BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Some of you still hanging around I see! Awesome. For the first time ever I put my sony console back in the box way ahead of its inevitable death as I don't have any exclusives left to play on it. I game on my pc and switch but I'm just waiting for news of a beta. I'm getting this game! I haven't played LBP in a looong time. Miss it. Much luvz.

Media Molecule fans should seriously migrate over to discord. Set it up and announce it and I'm there. Or has it already happened?
    Last edited by BasketSnake; 11-08-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 953
    Overall activity: 53.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Yeah some of us are still around.

I hope some veteran creators like Ima-Taka or Darknessbear come back and create cool stuff in Dreams!

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 140
    Overall activity: 92.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    gurren009

Totally agree with you @mdkd99!

Also, as for the Dreams BETA, I'm fine with it coming whenever. Be it 2018, or 2019. Dreams is a huge project, and I don't expect it to come out before at least 2020.

4. Thanks!

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

2020? I don't think Sony would let that slide. I don't actually think any publisher would let that slide. The only reason I think we haven't heard any news is that they made Media Molecule choose between rushing the project or waiting and making it a big VR debut. Totally speculation, but it sounds like a sony move (and hey, I'd be cool with having Media Molecule influencing VR in games)

100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    gurren009

Quote Originally Posted by koltonaugust View Post
    2020? I don't think Sony would let that slide. I don't actually think any publisher would let that slide. The only reason I think we haven't heard any news is that they made Media Molecule choose between rushing the project or waiting and making it a big VR debut. Totally speculation, but it sounds like a sony move (and hey, I'd be cool with having Media Molecule influencing VR in games)
    Sony might be upset with it, but in all honesty, I think if MM's project really is still in a deep development process, I can see the release date of the game being extended to 2020 or 2021. I think Sony has screwed MM over a lot in the past, especially with LBP3, not allowing Sumo to spend more time polishing the game and essentially ruining MM's franchise. I'm hoping that if MM ever again comes with a block from Sony, they'll push through that and focus on making the best game possible, no matter how many delays it takes.

Oh yeah, the VR debut could be one reason. The game has been in development for several years, and the only explanation for why they haven't been showing any footage is that maybe they're still experimenting with the VR technology. All in all though, I'm just hoping that MM publishes their game when THEY want it, not when Sony wants it.

7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

The other reason I think they're doing VR (despite sony having minor notoriety in regards to rushing things (not as much as EA or other publishers though)) is that was mentioned a lot in the last bit of videos we got about Dreams. In addition to that, I do not think the state of the game was years away from release based on the videos. It had sounded like they were just fixing up technical things and the story before beta. If they were to implement VR that would delay the release big time, which it seems is the case. I do think going VR is the right route though for this type of game. Hopefully they'll release non VR controls as well (considering the trailer had them it would be weird not to), but it's out of my control. It would simply be a matter of when I get it then.

PSN
    gurren009

I would agree. Although currently they're aren't a lot of games out for VR, though some were announced last E3. I think VR might be a huge opportunity for Dreams to really shine, depending on how MM implements it. I think they should do a Collector's edition for Dreams, that comes with the game and the PS VR technology.

PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

That would be way more appealing to me. If there's one company I trust to make a big impact (in a good way) for VR, it's Media Molecule.

10. Thanks!

7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

I never thought about Dreams being a VR game. I like the concept of VR, but it feels like a halfway finished idea in my opinion.

Yeah but it would explain why Dreams is a big project. And when it comes to LBP3, Sony really owes MM more than enough dev time. LBP3 is great, but the technical side of things is not very bright. Every game that gets rushed is buggy as hell. Why do publishers never learn?

E3 is only 4 months away Y'all ,Wonder what we can expect .

Journey Rebirth 2 was included in LBPC Community Spotlight Episode 120 9/13/13

Journey Rebirth 2 was included in LBN PICKS 21 9/22/13

13. Thanks!

PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

I think they will reveal more concrete stuff like some tools or something. The folks are getting hungry for more.

15. Thanks!

PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

I'm expecting another absence jk.

17. Thanks!

PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Well this could also be the case.

Either way, I think the best we can do is to be patient. Give 'em time to polish Dreams and to present something interesting instead of 'something'.

19. Thanks!

PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

They are definitely going to be there. It would be a terrible marketing move to start streams and then stop. The other thing is they've finally hit the code freeze point where they are no longer adding any new features for development and are focusing exclusively on bugs.

21. Thanks!

PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Oh that sounds nice! So they're fixing bugs now? Like small ones or something? I say: Take your time. Don't worry, we'll wait and be excited when Dreams comes out.

23. Thanks!

PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

I'm only speculating, but from their last stream they did say they finally stopped adding features. Or at least the way they phrased it was now what dreams you see is the dreams you are going to get. It was a bit vague, but it would be weird if they weren't at the bug fix only phase. Of course they'll be working on other features, but I'm assuming the version they are streaming is the version we will be receiving, meaning some features they are working on won't be added to THAT version, but maybe later.At least that's how I interpreted their discussion

25. Thanks!

Beta announcement before or at E3. The beta will begin in August and end in October and the game's release date -Nov 11th- will be announced at E3. The game will also be delayed for X amount of time.

27. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by koltonaugust View Post
    I'm only speculating, but from their last stream they did say they finally stopped adding features. Or at least the way they phrased it was now what dreams you see is the dreams you are going to get. It was a bit vague, but it would be weird if they weren't at the bug fix only phase. Of course they'll be working on other features, but I'm assuming the version they are streaming is the version we will be receiving, meaning some features they are working on won't be added to THAT version, but maybe later.At least that's how I interpreted their discussion
    Not so! Alex just added transitions between level links:

https://twitter.com/mmalex/status/96...49081789960192

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,231
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BasketSnake View Post
    Beta announcement before or at E3. The beta will begin in August and end in October and the game's release date -Nov 11th- will be announced at E3. The game will also be delayed for X amount of time.

What?..there is no X in time. lol
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

30. Thanks!

PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GribbleGrunger View Post
    Not so! Alex just added transitions between level links:

https://twitter.com/mmalex/status/96...49081789960192
    Guess I was wrong :P

32. Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast