BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What is everyone anticipating/hoping for in Dreams?

So what do you guys want to see in Dreams? Whether it's gameplay, LBP elements, new technology(Like Playstation VR), better creation tools, or just anything you want to see implemented in Dreams.

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

...I'm hoping for breathtaking new visual possibilities, overwhelming new musical possibilities, magnificent new gameplay possibilities...and a dedicated team to take care for a wonderful new community...nothing more!

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

3. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSack View Post
    ...I'm hoping for breathtaking new visual possibilities, overwhelming new musical possibilities, magnificent new gameplay possibilities...and a dedicated team to take care for a wonderful new community...nothing more!

Many greetings, Jürgen^^
    I agree! I have no doubt that MM is going to nail it when it comes to new music creations tools!

5. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSack View Post
    ...and a dedicated team to take care for a wonderful new community
    This is the most important thing for me
    MM is special, and I'm sure Dreams will be special too!

And I hope to fall in love with Dreams like I did with LBP

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 470
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

I hope, that new features will come. Easier camera settings. More space for creations. I think it could be like a game dev engine.

A level has a limit, but you can continue in a new one and publish them as a 'game'. Let's see how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by mdkd99 View Post
    I hope, that new features will come. Easier camera settings. More space for creations. I think it could be like a game dev engine.

A level has a limit, but you can continue in a new one and publish them as a 'game'. Let's see how it turns out.
    Definitely! And this will finally open up fully 3D features that we've been waited for so long .

9. Thanks!

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

I am curious about the creation tools, materials, and such.
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

LBPC Bounty Hunter Devious_Oatmeal's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points Created Album pictures 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Cryogen00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVfeeuuw83Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Xx6F7cEuc

These are good videos that are good indications on tools and other stuff.

I still really REALLY wish this game was on PC as well. So much potential.

Sackperson Sergeant Lord-Dreamerz's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

The only thing I'm hoping for is MM gets to keep the concept in of us being able to also sell our creations as separate products from Dreams that they talked about in one of their blogs.. If they don't I'm not touching Dreams plain and simple. I no longer have interest in profitless hobby work that I don't even REALLY own myself... my creations being stuck inside a game that servers can die-off someday isn't really appealing, and I already spent way to many years of my life learning how to create high quality content in a game that I can't do anything more meaningful with... so I'm not doing all that again unless I have better ownership of my creations this time.
    ~Lets go on a fantastic ADVENTURE!~

7 days registered 100 Experience Points Created Album pictures 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Cryogen00

That is an outcome that is bound to happen for some creators... Which is actually good; somewhat. I say this because I am in a similar boat in working on making levels, but having no real pay-off in the end. There is a point where creators are going, "It's a load of fun. but it's too much of a waste of time." Although, for me, I feel that most of that time could be put towards making actual games or applying the skills to other means.

Personally, I am looking into actually making games. And through LBP, I have had a flame light up and a love started for the whole game development process. Sure, there is a LOT more to game development than what LBP has you do, but it has started that initial spark and has fed into that fire for every aspect. It has given me a larger appreciation for game development and I have researched different avenues, techniques, styles, branches, etc.

Aaaaaannnnywho!

I really do hope the tools in Dreams are similar tot he ones in LBP, at least in the outcome, but much-much-much better and more versatile.

7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Devious_Oatmeal View Post
    That is an outcome that is bound to happen for some creators... Which is actually good; somewhat. I say this because I am in a similar boat in working on making levels, but having no real pay-off in the end. There is a point where creators are going, "It's a load of fun. but it's too much of a waste of time." Although, for me, I feel that most of that time could be put towards making actual games or applying the skills to other means.

Personally, I am looking into actually making games. And through LBP, I have had a flame light up and a love started for the whole game development process. Sure, there is a LOT more to game development than what LBP has you do, but it has started that initial spark and has fed into that fire for every aspect. It has given me a larger appreciation for game development and I have researched different avenues, techniques, styles, branches, etc.

Aaaaaannnnywho!

I really do hope the tools in Dreams are similar tot he ones in LBP, at least in the outcome, but much-much-much better and more versatile.
    I actually have been spending my time getting myself ready to make real games for years now. LBP did inspired me to try harder to get into game development regardless that I've been heavily interested in making games long before it. It's hard to get anywhere... but not being limited in what i can make is so extremely nice. Which makes it even harder to want to return to making levels on LBP... especially as the type of levels I enjoy on LBP are not the most well received types... story focused or long games that last longer then 5 mins, ETC.

As much as I like LBP... it really has that one big hole of not being able to take your works to a higher level. Which is why Dreams might be so much better! The idea of being able to play it for a hobby or take your works to the next step and sell them as a real game or whatever is prefect... I do worry if Sony will allow MM to do it or not... Companies can get a bit stuck-up or odd sometimes.
    Last edited by Lord-Dreamerz; 11-16-2016 at 11:50 AM.

15. Thanks!

PSN
    Cryogen00

I agree about being able to sell games made in Dreams. Although. I would imagine the licensing would become an issue at some point... Assuming we actually get to keep our intellectual properties. But from the sound of it -in both the videos I have seen with the devs playing it and from what others have said- Dreams sounds like a program, more than just a game. Maybe they will try and take the route of other game-dev programs and take a cut of the profits while also making it free. Or, maybe it will be cheaper.

Now THAT would be something to see. A game-software made for the Playstation, that can make games for ONLY Playstation, for people with Playstations. It would be like a thing that would produce exclusive indi-games. AND! With something like that, people would buy better PS4s when/if they earn more money, thus feeding the platform even more. An interesting closed ecosystem of Playstation.
    Last edited by Devious_Oatmeal; 11-16-2016 at 03:30 PM.

I'm rooting for better Logic tools. I'm kinda tired of dealing with analog signals and going through so many hoops just for something I can do on a calculator in 5 seconds. Give us actual numbers and variables to play with! I don't see why it would be so hard to do, heck the creator of Minecraft made a game in which you can code.
    HP/MP restored !
    But you're still hungry.

18. Thanks!

PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

Now THAT would be something to see. A game-software made for the PlayStation, that can make games for ONLY PlayStation, for people with Playstations. It would be like a thing that would produce exclusive indi-games. AND! With something like that, people would buy better PS4s when/if they earn more money, thus feeding the platform even more. An interesting closed ecosystem of Playstation.
    I don't see how you think a game creation software limited to only PlayStation is a great idea... Great for Sony sure... but for the creators? No, no, NooOoo! However yes it'd be better then nothing I agree, but what would be even better is if you could also put your games on PC, being limited to only Sony systems results in them still having a LOT of control over your creations... meaning if they felt like it they can flat-out delete your works on a whim. The more freedom & ownership the user has the better.

20. Thanks!

PSN
    Cryogen00

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Dreamerz View Post
    I don't see how you think a game creation software limited to only PlayStation is a great idea... Great for Sony sure... but for the creators? No, no, NooOoo! However yes it'd be better then nothing I agree, but what would be even better is if you could also put your games on PC, being limited to only Sony systems results in them still having a LOT of control over your creations... meaning if they felt like it they can flat-out delete your works on a whim. The more freedom & ownership the user has the better.
    I was thinking within the realm of Playstation. Like I said, exclusives. I do believe that any game made in Dreams should be on any platform, but then exclusives exist for a reason. I would much rather prefer a 'game/program' (Workshop game) that could have games published anywhere, and that would be in Sony's best interest as it advertises further, but the legalities of it and the coding may not let it. If anything, this game is a testing ground for the idea.

And them deleting it is what I meant about licensing and intellectual properties, and the possible problems that doing so could bring in the future. There's also the issue if you happen to move your idea to actual game development. Maybe Sony will steal ideas and use them for actual bigger groups and make it into a full game, possibly without your consent. AND, you also have the issue of other creators. As we saw countless times with shark survivals and bomb survivals, people copied each other a lot. Some even outright tried to steal whole levels and publish them as their own creation. Is there some sort of committee to determine all this; possibly to choose whose levels can be monetized? Are they going to go the route of 'Steam Greenlight'? Is there a legal team?.....

So many questions.

22. Thanks!

PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

Are they going to go the route of 'Steam Greenlight'? Is there a legal team?.....

So many questions.
    I would think yes like any real game that a team on PlayStation will have to quality control any sold indie games.... And if Sony don't agree to it being good enough then the indie creators otherwise just have to accept they can't sell their product on PS.

I agree there is to many questions.. and that is exactly why I can't get super excited for Dreams yet until we get a boat load of a info dump. I do hope the game will exceed expectations tho.

24. Thanks!

PSN
    Cryogen00

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Dreamerz View Post
    I would think yes like any real game that a team on PlayStation will have to quality control any sold indie games.... And if Sony don't agree to it being good enough then the indie creators otherwise just have to accept they can't sell their product on PS.

I agree there is to many questions.. and that is exactly why I can't get super excited for Dreams yet until we get a boat load of a info dump. I do hope the game will exceed expectations tho.
    Heh. 'Quality control' on Steam Greenlight. That's funny. But then, the sheer number of bad stuff they must filter would probably be astounding. But yeah. I doubt we will get an info dump anytime soon. Would be nice, but personally, I have no major expectations either. The concept that they are moving towards is very neat, but I may just end up moving to actual game development and such. Although, their editor seems very useful for actual level building and somewhat on character modeling, but only sort of on the characters as they seemed a bit limited at the moment. That could change though.

Just gonna have a lookout for the game and I'll just have to see where they take it. If it exceeds expectations, then, even if I may never play it depending on the timing in the future, I would probably recommend it. But time will tell!

7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

I think it could be like LBP in that point. It is on the border to real games, but selling products could be a problem too.

So many fools could copy ideas, try to sell empty stuff, or publish buggy stuff. And LBP counte millions of levels. They couldn't control millions of levels.

PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mdkd99 View Post
    I think it could be like LBP in that point. It is on the border to real games, but selling products could be a problem too.

So many fools could copy ideas, try to sell empty stuff, or publish buggy stuff. And LBP counte millions of levels. They couldn't control millions of levels.
    The simple answer to that is folks plain can't sell anything they make unless Sony approves it. If we can publish our works from Dreams onto PC too then that'll be another story... But even on steam people's games have to go across steam green light first. And worrying about people copying stuff is not a reason to hold the idea back, sometimes stuff gets stolen... that's just life. The people who put real work into their products should be able to make a living off of their work and not be forced into a profitless hobby unless that is what the person wants.
    Last edited by Lord-Dreamerz; 11-20-2016 at 10:43 AM.

PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

A reward? Nowadays it's a team pick, many hearts and sth.

Getting money for the hard work would be kind of nice. But it won't happen in LBP3. I doubt it will happen in Dreams.

29. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast