BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

All these ideas make me drool.................. lol

What do you think about implementing a search feature in create mode? As in if you want a certain sticker, instead of wasting your time digging and digging though all the stickers you've collected, why no have a search bar for it? If I wanted a beach ball, I'd search "Beach" or "Ball" and any stickers that contain those words would be the search results.

Yes the category's for "Theme, Color, and Category" are helpful, but only to a certain extent. I still find myself wasting time for a simple toaster. ;P

40+ levels on the Moon...... Only 1 on Earth. Oops.

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,298
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Omg! A search function in create mode would be soo helpful! Great idea!

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

I actually don't really see how it's that different from what LBP already uses. The material creation already is a voxel-like system from what I can tell (hence why when free drawing shapes the texture kind of flashes). The only thing I see trouble is what do you treat thin objects as? I think just think objects is fine since that's what LBP3 does if you use the advanced in and out mover. Corner editor- I say keep it basically the same, but have a way to change the view 90 degrees (probably in between too, but it's actually not that useful to do that). Camera- I don't actually see much of a problem with this either. The limitations could just be removed.

The problems I see actually need overhauls which is where the resources might not want to be spent are in the little things you mention. First thing that comes to mind is lighting. Using camera glitches in LBP3 shows that lighting is handled very specifically for LBP 2.5 style gameplay. Another thing is draw distance, but that's meh. Then the other thing is create mode camera -not game mode which is actually really good in LBP3 for the most part. LBP3 already kind of flopped with this one imo (though saved themselves by adding a camera freeze button). Create mode camera would need serious work and hiding objects not in use(layer range) would need to be an option.

The main problem I see with all these changes is the complexity which i don't know would fit in an LBP game. Maybe Dreams will be this which is what they seem to be trying, but idk. I haven't seen any videos/footage covering logic/whatever in that game yet. Honestly depending on how dreams goes, i probably will just follow where that leads instead of LBP if it gets passed around developers.

EDIT: Lol, did not see there was another page! I would kill for a search feature. I would definitely kill a cockroach for that.
    Last edited by koltonaugust; 07-28-2017 at 07:21 AM.

That's my point. Full 3D would be really cool, but complex to add to LBP. I don't think it would even be LBP anymore. I think LBP was always 2.5D.

I personally think a search bar with like in UnityEngine could be awesome in LBP. Makes searching things in LBP easier. That is a good feature for every game with customization.

A search would be a big help. I constantly forget where the Sackbot is, and "Where's that sensor category?" Has been said to many times.

In LBP Vita its a little bit cleaner, but in LBP3 with more tools it wouldve been a awesome feature.

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 566
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

I also agree LBPV was waaaaaaay cleaner. I never had to search for a tool there. Personally I think they could combine a lot of the LBP3 tools into one if they were going to make an LBP4

There are so many tools in LBP3, but they could get many tools into one page. Makes it easier to make a custom list.

9. Thanks!

@gurren009 :
    Wow you really are running wild with the ideas for LBP4 haha. I feel like what you described regarding steam, etc, would take LBP4 away from being a sandbox game and more closer to an engine. Again further with the 4 modes seems overkill, nice that there is flexibility, but what real purpose does having 4 modes really have, as technically top level "game developer mode" can do everything the lower modes can. So it seems a bit unnecessary to have 2 extra modes just staggering the progression to "game dev mode" I would say it would be better to have a more extensive tutorial section / reference point for creators to learn more specifics in how to use "game dev mode" rather than creating to extra create modes just to stagger and teach people how to create.

CuriousSack's beta point is a very good idea. Thought Iw oddly say that this would have to be quite long to allow for a good number of good creations to be made before launch.

3D create mode is a good idea, considering the number of people coming up with 3D levels.

@koltonaugust:
    I kinda disagree with your point of "don't see LBP4 happening without a character creator" as I feel like that would blur the line between dreams and LBP4 too much, which as I previously mentioned is a bad thing.

To be honest I don't see LBP4 happening for a while,at the very least, It doesn't look like Tarsier would have the time to deal with it for some time considering the success of their little nightmares series. From their old dialogue Mm are unlikely to revisit LBP they had previously mentioned they had brought all they could to the franchise and thats why they weren't dealing with 3, along with Dreams being essentially a upgrade creation tools wise, they are likely to either stick to developing dreams further or working on another project, which doesn't directly compete with their latest offering. So even if they make another LBP it would for the next generation of console and not around time of launch either, where compatibility /availability for both consoles would be expected. So of the companies that have the have the capacity and know how to deal with it, Sumo is left, but then negative press from LBp3 would hinder any success of an LBP4 coming from sumo.

LBP4 wishlist:
    - Single console only
    - Would love to have backward compatibility, but only if they can iron out the bugs that come with it.
    - More thermo
    - Create mode - 3D features, layer setting (so rather than being thrown into a create area with the full layers available. have a setting which immediately fixes the layers available. Allowing to add or remove as you go - think how rows and columns work when making a table in word for instance. So say you state I want create zone of 5 layers. a create mode with 5 layers is what you start creating in. with a feature to allow oh I need to add /delete a layer mid way.

I kinda expect any LBP4 to be much more polished and less buggy considering the launch of LBP3 they aren't going to want to risk any repeat.

wrote this just before the site crashed last week, lucky I was able to copy paste it out and now that its back I noticed I missed some posts.
    A search feature in create would be an awesome addition! I 'm sure many of us even the more seasoned creator has spent more time searching for something in the popit than they really should have.

100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Considering all the posts in this thread I would dare a first résumé...

...Dreams is a most wanted title for all creative gamers who love to create their own worlds or universes and if MM is doing all right then I expect on release day endless happy faces and endless unhappy relatives, cause communication will reduce to "wow, I tried this and I didn't expect that that would be possible...

...LBP4 has still the potential to make hearts leap for joy under some conditions that would be necessary to guarantee a stable gaming with a focus on a satisfying online mode.

We still don't know whether Dreams will fulfill all the expectations that we would demand from a LBP4! If so, then hallelujah! Nevertheless the development of a LBP4 would also make me excited!

I'd love for there to be a LBP4 someday ,I am ready for something new (Dreams) If and when there is a LBP4 I hope it's not bye Sumo,I never had LBP 1 or 2 ever corrupt on me,But LBP3 has about 9 times I don't create like I used to .Im looking forward to creating in Dreams!
    Last edited by Lbphart3; 19 Hours Ago at 01:06 AM.

Journey Rebirth 2 was included in LBPC Community Spotlight Episode 120 9/13/13

Journey Rebirth 2 was included in LBN PICKS 21 9/22/13

13. Thanks!

I hope that they will have as much time as MM has with Dreams.

15. Thanks!

PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Na,na! I'm not the youngest anymore!

I think that Sumo did a solid job just like Bethesda did with Fallout 4. Though both games have many bugs and some huge bugs/glitches. Bethesda makes those mistakes because thats kind of their style. Sumo Digital had many bugs/problems in LBP3 because Sony rushed the release. I have seen that a few times. For example Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified, Battlefield 4 and some others.

And to be honest: I dont like it when game franchises get thrown to other game developers because anything could happen. Though I think if a game developer like Tarsier Studios could make a really good LBP4. Sony won't release Dreams and LBP4 in the same year, so there is a chance, when Sony wants another LBP, that Tarsier Studios would develop it. And I would be happy to see that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5