs more of a watching intro before the playable intro.

31. Thanks!

Worked very little today in terms of progress. Little on Chapter 2 and a bit more on Sheika Dungeon.

Just playing around with ideas.

33. Thanks!

PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Then I wish you a good inspiration while playing around with ideas! Have a fine day and many greetings, Jürgen^^

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast