BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,298
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Hahaha, the same mind at the same time!

2. Thanks!

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

i'll look into the Muting options. i'd rather not monkey around with them, but if it becomes necessary i'll start doing it.

So something that came up over on LittleBigNetwork was the layout of the PiPs, and why i was going with Side-by-side. To my mind, SbS provides the largest PiP image, while still keeping me on the screen; but the question is valid, so i figured i'd put up some pictures of the available options, and see how everyone felt.

So...PiPs

Side-by-Side: Provides the largest Pip of the available options. The background image is an "outtake" from the week's episode.

Corner: Can be set in any of the corners. "Background" is track one of the recorded footage.

Offset: Background is the outtake image seen in Side by Side, though PiP is smaller.

Swivel: PiP is slightly larger than with Corner or Offset. No option to add a background image.

There's also a full-screen Center option that basically replaces the Track 1 footage, though a little smaller with a black border.

Thinking about it now, Center may be the best one to be using. It gives the largest image (obviously), at the cost of not being able to see the hub. Really, what i'd like best would be to be able to reverse the images and use Corner, but that doesn't seem to be an option (not without making the PiP Track 1, which i could do, but it would add in an lot more leg work, and adding more moving parts increases the possibility of something going sideways).

About the Background images with Side-by-side and Offset. Because of the way Offset is laid out, it feels too busy to me. Something that occurred to me was, instead of using Hub outtakes, either a scene from somewhere else, or maybe the Title Card without the Episode Name/Number. Basically i'm looking for something that will keep the details of the PiP clear to the viewer (especially if they're not watching on a TV), while preferably leaving the Hub on the screen. Though, as i said above, since i'm not really doing anything but standing in front of the boards, taking the Hub off and going with Center might be what i should be going with.

Let me know your thoughts. We've got 21 episodes left, so there's still time to improve things.

Thanks as always, and have a great day!

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 417
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    sir_monacle

Aw, man! 21 episodes left? What am I going to eat my porridge with then?

Personally, I believe it depends on how important the level gameplay is, if you're using it just so we can get a refresher of the level, just to remind us of it, then maybe corner is best, as you can still interact with the hub, and review the level without stopping.

Side-by-side is handy if the level gameplay is more important then what's going on in the hub, you can still interact with the hub, but they're equally large, so it's up to the viewer to decide on which recording to focus on.

Offset could come in handy, but really, it's just a fancy version of the corner, coming with a nice background image.

Swivel, I view swivel just like 'offset', as in it could come in handy, especially with it being slightly larger, but it just looks fancier. Reminds me of a gameshow, actually.

Now, I am aware you could swap the recordings, as in the level gameplay is in the centre, and the hub is the corner, but I just shared my thoughts with the way you presented them.

I'm not an expert at this. They all look pretty!
    Last edited by Sir monacle; 06-14-2017 at 12:51 PM. Reason: I didn't mispell the word "aware" eith away. You're just remembering wrong!

signature 2016: "2016 yet I'm still using a PlayStation 3...." --sir monacle

signature 2017: "The more you struggle with something, the more rewarding it feels to finish it." --sir monacle

7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

Good points, sir monacle! Right now i'm leaning toward Center if something is really important, and Swivel for everything else.
    And don't worry yet about the season wrapping up, it's not definite that i won't be continuing, i just want to be certain i can make another full-year commitment. i've got until November yet to see how i feel, and find ways to refine the process so it's not so time-intensive. At the very least, i'm about ready to start up my side-project. It'll basically be a stripped down version of R15F; just one level an episode, and no story Intro. On the other hand, it'll be more flexible, easier to produce, and something i could continue indefinitely.

Wub wub, it's the Tuesday Takeaway!

The Wood Palace V - will26571
    Still a fun and enjoyable level, but a third runthrough starts to rub the shine off a bit. It's not will26571's fault, really. One issue i find with levels so focused on puzzles/mechanical interaction is once you know what you're supposed to be doing, you can usually go through them like a hot knife through butter. Platformers or other action-y types can have an easier time maintaining a challenge, because timing and position come into play more. A little hybridization can give the level a little more legs.

Forest of the Ruins - VeryCoolMe
    Outside the 2D-to-3D moving bits, i'm still not seeing much carryover from Toggle and the Ninjas. The environmental design is much more abstract and stylized for one. This is good and bad, really. The more artificial bits, like the hanging purple rectangles, and the oversized, exposed logic, accented the more natural decorations quite well. On the other hand the long slabs of bright green whatever that you're running on are pretty ugly.

Heavenly Gardens - Ambrosia_Semele
    Knowing about the double-jump from the beginning makes all the early jumps so much easier. The level itself is very slight; there are only two areas you'll really visit. On the other hand, it's such a delight to look at i didn't end up minding that much. Having everything(?) loaded in up front helps too; like i said in the episode, Redwalker6's levels are amazing to wander through, but i spent something like 25minutes hung on loading screens when i was picking up extra footage this time.

Water Rise & Water Logged - AGACY
    Nothing much changed here, it's still fun, straight forward, and short; and i still haven't managed to beat Water Rise. i really like the tightness of the platforming, and i imagine it was easier to keep it consistent over such a tiny area. It's probably not fair to ding the level for not having some a feature that came out later, but on the other hand, it does effect the reaction to it. i mean, maybe the Model T was an engineering wonder for its day, but i probably feel a lot different driving one compared to something more modern.

Galactic Scarcity - CookieDelivery
    Nothing much different here. It's still a lot of fun, and chock-full of semi-random weirdness. i did have a lot more trouble with one of the hazards this time, but i think that was on me (the bit where you need to pass through the two green lightning bolts, i just could not get the timing right this go). i'm pretty sure this one's my favourite of the lot this week.

So, that's the that this week. Some stand-out good, and nothing really stand-out bad. Next episode's ready to ship, and i finished up filming the Intro, Title & End cards, and primary level footage for the 23rd's. With luck i'll be able to get everything else done tomorrow, which will leave me with a completely free Thursday for the first time in i don't even remember. i think i'll use some of it to put together a few episodes of the side-series (LittleBite-sizedPlanet!), and then get the heck out of the house. Weather's way too nice, and i'm way too pasty recently.

As always, thanks all of you! i hope you have a fine day!

PSN
    waffle_king23

A two word title! Rarity!

So new episode ready to go here.

This week we're looking at:

Ruined Fortress - bak3rman_nz
    Toggle and the incredible Magnaticator - makeimi
    The rose and the residence where time stopped - baile-flamenco
    The drawn world - ZitanCarol
    Switch Central - peng_10-

It's really weird having a gap week again. i mean, i remember doing the episode, but it's all kind of dreamlike. i guess that'll make the Tuesday replay that much more necessary, though that's not a bad thing at all.

Still, the set's a fun one, and only the Toggle level presented issues, hopefully one of you lovely folks will be able to tell me where i was screwing up there.

Production asides: this one got put together before the PiP conversation, so we won't see the results of that until next week. Also, this may be before i did a second tweaking on the mic, so my voice may be a little soft again, sorry about that. We've got next week's episode in the can, and i'm getting more underway with the week after's set (i'm trying to kit up small pieces that i can use in the future, so it's easier to put things together in the end).

As always, thanks for all the support! It's a ball bringing these out to y'all, and i hope you're finding something interesting and fun. Take care, and have a great day!

100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    sir_monacle

Quote Originally Posted by waffleking23 View Post
    A two word title! Rarity!

So new episode ready to go here.

This week we're looking at:

The drawn world - ZitanCarol

It's really weird having a gap week again. i mean, i remember doing the episode, but it's all kind of dreamlike. i guess that'll make the Tuesday replay that much more necessary, though that's not a bad thing at all.

Still, the set's a fun one, and only the Toggle level presented issues, hopefully one of you lovely folks will be able to tell me where i was screwing up there.

Production asides: this one got put together before the PiP conversation, so we won't see the results of that until next week. Also, this may be before i did a second tweaking on the mic, so my voice may be a little soft again, sorry about that. We've got next week's episode in the can, and i'm getting more underway with the week after's set (i'm trying to kit up small pieces that i can use in the future, so it's easier to put things together in the end).

As always, thanks for all the support! It's a ball bringing these out to y'all, and i hope you're finding something interesting and fun. Take care, and have a great day!
    Heh, glad I woke up early this morning!

I've only watched about 5 seconds so far, but I've been having some audio troubles with your newer videos. Now, I wouldn't call it a "trouble", as I can still hear the videos perfectly, but they seem to be a tad quieter.

Comparing Hogwash to Rusted to the brand-spanking new Alice through the Looking Glass, there's certainly a difference. (Less so when comparing rusted to Looking Glass.)

Either way, I'm not sure why the audio's quieter, (I'm no magician!) but it's not exactly a problem, as I can still hear it perfectly clear.

I believe it's not just the MIC, either. (Or maybe I'm just going crazy? Do I look crazy!? You'd tell me if I looked crazy, right!?)

signature 2017: "The more you struggle with something, the more rewarding it feels to finish it." --sir monacle

PSN
    waffle_king23

Thanks Monacle! i feel like i'm getting a little bit better in the presentation side of things.

The voice volume is on the mic side, or rather, how granular the PS4 will let you be in adjusting. If i get the volume too high, there's a feedback buzz, too low and my voice gets drowned out by the game sound. i've been playing around trying to find the sweet spot. It's a lot easier with OBS, where you can adjust by decibel. With the PS4, there's just a slider, and it moves in pretty big increments.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Beep beep, Tuesday Takeaway!

My feelings didn't change too much here. The retro-esque, semi-Donkey-Kong-ish game play is fun, the architecture is great. The music is solid, though i don't think the track fits the theme. i still feel bak3rman could've pushed this one just a bit more, and it would be a "finished" level. i did find the lack of point bubbles a bit odd, though.

So...i actually managed to beat this one here and...it really raises an issue that gets on my nerves a bit. So, the bit where i got stuck? Well you could pull the cage open by grabbing on the speaker and pulling. Why would a person even think to do that off-hand? Do people generally yank on speakers? Is that a thing that is done? Ok, i'm half kidding, but really; particularly in super-crufted levels, every extra bit of deco, or detail, will make any new element that much less noticeable as a gameplay element as opposed to more cruft. If something is an obviously grabbable bit, and the player misses it, that's on them; if you need them to grab something that's never otherwise grabbable, and they miss it, that's kind of on you. The rest of the level...i does have a lot of charm, but it is quite long, and i felt my self wanting to see the end of it before the end of it, to be perfectly honest.

This one charmed me from the get-go, and continued to do so everytime i went back to it. Even though playing once will give you the general tools you need to clear all the puzzles, i found my technique refining a bit more each go, so i could get through more efficiently (and more importantly without dying). i loved the weird Jhorror creatures towards the end, though i'm not familiar with Frog Girl. This is a solid example of making a puzzler fun enough to go back to again.

The Drawn World - ZitanCarol

This was a really cool level, that gets tripped up a bit by the hitbox on the power-up tool. The background is, i still think, too bright to get the full effect of what you're doing. All that aside, the third playthrough really made things click for me; enough so that i found myself wishing this had been spun out into a full adventure, 'cause i'd really gotten the hang of the PaintBrush by that point.

This one's a straight-up joy to look at and play through, but it can be really tricky, and a touch frustrating to actually play through. It doesn't help that it's not particularly difficult to break. Even still, i love non-standard uses of common tools, and this is a great example of that.

So...Yeah, except for the Toggle level, not much change. It's a fun set, and all of them are worth a play. Hope you give them a go and find something you like.

Behind the curtain stuff: Principal filming and secondary filming is finished except for the Outro. That, along with the editing, ought to be wrapped up tomorrow (i hope), which will leave us with a for real, for real, completely free Thursday (huzzah!). As a head's up for this Friday's R15F, it got super dinged for copyright, and there's a possibility there may be ads in it. That wasn't by choice on my end, though hopefully it won't come up at all (fingers crossed).

Thanks for all the support and have a great day!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Alrighty then, new one hot off the presses here.

This week we're looking at

Wooden Perception - Vandz
    Underground - ramkibainuzuka
    Hawaiian Tribe - greensword989
    Sky Valley - gunkgamer1
    The Lonely Station - chefman1237

Some pretty neat levels, though that usually tends to be the case. There should be something in the set to catch your interest. Now, since this was put together last week, i can't remember if there are any FF-PiPs in the outro; if there are, this will be the last time we're seeing them (unless it's to show time spent in loading).

Potential Advertising Warning, so...apparently the copyright holders to the song Planetarium really want to grab the pennies, YouTube told me they might be putting ads in the video this week, so i just wanted y'all to have a heads up and let you know i hadn't monetized the series or anything like that.

Behind the scenes time. Next week's episode would've been finished already, if i hadn't had an attack of conscience during editing, and decide to replace one of the levels. That had it's usual complicating effect; got the new intro recorded without too much hassle (turned out a little better in some aspects, to be honest), but when it came to doing the outro, i just couldn't get my head in it, so i ended up getting really frustrated and set it aside. Then i spent the whole day playing Deathstate...which is like the video game equivalent of sitting on the couch all day in your boxers eating Ice Cream from the carton (don't worry, i was wearing actual pants, thank you). i don't know why i'm telling you all this, it's 5am now and my brainmeats are floaty, i guess.

Huh, i was thinking about erasing that, but we'll leave it in. Anyways, hope this week's episode brings you something fun, and that you're all having a great day. As always, thanks kindly for all the support!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Alrighty then, Tuesday Takeaway time!

Wooden Perception - Vandz
    Aside from being pretty dark, and having that one guaranteed death in the first swimming bit, i really dig on this level. There's so much that's been done with really simple tools. The one bounce pad (in the snapshot booth) stands out a bit odd, especially seeing as they've got a similar section with an LBP1-era piston bounce later on. My feelings didn't change too much with this one, but it would've been hard for them to get too much better than they already were.

Underground - Ramkibainuzuka
    A lot of little things come together very nicely in this one. The visual environment is well-detailed without being distracting, the sound design is pretty great, the power-up is pleasing to look at and well-used throughout the level. It's a little wonky sometimes when changing layers, but nothing that is going to cause an issue. i do wish it'd been a touch longer, but i can see how the thermo may have been really pushing it by the end. On the other hand, to think of it, the length does make it easier to hop into on a lark, i suppose; since you know it's not going to eat up a huge chunk of your available time.

Hawaiian Tribe - greensword989
    KG's got the right of it with the gameplay and design here, i think. i mean it doesn't really do anything wrong per se, but the level never really gels. None of the elements in the level are really built out into something distinctive or cohesive, it's just a bunch of stuff tossed together. At least the materials and decorations fit well together, so it's not completely random; and the level itself isn't unfun, but i'd choose to go back to a fairly large number of levels before i came back to this one.

Sky Valley - gunkgamer1
    Eh...it's very pretty, you can't take that away from it; but the choice of hook hat as main "gameplay" element, brings along lots of screen-tear and slow-down. Also, as an aside, if you follow the advice on the screen for the one bit of play presented in that section (the jump on the bendy rail), you'll probably miss hooking on to the next section of rail. Really, it's just better to ignore it, and that rubbed me a little wrong this go around; i really dislike when players are led to die from something that should be trustworthy (unless it's established that the level may be trying to trick you).

The Lonely Station - chefman1237
    Chef's gone back and made some changes here, to interesting effect. The music's been changed to something a little more techno-y, and seemed to sync up (probably by chance) with the back and forth or up and down box movements. There's still not a lot of direction as to what the grabable blocks were going to do, but i suppose if you noodle it a bit, you'll get it figured out. There're some score-bubbles that've been put in, and they may help a little bit for direction in one of the areas. It feels like a fairly different level, and it's kind of cool to see advice and feedback implemented (not that i think the changes were purely for my benefit, mind you).

So, that's the that this go around. Even the lesser-loved levels were fun enough to give at least one stab at, which is nice.

In behind the curtains, i didn't get the cameras set up for episode 33, but i think that should be done easily enough today or tonight, which leaves tomorrow for filming and Thursday for outro and editing, so that should be fine enough. i've got an episode of LBsP in the works as well (actually a level i kind of buggered the recording of for this Friday's R15F, shamefully enough). So, yeah, things progress apace.

Thanks a lot for all the support, folks! Have a great day, yeah!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Righty-o got another episode up over here. It is an exercise for the viewer whether the title is acting as a noun or verb this time about.

So, this week we're looking at

-Cardboard_Style- LEON2K11
    Mystic Island - bloodsynlol
    Steamed Skyward - Hirunda
    Windy Heights - gjmhhbb
    Cogs n' Gears - BYZANTINOI

Lots of fun with the levels this go around, though (thanks to my own utter stupidity) not quite so fun an episode to put together. The reasons for that will come up in Episode 006 of LittleBite-sizedPlanet. But, yeah, good levels this go about, and all of them worth a play or two. Also this'll be the last week in the ObsLab, which is nice.

Behind the curtain stuff: We ended up rerecording the outro for next week, because things were going too smoothly, and i started to doubt my judgement. i think the end result is better over-all, but it does mean editing is today's task, instead of getting wrapped up yesterday. There should be an episode of LBsP coming out either today or tomorrow. It's supposed to rain all day today, and m'wife and i are both pretty broke, so there're good reasons to stay in the apartment and get stuff done.

Thanks, as always, everyone! i'm glad y'all are getting something out of this, it's been great bringing these to you. Hope you have a great day!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Woop! Woop! Tuesday Takeaway!

-Cardboard_Style- - LEON2K11
    i ended up having more fun with this one this time around. The level is pretty well paced, and you don't tend to stop moving throughout; except for that weird open area we saw in the video, there isn't much dead space in the level. The look is nicely suited to the style, though the music does kind of stand out as a poor fit for the action. i do wonder why Leon decided to end the race when he did, instead of carrying it through to the end, but that really a minor quibble.

Mystic Island - bloodsynlol
    This remained a really fun explorer/puzzler, still marred by being really, really freaking dark. If you crank your gamma, it's manageable, but i still think the creator has to eat a little of the responsibility with lighting. The mechanical elements are simple, but clever, and the decoration in the underwater areas really stands out. The inclusion of the secret chests was neat, though i've yet to find the third one. Having the feel of a good LBP1/LBP2 hybrid was a nice trip down memory lane.

Steamed Skywards - Hirunda
    Great and semi-varied gameplay here. Nice layout to the level, that, like -Cardboard_Style-, does a good job of keeping the player moving. It probably could work as a racer, as KG mentioned; once you've got a good idea of the layout of the stage, you can really beat feat through it. i still think the colour-scheme can make some of the elements bleed together a little bit; it would've helped to make the sky a different colour.

Windy Heights - gjmhhbb
    One thing i didn't get to mention during the video, but i really liked the underlighting of the level here, it gives it a much different feel than having the lights coming down from the top. The bright, white stars end up really being effective as well. On the other hand, the spikes could've been made a touch more clear, as there are a few sections where they're really easy to miss (likely why the bits had skulls on them, but it can be a little tough to figure how much clearance you have to get around the obstacles). The power up was fun as well, and i'd love to be able to see more out of it and the environment here.

Cogs n' Gears - BYZANTINOI
    Man, this one ended up being such a disappointment for me. It's not a bad level, but the way it's set up can be hella frustrating. Also, you can break the level right at the beginning if you pull that block down so the grabbable side is up. Visually, it hits all of my buttons, as mentioned in the video. All the spinning wooden gears meshing together, that is so my thing. i found it odd that there weren't any score bubble in here; i guess a level doesn't really need them, but it's always a bit odd to get to the scoreboard and see a bunch of zeroes.

All in all, a real fun set this go around, which is always nice.

Behind the curtain: July 14th's intro and levels have gotten recorded, so that's good. We might be able to get the outro set up after groceries this morning, which would leave secondary recording and the outro for tomorrow, and maybe editing if things go really smoothly. On one hand i hate waking up at 4in the morning, but, man, it's good for getting things done. There probably won't be a second LittleBite-sizedPlanet episode this week. i made the mistake of getting it in my head that'd i'd look at Pickled-Punk's Deliver Us From Eve series, which i really do want to do, but there're 9 (maybe 10) levels in there, and i've got to go through all of them to figure out which will be the feature (and also for extra-footage recording). Toss in loading times, and...yeah, Thursday night or Friday morning is a lot more likely.

As always, thanks to all of you for the feedback and support! i'm always glad you're having a good time with all of this.

Rap at y'laters like.

PSN
    sir_monacle

Hey, I just watched (half) of "Verity", and it seems you fixed the problems you've been having with your mic!

Congratulatoriations!

Oh, and hope you remember what Shakespeare said...

"Brevity is the soul of wit." I'm not sure what means, but I'm sure it's true anyway.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Quote Originally Posted by Sir monacle View Post
    Hey, I just watched (half) of "Verity", and it seems you fixed the problems you've been having with your mic!

Congratulatoriations!

Oh, and hope you remember what Shakespeare said...

"Brevity is the soul of wit." I'm not sure what means, but I'm sure it's true anyway.
    Danke, SirM! It does seem like the mic is working itself out. i'm glad you're enjoying things.

Have a great day, yeah!

- - - - - - - - - -

Guten morgen! Got a new episode up and over here.

This week we're taking a look at:

CARDBOARD PLATFORM "CUPIDON" - Oo-KIMLY-oO
    Sack's Best Friend - jahmircal
    CREATIVE WORLD - rainrainrain
    Bounce! - Mazta-x
    Hidden Temple Zone 1 - sonic_boom81

i don't know what was happening here, maybe i was just having a very nice day or something, but i came off even happier than usual with most all the levels this time. Enough so that i started to mistrust myself, went through the lot a couple more times, and rerecorded the outro. i think the second version was better, but my feelings about the levels didn't change, which was cool. Give 'em a play, 'cause they're pretty fun.

Behind the curtains stuff: Episode 34 is wrapped and uploaded, so that's off my plate, which is always good. Kitting together things for 35, there shouldn't be any big issues there. i'm still noodling how i want to do Picked-Punk's stuff for LBsP, i'll be getting around to it, but there may be a couple of episodes before i'm there. There might be a series info update in there too; probably will be.

Thanks as always for all the support! Hope you're having a great day!

PSN
    sir_monacle

Danke, SirM! It does seem like the mic is working itself out. i'm glad you're enjoying things.

Have a great day, yeah!

- - - - - - - - - -

Guten morgen! Got a new episode up and over here.

This week we're taking a look at:

CARDBOARD PLATFORM "CUPIDON" - Oo-KIMLY-oO
    Bounce! - Mazta-x

i don't know what was happening here, maybe i was just having a very nice day or something, but i came off even happier than usual with most all the levels this time. Enough so that i started to mistrust myself, went through the lot a couple more times, and rerecorded the outro. i think the second version was better, but my feelings about the levels didn't change, which was cool. Give 'em a play, 'cause they're pretty fun.

Thanks as always for all the support! Hope you're having a great day!

An abnormal increase in happiness, eh?

Have you been taking your medicine, Waffleking?

PSN
    waffle_king23

Woop Woop! Tuesday Takeaway Time!

CARDBOARD PLATFORM "CUPIDON" - Oo-Kimly-oO
    This one stayed enjoyable throughout, and, again, i was struck by how well the power-up was utilized throughout the level. You've only got it when necessary, it's integral to level progression, and it has a really nice look to it. i still think the area by the monkeybars could have been more clearly marked as hazardous, but that's a fairly minor quibble (i just hate unnecessary death). The only thing i forgot to mention during the episode was that the cupids looked disturbingly like a certain orange man-baby world leader, and that was a mite-bit unsettling.

i just loved the mechanic here, like i mentioned in the episode, i can't recall seeing anything like it in other community levels. The way jahmircal's set up the obstacles to require both sets of ability on the fly (and making the switch doable on the fly) is really slick. i'd love to see another level like this one.

i have never really been able to get into handheld gaming, not since the old clamshell GameBoy Advanced, because i could fit that in a suit pocket and do some quick pokemon while waiting on funerals. That does mean i never got to experience LBPVita, which i count as a personal failing; especially now that the Jside servers have been shut down, i'm not really sure how regions work with the Vita. i'm going into all this because there's not much more to say about CREATIVE WORLD, it remains a solidly presented, very inventive, fun-to-wander-through level. There's not really a lot of gameplay, but you do keep moving throughout. The only quibble i had was the one mentioned in the episode, the intro cutscenes to the new zones keep the controller locked just a second or two too long.

Bounce! - Mazta-x
    i don't remember if this was something that came up last episode, or next Friday's episode, but this was another level where the creator hadn't published their info to LBP.me, so i really didn't have a lot of info going in. i think the level came off of someone's Recently Played or Hearted Level list; it must have done, it wouldn't be findable any other way, i think. It makes me wonder, though. i understand keeping your profile secret if you're just going to be playing, and don't really want to interact with the community, but if you're publishing levels? That i don't really get. It makes me wonder if there's a "DarkLBP" out there, groups of friends who've not made their profiles public, making levels just for inside that community. Maybe they're getting up to hijynx...or attempting to bring about the end of the world? Does that make you nervous? Honestly...there's not much to say about Bounce! that hasn't been said already.

i had no idea this was an homage to a Sonic level, despite the creator's name, and the fact it was probably mentioned on the level select page. i had a Genesis way back in the day, but it didn't get a lot of use, particularly once i got my SNES. That being said, going into it fresh really made me appreciate how well the level works as a level. i didn't have the feeling of comparing things to see how well they matched up. i had a lot of fun with this one; i really appreciated how much you get to do in it, and the variety of the different zones. Also how well the boss fight worked vis-a-vis gameplay and fun. Thinking about it now, though, i can see how Eggman-esque that boss's design was. That's cool.

So, that's the that this week. Not much shift in feelings, but (most)everything was a lot of fun the first time, and remained that way. So that's also cool.

Behind the curtain: Not much, really. July 21st's Intro, primary, and secondary recordings are finished up (gods, though, that Intro took so many takes to get even semi-right). Hopefully i can get the outro set-up finished after shopping this morning, and if i'm really lucky, i can get that recorded too. That would leave editing and PiP making for tomorrow, which, conceivably might give us time to put together a quick episode of LBsP, but no promises there.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Alrighty then, got a new episode on over here.

This time around we're taking a look at:

Acid Trip - Godman250
    underwater platformer 2 - thornell5601
    A day in the lab... - TraceAlister
    Notebook Nonsense - Pathos007
    Cardboard Pillars - himoks69

It's an... well, it's an odd set of levels to be sure. We got stung by Acid Trip's sudden Level of the Day pick (which will kind of sort of come up in next week's episode as well, unfortunately), but still there was fun on hand. Give 'em a looksee (a playsee?) and see what you think. Well...hopefully with underwater platformer 2, you'll feel nostalgia, because otherwise... well, you'll see.

Behind the curtain stuff: we finally get to tie a bow on another loose plot thread, and that was fun; though, as always with things that've been set up, i wonder if the pay off will be worth it. Funny, but this episode (or at least the intro/story bit) was supposed to have been made waaaay back, like right after the first Hanami episode. Then i got the idea to transform into a rabbit, then there was the train station, then i went and got dead...well, anyway, it took awhile to get here.

Next week's episode was in the bag on Wednesday, and we got a LBsP episode kitted up then, too, so yesterday was the first Thursday where i had no LBPrecording stuff that needed doing in about, i don't know, 6months at least? No real world errands, either. i didn't need to do anything, so basically, i did nothing for most of the day. It felt really, really weird by about halfway through. Eventually i gave up and started a little work on a set that should be coming up sometime in the next few weeks (couldn't work on next week's episode, 'cause the dialogue bits are still coming together in the brain). Apparently, i don't deal well with aimlessness anymore.

As always, thanks for all the support, folks! Hope things are going well for you in your neck of the woods, yeah?

PSN
    sir_monacle

Alrighty then, got a new episode on over here.

This time around we're taking a look at:

Acid Trip - Godman250
    underwater platformer 2 - thornell5601
    A day in the lab... - TraceAlister
    Notebook Nonsense - Pathos007
    Cardboard Pillars - himoks69

It's an... well, it's an odd set of levels to be sure. We got stung by Acid Trip's sudden Level of the Day pick (which will kind of sort of come up in next week's episode as well, unfortunately), but still there was fun on hand. Give 'em a looksee (a playsee?) and see what you think. Well...hopefully with underwater platformer 2, you'll feel nostalgia, because otherwise... well, you'll see.

Behind the curtain stuff: we finally get to tie a bow on another loose plot thread, and that was fun; though, as always with things that've been set up, i wonder if the pay off will be worth it. Funny, but this episode (or at least the intro/story bit) was supposed to have been made waaaay back, like right after the first Hanami episode. Then i got the idea to transform into a rabbit, then there was the train station, then i went and got dead...well, anyway, it took awhile to get here.

Next week's episode was in the bag on Wednesday, and we got a LBsP episode kitted up then, too, so yesterday was the first Thursday where i had no LBPrecording stuff that needed doing in about, i don't know, 6months at least? No real world errands, either. i didn't need to do anything, so basically, i did nothing for most of the day. It felt really, really weird by about halfway through. Eventually i gave up and started a little work on a set that should be coming up sometime in the next few weeks (couldn't work on next week's episode, 'cause the dialogue bits are still coming together in the brain). Apparently, i don't deal well with aimlessness anymore.

As always, thanks for all the support, folks! Hope things are going well for you in your neck of the woods, yeah?

No wonder why you get up at 3AM, you must always be busy!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Kinda, it's more the way free time segments out for me. i work the full 40hrs a week, but the schedule isn't a regular 9-to-5. Things have been going well enough though, my brain seems to have gotten used to 4a starts, at least.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast