BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 664
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

Alrighty then, Tuesday Takeaway time!

Acid Trip - Godman250

Yeah, this one got yoinked as a Level of the Day, but that's gonna happen sometimes. i don't know that i'd rate it quite so highly, for one it really oversells itself on the level select page, and that's always a bit of a letdown. Not having that spinny bit on some kind of timer can also make things a lil difficult. Still, it's beautifully presented and (in the main) competently put together.

underwater platformer 2 - thornell5601

Not too much to say here except, we've all made this level, or something similar to it. i imagine thornell5601 had fun making it, and was proud to put it out, and at the end of the day, that's really the important thing. It's hard to give advice with something like this without stripping it apart completely, but i would say one thing that could be changed would be to have a Scuba powerup pedestal where ever there's a checkpoint. If you die, you lose the powerup, and there's no way to get it back. Maybe also closing off the start, so the player can't skip almost all the way to the end.

A day at the lab - TraceAlister

Nothing much changed here. Still love the atmosphere, still begrudge the lack of communication. i kind of know how i beat it, but i couldn't replicate it each time, so i'm probably missing something.

Notebook Nonsense - Pathos007

i'm a little disappointed that it looks like Pathos has dropped off the creating map. They did a solid job putting together the level here, and manage to avoid a fair number of early creator mistakes. They've got another level, don't remember if i mentioned that in the outro; it's a pretty solid mountain climbing racer, with a pretty pants boss at the end. Still, it was fun enough to play.

Cardboard Pillars - himoks69

i was really expecting something a lot more stripped down than what we got, so it was a pleasant surprise to see the effort put into presenting the environment, as well as put into gameplay (though if i could only have one, i'd go for gameplay, i guess). This is definitely a fun one, though you've really got to adjust your pace to it. Also, SNAAAAAAAAKE!!!

So, not too much shift in feelings this time about. i kind of like it when that happens, makes me feel a little more solid in my judgement.

Behind the curtain stuff: Holy crap, the set for the 28th has been such a pain in the kiester to put together. Really, it's my own fault, i decided to toss something in that (i think) is cool, but is also (completely) unnecessary, and has been a bear to get working even kind of right. So, as a balance to last week, i'm behind on everything. i might be able to get the intro recorded today, and, if i'm really lucky, there's a slim possibility of an episode of LBsP coming out as well. Have to say, i'm really glad i bought myself this week buffer.

As always, thanks for all the support, and have a great day!
    Almost back, so excited.

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 466
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Hi waffleking23,

what would the community do without your recommendations and reviews? ...unimaginable! So thank you so much once again for all the devoted efforts, you're an invaluable enrichement for the whole lbp community!

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

Hah! Thanks a lot Jurgen, it means a lot. i imagine folks would continue on as they have, but if i can help, then that makes me happy.

Ossu and good morning! Got a new episode coming up over here!

This week we're having a look at:

Cascade - ultramarine13
    Prismatic Whereabouts - monkeybebe
    Wonderful Canyon - rud-54
    Fast & Frustrated 2 - Muskwa_1
    Colorful World - adan127

Once again we got tagged with Level of the Day-itude on Colorful World. Get out of my head Sumo! Still, a fun set of levels, and a relatively painless episode to put together. Give 'em a play when you've got the time.

Behind the Curtain stuff: :Got episode 36 wrapped up yesterday, which is good. i mean, the buffer gives me some safety in case a rod gets thrown or something, but it's nice to not need to worry about it. On the other hand, seeing a level get picked up for LotD, or get featured on lsrs, and know that my own episode won't be out for another week or so...well, the heck with it, no reason to complain, really.
    Quite happy with how the set turned out, there were a lot of moving parts to wrangle, but it was fun. Now, i went and kind of buggered it up adding stuff to it for episode 36, which is another reason i'm happy it's over and done. i think i do still have a clean version of the set at least, if i need it again for something else.
    Really need to get a touch quicker with LBsP. i keep running into levels that look like they'd fit the bill faster than i can actually make episodes, so my possibles list is overflowing now. Again, of all the problems i could have, this is probably one of the best to need to deal with.

As always, thanks to all of you for all the support! It's a bit hard to credit that we're almost at the 9month mark, and that's all up to y'all. Have yourselves a great day!
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Okee dokee, Tuesday Takeaway time!

Cascade - ultramarine13

The break in the level that i pointed out in the PiP made a comeback, which really cheesed me off since the gods of physics seemed to really be smiling on me this time. The level is a feast for the eyes, and as something to noodle over, though constantly getting stuck behind some of those blue bumpers could really get on my nerves. It is quite long as well, well longer than what was shown in the video; so if it doesn't break on you, it can wear a little.

Prismatic Whereabouts - monkeybebe

That first puzzle was a bit odd, even with the warning in the level select, it just didn't click for me; this is decidedly odd, because monkeybebe makes a pointed effort to mention it right up front. Knowing where everything was made for a much quicker go around this time. It's still overly dim (i really don't get that at all), and the cameras are definitely a touch wonky in some areas, but i feel like i left with a better opinion of it in the end this time.

Wonderful Canyon - rud-54

Man, i just fell in love with this one, and i so wish it were longer. Even though some of the stickers (and the background as well, i think) aren't from the Canyons, it so nails the feel of that area. That it works really well as a beginner's level (just slightly challenging, with things clearly marked out; while maintaining a smooth momentum) is really icing on the cake. i'm really looking forward to more from rud-54.

Fast & Frustrating 2 - Muskwa_1

i wouldn't want to play levels like this one all the time, but sometimes, a body just gets that itch. It's just so tightly put together, most everything feels fair; and it really puts you through your paces. Even though you're getting flung around at top speeds, it feels like progress is dependent on your reactions, and you do have a fair amount of control over what's happening. That seems to be an issue with some rag-doll platformers, you're often very passive in how you interact with the level. There's very little of that here.

Colorful World - adan127

i can see the argument that the playfield is a touch too deep in some areas, though adan seems to do a fairly good job in disguising that with cruft. i do lean a little bit that it's maybe more flat plane running than entirely necessary, but at least there is some verticality to break up the flow a bit (break up the flow in a good way, that is to say you don't always feel like you're doing the same thing). My feelings didn't really change much this go around; it's still quite charming, and the last bit in space still feels fairly superfluous.

So that's the that this go around, no real clunkers, and even the red triangle was kind of a green circle. Everything ought to get a least a try.

Behind the curtains stuff: a bit behind schedule again this week, but nothing serious (i figured it was better to get LBsP - 012 done). The cameras and dialogue should be done today, so we're still on track for a Thursday finish. Something weird came up making the hub this go about, and maybe y'all can tell me if i'm crazy? There were a pair of Japanese mask decorations in The Islands stuff, right? One red one, and one white one? They exist, right? 'cause i couldn't find them in my poppit, and i should have everything. Not having them isn't going to screw anything up, but, they would've looked good here.

Feedback Request

So something that came up with Mijinko, but also in some other episodes, is granularity of gradings at the end. When i started up the series, i wanted to keep things fairly simple and easily parse-able, so the idea of doing the ratings around stoplights felt right. Something someone could see the meaning of at a glance, even if they didn't go through the trouble of watching the whole outro. We added in the the Blue Cloudy-thing, but that hardly sees any use; and later the White Skull, but again, if Entropy is favourable (ha-ha!), we shouldn't need to see that one much either.

The problem is, we run into a fair enough number of levels that aren't really Red Triangles, they function, there's some fun in them, but then they're not really Yellow Squares either in that they've got some major flaws in design or presentation. Because the Red Triangle is so negative, they end up being Yellow Squares by default. i've been thinking of adding in an interstitial rating, an Orange something (i know the shape, but forget the name, you know when they show Leviathan at the end of Hellraiser 2? That shape). i feel like it would give the granularity i need, while still being fairly clear in meaning. The only thing i worry about, i guess, i ratings creep? i don't want to, over time, end up with so many that you'd need a guide to figure them out?

So, let me know your thoughts here, yeah?

Thanks as always for everything, folks. i really appreciate the interest, and i'm glad you're finding something good here. Oh, yeah, i got contacted by StevenI, and that was cool! He wanted to know how i was finding my levels for LBsP. Hrrmmm....
    Almost back, so excited.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 495
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    sir_monacle

Okay, I'm a bit behind, but I just (almost) watched quixotic, and I must say, it was extremely idealistic; unrealistic and impractical you're not having the best of luck, are you?

You fell on a cake - killing you in a bloody mess.

You were encaged in some weird lab - That was sorta odd.

Now you're getting kicked out with an encrypted eviction notice sent by a demon.

All of this has left me with one question... Are all your bills encrypted in a weird language that takes months to decrypt?

signature 2016: "2016 yet I'm still using a PlayStation 3...." --sir monacle

signature 2017: "The more you struggle with something, the more rewarding it feels to finish it." --sir monacle

PSN
    waffle_king23

Quote Originally Posted by Sir monacle View Post

Now you're getting kicked out with an encrypted eviction notice sent by a demon.

All of this has left me with one question... Are all your bills encrypted in a weird language that takes months to decrypt?
    You're either psychic or a psychiatrist, Monacle. i hadn't been thinking about it in connection to starting up the story line, but i do in fact have experience with not understanding mail, and getting stitched up pretty badly for it. Way back when i first came to Japan, and couldn't read anything, i managed to go 6years or so tossing City Tax bills (i didn't recognize the sender, couldn't understand the text, and so figured they must have been junk mail). When they finally caught up to me, i ended up getting dinged to the tune of...geeze, around 12,000USD or abouts. Saa...well, it's all water under the bridge at this point.

Anyhow... Alrighty, we've got a new R15F up and running!

This week we're giving a look at:

Factory Shutdown - Cubixphere
    Oddsock's Platformer of Oddsockness! - ysqdhan
    Dr Zomboss's Fortress - SonicShadowYoshi
    G.Crab - yamptt
    The Castle Crimson - ZNBJ

Yes, Factory Shutdown got picked for LotD, and i'll bet if The Castle Crimson hasn't yet, it will be eventually. Still, fun levels that i, for the most part, had a good time with. Keep an eye on G.Crab as a dark horse contender.

Behind the curtain stuff: i have no idea why Officer Sommerset's arm is glowing like that in the title card. Still, it's a neat effect, and it works for the character. i've really been enjoying using the title cards to show a little bit more of Yokaihama.

i did decide to implement the Orange Diamond that was talked about with the previous episode. It's too late to make an appearance in Remit, but i'm sure it'll come up sometime in the future.

So, Wednesday night, we may have gone a little overboard with a party with old friends. Everyone had a good time mind, but Thursday wasn't feeling nearly so chipper. Also, somehow, i went and scalded the heck out of my right pointer finger; so i basically got no show related stuff done. Unusually, i've got an empty Friday to make up for it, but i'm still feeling a wee bit salty with myself. Eh...live and learn, hopefully at least.

As always, thanks for all the support. i hope you have fun with this episode! Have a great day!
    Last edited by waffleking23; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:56 AM.
    Almost back, so excited.

100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    sir_monacle

Quote Originally Posted by waffleking23 View Post
    You're either psychic or a psychiatrist, Monacle. i hadn't been thinking about it in connection to starting up the story line, but i do in fact have experience with not understanding mail, and getting stitched up pretty badly for it. Way back when i first came to Japan, and couldn't read anything, i managed to go 6years or so tossing City Tax bills (i didn't recognize the sender, couldn't understand the text, and so figured they must have been junk mail). When they finally caught up to me, i ended up getting dinged to the tune of...geeze, around 12,000USD or abouts. Saa...well, it's all water under the bridge at this point.
    And now you're teaching English to Japanese people! Japanese is one of the hardest language connections to English people.

Oh, and if this is based on true events, does that me you fell on a cake and died!?

And then got impri- Oh... I guess I can see that connection...

Anywho, I really liked the cuts in this episode, they were well done! It made me wonder if they were done in-game or during editing.

signature 2017: "The more you struggle with something, the more rewarding it feels to finish it." --sir monacle

PSN
    waffle_king23

Thankfully, no cake-related fatalities yet. One can only hope, yeah?

By cuts, you mean during the intro and outro? Those were all basically in camera. i set up some broadcast to tag chips with 0% opacity tweakers on them (wired to tag sensors). Then a random timer to a tag (well, a timer to a timer and counter to a tag, the second timer would reset itself and the counter). When the counter was on the primary set disappeared, and the secondary set appeared. i'd tried to get them slightly off-set, but the ignore tagged objects physics tweakers were screwing up somewhere, so the secondary set needed to be a little further off than i wanted (was afraid a big jump would make people feel sick).

So...easy as mildly complicated pie, i guess.
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Alright, got another hot 'n fresh episode comin' up here.

This week we're taking a look at:

Pink Space - bruce-lee1947
    Ancient Fantasy - keepinwavey
    The City! - TaRrBoiY
    The Adventure of Floating Islands - vollpiix
    HARD 3 v1.15 - blindfire07

For the most part a pretty fun batch of levels here. Was really happy how the hub turned out as well, so that's neat. Took a bit longer to put together than expected, but still, done with time to spare.

Behind the curtains stuff: We're in the process of putting together episode 38 as we speak...i keep on doing this to myself, don't i? Getting some idea at the last minute, and having to do a ton more set-up and testing than entirely necessary. Eh...as long as it keeps working out, i suppose it's fine.

i'm typing this up on LBPC, and hoping the post will go through. Who knows?

As always, i'm glad you're all having a good time with the series, and i hope you're trying and finding some levels that you like. Keep the feedback coming, every little bit helps.

Y'all have a great day, now, yeah? Thanks for everything!
    Almost back, so excited.

100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

We have to thank you for everything! Its great to have friends like you among us!
    Have a fine weekend and many greetings, Jürgen^^

PSN
    waffle_king23

Thanks, Jurgen! i'm just glad my posts are going through again! i was sweating a little there.

You have a fine weekend, as well!
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Eep oop ork ah ah, that means Tueday Takeaway.

Pink Space - bruce-lee1947
    Man, i wish you could just skip the title drop bits, they feel like they take forever. i actually beat it this time (turns out only two others did, and one was bruce), and i can say, as much as i hate to, that at no point does this become a good level. It remains kludgy and cobbled together, poorly communicative, and just plain confusing throughout. That bit we got stuck on in the video is a great example. See, you're supposed to pull both switches, then go back and reset them to their original positions. There's no indication this is a thing to be done, no visual or auditory cues, i only tried because *shrug* why not? Bruce seems to be trying a lot of different things here, and i have to give them that; but maybe, just maybe, they should focus on one, get it right, and build a level around that.

Ancient Fantasy - keepinwavey
    Still a very solidly presented level with a quite good BGM, but the gameplay can be frustrating as heck. Part of that is cameras, i think. Wavey does a good job showing the environment, but not always such a good job at showing what's important in it, and where you ought be going. There are also a number of places where the most sensible path is distinctly not the one presented (a good example is at the start of the really frustrating hook hat bit at the end). That's not necessarily a bad thing, mind; sequence breaking is, after all, one of the best things about Metroidvanias. As an aside, but i seem to have the devil's own time trying to judge when to jump onto or off of climbing bits that are moving through layers.

The City! - TaRrBoiY
    Yeah, it's the LBP equivalent of Rickrolling (thanks for pointing that out, KG!).

[b]The Adventure of Flying Islands - vollpiix[b]
    i broke the level! Turns out if you die while the Adventure Board is wrapping things up, it causes the game to freak out a little. i respawned at the last checkpoint, except everything was blurry and out-of-focus. Got back to where the end should be, and the Board wouldn't retrigger. but you can see the board's frame, just a bit above. How weird. It's good something new happened, because there wouldn't be much else to talk about. It's still a very pretty level, with fairly slight gameplay. Really quite quick if you don't bother with point bubbles. i noticed this time, that vollpiix does have a bit of a bob on their islands, but only the ones with the propellers on them; so they're not unfamiliar with the concept, at least.

HARD 3 v1.15 - blindfire07
    i still don't know what Super Jump they're talking about in the loading screen. i quite liked the music here, it's just so bouncy (though it will get repetitive after 5minutes or so). Limited myself to 5lives, because i've got things to do, and otherwise i'd be here all day. This isn't my favourite level in this style, but i do appreciate the almost monomaniacal focus on gameplay over visual presentation. Still, i think my fever for these types of levels may be slightly on the wane, and a bit of a break may be for the best; hopefully we won't have a spate of them in the next few episodes (i'm pretty sure there aren't any in the next one, but last Thursday feels fairly far away at the moment). Anyways, HARD is hard. At least for me. Wasn't able to reach my last best of Stage 22 this time, but i'm fine with that.

So that's the that. Everything has some value, even Pink Sky (if only as a learning exercise). i probably would've been more forgiving of The City! if i hadn't been recording it (or, at least, just confused as opposed to cheesed). Though, on the other hand, i guess that can be its own kind of entertainment.

Behind the curtain stuff: We're in the middle of setting up the hub for the 18th's episode. i've got things to the point of details and then dialogue/cameras. i've got a week's vacation coming up, with no money, and my wife out of town for a chunk of it, so i'm not in a particular rush. There should be a few more weeks of alternate hubs, but we're going to have to settle on something a little more long term eventually; i don't think i can keep the pace of making a new hub every week for the remaining 17episodes of the season. i'm also going to try for that LBP1 platinum. i'm basically free to play anytime between the 11th and the 14th. i'll have to put up a "help wanted" post in the LBP forum.

As always, i'm glad you're all enjoying this, and appreciate all the support and feedback. Y'all have a great day now, eh?
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    sir_monacle

Hey, I just watched backstory!

Oh, and waffleking, a "super jump" is where you get to the right corner of a platform, so that your SackPerson is tilted, then jump - doing this will give you a higher jump, though it makes it harder to jump long ways. Good for higher platforms, bad for bigger gaps.

So, now we're getting into the real story stuff, eh? I can understand why won't want to keep making hubs each week, but maybe ya can find a reason story-wise to stay in one hub for a few episodes?

I had fun watching this episode as always, and maybe I can help ya out with those lbp1 trophies? ...Maybe? Could be fun. I'm free from 5:00 PM (Japan time Zone) and from 10:00 PM - Though that's a li'l late.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Quote Originally Posted by Sir monacle View Post
    Hey, I just watched backstory!

Oh, and waffleking, a "super jump" is where you get to the right corner of a platform, so that your SackPerson is tilted, then jump - doing this will give you a higher jump, though it makes it harder to jump long ways. Good for higher platforms, bad for bigger gaps.
    Oh, i think i saw that on the GamesDoneQuick run. i don't think i've ever pulled it off on purpose, though.

So, now we're getting into the real story stuff, eh? I can understand why won't want to keep making hubs each week, but maybe ya can find a reason story-wise to stay in one hub for a few episodes?
    Well, not so much a story-story, just little bits about the world around the show. The 18th's and 25th's episodes are all plotted out; not sure just where i'm going from there, but at least once this dimension hopping bit is finished, we'll be lingering in a single hub (for the most part). i should go back and figure out just how many episodes i spent in any one hub.

I had fun watching this episode as always, and maybe I can help ya out with those lbp1 trophies? ...Maybe? Could be fun. I'm free from 5:00 PM (Japan time Zone) and from 10:00 PM - Though that's a li'l late.
    Thanks! i'm glad it's been fun, and i appreciate the offer! The only one i've got left is the finish a level with three players from my friends list. i've got one person lined up so far, i think she's in Arizona? i'll go back and forth with folks and see if there's a time everyone's open. i'll be open anytime, so that takes one variable out of the equation, at least.
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Alright, back for another installment over here

This week we're taking a look at

Toast Overdose - Happy_Chappy
    Gradia 2: The Forgotten Islands - faceofgame
    Garden Realm! - ola2020
    Sackbots Don't Swim - Major_Maximus
    Beautiful Forest - CodemanPSX

It's a weird run of levels this go around, and one of them really rubbed me the wrong way (maybe that's more on me, than on the level, i don't know). Still, give them a look and see what you think.

Behind the curtain stuff: So, i really ended up liking this hub more than it probably deserved. The only problem is, it's referencing a level that no longer exists, which kind of leaves it as an in-joke that only the maybe 14people who played it will get. i probably should have gone with something different, but sometimes when you get an idea, you just have to run with it.

So, in the interest of illumination, a bit of (real-world) backstory. The last level i made in LBP1 was (quite similar to Castle of Forgotten Toys we looked at in LBsP - 017) a kid's playroom. There were different "worlds" arranged on a series of tables; a city with cars, and a simple logic puzzle; a castle tower with disappearing blocks you had to climb Mega Man-style, that kind of thing. The final boss of the level was the chap we see in today's episode. Anyways, for reasons i can't remember now, i took the level down. It wasn't a particularly bad level (nor, mind you, was it particularly good). Maybe i was thinking of updating it in LBP2, and never got around to it. For whatever reason, since i never backed it up externally, it disappeared when my PS3 went to the clearing at the end of the trail. Our hub's ruler looks the same, and is roughly as goofy; though now he's got elbows, so that's a step up.

Side stuff, but i think we may have our team for the LBP1 plat, i'm going to send a few messages around and see if i can't get folks on the same time-table, but i'm thinking tomorrow or the day after, depending on how everyone's schedules look. Related to LBP1, i just finished up the Story mode again yesterday, and started up LBP2. It feels like sackthing is a lot floatier in the first game, and everything looks almost shockingly sharp. The only way i can think to put it is LBP2 and 3 look like games, 1 looks like something recorded with a particularly nice video camera. It's fairly disconcerting.

So...i guess that's the that, this go around. i hope all of you are well, and, as always, appreciate all the support. Have a great day now!
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Beep beep boop, it's the Tuesday Takeaway!

Toast Overdose - Happy_Chappy
    i had a good enough time with this one. It's still over-short, and it could play to the theme more strongly; but it's fun, and the environment is solidly presented (if kind of, to make a joke, factory-standard). One thing i noticed this go around, you can see the end half of the level from the first Checkpoint, which is something i always like (we see a really solid example of this with Chronos's Voltaic Ruination). So, i got the idea maybe we could sequence break right through to the end (which is always funny). Well, you can get over to the right, but you'll be in the wrong layer, so it's right to the floor with you. However, if you play around down there with the Boost Boots, you can trigger the lighting change. So, now, if you pop yourself, you can play the level in the dark from the beginning, and the lighted materials and objects look pretty cool.

Gradia 2: The Forgotten Islands - faceofgame
    Yeah, the level select page says it was inspired by Laputa, and it...doesn't really work. The environment is too static for starters. Miyazaki is nuts for incidental movement, fiddly details, and selling environments and settings (it's one of the reasons there's so much eating in his movies). The gameplay is fairly basic, as well, and the grab-able platforms can really screw things up. That was what was knocking my Boost Boots off, it seems. Whenever i got caught grabbing a platform, they'd disappear (which is the opposite problem we had with Bottom of the Beast, from Doomymood; though i have the feeling it wasn't intended this time).

Garden Realm! - ola2020
    So, as i mentioned in passing in LBsP - 018, i've been playing lots of LBP2 recently. Just wrapped up the Story Mode, and now i'm looping though Acing the levels (there aren't all that many for me to get, and the Negativitron's Ace is out of the way). It's touching to see that the levels are still getting played, and consistently so. Sure, only double digits for players, but i'm glad there're some legs on the game still. It is, purely from a game perspective, so much better than LBP3. Now, on the other hand, not having Tweakable materials, or the Dephysicalize tool...yeah, i know you can use Grav-tweakers, but still...those are such good tools to have right at hand. i guess what i'm saying is, there's not an awful to say about Garden Realm!, it is a level that exists, and it's not actively unfun. The spotlights are way too bright, though.

Sackbots Don't Swim - Major_Maximus
    i don't think i consciously noticed the lack of point bubbles my first time through, but once KG pointed it out, it was kind of hard to miss. Amusingly, that was something that really stood out in a few levels in next week's show, so maybe my brain was doing background processing. This one's another precision challenger, and though not the hardest we've seen, it can get a bit frustrating. Having those platforms up just a touch longer would have cut into that (though, maybe it would've been a bit too easy?). It's got LBP2 written all over it, as well, though i think Major_Maximus uses more than the three base layers towards the end of the level.

Beautiful Forest [JPN] - CodemanPSX
    There's not really a lot to go with here. It's still a joke level, and the joke is stale and flat; and that just leaves you with a level that feels grindingly long (even though, in clock-time, it really isn't). The funny thing here is Codeman shows some flashes of decent level design and presentation skill (far more, in fact, than he does in his other levels). Some of the effects are nice enough, and the drop into the background section at the end was kind of cool (and i really should've PiP'ed it). i think he could've made something pretty good if he'd set himself to it, instead of making this bitter-feeling thing.

So that's the that. Not a great set of levels, by any means; but fun enough in the main. i can see where a little polish here and there would make a lot of difference.

Behind the curtain stuff: So, i think i'm going to start recording levels before i record the hub from now on. i've had to do that on a few occasions, and it's not something i really like. However, if it'll prevent something coming up like we dealt with in the last LBsP, that'll be worth it i suppose. i've got the hub for episode 40 basically done, just cameras and dialogue to do (granted, i'm cheating a bit with this one, but it's something i've had in the back of my mind to do for a bit now). My wife's back in town, but she'll be working the next few days, so it should be not too difficult to get back on my regular schedule. i swear, long stretches of time off, without some plan filling them really does my sense of time in. i don't necessarily want to go back to work, but it does give a shape to life.

It's pretty weird to think, but once we wrap up Episode 40, we'll be in the back 1/4th of the season. Time for me to start putting serious thought into what comes next.

As always, thanks for the support and feedback folks! Y'all have a great day!
    Almost back, so excited.

17. Thanks!

PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Hahaha, Tuesday again! Today I'm a little bit confused cause we have a feast day here, so its feeling more like Sunday than like Tuesday! Thank you for keeping my sense of time maintained!
    Have a fine Tuesday and many greetings, Jürgen^^

19. Thanks!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7