BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 590
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

Default [LittleBite-sizedPlanet] Qucik level look ats - Omnibus Thread

Ossu!

So, one thing that's come up with Roughly 15 Fresh is its inflexibility. As much as i love making it, it's not something i can just toss together; and the rules we've set for ourselves, while making for eclectic and enjoyable playlists, are, in the end, limitations.

i figured, i'd toss together a side series, something more stripped down, and a little broader in scope. i'll be using it to take a look at one level an episode with basically no restrictions. It'll also be a place for me to put tutorials (when i feel like making them), and community discussions/rants (when the opportunity arises.

It'll also be something i can continue making indefinitely, conceivably. i'm not saying that R15F will be going away when the first season's year is up, but it's a possibility i have to at least consider.

So we've got an intro episode up here

Also, a first real episode up here.

In our first episode we take a look at Grind a Rail! from erik08032000, which is interesting, but has its issues.

So...let me know how you feel about all this. We'll be keeping everything in one big thread, because updates will be unscheduled (though definitely at least one a week).
    Almost back, so excited.

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 296
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Great idea, i will check it out afterwards!
    Thanks and many greetings, Jürgen^^

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 387
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    sir_monacle

Oooh. A rant.

Honestly, I've never heard your voice in a rant before - something worth listening to if you ask me!

Maybe one of 'em will be about those monkey bars.

signature 2016: "2016 yet I'm still using a PlayStation 3...." --sir monacle

signature 2017: "The more you struggle with something, the more rewarding it feels to finish it." --sir monacle

7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

Well, hopefully it won't need to come up, to be honest, but it'll be good to have s place for it if it does.
    i'm planning to do more random/new/recommended for you levels, so if i hit a streak of junk, i may get a bit peeved.

- - - - - - - - - -

Coming back around for Round Two!

We're taking a look at Heart of the Flip-side from Trindall, a four-course meal of old-school, batter-fried LBP1 goodness. Come see the greatness of LBP1-era logic, and waffleking23 completely missing the plot.
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Alright, picked up a review request a bit back, so i figured i'd put it up here

Level's Lucky Block Edition with Toggle! by king_birds.

It's solid dig-dugian level, not something i'm super into, but good none-the-less.
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Got another bite over here.

We've finally gotten around to Valley of the Kings by ima_taka. It's certainly a thing, mostly a good thing. Watch us find the break, like an Easter Egg. Super thanks to KatanaGirl1 for the heads up on this one!
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Heyos! Got a new episode up and coming over hereabouts.

This go about we're looking at The Level about Elevators from Paczek321. A good platformer with a great presentation. As for a racer...

Anyhow, it's a good 'um, so give it a look, yeah?
    Almost back, so excited.

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 296
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Thanks a lot, its still in my queue and I nearly would have forgotten to play it!
    Have a fine week and many greetings, Jürgen^^

100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    sir_monacle

I know I'm late, but I just watched "A level about Elevators", and I enjoyed it!

I liked the fancy corner box you used to show the level whilst inside the hub.

signature 2017: "The more you struggle with something, the more rewarding it feels to finish it." --sir monacle

PSN
    waffle_king23

Thanks both of you! A Level about Elevators is actually pretty fun, even if it's not the best example of a racer.

Also glad that we've finally gotten a PiP that works for everyone.

Hope y'all have a great day!
    Almost back, so excited.

11. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Alright then, hopefully mic mistakes make great takes?

Anyhow, new shot of LBsP over here. We're looking at CYBER KNIGHT by V3NTU5_R3ING3R. Which, by all rights should have been in episode 32 of R15F, except for the fact that i am dumb.

Give it a look, and the level a play; and have a fine day, yeah?
    Almost back, so excited.

13. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Heyas! We've got another quick look over here.

We're looking at A Platformer by Woutery, a perhaps poorly named, but well put-together and all-around fun...well...platformer. It's recent, but coming to us out of LBP2; thankfully no bugs or glitches seem to make an appearance. Give it a play, 'cause it's an awful lot of fun.

Y'all have a great day, yeah? i'm off to tuck into some home-made keema curry, and also more Isaac and then editing.
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Quick heads up, we've got a pure information episode coming up here

Basically just going through the episode types and their corresponding title board colours. Nothing of massive import, but it might be useful if there's a particular episode type you're not that interested in. In case you don't feel like watching this one, the colours go like this:

White - First Impressions, R15F-style looks at community levels, with the shift that the creators may be folks we've looked at before, the plays may be higher than 2,000, and they can come from any of the LBP games.

Blue - Second Look, Levels i've played, but haven't shown before.

Yellow - Series/Community/Game Information, Anything that might come up with LBsP or R15F, also a place to field questions from viewers that might be easier to talk about than type out. Community Info could be things like contests and contest winners, if the forums would like me to do some promotion of those. Game Info would be limited to things like changes in level moderation policy, or, Entropy forbid, another set of servers getting shut down.

Purple - Tutorials, Probably won't have too many of these, but if i get the bug, or if someone wants to know how something was put together, that'd be here.

Green - Story Time, Basically a back-up plan if R15F doesn't continue after its one year. Stuff like we see in the intro sections, probably bulked out to around 6-10minutes. Also, if i get an idea to do something goofy, like a commercial from the R15F world, that'll be in green.

Fire - Rant, Let's hope we don't need to see this one too often. Also, in the episode i should have said, "...not in the remit of the show," not "...not in the rubric of the show." i have no idea how i screwed that up.

Right, so that's the that, thanks folks!
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Time for a quick episode of LittleBite-sizedPlanet over here. Quick 'cause i've got to get moving for work really soon, like.

https://youtu.be/jvJWcDR3Ihc

So this time we're peeping Carnivalia from zinetiX-.

It's...ahh...well, it certainly has existence, can't take that away from it. At least it gave me a chance to look at some LBPVita walkthroughs on YouTube so i could make comparisons. Man, i kinda wish i was more into handheld gaming; it looked pretty cool.

Anywho, gotta run! Have a great day, y'all!
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Alright, we're giving a look at Voltaic Ruination from Chronos453 over here.

No time to talk about it, 'cause i've got to get to work, but it's cool, check it out (the level, not necessarily the video).

Have a great day, gotta run!
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    waffle_king23

So, we've got another quick nibble coming up over here.

We're taking a peep at A blazing night by BzR242. It's a neat little vehicle challenge level that i completely fail to grasp, so you can watch me stammer like a darned fool.
    Almost back, so excited.

19. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu all you cats and katzenjammers, we've got another bite up over here.

This go around we're looking at mijinko by tamamipu. It's...it is in fact a thing. A really odd kinda thing. Not really what i was expecting, not super great, but it had its charm.

Thanks as always, and have a great day!
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Just a quick little episode over here. As per discussion in the R15F thread, we're introducing the Orange Diamond grade. This ought to be the last new grade we see, so four main ones, and two almost never-used sub ones. That's not quite too many, i hope.

As always, have a great day, and thanks!
    Almost back, so excited.

22. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Yoshi! Another quick, before-work look at over here.

This time we're having a go with Easter Village by Muncherization. Paczek321 brought this one to my attention a bit ago, and now i get to bring it to you. Have to make slight apologies, though; the whole outro, i kept calling the creator MuncheNization, instead of MuncheRization. Mea Culpa.

Anyhow, it's a laid-back, slow-paced, but fun enough level. Give it a look, yeah?
    Almost back, so excited.

PSN
    sir_monacle

Hey, Waffleking, I saw the new video, which you can see here,

and don't worry about it! Y'know, takeaways are bad for you, and having them every week can't be good for us. Sure, they're tasty, but sooner or later, our arteries will be clogged...

So maybe we could use a break here at littlebigplanet central?

I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore...

25. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast