BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 1,593
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Omg! Thats a really great idea to do a double with a behind the scenes episode! Are there still any front row seat tickets available?
    Thanks once again and many greetings, Jürgen^^

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 894
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

Hah! There's always a seat in the audience for you, Jurgen!

Ossu! This week's episode is ready to go!

This time around we're looking at:

Zafari: Mountain Crusade - MarcusBishop
    Layered Blue - LemonPeach
    A Place to Dream - williamcido
    Grapple Madness - Kronos__NL
    The Footslog of Fallen Machines - ninpy

An eclectic set this time. to be honest, i hadn't intended to get a Survival Challenge mixed up in the set. Or to be more precise, i'd been kicking around the idea of an episode that was all survival challenges. Somehow, despite looking at the lbp.me page any number of times, it only clicked that's what Grapple Madness was when i was actually recording the title page. *sigh* Got to get my head in the game, i guess. Still a fun set, in the end. Hope you find something there that piques your interest.

As for behind the curtain-y stuff. Was a bit weird being back in the regular hub after the last 3episodes being at different locations. i don't think i could do a new place for every episode, but i think there may be some changes in the works coming up. Also, i think i may need to do a complete reworking of my logic systems. They're functional, but have gotten pretty crufted over with additions over the past few weeks. i think i can tidy them up to make things a little easier to work with. Also, i know the cameras bug out a little this go around. Don't know what the issue there was; i'd tested them enough before the recording started...maybe i've got imps.

Like i mentioned in last Tuesday's takeaway, i'm planning on having an extra episode paired with #26. The current idea is just to walk through the stages of putting an episode together, taking a look at finding levels, and the logic of the hub. That may or may not be interesting on its own. If there's anything y'all would like to know, serious or funny questions, either/or, let me know in thread or by PM. i'll credit questions in the episode, so if you don't want your name mentioned tell me. Also, since my usual method of finding levels starts with my hearted creators/recent activities pages, if you'd rather not have yours pop up, that'd be something to let me know too (i don't know where i'll be starting my search, it's going to be a play it by ear, but i know some folks might not appreciate seeing their lbp.me info on the screen).

Thanks everyone for all the support, feedback, advice and everything. This series has, and continues to be a lot of fun putting together, and i'm glad people are getting something out of it as well. Recently has been the first time i've been juggling multiple games at once, but hopefully the weirdness that does to my recording schedule isn't coming through in the episodes themselves.

Thanks again, and have a great day!
    Almost back, so excited.

3. Thanks!

100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Thank you once again, waffleking23, your first-impressions-series is an absolute lbp highlight to me!
    Have a fine weekend and many greetings, Jürgen^^

5. Thanks!

7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

Beedie beedie beedie, Tuesday Takeaway, Buck.

Zafari: Mountain Crusade - MarcusBishop

My feelings didn't really change too much here. i know Ostler5000 (over on Sackinima) said it seemed a bit too cluttered, but i still found myself liking the depth of design. The cutscenes and falling bit were a little much at times, but that's more on me wanting to move a bit faster, as the level sells itself early on as a story-platformer. It does end on a cliffhanger that has not been resolved as yet. i don't have the time to check the publish date right now, so i can't say if we should expect a part 2 to come or not. Also, everytime i read the creator's name, it makes me think of a Lasombra bishop from VtES, but i can't remember which one, and can't be bothered to look it up.

Layered Blue - LemonPeach

This one, too, kind of sits in the same place for me. i still love the design, and the variety of gameplay. i've yet to see another creator do quite so much with layers as gameplay, as opposed to layers as environmental design. i didn't get to bring it up in the video, but there're a ton of little 4th Wall breaking animations your sackthing will do, and lots of little interactions with the environment that are just charming (splatting into the windows was a nice touch). i ended up getting hung up in the same place i did when i made the episode. There's a longish bit where you're bouncing foreground to background on these moving platforms. You've got to keep up with the one in the background while navigating obstacles. i could get about 3/4s of the way through before i'd fall behind, which requires the sequence to be restarted from scratch. After a couple of times of that, my frustration level was just a bit too high to want to continue. That's on me, though, and you may not have nearly as much trouble with it. This is one of the few times i've said this, but this one probably would've been a Green Circle if there was a little bit less here.

A Place to Dream - williamcido

i continued to want to really like this one, and i continued to be disappointed. i'm going to stand by my red triangle. While the paper town at the beginning is charmingly presented, and is a style i do particularly enjoy, touch up and playtesting really need to be done. The attract-o-gel bit after what we saw in the video managed to be frustrating even when done with a fresh brain, and it was still easier to kill myself after triggering the switch than to go back through in reverse. Unless death is intended to be a progress mechanic (like with Swooper, many episodes back), that's probably not a feeling you want to engender in your player. i did finally manage to get the block puzzle to work, so that's on me, but the switches were still acting funny, which could lead to a player thinking they're broken (i'd grab them, and maybe the mechanism would decide to move). Then, well...i don't know how or why, but i'd managed to lose my hookhat. Except there was no way to get a new one, and no way to progress without one, so i just had to quit out. Maybe i'll go back and try to beat this one, but...i kind of doubt it.

Grapple Madness - Kronos__NL

This one is pretty much what it is. Like Chronos453 (over on LittleBigNetwork) pointed out, a few other methods to score points might be nice for flavour. i think it would have immensely benefited from the new-style restart the challenge without having to trigger the scoreboard; but then i think you could say that about any survival challenge. i've found myself far more willing to jump back in and try to beat my score since those have been introduced.

The Footslog of Fallen Machines - ninpy

Playing through again just allowed me to wallow in all the charm of this level. i am such a sucker for well-presented mechanical bits. As i mentioned in the video, i can appreciate (intellectually) the effort that goes into solid, in-microchip logic; but in-game, you just kind of see the effect; i don't think the brain (or maybe my brain, granted), quite processes it. Seeing all the moving parts, and it really sinks in how impressive the machine is. Then again, we've long established my clockwork fetish, so this might be a corollary of that. Anyway, ninpy has become one of my most consistently enjoyed creators, and that deserves props. If i had to make any quibbles here (and i suppose i'm kind of contractually obliged) it would be that sometimes the material choice and lighting can make it look like some metal bits are electrified when they actually aren't. i don't think there's much of a way around that and still keep the theme, though, so *shrug*. Oh! i managed to escape the tank this time! Woot!

So that's it for this week. We're getting close to doing recordings again. i'm trying out a slightly different prompting and camera system, so the set-up's taking a bit longer, but all of this stuff is modular, so it should pay dividends in future episodes. Plus, i do have that extra day off this week.

Thanks as always, folks! Remember, we're still accepting questions. Y'all have a great day!
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! This week's episode landing here!

We're taking a look at:

Space Vortex 1.07 - XxVisioN6sic6xX
    Pneumatic - StrawberryHeat
    Crazy Castle! - Leo2309
    Molecules platformer - Torterra02
    Moon Palace - LevelExpert61

All interesting, fun levels worth a little time spent with; and none of them as long as Layered Blue (though Molecules platformer is definitely on the longish side). Hope you find something that catches your eye.

Behind the curtain:

This week...i dunno, i might just be riding myself a bit too hard (this is not fishing for complements, by the way)...it feels a little on the disjointed side. i suppose it's a consequence of only having one take with the levels. If anything feels off to you, let me know, yeah? i'd wanted to toss in a little extra footage during the wrap-up like Ostler5000 suggested, but it just slipped my mind. Am going to have to make a point of it in the future (maybe i could put a sticky note on the tv when i'm recording).

Ended up having to scrap the intro (after who knows how many retakes), on account of one of the levels turning out to be a pure gallery (which i should've noticed from the level select page), and one of the levels being...well...it wasn't a complete hot mess, but it was grindingly uninteresting, and the commentary reflected that in the worst way. Hopefully those were the right choices.

We're kicking around the idea of doing a side-project in the same vein as R15F. When i started this, my idea was (among other things), to always look at new (for me) levels and creators. i think this has served well...but it does lend its own constraints. There are creators i'd like to look back in on, f'rex. And there are some old gems i wouldn't mind showing off (though some of them were played so far back, it may as well be first impressions to do them again). i've also tried to avoid levels with significant numbers of plays (since people would probably be familiar with them), and levels from LBP1 and 2 (since they can be breaky).

So...the current possible idea, a quick one level per-episode show; keeping the same 3or so minute per-level plus a few minutes of commentary at the end. This would be pretty simple and stripped down, no banter in the hub in the beginning, just straight into the level. Also, no set publishing schedule, just putting out something when it takes my fancy (though i'd like to keep once a week as a minimum). This is all a little early stages, but if anyone has any thoughts, let me know, yeah?

Thanks everyone! i hope you're having a great day; and we'll rap at y'laters!
    Last edited by waffleking23; 05-04-2017 at 11:00 PM.
    Almost back, so excited.

8. Thanks!

PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Hi waffle_king,

for all your efforts you should get a gold medal! So to the community manager! This could be a candidate for one of these crowns given for an extraordinary effort for the community!

Thanks and have a fine weekend, Jürgen^^

PSN
    waffle_king23

Thanks Jurgen! i don't know about a crown, i just hope the community gets something out of these, since it's given me a lot of fun already.

Have a great weekend!
    Almost back, so excited.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    sir_monacle

Hey, Waffle iron WaffkeKing, I liked the video!

I haven't watched one in a long time. Although out of the 2... 3 I've seen, they all seemed to be a platformer featuring Sackboy. Perhaps one day you'll review a level with toggle, or a level with somethin' else with a similar gimmick.

(If you haven't already, or if that's the point of this thing.... I don't know.)

It's a shame that you're ghost now, too. That's going to make things difficult, I imagine.

signature 2016: "2016 yet I'm still using a PlayStation 3...." --sir monacle

signature 2017: "The more you struggle with something, the more rewarding it feels to finish it." --sir monacle

PSN
    waffle_king23

Quote Originally Posted by Sir monacle View Post
    Hey, Waffle iron WaffkeKing, I liked the video!

I haven't watched one in a long time. Although out of the 2... 3 I've seen, they all seemed to be a platformer featuring Sackboy. Perhaps one day you'll review a level with toggle, or a level with somethin' else with a similar gimmick.

(If you haven't already, or if that's the point of this thing.... I don't know.)

It's a shame that you're ghost now, too. That's going to make things difficult, I imagine.
    Welcome back! Yeah...ghosthood...at least i can get into movies for free.

A lot of the levels tend to be sackboy, because those come up most frequently when i search. Toggle and Oddsock do appear periodically. i don't remember the episode number offhand, it was either 13, 14, or 15? At any rate, the title was Mutant, we did a focus on the other characters (though one level that claimed to have them all, they showed up after the 3minute mark). If a level with one crops up, i do enjoy getting it in an episode.

Anyhow, thanks for the support, and have a great day!

- - - - - - - - - -

Beedie beedie boop...It's the Tuesday Takeaway!

Space Vortex 1.07 - XxVisioN6sic6xX
    So, i got a message from VisioN (i'm not typing that full name out again) that'd made the monkeybars section a little easier. i'm...not really sure how one would go about that, there're not very many moving pieces to tweak; but having said that, when i played through again this morning, i was able to get through them without falling once, and i doubt it was my skill that improved. It was nice to have a nice leisurely stroll through this one and not have to worry about the clock (either recording or going-to-work version). The level is just gorgeous. The amount of detail and deco work that have gone into this is pretty nuts right on the face. To back that up with some actual engaging gameplay that tries a few things that i've not seen used much (which, mind you, does not mean they're not actually common). i really can't say too much bad about this one...i guess the warp animation could aggravate someone?

Pneumatic - StrawberryHeat
    i found myself appreciating this one a little more on the third go around. i really like the workout they give the pumpinator, it is so the red-headed stepchild of the Story Mode. i mean,really, how often do you even get forced to use it? i suppose that could say something about balance in power-up design, because the Boost Boots are about the only one that's consistently useful throughout. The different, i don't really want to say puzzles, but obstacles can require a little noodling to figure out, while still not slowing the level to a crawl. Which is why i'm still a little confused why they felt the need to shoehorn the Oddsock segment in. It's not quite as bad the third time around, but it's still kind of jarring and clunky. It doesn't help that the race gate (which i only this time realized is completely optional) is set on a layer behind the area you'll be running through, in kinda an open box. The first time through i kept thinking i needed to wall jump in that area to move on, because why else would they put it where it was (or so my brain said).

Crazy Castle - Leo2309
    i still enjoyed this level well enough, but something came up that made me wonder if i should change my second run style. See, there's this bit of sponge that's attached to a sliding block, yeah? You're supposed to grab it, slide across a gap, and grab onto a rotating sponge bit. It's real easy-peasy...and so, of course, this time i screwed it up. And the sliding block doesn't reset position, so you're left sitting there, looking at a progress point you can't possibly reach. So...i'm wondering if i should try doing my second runs playing like a complete idiot, just miss every jump, fall down every hole, bring key pieces to the wrong places. Basically go out of my way to try to break the level, to see if spots like this come up. 'cause it'll never happen to happen to 99% of the people who play this stage, but for that 1%...it's going to feel pretty darn salty, and i can't imagine they'll restart the stage to get past it (this comes up pretty far in...after the monkeybars, at least).

Molecules platformer - Torterra02
    This is another one my feelings slid a bit south on. i still like the sparseness of the level, the way that it focuses you in on play. But i ran into a number of places that seemed to be bugged out. Like invisible walls that were intended to block progress until something had been done not actually going away when that thing had been done. Basically, just a once or twice go through all the logic to make sure things are triggering like they ought to be. It's still a really good stage, but taking my time with it made mistakes stand out more clearly.

Moon Palace - LevelExpert61

This one...you know, it's like KG said, it serves really well as a compact Adventure stage, and i could see pretty easily how it could be folded into a full adventure. The setting's got a lot of charm, and it's been very well crafted to put that charm on display. The more cartoony Adventure Time decos were a real good fit as well. The Sack-wizards were cool (though i didn't entirely appreciate how their homing stars would stick around even when they'd been killed, 'cause sometimes they would pop off just when they died, and you'd get kacked unexpectedly). The only gross complaint i could levy would be that the sequencers are longer than they really need to be, and the Magic Mouths are skippable, so you can end up sitting unmoving for a bit waiting for the sequencer to catch up.
    All of that is great, and then...there are something like 50or 60 Community Objects here. Many, if not most, are forced on you (because they'll be right in a layer launcher's flight arc, f'rex). To add insult to injury, and i don't like to be too harsh on people, but they are all functionally trash. Just metal discs with a sticker on them. i mean *shrug* i'm sure some time was spent making them, and maybe LE61's proud of them and wants to show them off...but i don't need all this crammed in my poppit. Look, a couple of prizes in a level, even if they're unavoidable, i mean it's forgivable, but this is just far too much. Even on later playthroughs, with community objects turned off, just the fact of them grated on me, even more than monkeybars. i don't know why that should be, but it's there.

So...that's the that for this week. Next episode is all wrapped up, and i woke up at 4.30 this morning, so i got to put some time into the one following (of course, bleary half-asleep-brain time is half effective...which means here that i spent something like 2hours trying to dekink something completely stupid, and probably simple, and ended up with a big cludgy mess of logic...but hey, at least it functions).

i'm going to hold off on recording the special episode as long as i can, but that probably means Thursday of next week (and i'd like to do it a little sooner). If you've got something you want to know, let me know pretty soon.

Hope you're doing well out there, yeah? Thanks for all the feedback and support, as always.
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Guten morgen all! This week's episode is pipin' hot over here!

We're taking a look at

Palace of the Water God - NEMO2113
    Eve's gardens - the_one_age33
    BLACK AND WHITE WORLD - Garwind
    Jjust 5 Minutes - seefido
    In the deep of the ocean - SrFreeze

Had a lot of fun with this one. Outside of a few snags with the hub, the re-recordings were relatively minimal. i'm trying out a new (and hopefully final) style of triggering dialogue in the hub, and outside of maybe a little more buffing as far as timing of the sequencer, it all went pretty smooth. The levels were fun (well, barring one, and even it had some redeeming features), and i think i was able to use all the ones originally on my list.

We actually got this one done early this go about. Point in fact we actually have next week's episode done as well. This is all to the good, though it does come with its own consequences, namely sometimes (like when replying to Mateos over on Sackinima) i forget what episode i'm talking about sometimes.

We're trying to incorporate extra video in the wrap-up section. It's...still a little awkward, but i think the more i think about it, the easier it'll be to insert something actually useful. If the next few episodes feel a little janky in that regard, be a little forgiving. Actually, that's something i could ask you. What would you be looking for as far as additional footage? Is there some aspect you'd like focused on? Remember, your feedback makes better episodes. As a connected aside, it'd have to be video footage. Photos turned out to be too thermo-intensive to work into the actual hub, and fairly difficult to work into the video during the editing process (actually, that may not be possible with ShareFactory; at least i couldn't figure a way to do it on first blush).

Still waking up early, so may as well use that time productively. Did a little work on the hub for next, next week's episode, as well as the bonus episode's stuff. The last chance for questions will be Wednesday (that's Jside time). So if you (like the lauded Mateos) wanna know something, let me know.

Hope life is treating you all well. i appreciate all the support and feedback. This whole thing has been pretty great for me, it's given me a chance to play a lot of really fun levels (granted, with a few clunkers tossed in), and generally give something back to the community. If you're finding a few new levels too, or just enjoying watching, i'm pretty well over the moon.

So, thank you all, so much.
    Last edited by waffleking23; 05-11-2017 at 10:59 PM.
    Almost back, so excited.

100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    sir_monacle

Quote Originally Posted by waffleking23 View Post
    Ossu! Guten morgen all! This week's episode is pipin' hot over here!

We're taking a look at

Eve's gardens - the_one_age33
    Jjust 5 Minutes - seefido

Had a lot of fun with this one. Outside of a few snags with the hub, the re-recordings were relatively minimal. i'm trying out a new (and hopefully final) style of triggering dialogue in the hub, and outside of maybe a little more buffing as far as timing of the sequencer, it all went pretty smooth. The levels were fun (well, barring one, and even it had some redeeming features), and i think i was able to use all the ones originally on my list.

We actually got this one done early this go about. Point in fact we actually have next week's episode done as well. This is all to the good, though it does come with its own consequences, namely sometimes (like when replying to Mateos over on Sackinima) i forget what episode i'm talking about sometimes.

We're trying to incorporate extra video in the wrap-up section. It's...still a little awkward, but i think the more i think about it, the easier it'll be to insert something actually useful. If the next few episodes feel a little janky in that regard, be a little forgiving. Actually, that's something i could ask you. What would you be looking for as far as additional footage? Is there some aspect you'd like focused on? Remember, your feedback makes better episodes. As a connected aside, it'd have to be video footage. Photos turned out to be too thermo-intensive to work into the actual hub, and fairly difficult to work into the video during the editing process (actually, that may not be possible with ShareFactory; at least i couldn't figure a way to do it on first blush).

Still waking up early, so may as well use that time productively. Did a little work on the hub for next, next week's episode, as well as the bonus episode's stuff. The last chance for questions will be Wednesday (that's Jside time). So if you (like the lauded Mateos) wanna know something, let me know.

Hope life is treating you all well. i appreciate all the support and feedback. This whole thing has been pretty great for me, it's given me a chance to play a lot of really fun levels (granted, with a few clunkers tossed in), and generally give something back to the community. If you're finding a few new levels too, or just enjoying watching, i'm pretty well over the moon.

So, thank you all, so much.

I'm six hours late, but I've just saw the video pop-up on YouTube! It's 6:00 over here, so perhaps I should watch the video later...

Perhaps with a bowl of porridge, too...

signature 2017: "The more you struggle with something, the more rewarding it feels to finish it." --sir monacle

PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

And again I'm looking forward to watch another fantastic episode!
    Have a fine weekend and many greetings, Jürgen^^

PSN
    waffle_king23

Thanks a lot, both of you! Hope you see a level you like.
    Almost back, so excited.

LBPC Bounty Hunter Devious_Oatmeal's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points Created Album pictures 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Cryogen00

I kind of binge-watched all your episodes a little while ago; maybe a week ago. Fun stuffs. Though full disclosure- I mostly watch it for the levels and KIND of skip some of the beginning and ending dialog. Though that is partly for a few reasons, two of which are that your voice is the only voiced thing, and you react quickly to what they say before I even finish reading them; but mostly the one voice thing. And the other reason is because I mostly watched them at work when I have down time so I needed to make some time. Still enjoying them though.

I still really REALLY wish this game was on PC as well. So much potential.

18. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Thanks Devious! i don't mind you skipping the intros/outros at all, i appreciate that there's at least part of the episode you get something out of. i'm really glad you mentioned about the timing of responding, it's something i've been trying to work on. i'll try to keep it a little more firmly in mind.

Boop, boop-be-doop, Tuesday Takeaway!

Playing through this morning i found myself enjoying this one even more, not that i hadn't enjoyed it the first time, mind. There's a lot of mechanical interaction with the environment, which i really like. There's a good mix of simple gameplay as well (though you are doing a fair amount of running across level ground, to be perfectly honest). i liked the inclusion of secret score bubbles, they weren't particularly difficult to find, but they weren't super obvious either (and somehow, i ended up getting the high score by about 20000points). The points against here are camera and sound. The cameras tend to be a bit more pulled out than necessary, and while the level is nicely decorated it's not quite visually busy enough to warrant it. As to the sound, the music doesn't change at all throughout the level which i felt undercut things a bit; also there doesn't seem to be much in the way of environmental sound design either. i don't usually notice that, because my ears aren't the greatest, but it did stand out for me this time around. Still, this one felt like it could've been a green circle as well as a yellow square.

Eve's Garden - the_one_age33
    Didn't shift so much here. i continued to like the setting, though it doesn't really connect to the Eve theme that much (some of the material pallet is from the Asylum, but it's far more Japanese gardens for most of the stage). It's a nice enough level to walk through, but that's really almost all you'll be doing in. There's a little gameplay, but it's pretty scant. There's an ode to the creator's (at the time, i imagine) recently passed-away dog, on which i throw no shade; though i wonder if it was necessary to hide it behind a 2minute player-sensor triggered timer.

Don't know why i was convinced the creator's name was Garland during the intro. Maybe i had FFTactics on the brain (Garland was a bad guy in that one, right?). i...struggled with this one. i did like the presentation to an extent (barring the cameras). i've seen silhouetting pulled off a little more smoothly, still it seemed to fit the level pretty well. The issues with being able to plan your path, though, really make the level frustrating. There are just tons of cheap deaths. Also, there were a few areas where it seemed the only way to get forward was to sequence break. i don't think that was intended, but if you strictly follow the path as presented, there are a few areas that are almost impossible to get through. Also, also some of the spikes and jump pads/launchers aren't set to unmovable, and your death can push them away from where they're originally set, so later passes through the area can end up with jump pads sending you right onto spikes. This one really needs another go through to polish things up.

Just 5 Minutes - Seefido
    Truth in advertising, i never did figure out the last puzzle. i still think that was on me, there was just something i wasn't seeing. Still had a lot of fun going through the level, and even with a pretty solid understanding of the layout, i still had a bit of a hard time with it. i like these clever puzzlers sometimes, and i'm glad that this one was compact enough to put in the episode.

Man, i just loved this one. The presentation is solid on, and i loved the flat look of things here. On top of that, the level does a great job of keeping you moving and acting throughout, and doesn't overstay its welcome at all. The gameplay is varied, and just challenging enough to make you work a little and giving you a bit of a feeling of accomplishment when it's done. Not really much changed in how i felt about the level this go around, but it's one i'd like to go back to again.

So that's the that this go around. Four solid levels, and one that could conceivably buffed up into something better. We're ready to go recording on the bonus episode, so that'll probably be getting going soon. Next week's set is all put together, so that should be getting started on Thursday, i hope. i really want to keep this week backlog buffer in place, it's a heck of a lot less stress.

As always, thanks to all of you! We wouldn't have made it six months without you. Hope your life's going well!
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

I have to confess that I didn't find the time to play any of these levels cause of birthday and Mother's Day and wedding anniversary...May is a rather eventful month for me! But I will try to catch up on them! Thanks and many greetings, Jürgen^^

21. Thanks!

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

Oh my! I didn't realize these were current! Imma binge one of these days for some good levels!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Yep, they're served up piping hot every week! Hope you find something in them you like!

Okee dokee, New episodes on tap! Regular is here. Premium is over here.

We're taking a look at

Frozen Gear - lukas3tri
    Colorful fun run - Baby-Luigi123
    The Township of Malgamor - TheAliklumKnight
    Desert Temple - GuiSly
    Corrosive Caverns 3 - loopy1200

Had a lot of fun with these levels. Baby-Luigi123's, in particular, was a hoot to play. Putting things together in general went smoothly as well, which was unexpected and appreciated. This will be the last week we'll be using Cutaways in the wrap-up. i've kinda sorta got my head wrapped around PIP. At least i get how to make it work, if not quite yet how to make it look good.

About the Bonus episode... i don't know. On one hand, i'm glad i made it; on the other, i wonder if it wouldn't have been better broken into more focused pieces. i don't know what the issue was, but my brain was pretty clearly going a bit sideways by the end (all told, with retakes, it took about 8hrs of recording).
    Minor errors to point out: whenever i say anything about me making a "level," please substitute "episode" (except when i'm actually talking about making a level). When i get to make my posts early (which is not every week), they're saved in Note, not Word...i don't even have Word.

The bit about having scheduled publishing on YouTube isn't a mistake, i did have it for about two weeks, then suddenly the feature got taken off my account without notice yesterday. It kinda sucks on account of it being really helpful. i contacted them about it, but i doubt anything will come of it.

Anyhow, this has been a pretty great experience putting these together these last six months. All of this is thanks to all of you, and i'm so glad the show has found a home in the community. i wish all of you the best of days, and look forward to the next 6months of 15minutes Fresh!
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    sir_monacle

Wow, Behind the scenes?

I can't wait to see how you do things in this series!

25. Thanks!

PSN
    sir_monacle

I was looki9ng around your channel, when I found this:

it was lost between a lot of Binding of Isaac. It's actually quite helpful.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast