BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Japan Servers for LitteBigPlanet 3 Are Shutting Down

Hey everyone!

Eariler today. Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia (SIEJA) announced to shut down their online server for LittleBigPlanet 3 which means the wonderful talented creative Japan folks in our community won't be able to connect online. The shut down is scheduled for July 31st, you can read more about it here: http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/o...pcjs50003.html

Rough Translation from the site:

Feel free to discuss what you think many of us were caught off guard by it! To the wonderful Japan community, we LOVE you!

Member of the LBPC Spotlight Crew
    Member of the LBN Picks Team
    Main Co-ordinator for the LittleBigPlanet Mashup
    Co-ordinator for Creation Marathon 3: Re-Created
    Co-host of the LittleBigPlanet Playstation Home Meets
    Co-oridnator of the Christmas Card and Wishlist Projects
    Participant in the first LittleBigPlanet Hunger Games
    Judge for many LBPC Fan-made Community Contests

"SIEJA is pleased to announce" ... Wow Sony, you kiddin' rite?

Really sad to see the main feature of the franchise is being removed forever for our japanese pals

Hope we get some explanation about this
    Last edited by Pulparindo15; 06-30-2016 at 02:57 PM.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 639
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    hyperdude95
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pulparindo15 View Post
    "SIEJA is pleased to announce" ... you kiddin' rite?
    Rough translation.

-hyper

Quote Originally Posted by hyperdude95 View Post
    Rough translation.

-hyper
    I know, it's just weird to see that

LittleBigPlanet Community Manager StevenI's Avatar
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 174
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    StevenI

Quote Originally Posted by hyperdude95 View Post
    Eariler today. Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia (SIEJA) announced to shut down their online server for LittleBigPlanet 3 which means the wonderful talented creative Japan folks in our community won't be able to connect online. The shut down is scheduled for July 31st, you can read more about it here: http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/o...pcjs50003.html
    Hi Folks,

Just to clarify a couple of things...

Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia (SIEJA) are shutting down their online services for the LittleBigPlanet titles on July 31st.

This shut down will only affect players that are playing LittleBigPlanet using a Japanese version of the game.

The rest of the world will be unaffected by this and the LittleBigPlanet servers will continue to operate normally for the rest of the LittleBigPlanet player base.

@StevenIsbell what is this I am hearing about Japanese LBP servers being shut down for @LittleBigPlanet , not just psp but all LBP

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew biorogue's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    jester946
    Blog Entries

I don't understand the way region titles work, if they had a different version of the game, say a EU or U version, then they could still get online with it? I'd hate to lose talented people like yu-kamone and all those guys who do the music showcases. This just quite frankly stinks.

Follow me on the twitterz @bioswoop

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 639
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    hyperdude95
    Blog Entries

Well, other digital copies of LBP from other regions will work on Japan based PS4s... So i guess there is a workaround!

-hyper

PSN
    StevenI

Quote Originally Posted by biorogue View Post
    I don't understand the way region titles work, if they had a different version of the game, say a EU or U version, then they could still get online with it? I'd hate to lose talented people like yu-kamone and all those guys who do the music showcases. This just quite frankly stinks.
    I'll try to explain as best as I can...

The LittleBigPlanet servers are not affected by this.
    They are global and service all players across the world.

What is being shut down by Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia (SIEJA) are their online services for the LittleBigPlanet series.

This includes but is not limited to...

Update/Patch Distribution, Moderation, Localisation, Testing, Marketing, PS Store Support, Customer Service Support, etc... For players within their region and only their region.

Whilst the LittleBigPlanet servers will continue to be live; without Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia (SIEJA) Online Services providing such things as the necessary update distribution, localisation, testing, etc... that are required for LittleBigPlanet to run effectively.

It would very shortly reach a point where the LittleBigPlanet servers would be unable to continue to support SIEJA players because they would not be kept up-to-date with the rest of the world.

This is why the LittleBigPlanet server and the rest of the world will be unaffected because those services will continue to be supported within those regions.
    Last edited by StevenI; 06-30-2016 at 03:58 PM.

I also hear the global servers of LBP Karting's and LBP PSP's are shutting down on July 31st aswell, according to a post from Dragonvarsity over at Sackinima. It's only a matter of time before LBP1 gets shut down to .

11. Thanks!

PSN
    StevenI

Quote Originally Posted by gurren009 View Post
    I also hear the global servers of LBP Karting's and LBP PSP's are shutting down on July 31st aswell, according to a post from Dragonvarsity over at Sackinima. It's only a matter of time before LBP1 gets shut down to .
    The original LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2 and LittleBigPlanet 3 all share the same server; so those earlier titles will continue to be supported outside Japan alongside LittleBigPlanet 3.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,031
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    ShadowriverUB
    Blog Entries

So to simplyfy prime reason why this happening is SIEJA don't see worth it to spend money (note this not just text but also voice acting) on Japanese translation, since they don't want to have game half translated they drop update support all together and because of that online support can't be handled. Sadly if you ask me, this seems like solid reason to have.

There still light for Japanese thru, most likely imported discs will still work there as they still get updates
    Tired of answering same questions from people.... answer them down on LBPWiki where everyone can see them!
    |LEVELS: TETRIS
    |OBJECTS: Numeral logic components
    |TUTORIALS: BCD calculator
    |Next project: Paaaaaaarrrrty!... in LBP2

I think the main reason might be all the new support for PS4 and newer games coming out, that SIEJA just doesn't have the money to still focus on much older consoles/games.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,031
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    ShadowriverUB
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gurren009 View Post
    I think the main reason might be all the new support for PS4 and newer games coming out, that SIEJA just doesn't have the money to still focus on much older consoles/games.
    Thats good point
    Tired of answering same questions from people.... answer them down on LBPWiki where everyone can see them!
    |LEVELS: TETRIS
    |OBJECTS: Numeral logic components
    |TUTORIALS: BCD calculator
    |Next project: Paaaaaaarrrrty!... in LBP2

凸(`0´)凸 lol

17. Thanks!

Sad to see the PSP servers, Japan LBP servers and (atleast) NA LBPK servers go.

19. Thanks!

Haven't logged in here for over a year but just want to say this is terrible news. There are many Japanese creators who have been making quality levels for years and absolutely adore the series, and it's sad most will be unable to play anymore. I personally know some big Japanese creators already have US versions of the game and will be relatively unaffected (provided they are willing to repay hundreds of dollars for DLC), but most will be unwilling to go to that length to keep playing. This is really a terrible decision.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveI6v6I View Post
    Haven't logged in here for over a year but just want to say this is terrible news. There are many Japanese creators who have been making quality levels for years and absolutely adore the series, and it's sad most will be unable to play anymore. I personally know some big Japanese creators already have US versions of the game and will be relatively unaffected (provided they are willing to repay hundreds of dollars for DLC), but most will be unwilling to go to that length to keep playing. This is really a terrible decision.
    I was about to mention that.

This will screwed over Japanese Creators, and that's a shame, considering that the created some of the QUALITY looking titles.

I have a bad feeling that there's going to be a huge boycott in the LBP Community like it was in the past.

i really hope those awesome japanese levels stay up in the US version! some amazing levels were created in japan and i would be heartbroken if i couldn't access them!
    hello there! i'm blueblur98! i'm an LBP3 creator, youtube game reviewer, music maker and aspiring game developer. currently working on getting a PS4!

It's been a while since I logged in but I couldn't let such a sad occasion pass without thanking the many Japanese creators and sackboys for their wonderful contribution to the LittleBigUniverse.
    I have enjoyed their levels and the wonderful artistic diversity with which they have enriched the LBP experience for all.

This is a hard headed business decision by SONY but unfortunately LBP is in the business of dreams as those charming game intros allude to...so if you're in the business of dreams which many sensitive creative souls have engaged with, which many children have loved as part of their formative years then you need to handle that business with a duty of care and consideration to those who have spent countless hours creating, imparting a little piece of their inner creative soul to share with others in that community.

Have the decency to extend a longer period of notice of at least three months rather than the curt July deadline.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast