BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Ossu! Got a late late-night bite post coming up at y'all!

Episode 148 - Paperboy

This go about we're looking at Paperboy by Little_Big_Noah. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's...OK, i guess? Nothing that's really going to set the world on fire, but nothing majorly wrong with it either. It does have some really weird choices in sound design though. That'll probably set chronos's teeth on edge. Anyhow, give it a play and see what you think.

Thanks, as always, for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Behind the Curtains Stuffs
    i got home at seven last night, and i was dead out asleep by eight. i'm getting a little nervous about the time-for-life aspect of my new employment. But hey, it's only been three days. It's got to get better, right?

For some reason, i can't log into lbp.me on my laptop. Dunno if that's a PSN problem, or if it's an lbp.me problem. Anything going sideways for y'all?

2. Thanks!

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 855
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another late-post late-night bite coming up for y'all!

Episode 149 - Sackboy's Awesome Epic Platformer

This go about we're looking at Sackboy's Awesome Epic Platformer by V3NTU5_R3IGN3R. The too-long/didn't-watch is...ahh...the kindest thing you could say is it's got a little bit too much added into the stew-pot; and because of a lack of polish it can get a might-bit frustrating at times (which, i realize in afterthought isn't very kind). Also at 18minutes and change, it's really too long for what it's doing. i think there's a germ of a good level in there, but it's going to take a fair amount of work to get it to bloom.

i really wanted to record an episode after work last night. My body really wanted to go to sleep at 8p. i'll let you guess which side of that argument won.

4. Thanks!

7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Comin' up at ya with another late-night bite!

Episode 150 - A Bizarre Adventure

This go about we're looking at A Bizarre Encounter by Hirunda. The too-long/didn't-watch is...It's MEGIK! MEGIK MEGIK MEGIK! Really though, it's Megik.

So...i have Saturday and Monday off for the Bon Holidays, along with the usual Sunday. While i do worry a little about dosh-ability...i think my body could really use a bit of time not working.

6. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another late-night bite comin' up at you!

Episode 151- Toggle Popit Puzzle

This go about we're having a look at Toggle Popit Puzzle by LittleBlackadder. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's quite a nice tutorial level. It made me think of how poorly the story mode actually handled teaching how to use the Companion Characters. Even if you've already good grasp on how to play Toggle, though, this one is worth a couple of plays.

Back on holidays, this time until the 19th. Not by choice, i'll tell you, and it's really a bit too much time off. If i'm not working, i'm not getting paid; bundle this up with last week, and i'm losing a full 7days of dosh. This is...non-optimal, to be honest.

8. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another (late) late-night bite (post) coming up for y'all!

Episode 152 - Winter platformer with oddsok

This go about we're having a look at Winter platformer with oddsok by tatiana090976. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's...it's ok, but it could use a fair bit more polish in both presentation and gameplay to start to bring it up to that "pretty good" level. Still, it's fairly short and sweet, and not not worth a play or two, so give it a spin and see what you think. Plus, tatiana is a slick name, so i have to give a bit of respect right there.

Thanks, as always, for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Went out to the local last night, which is why the post is late. Really didn't drink all that much (usually my limit for drinking at a bar is two beers, lest things get stupid expensive), but i was drinking pretty slow waiting for a barstool to open up (which never happened, 'twas pretty busy last night), so i didn't start walking home until about 12ish? Got in at 'round about 1a and i still feel kinda shagged. Woof.

Had a really nice experience at the B-side Label sticker shop here in Osaka. The story's a long one, and i don't have the time to write it up here (maybe we'll do it on stream, if i remember; someone remind me), but the short of it is i used the more obviously declarative form of my name (risuko/リス子, which is plainly feminine) for the first time in meatspace, and the clerk took it in stride and used it herself with nary a pause nor an eyeblink. It was just a little, completely normal thing that super made my day. The last week or so has been really all over the place emotionally, and that small everyday-type recognition...it was just...wow. So, basically i want to throw all my money at B-side now, which is kind of tough, since i really don't have a lot of call to buy stickers. They are very nice stickers, though.

Hey, is anyone having trouble getting onto Sackinima today? i keep getting "504 Gateway Timeout" errors.

10. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Comin' up at you with another late-night bite (and on time, this time!).

Episode 153 - Tower of Fabric 2!

This go about we're having a look at Tower of Fabric 2! by rusnacu. The too-long/didn't-watch is while not perfect, i had an awful lot of fun playing it, and found myself jumping right back in to get just a little more extra footage. rusnacu dropped by in one of our streams recently and expressed some surprise that i'd given the first Tower of fabric a green circle when i looked at it back in R15F-S2 episode 034, but i've always been upfront about how replayability can effect how i feel about a level in the end.

Thanks, as always, for all the feedback and support, and have a great day!

It's almost a little shocking how a change in work environment can change a mood. The new site i'm working at is a Jr. HS, and it is so cool! Like, there's just tons of crap just left lying about. Like the Fencing Club's room (which was really just a bit bigger than a long closet) that was chock-full of masks and epees, and an awful lot of clothing (which, frankly, was kind of gross). We've been clearing out the Principal's office...books are really heavy, yo. He had a copy of "A Man's guide to European Trips" circa 1963, and it was roughly as creepy as you'd think. It's less like a building scheduled for demolition, and more like one of those abandoned places you'd see in a movie about an apocalyptic plague. And i'll be working there til March, if i'm lucky. i'm on cloud nine over here.

12. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another late-night playlist-cleanup bite comin' up for y'all!

Episode 153b - Playlist Cleanup

This go about the following levels are getting peeled off the top of the playlist so we can make room for some more. Give 'em a bit of extra love, yeah?

Madness is a place by sayuri357
    The Factory has Eyes by Pitta_Brad
    TOMB TOGGLE by RtooDee2
    dream of white by riku04
    Treetop Hop by AlpiPynnonen
    The Kingdom of Chickens by mike-cherry
    Cold War Bunker by Kolbyryan
    NieR: Automata by ramkibainuzuka
    'Out of Time' by adtk
    Jetpacking Junkyard of Deletion by Zach-inator6

Today...well...from a work standpoint was pretty good. From a philosophical standpoint, i'm kind of horked off, and generally trying not to think about it. Also, i stepped on a nail. That was the least bothersome thing that happened. It was actually way less painful than i'd expected it would be, though i still wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

14. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another late-night bite coming up at y'all!

Episode 154 - Higher Than Mountains

This go about we're having a look at Higher Than Mountains by DragonSackStudio. The too-long/didn't-watch is it could probably stand a little bit more time in the oven, and a little more expansion on the ideas present, but it's still not a bad level, and could be worth a play or two if you've nothing else queued up at the moment.

Thanks, as always, for the support, and have a great day!

Turns out the skills of being quiet, unobtrusive, and comfortable moving through narrow spaces aren't really so helpful in a job where unexpectedly surprising someone could get you a mini-crane to the face. i didn't not, in fact, get a min-crane to the face, but i did get a (fairly enough justifiably) super-cheesed off crane operator all up in my grill. i honestly do feel bad about that, but on the other hand, he spent the day acting like a mini-tyrant, and treating me and the other folks in my crew like garbage, so...mixed signals?

Also, as mentioned on Twitter, i blew my nose after work and it was just completely black. Like i had a bit of Venom on my tissue. i wonder if my life would be easier if i were infested with a symbiote.

You know how sometimes you try to set a hard boundary with someone, like "don't ever contact me, or have anything to do with my life again," and they just kind of ignore it...man, that is just way more exhausting than it has any right to be, really.

16. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Coming up at ya with another late-night bite!

Episode 155 - The Cosmic Path 2

This go about we're looking at [Demo] The Cosmic Path 2 - Where All Begins and Nothing Ends by paczek321, the long-awaited follow-up to The Cosmic Path, which we've talked about often. The too-long/didn't-watch is it says "Demo" on the tin, but i'm not buying it. This is a very solid, fleshed-out level with just one fly in the ointment (that apparently can't be removed due to some weirdness in LBP3 logic, i talked with paczek about it on the last LBP3 stream). This one is really good, and i hope we can see the rest of The Cosmic Path adventure paczek has planned.

A lot could still go wrong, but i may find myself the proud owner of a mounted rat skellington. Actually, technically the owner of a number of mounted small animal skellingtons, but i can't transport the rest of them home.

18. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Coming back at y'all with another late-night bite!

Episode 156 - Purified Dreams

This go about we're having a look at Purified Dreams by jp96all_day_long, who you might recognize at DrawnBorn from the lsrs discord and LittleBigDes's LBP3/Dreams streams. The too-long/didn't-watch is...the level unfortunately seems broken on my end. It be an LBP2->LBP3 translation error, i don't know. It's a real shame though, i really wanted to check this one out. Maybe y'all could give the level a quick look and see if it's a universal problem?

Thanks, as always, for the feedback and support, and have a great day!

The arm pain has mostly cleared up and i am stupidly happy about that.

20. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Just a heads up for folks who don't follow me on the Twit-place (though you totally could right here). There'll be no FeverdreamS or LittleBite-sizedPlanet episodes this week. Sunday is my main recording day, and if i don't get at least an episode of each done then, the update schedule is impossible. Yesterday (my Sunday) i was just exhausted and...well...let's stick with exhausted. Updates will continue from the week starting Monday Sept. 9th. Sorry about this everyone. We're...we're going to have to start putting some serious thought into a more balanced production schedule, really.

Thanks, as always, for all the feedback, support, and understanding.

Love,
    risuko

22. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! We're back with a (super-late post) lil snack for y'all!

Episode 157 - Peaceful Paradise 2

This go about we're looking at Peaceful Paradise 2: A Walk Through The Gardens! by ola2020. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's a fine enough LBP2-esque platformer that's a definite step up from the first one. i came across it because ola was complaining on Twitter about it not getting enough love, which considering the play-counts on their previous levels, i can kinda understand. It's nice and short, doesn't really push things much, but is certainly enjoyable enough for a two-and-a-half minute investment. Give it a go and see what you think?

Got press-ganged again for some afterwork drinks Friday night, even though we were having them with a bit of food, i still got drunk well-too-quick and ended up crashing out as soon as i got home, and then most of Saturday as well. i kinda need to learn how to say no in this kind of situation without scotching my working relationship with the Nice* Dude. The whole thing is a touch stressful.

24. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Comin' up at you with another...umm...early-ish morning bite?

Episode 158 - THE BUNKER 2

This go about we're looking at THE BUNKER 2 by poms. The too-long/didn't-watch is, well it's one of the classic LBP1 levels, so you've probably given it a shot at one time or another, we've even done it on stream before; but it's definitely one that's worth a go-through every now and again. If you've not played in a while, or somehow have never played it before, give it a shot!

i honestly thought yesterday was Friday, this despite at the same time knowing i had plans for the evening so it had to be Saturday. My brain is not very smart sometimes.

Had a bit of a night last night. Finally got to see Us and it was really, really good. It's probably out of theatres where you are, but if you haven't seen it, give it a look when it's out on Blu-ray. i had a great time with it.

26. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another quick bite coming up for y'alls!

Episode 158 - Throwbits

This go about we're having a look at Throwbits by fourad. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's a fun and frenetic survival challenge that should keep you occupied for a little while. Nothing too flash, but, still, no major points of failure. Give it a couple of goes and see what you think.

i was so exhausted afterwork yesterday i just crashed as soon as i finished supper. Still, i am now the proud owner of a couple of animal skeletons, a random skull (also animal, thanks), and a box of butterflies (pinned). Go me!

28. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Comin' up at y'alls with another early-morning bite!

Episode 160 - STOCKTOWN BY NIGHT!

This go about we're having a look at STOCKTOWN BY NIGHT! by track9. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's a fun little LBP2 grappling hook level. Doesn't quite live up to its inspirations, though that does allow it to be a bit more managable experience with fewer points of breakage. Give it a few plays and see what you think, eh?

i realized yesterday that i could grow my hair out again and go for a nice green, blue or purple. On one hand i really want to do this, on the other it would mean managing my hair, which i don't remember ever being an enjoyable experience (i do think the buzz cut looks good on me, but really i keep it so short for mainly practical reasons). Think i'll give it a couple of weeks and see what i think.

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Comin' up at y'all with another early-morning bite!

Episode 161 - The Diner

This go about we're looking at The Diner by kcabe1. The too-long/didn't watch is it's a pretty fun, not overly-difficult level with a neat little twist at the "end." It could use a bit of variety in the camera-work, and there's one particular obstacle that could definitely use some fine-tuning, but overall i had a pretty good time with it. Give it a couple of plays and see what you think, yeah?

So, my local is having a 15th anniversary event/party tonight. i went to last year's, it was a pretty big shindig, to be honest; and i had a great time. By pure chance, i actually have the money to go this go-about, so i picked up an advance ticket last weekend.
    Annnndd...like the biggest typhoon in some time is hitting Japan. It's slamming Tokyo/Kanto a lot more than it is down this way, but still, we've got a pretty heavy rain going on here in Osaka ourselves. i've got my fingers crossed that it'll let up by the time i get out of work, but...i'm not really sure how likely that is. i am...peeved.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10