BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by mdkd99 View Post
    This sounds interesting. Where did you get that information?
    If you're referring to theck, thack, and thock, a quick google search will suffice.
    But I personally know of them from back in LBP1. You see... then, we didn't have Sackbots.
    So someone made a ragdoll whose torso was thin-layered, and limbs & head (still appearing thin) were Theck-layered.
    It was more convincing than a cardboard cutout, but nowhere near the level of a Sackbot.
    Another version would've been possible if Thock was achievable at the time: thin-layered limbs & head, and Thock-layered torso (Thock also appears thin).
    There were of course other uses for the trio of sub-layers, but that use was what I found most beneficial back in the day.

Anywho, Devious_Oatmeal, I made you a block who's thickness corresponds to Sackboy's height.
    As far as the other dimensions, I set those as measurements of when Sackboy sets-off impact sensors.

The link to the temp. level is: https://lbp.me/v/q1fnmpn/activity
    Last edited by Bonnell7; 05-24-2017 at 11:47 PM.

2. Thanks!

So uh... I'm only hosting this level temporarily.
    If you want the block, please take it so that I can delete the level.

4. Thanks!

LBPC Bounty Hunter Devious_Oatmeal's Avatar
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 828
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points Created Album pictures 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Cryogen00

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnell7 View Post
    So uh... I'm only hosting this level temporarily.
    If you want the block, please take it so that I can delete the level.
    Gotta love my timing. I was away for a good bit of time as there was some renovation going on at my home. I had not seen that you made this level at the time, so I was unable to fetch it yet. Buuut, I am starting up my PS3 right now to go and get it.

But! Quick question. How well does it work with the in/out mover?

I still really REALLY wish this game was on PC as well. So much potential.

6. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Devious_Oatmeal View Post
    Gotta love my timing. I was away for a good bit of time as there was some renovation going on at my home. I had not seen that you made this level at the time, so I was unable to fetch it yet. Buuut, I am starting up my PS3 right now to go and get it.

But! Quick question. How well does it work with the in/out mover?
    Works fine. The constituent bits that make up the block are all glued together, so they operate as a solid block when using movers.
    But as they're not positioned in the main layers, selecting the block will cause the bits to jump to the nearest main layer.
    So emit it from an emitter, and move it with movers... just don't select it.

The dimensions are based on when impact sensors trigger while being pressed against Sackboy.
    This doesn't say much about visual height/width/depth, but says loads about how Sackboy interacts with the world around him.
    If instead you'd like a block that conforms more to Sackboy's visual dimensions, just let me know.
    Last edited by Bonnell7; 06-09-2017 at 03:21 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2