BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Oh! That makes me wonder what the camera options are going to be. I'm assuming it's going to be like 3d modeling programs where you set the camera. Wonder if there will be an orthographic view or not. Probably, considering there was the degree setting on the camera in LBP. OOOOooooo! You could make some cool things going on, like pretending you're watching from a security camera that follows the player around! So many possibilities!

2. Thanks!

This is a really good question, and it's something I've thought about so much ever since I saw what this game could potentially do!
    I think what I'd like to do first of all is really try and recreate my very first LittleBigPlanet level. Not many people played it, but basically the idea was that you were an elf who had to escape Santa's workshop. Santa, in this case, being a dictatorial monster using the elves as cheap labour.

So basically I wanted to create something like Abe's Oddysee with a festive twist!
    The limitations of the first game made this a long, difficult chore. And at the end, whilst I was happy to have finished, it still didn't look anything as I imagined.

So I'll want to do it all over again. But this will ultimately depend on how easy the system is to use. I could spend hours on LBP just trying to figure out how to get the cameras to work, and even with the tutorial it often felt completely impossible to get the tools to do what I wanted them to do.

But if this is easier to use, then I'll want to basically build this industrial setting, full of Christmas lights and tinsel and killer reindeer, with propaganda posters everywhere!

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 612
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Great ideas! I think Dreams' cameras and effects have more variety. In LBP you have a limited set of filters, while you can totally control the sun/moon in Dreams, you can edit the colors of the screen, you can pixelate it, add a chromatic abooration effect and what not. And best of all: If a feature is missing and people want it, MM could add it in.

5. Thanks!

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew biorogue's Avatar
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    jester946
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Typhus View Post
    This is a really good question, and it's something I've thought about so much ever since I saw what this game could potentially do!
    I think what I'd like to do first of all is really try and recreate my very first LittleBigPlanet level. Not many people played it, but basically the idea was that you were an elf who had to escape Santa's workshop. Santa, in this case, being a dictatorial monster using the elves as cheap labour.

So basically I wanted to create something like Abe's Oddysee with a festive twist!
    The limitations of the first game made this a long, difficult chore. And at the end, whilst I was happy to have finished, it still didn't look anything as I imagined.

So I'll want to do it all over again. But this will ultimately depend on how easy the system is to use. I could spend hours on LBP just trying to figure out how to get the cameras to work, and even with the tutorial it often felt completely impossible to get the tools to do what I wanted them to do.

But if this is easier to use, then I'll want to basically build this industrial setting, full of Christmas lights and tinsel and killer reindeer, with propaganda posters everywhere!
    Funny! I have kind of a similar idea but with Rudolf. I always wanted to make a "Christmas" level, but one where Rudolf gets drunk and they have to try and catch him and sober him up to fly. Rudolf is flying in circles over their heads and Santa comes out with a shotgun and is going to shoot Rudolf down and so the elves are trying to wrestle the gun away from Santa. A very Redneck Christmas.

Follow me on the twitterz @bioswoop

7. Thanks!

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

I will do a music gallery embedded in a space scenery!

9. Thanks!

I will make a 3D Sonic level. A fully 3D one, like Sonic Generations and Sonic unleashed. Making a 3D Sonic level has been my dream since LBP2. I did make a 3D Sonic level in LBP2 (with its own boss), but the reviews for it were negative. That's partly because the control was a bit sloppy, and the 3D camera was a bit iffy. LBP3 didn't have any full 3D creation capabilities, so I more or less went in standby mode in terms of creating. But I think I'll return to creating if I ever decide to pick up Dreams.

11. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2