BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I agree. I actually found LBP3 to be far more enjoyable than LBP2 on so many levels. It was just lag, online issues, and glitches that brought it down for me .
    Last edited by gurren009; 12-22-2016 at 09:16 AM.

2. Thanks!

I can't left LBP. It has a meaning in my life.

It was unplayable. But they fixed LBP3. Not all bugs, but the most, how I see it.

Hopefully the creators will be there, even when LBP3 is older than 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by mdkd99 View Post
    I can't left LBP. It has a meaning in my life.

It was unplayable. But they fixed LBP3. Not all bugs, but the most, how I see it.

Hopefully the creators will be there, even when LBP3 is older than 4 years.
    Yeah, I'm really glad at LBP3's current state, I think it's really impressive. But I can't help but think how much more Sumo could have accomplished if they just played their cards better.
    1. They could have made LBP3 for PS4 only
    2. They could have had dive-in at launch and made it their number 1 priority to postpone the game until online-stability and glitches were at least 90% fixed.
    3. They could have added more create tools (I know this is kind of a nit-pick, but I do feel if the game was PS4 only, all the limits of the PS3 version would be gone)

And so much more. But I am still greatful to Sumo(and MM cooperation) for making LBP3

5. Thanks!

LBP3 has more tools to create a own little game. A few limits here and there still exist. A normal 3D camera would've been good. And about the PS3/PS4 thing: I think the PS3 deserved this last LBP on oldgen. Like the Uncharted series. It has 4 parts. 3 for PS3, and one for PS4. The next LBP should exist on PS4 only.

But that's the big question. Will there even be an LBP4? If so, who will develop it? MM is too busy developing Dreams, and even after that, they'll be making DLC and updates for it. If Sumo created LBP4, they might fall for Sony's deception and rush the game. Not to mention, as comishguy67 said in a post in the "Dreams BETA in 2017" thread, Sumo was busy with like 3 other projects while they were making LBP3. They won't be able to give the game the full amount of care it needs .

8. Thanks!

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Ninja20101

I know this thread might be old, but I think that there could be a possibility of LBP4. I'd really like to see it considering LBP3 is turning three years old this year. Not that that's old, but just enough to where the community begins to decrease.

I love all the ideas in this thread though!

40+ levels on the Moon...... Only 1 on Earth. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja20101 View Post
    I know this thread might be old, but I think that there could be a possibility of LBP4. I'd really like to see it considering LBP3 is turning three years old this year. Not that that's old, but just enough to where the community begins to decrease.

I love all the ideas in this thread though!
    I agree! I would love to see Sumo continue the LBP franchise in some form or another. My only requirement would be that it's PS4 only, and that it doesn't get rushed by Sumo

Devs need time, thats true. If someone makes a LBP4, I wish him luck.

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

Personally I don't really want to see an LBP4 if sumo is in charge of it again. I think they really missed the point with LBP3, and I wouldn't actually buy it any time soon if they led LBP4. What I would love to see happen is Tarsier be brought in to work on it (though do they only do portable consoles and pc?). Also drop the backwards compatibility and start from the ground up, making sure online works well.

Yes, Tarsier Studios is a good studio!

14. Thanks!

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 994
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by koltonaugust View Post
    Personally I don't really want to see an LBP4 if sumo is in charge of it again. I think they really missed the point with LBP3, and I wouldn't actually buy it any time soon if they led LBP4. What I would love to see happen is Tarsier be brought in to work on it (though do they only do portable consoles and pc?). Also drop the backwards compatibility and start from the ground up, making sure online works well.
    It would be nice to have Tarsier help or work on a new version and yes, they do work on PS4 console stuff. Their recent release, Little Nightmares is an incredible game and I encourage you all to check it out.
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

Tarsier Studios know how to make a game. LBPV was one of the best LBPs. If a LBP4 comes out, I hope Tarsier Studios are the leading developers. What makes me kind of speechless, is the fact that they are Indie devs.

I feel the only thing limiting LBP's potential for future games is Sony. I feel that in Sony's eyes, LBP is just another indie game. That's why they had LBP3 rushed to the holidays. If Sony wasn't in charge, the LBP series would have had so much potential.

18. Thanks!

I wouldn't say that. There are many dlcs in the LBP franchise. Players like new skins for their characters. Sony probably noticed that. I guess thats a reason why costume dlcs still get published. It's a source for money.

And actually I am not sure if they will ever make a LBP4. What could they add? What story is it? How similiar is it going to be? In times of LBP2 the players were totally ok with the dlcs but now many players think its annoying. You can check the official LBP account on twitter. Read through some comments and you'll see it.

To cut things short: I would be really interested if Tarsier Studios made a LBP4. I'd be surprised if they add lots of new content that we didn't exspect.

I agree. I think Sumo-Digital alone can't work on LBP4. I think that if Tarsier Studios and Sumo ever teamed up, they could create a really good LBP4 game.

21. Thanks!

8 developer teams made LBP3 if I am right. If they team up a last time and create the final LBP game with awesome features, I would be happy.

I would like to see a new game. I lost my interest into the game LBP3 a little bit because it's full of bugs/problems that prevent me from having fun. For my it is just not enjoyable how it is since release which is really frustrating But another game, working as smooth as LBP2 would be great

Quote Originally Posted by FreddyFerrari View Post
    I would like to see a new game. I lost my interest into the game LBP3 a little bit because it's full of bugs/problems that prevent me from having fun. For my it is just not enjoyable how it is since release which is really frustrating But another game, working as smooth as LBP2 would be great
    I also agree. Since I was a retired creator, my disappointments in LBP3 were mostly on the lack of a playable online. I feel LBP3 could have had a more stable online if they got rid of cross compatibility with levels(I think LBP1 and LBP2 levels should have just stayed on LBP2) and with consoles(LBP3 was clearly meant for the PS4). Couldn't connect with my friends, so I couldn't play levels with friends, or just mess around in create mode, like we always used to do in LBP2. I also wish LBP3 had a 3-layer mode. The 16 layers, while nice, kind of intimidated me and a lot of new players who were just getting used to making good levels on the 3 layer plane. But all in all, LBP3 was a decent experience, and I would love to see one company or another continue it.

25. Thanks!

I agree with most of your points. LBP1 and LBP2 community levels which are playable on PS4 are a good feature though.

27. Thanks!

Just been catching on this thread. I find this an interesting topic. Would like to state my views come mostly from a player perspective and I have little experience on the create side.

Just wondered what it was that makes sumo taking part in a making of LBP4 should it ever happen, be such a bad thing. I personally see the main downfalls of LBP3 as being a perfect storm of Sony rushing and a culmination of different teams working on the project with components not gelling together between them causing all the problems. I actually remember LBP2 having a fair share of bugs akin to the current state of LBP3 (not the launch state)

Tarsier are a pretty good studio, while little nightmares is great, to me there was quite an apparent lack of fine tuning with it. And with how popular its been blown up to be, and their smaller team, I doubt they have the time to work to do quality work on a big project such as an LBP4 considering the requests, of built from ground up, etc.

I find the calls to drop backwards compatibility (level wise) is up for considerable contention. Yes dropping backward compatibility will make it so that players can't complain about coming across an old level that doesn't work. But at the same time, especially given the loss of good will with LBP generally its the backwards compatibility that will give the initial players a base of play, and would surely be a strong draw point, (brand new game already with access to millions of creations)
    Drop backward compatibility in terms of console is definitely a wise move, and again I personally believe to be a major culprit in why LBP3 is / was so buggy. That said, I just can't get myself to fault sumo or even sony for that matter on this point, just because at the time of release it was still the transition period between PS3 and PS4 especially as a sequel and community based game, it would have equally lost player base from just sticking to PS4. I see it as a lose lose scenario either way at that time.

Back to the main point of the thread, I don't foresee a LBP4 at the very least for some time. Mainly in part due to Dreams. As I'm sure all the creators reading this will know, creating your levels etc takes a good amount of time. At heart LBP and dreams are very very similar and their success is heavily dependant on the community players that actually create the community content. This would make Dreams and LBP4 direct competitors (think COD vs Battlefield or Pro Evo vs Fifa - each owned by different companies so understandable) you don't see many equally spending time on both, players will end up picking one. Sony owns both LBP and Dreams. I doubt they want their player base divided like that, as that will mean they are actively hindering the growth of both games communities.

Just from the basis of variety I would say I would prefer Dreams to an LBP4. But then again we aren't fully sure how things work with dreams. But on the basis that character creation is more flexible I feel like in the long run I would enjoy dreams more, as LBP you are tied to sackboy and friends, while they are fun and the limitations make it more challenging; from a potentials point of view, dreams captures my interest more, just because at the moment the possibilities seem greater. That and the added factor Dreams, has a blank slate to start with in terms of players expectations and impression. LBP4 is more likely to lose out on an awesome creator joining the community with the negative connotations LBP4 would come with being associated with LBP3.

Wow this post ended up quite long

29. Thanks!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast