BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
Results 181 to 189 of 189
  1. #181
    German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Points: 88,359, Level: 92
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 991
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,555
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default

    Yeah, thats fantastic! I nearly had the fear that after all the work on chapter 1 you would need a longer break! However you seem to be a real workoholic! Nevertheless, don't forget to pause sometimes for eating and drinking and sleeping!
    Have a fine weekend and many greetings, Jürgen^^

  2. #182

    Default

    How do you even get to be a MM pick exactly?

  3. Thanks!


  4. #183

    Default

    Looks good so far. Be sure to fix the despawn of the enemies while fighting them and give them more HP.

  5. Thanks!


  6. #184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdkd99 View Post
    Looks good so far. Be sure to fix the despawn of the enemies while fighting them and give them more HP.
    I really do that for the first screen of the game "field" area. Area is just too large. Anyway I will not make that mistake again. So yeah enemies will only spawn once when you zone in and only despawn when you zone out.

    Area layout a bit different now. I finished animating the ocean waves on the beach and smoke animation comes outta the building now. The flower bushes are done now and I just started working on the bomb plants. So that picture I posted is like the 2nd field screen you see. I just started working on the first screen. The collusion for the first 2 screens are sorta done. There is so work I need to do for turning off collusion for when players are jumping into the water.

    So work really was done to setup swimming so thats gonna be a huge task. I'm gonna be redoing how the doors open/close this time so it looks better. I'm also considering moving the Zora Feed NPC to chapter 2 to make sure players dont miss the chance to buy it.

    I have some new enemies in mind but nothing has been done yet.

    Chapter 1 will get more improvements/bug fixes when im ready to publish Chapter 2. I need to update the chapter 1 anyway so players can access chapter 2 from there.

  7. Thanks!


  8. #185
    German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Points: 88,359, Level: 92
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 991
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,555
    Blog Entries
    19

    Default

    How do you even get to be a MM pick exactly?
    Hi venat,

    the MM picks or officially named team picks are given from StevenI, who is the community manager of lbp. The criteria for getting picked are quality criteria and I think also some personal preferences of StevenI! I think that your "Sight of Shadows" is a high quality level and its unique, which alone would already justify to get picked! But you can have the best level and nevertheless don't get any pick, if StevenI doesn't notice that your level exists at all! StevenI is also member of lbpcentral and he is visiting the site from time to time! Maybe you should start a thread in the showcase section, so that more people notice that your level is already published! I will ask jwwphotos what to do, could be that the admins prefer to move this thread to the showcase section instead!

    Many greetings, Jürgen^^

  9. #186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSack View Post
    Hi venat,

    the MM picks or officially named team picks are given from StevenI, who is the community manager of lbp. The criteria for getting picked are quality criteria and I think also some personal preferences of StevenI! I think that your "Sight of Shadows" is a high quality level and its unique, which alone would already justify to get picked! But you can have the best level and nevertheless don't get any pick, if StevenI doesn't notice that your level exists at all! StevenI is also member of lbpcentral and he is visiting the site from time to time! Maybe you should start a thread in the showcase section, so that more people notice that your level is already published! I will ask jwwphotos what to do, could be that the admins prefer to move this thread to the showcase section instead!

    Many greetings, Jürgen^^
    Hmm so yeah. 208 players have entered the title screen + field area but only 34 people have even entered the dungeon level. If I add in another field area that number is just gonna get even smaller since you're required to clear the first dungeon to have access to it. I bet there is a very small number of people that has even beat the first dungeon.

    Any of you guys beat it at least?

    So I disabled popit for the game but I was looking for a way to add in controls+picture camera. That way can see what pictures people take while they play my game. Also been redoing some extra tweaks on the logic on the hookshot. Now it bounces off of walls if you can't grab them and makes a sound effect. Which I needed to add in to prevent players exploiting object placement from different directions. I have done this with some aspects of some of the bow puzzles within the dungeon.

  10. Thanks!


  11. #187

    Default

    Sounds great. Although the play thing doesn't sound good. At my level less than 10% have hearted the level. Many people get 0-500 points although you can get 10000 easily. LBP3 players in a nutshell.

  12. Thanks!


  13. #188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdkd99 View Post
    Sounds great. Although the play thing doesn't sound good. At my level less than 10% have hearted the level. Many people get 0-500 points although you can get 10000 easily. LBP3 players in a nutshell.
    Yeah players don't really wanna invest anytime in a lbp game unless its like it gets MM picked. I think the game might not be even that fun at the start of the game. So its really important toget this MM picked. I have been publishing a empty level with a auto level link trigger to the title screen so it would get more players playing it. That seems like the only way for me toget plays at least. Which is kinda funny cus I found a way to lock players in a auto level linking loop and the only way for them to get outta of it is to close the game. If there was a way to add in a publishing level bot on lbp then it would break the community dive in feature.

  14. Thanks!


  15. #189

    Default

    When a level gets team picked there is a big chance that the wanted audience plays the level and has fun.

  16. Thanks!


Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •