BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Dreams isn't 'meant' for kids. Heck. LBP3 wasn't 'meant' for kids either. They are games with kids in mind, as in they too will play them, but they also have a much wider appeal towards even adults. Dreams however, is meant for all ages, with a growing emphasis on a more professional outcome/look. Although, I would imagine that MM's goal is to appeal to younger creators to influence them to get into game development; to 'light a spark' if you will. But at the same time, provide a larger outlet for more experienced creators.

And Dreamerz is right in that the process of getting your level actually sold won't be easy, but it will probably be a little more streamlined since making it easier to actually try and sell your game would make sense. It would be a little silly to willingly keep the process and headaches of actually publishing a game, especially if it is making your company money. I am sure they will find a way to make the whole process sliiiightly easier; seeing as how they are in control of a lot of the process in regards to actually putting it on the Playstation Store.

Also, Dreams and games like LBP already have a TON of replay value since there really is no 'end' to them. Content keeps being made (Unless something major affects it), and the quality is based on the skills of the community. The more we share ideas and processes, the 'smarter' the community gets and learns, thus making it better. The only real issue in LBP was actually getting attention to your levels. Which is also a major problem in actual game development.

I still really REALLY wish this game was on PC as well. So much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Devious_Oatmeal View Post
    Dreams isn't 'meant' for kids. Heck. LBP3 wasn't 'meant' for kids either. They are games with kids in mind, as in they too will play them, but they also have a much wider appeal towards even adults. Dreams however, is meant for all ages, with a growing emphasis on a more professional outcome/look. Although, I would imagine that MM's goal is to appeal to younger creators to influence them to get into game development; to 'light a spark' if you will. But at the same time, provide a larger outlet for more experienced creators.

And Dreamerz is right in that the process of getting your level actually sold won't be easy, but it will probably be a little more streamlined since making it easier to actually try and sell your game would make sense. It would be a little silly to willingly keep the process and headaches of actually publishing a game, especially if it is making your company money. I am sure they will find a way to make the whole process sliiiightly easier; seeing as how they are in control of a lot of the process in regards to actually putting it on the Playstation Store.

Also, Dreams and games like LBP already have a TON of replay value since there really is no 'end' to them. Content keeps being made (Unless something major affects it), and the quality is based on the skills of the community. The more we share ideas and processes, the 'smarter' the community gets and learns, thus making it better. The only real issue in LBP was actually getting attention to your levels. Which is also a major problem in actual game development.
    Yeah, I've actually changed my stance and I agree with you. LBP is meant for everyone, and it's a sandbox, it's gotta have something for the younger and old creators. And it's the same for Dreams. It's just that it's going to be difficult for MM to decided if a game is "worth selling", and that could cause some heated argument between players and the devs.

3. Thanks!

LBPC Bounty Hunter Devious_Oatmeal's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points Created Album pictures 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Cryogen00

Quote Originally Posted by gurren009 View Post
    Yeah, I've actually changed my stance and I agree with you. LBP is meant for everyone, and it's a sandbox, it's gotta have something for the younger and old creators. And it's the same for Dreams. It's just that it's going to be difficult for MM to decided if a game is "worth selling", and that could cause some heated argument between players and the devs.
    Well. As it has been mentioned a few times now; Steam Greenlight. It'll probably be an influence on how they 'decide' on which levels would be sold. I doubt they would have a team to actually choose though, since, like Steam, I have no doubts that Dreams will have a TON of people trying to get their levels sold. And, as in real game development, you will always have those devs that can't handle criticism and there will be devs that think that what they have made is actually worth selling. And I hate to say it like that, but if the stories from Steam Greenlight and the stories of how devs have reacted to reviewers is anything to go by, there WILL be some unsavory characters. There is no getting around that. All they can do is make the process of getting the games sold easier, with a decent filter in making sure 'bad/broken' games do not get through.

I still really REALLY wish this game was on PC as well. So much potential.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 470
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Yup. I will order a english teacher immidietly.

If you can start making games after you installed the game and if there is no story, it's a pure game engine. If Dreams features a story mode, it's a game.

If you sell levels/games with the engine of Dreams, it will be a engine, when it comes to this part. If you play other levels and interact with other players, it's a game in this part.

It's both.

Selling creations is OK. Go for it. Do it. I personally don't want to, because its a hobby and I want to keep it in the game.

And if you don't understand that, I will move to england, live there for some years and come back to tell you about this again.

I hope I can create more detailed levels in dreams,I'm limited to what I can make in lbp3.

Journey Rebirth 2 was included in LBPC Community Spotlight Episode 120 9/13/13

Journey Rebirth 2 was included in LBN PICKS 21 9/22/13

7. Thanks!

7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Yeah, Lbp3 has tight limits compared to other games. It's needed though. I wonder if Dreams uses the same engine.

Dat Role-Playing Dude Rpg Maker's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 743
    Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points Created Blog entry Your First Group 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Xyphas
    Blog Entries

I just want basic programming logic like IF's - AND, OR, and control logic like a Selector, Booleans. And of course some way to achieve and display math in the game. Also a way to make cutscenes and add voice acting.

I expect things from LBP2 to be ported over so I am not too concerned with this.

PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Sounds interesting.

11. Thanks!

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

I kind of want them to ditch the whole percentage style and just go full variables. Normal numbers please. I hate having to convert everything in my head. It's not terrible, just inconvenient.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3