BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Ossu! Back for another go about!

Episode 082 - NorthBury Grove [The Hunt Begins]

This time around we're taking a second look at NorthBury Grove [The Hunt Begins] by Z0LvLL3LE. We had a go at this one on stream awhile back, and i wanted to really get at it here. If you've not played it yet, the intro-movie level NorthBury Grove [The Horror] should be gone through first for context. Thanks as always for all the support and feedback folks. Hope you have a great day!

Behind the Curtains Stuffs
    i actually have new curtains now, so i can record in the day and still see the laptop screen. This is a nice step up.

Quick heads up, but this just happened with an episode i put together today. So...my video got flagged for a copyright violation (which is a pretty constant occurrence with LBP3, to be honest), but instead of just the usual "this video can't be monetized/ads may play ahead of it for the copyright holder's benefit" notice i usually get, this time it was "this video may not be viewable in some countries." Now the ding was for "Mr. Sandman." i don't know if the holders have gotten more aggressive, or if YouTube is getting more cautious, or what, but if you can't watch episode 085, that'll be the reason why. See? i've always maintained that song was evil.

2. Thanks!

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 860
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Back again with a little bite!

Episode 083 - The Cardboard Adventure!

This go about we're taking a look at The Cardboard Adventure! by echostar3. The too long/didn't watch is it's...got some nice touches in character design, but it's a bit slow going due to a lack in the variety of gameplay. Still, give it a look, yeah? The creator is looking to improve, and more eyes on their work could help.
    Thanks as always for the support and feedback, and i hope you have a great day!

i managed to screw up the calendar in this one, i'm so used to a every Friday update schedule everytime i need to change the date, i want to cycle it forward a full week.

This does nothing to explain how i screwed up the calendar on Friday's episode, mind you.

i find myself continuing to get wrapped up putting together hubs, even though they'll only be on screen for like, what, 7minutes max? It's fun though, so *shrug* whatever i suppose.

Vacation's coming up, i have no plans, but i'm tossing together a backlog so i don't have to do much production work. Maybe i'll take a trip or something.

Missed the stream on Sunday because my body just decided it would be...sick? i put up something about it on Twitter, but basically i woke up (again) feeling like hell, and it was very akin to being hungover...which is completely unfair! Was shagged out and just dragging myself through the day. Like not even enough muscle control to actually be able to sustain a smile, even a fakey one, which is kind of a necessity for what i do. At any rate, it would have made for a crap stream. We'll definitely have an LBP3 stream Friday, though.

You ever have one of those things aggravating the living heck out of you, but you've really got no one you can talk to about it? Yeah, i got that thing going.

4. Thanks!

7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Here we are and back for another bite!

Episode 084 - D???_DISTORTION//N_20062018

This time around we're having a look at D???_DISTORTION//N_20062018 by Chronos453. It's a bit of an odd-duck, a nice demo for a solid sidescrolling space-ship shooter tucked away in the recesses of Chronos' Chapter Zero (which is where that link above goes, by the by). It's worth the effort of uncovering, and is a good appetizer for what should be a great full level. Give it a look-see and drop Chronos some feedback, yeah?
    Thanks, as always, for all the support, and i hope you have a great day!

So, i woke up yesterday feeling crap again, powered through the stream (and had a good time playing) but i feel like i was probably a little more flat than usual. Sorry about that Cult Master Monacle!

Now, tonight's LBP3 stream. Ah hah, hah hah, ho ho ho... so the game crashed, twice. Corrupting my profile both times. Luckily my PS+ cloud save kept me from losing all the sets and costumes and stickers i've made over the last few years, but i was pretty salty, let me tell you. Doubly so because, condition-wise, i was feeling pretty good, and was having some fun with the stream.

To leave on a positive note, i picked up an external hard-drive like i've been meaning to do for about ever. i don't know if it's because i'm recording on to that instead of to my laptop, or if it's because after i shifted all my LBP videos over to it, i could clear them off or what, but there's a noticeable uptick in quality (visual quality, that is) of my Isaac videos. Fewer jerkiness and dropped frames. i should've done this well back, really.

6. Thanks!

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Hahaha, better late than never!
    The year is approaching to its end and I think its not too early to thank you for your wonderful recommendation series! To me you would earn a medal for extraordinary merit towards the lbp community! I wish you a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2019!

Many greetings, dear friend, Jürgen^^

PSN
    waffle_king23

Thank you so much Jurgen! It means a whole heck of a lot to me to hear from folks like you in the community. It's been a hoot putting together the series, and there's no end in sight as yet.

And we're back again with a bit of a cookie for Santa!

Episode 085 - Sackboys Christmas Special

This go about we're having a look at Sackboys Christmas Special by srf09. The too long/didn't watch is it's a pretty, well...unambitious, yet still charming Christmas/Winter-themed platformer. Nothing that'll set your world on fire, but still worth the couple of minutes to play. As a note, this one might not play in some countries, so if it's blocked for you, let me know; i'm really interested in how that hashes out.
    Thanks as always for all the feedback and support, and whatever flavour of holiday you're into i hope the best for you and yours.

Saw Hereditary last night. It took its sweet time coming 'round to Japan. i liked it well-enough, the bait-and-switch leans pretty heavily on the ambiguity of some tropes, but i think it works for all that. The non-supernatural side of it, though, It really knocked it out of the park.

i'm backlogged almost into February with Isaac, because i frankly can't think of what else to do with my time.

9. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Oh hai...it's Friday, isn't it? Crumbs...umm...right, our bite-sized update post is only...2hours late.

Episode 086 - Brrr-oom Town

Anywho, this time we're having a look at Brrr-oom Town by gary_WBA. The too long/didn't watch is this one's an oldy-but-goody palette-swap of Boom Town from LBP1. Your enjoyment will be strongly predicated on your enjoyment of that level, but i found it charming enough. It's had a lot of plays in its lifetime, it got tossed up on the Winter Wonderland list as well, but give it a run-through if you haven't already.

Thanks as always for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

i really need to get used to the update posts being at night instead of the morning, don't i?

We've got another A Hat In Time stream coming up tomorrow (tonight? It is after midnight, isn't it?) 7.30p, and we'll have an LBP3 one same time Sunday (hopefully this time the game won't crash).

Took a short trip up to Kyoto for the afternoon, mostly to get out of the house. It was nice enough, but i've been there a bajillion times already, so i just kicked around some of the geek shops in the Kawaramachi shopping area. Picked up a special artbook for Splatoon2, and another for Nihei Tsutomu's BLAME!. i'm a sucker for concept art. Also saw a world-guide for Nier: Automata, but two chunky tomes is about the limit for a unnecessary shopping trip.

11. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! First bite of the New Year!

Episode 087 - SpaceShip 754

This go about we're looking at SpaceShip 754 by B2-Evans. The too long/didn't watch is it's a decent platformer presented well-enough, though perhaps slightly without cohesion. Still it was a fun one, and worth a couple of plays at least.
    As always, thanks for all the feedback and support, and i wish you all a fine Year of the Pig!

Behind the Curtians Stuffs
    So...New Year's Eve. Apparently 2018 wanted to get one last little kick in the teeth in. i walked down to my local, not really intending to drink, but just wanting to pass over into 2019 around people i knew in a place i liked. Yeah. Well, the local went and closed down. A month ago, according to the old dodger who was in the hall while i was trying to parse the mystery of the closed-door-bills-and-fliers-stuffed-in-the-crack. i'd hoped maybe it was just on vacation for the holidays. Though i guess i kind of had an inkling at first sight.

i'd had no idea, had been out of the loop for...well...for awhile, really. i was deeply, deeply disappointed. One of my 2019 goals was getting back to and involved more with the community of local weirdos, and now it's gone and scattered. Well, i follow a couple of folks on Twitter, and i know some of the tattoo and/or piercing shops where acquaintances work, i suppose it'S time to make the rounds and see what things look like.
    i suppose i can't complain too much, since i'd been self-walled-off the last few months in particular. Still, it was nice to know there was a place i was comfortable at here. Even if i hadn't been going there so often.
    So, i ended up having a few beers in Triangle Park. There weren't all that many folks out on the streets, which was odd for the neighbourhood. A couple of clubs were running events, but i've never been much of a clubber. i did look around to see if there was a Black Veil event going on, since a lot of the folks i know would have probably washed up there. Couldn't find one, which would make it the first New Years in 15yrs without. Signs and portents.
    The drinking was disappointing, by the way. Which, in a sense, is a good thing. i didn't finish thinking i'd really like to take up the habit again.

13. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! A quick Friday bite here!

Episode 087 - The Pirates Castle

This time we're looking at The Pirates Castle by MofoSuperVillain. The too long/didn't watch is it's a fun little piece of LBP1-era platformery that shows some very clear roots to Mofo's creation style. Which is pretty interesting, since most of their (and their sub-account's) levels are no longer up for play. So...that's a thing. At any rate, give it a play and see what you think.
    Thanks as always for the support, and have a great day!

So... my streams are cursed? We had the game crash/profile corruption thing on LBP3 a couple of weeks back. The servers crashed (or, more precisely, i lost my connection to the servers) during the "A Hat in Time" stream yesterday. Now, during the Isaac bonus stream today we had a game crash, and then 30minutes later a connection drop-out.
    This really burns my bacon. i hate saying that i'll do a thing, and then not actually be able to do that thing. i'm not sure what i can really do to resolve the issue on my end. i don't know if it's a PS thing, or a YouTube thing, or a my wifi-router thing. Would it help if i moved things to Twitch? No idea folks. i'll see what i can figure out, but for the nonce, i'm really sorry, yeah?

15. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Got a quick bit of housekeeping here!

Episode 088b - Playlist Cleanup

This is just peeling off the ten oldest levels from the playlist and giving them one last shout-out. Try a couple, try them all if you've got the time.

Simplexity by Rayvolution*
    ***Colorful City*** by vivasjunior
    Factory of a Worse Today by LittleBigCat21**
    So You Think You Can Claus! by WaffleGod345***
    Light's Forest by SrFreeze
    From cheddar with love.. by CANDY_KING_ALEC
    Miasuma | Above the City by Sparky-Gaming
    Cactus by ManPetKid
    Desert Crate Shipments Inc by zeefam
    Ethereal Illusions by blackbird31468****

*Almost broken, but can be completed in LBP3, for best results play in LBP1
    **Broken in LBP3, needs to be played in LBP2
    ***There's an "o" prompt to forward the dialogue that's easy to mistake for decorative flair. You'll know it when you see it, but make sure to press "o" or else some necessary elements won't be spawned later in the level.
    ****Runs a bit wonky in LBP3. It can be finished, but playing in the original LBP2 will yield the best experience.

Work is work, it's about as bad as i expected, but not as bad as i dreaded.

On Chronos453's recommendation i've been watching Madoka Magika. i've been really enjoying it, and my enjoyment has grown by episode (though i've only finished episode 4 as yet). i do think it leans in on the foreshadowing a little hard, but that might just be coming to it late with osmotic knowledge from other places. Strangely for a Jside anime on Jside Netfilx, but it actually has both full English subtitling and dialogue options. i'm going with just the subtitling, because i do need the listening practice, but even just having that available is rare as hen's teeth.
    Funny (?) story, but i'd only ever seen, or perhaps it would be better to say noticed, the name written in romaji, in discussions on English language message boards. i'd always assumed the "gi" in Magika was pronounced like it is in magic, which would yield a bit of a pun, as "majika" is a bit of a slangy "Really?!" or "No way!" in Japanese. i was pretty disappointed seeing the title card done in hiragana, and the gi being, actually, "gi" (ぎ). A bit of a wasted opportunity, there.

17. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! A bit of a late little nibble here!

Episode 089 - Lost Valley - Modern Sonic Green Hill Zone

This go about we're taking a look at Lost Valley - Modern Sonic Green Hill Zone by lukedy0974. The too long/didn't watch is...it's...it's kind of an ok Sonic homage that at least has some nice pixel art?
    Thanks as always for all the feedback and support, and have a great day!

They changed my schedule to end an hour later, so....yeah, the timing of everything is all off.

19. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Another quickie bite here!

Episode 090 - Forests & Caves

This go about we're having a look at Forests & Caves by ItsWashington17. The too long/didn't watch is...it's got some interesting ideas in it, but could use a little more time in the kiln to really cohere into something solid. Still, it's always cool to see folks trying new things out, and hopefully this will be one more step on ItsWashington17's creator's road.

Thanks as always for the feedback and support, and have a great day!

So, i mean, that's a thing.

21. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Another quick bite here.

Episode 091 - Sky Kingdom

This go about we're having a look at Sky Kingdom by KoolKat220. The too long/didn't watch is...LBP3 really doesn't like LBP2's lighting. The level's a bit gameplay light, but it's pretty nice looking...in LBP2 at least. It gets really washed-out in LBP3, which is a shame, because there's some really nice sticker work going on here. Still, it's worth a few plays for sure, and i had a good enough time with it.

Thanks as always for all the feedback and support, and have a great day!

We're writing this up at 11am, since i know getting back from work later will throw everything off timing-wise.

Put in the pre-order for Biohazard 2(updated, super-triple-double remastered version). i'm getting it off the US store, just so i have the uncensored version. Which probably doesn't really mean all that much in the long run, but...i'd rather play the game that was made, rather than the game that was chopped down to fit the law? Thing is, the US PSN lists a release date of Jan. 25...but Jan 25 in the US is the 26th here in Japan? i'm hoping it will drop on my 25th, since that means we'll be able to have it on a Friday bonus stream, and that would be cool.

i want to lodge here, in case i haven't mentioned it before, High School of the Dead is really, really bad. i mean, i'm kind of embarrassed watching it.

23. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Got a Friday Night Bite here!

Polarity

This go about we're having a look at Polarity by skilletfan5383. The too long/didn't watch is it's a pretty neat gimmick platformer that could probably stand a little expansion, but still manages to be awful fun. It hasn't gotten a whole lot of heat yet, so give it a few goes and see what you think. i liked it a lot.

i'm writing this early because i feel like crap, and am going to try to take a nap, wake up and post this, and then go back to sleep. Stupid body. Stupid meat.

25. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Hey'alls coming up with another late-night bite here!

Episode 093 - Natural Sky

This go about we're having a lark with Natural Sky by chaosgear. The too long/didn't watch is it's a pretty nice looking, mostly fun LBP2 platformer that's unfortunately tethered to a kind of dull, overlong shooting minigame. It's fun enough for a play, but i think you may get more mileage out of some of the creator's other levels, some of them are a real good time.

Thanks as always for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

i seem to be past the worst of the lurgy, but it's like every time i get sick these days it lasts a little longer than the previous. Saturday night and Sunday night were both one of those "i think this might be a fever, i can't stop sweating, but if i take the blankets off, i'm freezing" things, last night, i don't know if it was from recovery or just plain exhaustion, but i mostly slept like the dead. The cough is back to a dry, ratcheting hack (normal for a heavy smoker in Winter) from bringing up a gallon of fluid of some nebulous and dark provenance (that's probably, actually, sick, right?). Not to dwell overlong on gross health stuff, but i think i am actually, physically on the mend.

As an addendum to the above, i spend most of Sunday night in the grip of some LBP-inspired fever dream. i was playing some level, i don't know if it was for the show or a stream (i guess maybe a stream, because i "played" way more than three minutes) and it was...it was platonically, fractally bad. Like, not just stuff and a scoreboard. Like, it was this massive, sprawling, incoherent mess with about a dozen different, area- or time-triggered abilities given to sack thing. There were poorly presented puzzles, and completely unnecessary secrets. Everything so sloppily kludged together, with some areas being over-lush in decoration, and others almost totally devoid. i was doing my level-best to put the best face on it, and it was just defeating me utterly. The whole thing was tinged through with performance-anxiety.

The weird thing was, eventually i half-woke enough to realize the whole thing was just a dream, and still my mind just would not let it go. It just kept rounding back on parts i remembered, trying to pick it apart and figure out just what the hell the creator was intending (leaving aside the point that in this context, i guess, i was the creator. i mean, it was my dream). i'm sure there's some simple interpretation here, but...i'd have just have been happier with some, nice, simple dream, like where i'm trying to rescue a snake from zombie armadillos.

27. Thanks!

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Get well soon again! We need you!
    Normally I'm a fan of mental training, but last time when I claimed that I'm as solid like a rock, I got really ill the next morning!

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

PSN
    waffle_king23

Hah! i've had the same thing happen, myself. Sometimes it's better to count our blessings silently, i imagine.

Alright then, back for a Friday night nibble!

Episode 094 - The Greatest Cake

This go about we're looking at The Greatest Cake by warbyte01. The too long/didn't watch is...it's ok, i guess. To be 100% honest, i recorded the episode last week, and without looking at my notes, i couldn't really tell you much about it now. i remember thinking the flow was kind of janky for a race level, and the presentation was...mostly coherent? Y'all give it a look and see what you think?

Thanks as always for the support and have a great day!

Well, some things that needed resolving have kind of been resolved, and it's a load off my mind, so there's that.

Spent today trying to get a bunch of LBsP episodes recorded, so i could spend some extra time next week looking at Chronos's tower defense level (i'm not super-fluent in the genre, so i figure it'll take a bit to put together enough to really put it on display). In the course of that i had something like four or five game crashes, all with profile corruptions, which just added useless time to things (since i'd have to go through the hub set-ups all over again). Got two episodes squared away (except for the PiPs, which are their own issue, but can be done more at my leisure). The third crashed right before recording the take-away, without time to get it done before the Biohazard2 stream.

Carped about it on Twitter, and actually got a reply from LBP telling me to delete my smaller User Data file, which i did...it seems like i've reset the game? Got the unskippable starting cut-scene at least...though all my costumes and stickers still seem to be intact?

Biohazard2, by the way, is tough...and tense...and tough. V. different in feel from 6. Thanks for dropping in and keeping us on an even keel Chronos!

30. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Back at ya with another quick nibble!

Episode 095 - Forgotten Space Station

This go about we're having a look at Forgotten Space Station by ScooterMix. The too long/didn't watch is it's a fun enough Oddsock racer that's muddled by ScooterMix's over-crufted presentation style. Fun enough for a go through, but probably could stand a little more polish. Give it a play, though, eh?

Thanks, as always, for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Been having a ball with the RE(make) 2 streams. It still surprises me how closely they chose to hew to the original design philosophy. Yes, zombies are dangerous, yes Lickers are dangerous, yes everything is dangerous. It's been hard not to just play on my sub-account, but i really want to keep everything fresh for the stream. Just two more days and we can play again. i find myself wondering how far we've made it through. If i remember correctly the progression was city>police station>sewer>underground lab and out? So we're...halfway, maybe?

Since the Dreams NDA got lifted (right quick that) i've had a tonne of Dreams-stuff showing up in my Twitter Timeline. It looks so good.

i really need to get some curry in me, so let's cut this here.

32. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Friday night bite time? Why, yes, yes it is.

Episode 096 - Dreamiverse Dash

This go about we're looking at Dreamiverse Dash by Super-Fantastic. The too long/didn't watch is it's a fun enough, visually nice race with a cute custom characterthat unfortunately needs a couple of rough edges dealt with to be something really special. Still, it's quick enough for a couple of plays, and it's worth about that much, i'd say.

Thanks as always for the support and feedback, and i hope y'all have a great day!

Tonight's bonus stream was supposed to be LBP3...but i really want to get back into RE(make) 2, so i'm going with that. Actually writing this in advance, since the stream usually wraps around the time the episode goes live. i wonder how far we got. It was pretty dicey yesterday, so i'm not pinning my hopes too high. i'm actually starting to wonder if it's possible to stuff the game up so hard it actually becomes uncomplete-able. We've had some really close shaves, and we've needed to burn through resources pretty hard.

34. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Late posting, but we've got a bit of a bigger bite on the plate today!

Episode 096-b - Supercharged Tower Defense

This time we're having a bit of a longer look at Supercharged Tower Defense by chronos453. Chronos had asked us in stream awhile back to have a go at it, but it seemed big and chunky and something that needed a little extra time devoted to it. The episode is longer than usual on account of my playing (not very well, i imagine) the first 25 waves of the first map. The too long/didn't watch is it's a really good game. i've got no background with the tower defense genre, so i can't really do a comparison, but i know i had a really good time with this one. It felt like i was actually playing a completely different game, not something kitted together in LBP3, and that's a rare experience for me. There are a lot of plays on this one, but if one of those isn't yours, then i definitely recommend giving this a go. Just keep in mind you're probably looking at 30-50minutes on a map.

Thanks as always for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

So, late post is late on account of my going to a Sayonara Party last night. It was fun, though weird to be the oldest person in the room (maybe the second oldest, but T. left early). i can now say definitively that Hooters is pretty much a garbage-city restaurant, so...that's...good? It wasn't my choice. About half of us went out to karaoke after and it'd been quite a while for me, was nice that i could still belt out a couple of songs with half-decency. Now, waking up feeling kind of trash is something i could do without, but...eh, once every now and then isn't so bad?

i realized shortly after the stream on Saturday that we'd missed the completely obvious "look at this item you just picked up, it has the code on it." They've even done that a few times in the game already, i guess i just fell out of the habit of checking. Saa...after work streams are always kind of dodgy, because there's no guarantee the brainmeats will be functional. Still, i kind of feel sorry for not being able to think around the problem.

36. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! We've got another (shorter) nibble coming up!

Episode 097 - Sands of Egypt

This go about we're taking a look at Sands of Egypt by SrFreeze. The too long/didn't watch is, this one is really really good. Especially once you get past the bit we got stuck on in the video. This one's picked up a fair amount of heat since i did the recording, which is one of the downsides of keeping a couple episode backlog. This is also the only time we'll see this particular hub, since i did this recording on the day of a million profile corruptions. i kind of like how it turned out though.

Thanks as always for all the support and feedback, and i hope you have a great day!

Getting this typed up early again so i can just hit post once i get back from work. Kind of cheesed i have to do the Twitter updates manually now, but that's ok.

Tuesday continues to be busiest, most pseudo-adulting day. Got the groceries shopped, laundry done, super-soup done (this week's menu is super-soup). Also got LBsP-099 wrapped, well except for the PiPs. The level turned out to be well chunkier than i'd expected, so i didn't get my Isaac episodes recorded. Luckily we've got round about a month of backlog on those.

38. Thanks!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast