BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

I wouldn't say that I think Sumo is a bad company in any way shape or form, nor do I place the blame for the bugginess of the game on them. That was out of their control what with backwards compatibility, multiple consoles, time frame(? I don't actually know their timeframe). The simple reason I wouldn't want them heading LBP4 is I didn't like the direction they were heading. They headed a really cool direction in visuals, mainly animation (I lump this with the in and out movement as well), but stagnated (if not made worse) other functional parts of the game (bunch of logic things/changes are... odd).
    The reason I bring up Tarsier is only because LBPV went more of where I wanted in terms of LBP: function over animations. With LBP's current method of handling materials, it doesn't matter how many animations you add, you are still going to be limited in what you can make happen with how rectangular and cut off things are. Everything's a giant prism except for the characters and decorations. I'm willing to accept the graphics not being fantastic if the functionality is better. LBPV added so many useful tools that made sense on how to use. LBP3's tools were either kind of worthless, buggy, or really hard to understand.
    Granted, some of the tools they have, I use constantly now that they are there (animation tweaker, bendy rail(though not for its intended purpose XD), wave generator (though this one is meh in how it was made) hence why i spend more time on LBP3 than LBPV), but overall it felt more of like a PS4 skin (a remaster like the dozens of remaster every game gets nowadays) than a new entry.

2. Thanks!

Nice to hear that you think LBPV is a great game. Thats why I still play it.

I think we need to wait. MM needs much time for Dreams, but I think in the end it's worth it. If Dreams comes out in 2018, I want to see a LBP4 in 2021. Until then a team could focus on a LBP4 that erases the bugs and problems of LBP4, while adding new features, that really help or that are completely new. I would still like a feature, where you decide if you want performance or graphics to be in the foreground.

We should wait until christmas. Maybe MM reveals another cool thing until then.

4. Thanks!

If LBP4 does come out, I think it should have a full 3D mode. That would open up so many new opportunities for creating. For this to work, I think LBP4 has to be PS4 only. I also think that LBP4 should only import LBP3 levels. This way, the game doesn't become too clustered.

6. Thanks!

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gurren009 View Post
    If LBP4 does come out, I think it should have a full 3D mode. That would open up so many new opportunities for creating. For this to work, I think LBP4 has to be PS4 only. I also think that LBP4 should only import LBP3 levels. This way, the game doesn't become too clustered.
    The problem is the LBP3 system was made to be backwards compatible. I do not think LBP4 should be backwards compatible at all.

Quote Originally Posted by koltonaugust View Post
    The problem is the LBP3 system was made to be backwards compatible. I do not think LBP4 should be backwards compatible at all.
    I agree. The problem is that a lot of people will be complaining about the lack of community levels at launch. I think if Sumo(or any developer making LBP4) threw away backwards compatibility, it would fix the online. But people will complain about no levels at launch, which is still a major problem.

9. Thanks!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4