BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Ossu! Back again for a Friday Night Bite!

Episode 098 - Ascension

This go about we're having a look at Ascension by Precipite2. The too long/didn't watch is it's a bit confusing for something so starkly presented. i like the concept for it, but...it needs a little more development, and maybe some expansion as well.
    Since this brings the playlist to 40levels, we'll have a clean-up episode coming up on Sunday so we can peel off the front 10. That's already done and ready to go, so that's good.

Thanks as always for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Behind the Curtains Stuffs
    We wrapped the Leon A-side of Biohazard 2 Remake yesterday. Aside from a bit of an annoying puzzle, it went...mostly well. The end was a bit of an anti-climax, but really it's just the half-way point of the game. Started Claire's B-side today and had a lot of fun with it. Lost the server again, but at least it was at the 2hour point (well, almost).

After yesterday's stream i noticed if i really shucked my buns i could make it in time to see the Suspiria remake, so i did that. It was actually pretty good. Well, the parts i could understand, at least. There's a fair amount of German in the film (makes sense as it's set in 1971 Germany), and i couldn't quite keep up with the Japanese subtitles. i wouldn't mind seeing it again, though. i'll have to wait until it's on BluRay and have it sent over. That or really up my game when it comes to reading comprehension.

We got LBsP episodes 098b (the playlist clean-up one) and 099 wrapped and uploaded. 100's half-finished, still need to record the takeaway and do the PiPs. Should have gotten it done today, but after the movie i stopped for a couple at my local, and then went out for pizza after, and since i walked down to the theatre by the time i got home it was...1am-ish? Woke up this morning feeling crummy and shagged out (that what i get for drinking like i used to, after cutting back so hard). Wasn't really hung-over, but just...no energy? Ended up sleeping for most of the day. Kind of kicking myself over it now, but *shrug* At least i was feeling normal and genki by the afternoon.

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 353
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Late bite is late because i went to see Aquaman. Sorry!

Episode 098b - Playlist Cleanup

Anyhow this go about we're clearing the front ten levels off the lbp.me playlist and giving them a last shout out.

vERGE^1 by TigerSlash03
    In My Dreams by rud-54
    Of Mice and Moon Cheese by amblaze
    Slick Race by mdkd99
    Sandbar sprint by pdfusilamiento
    Caverns of the Lost by LittleBigDes
    ?? LOVER by bananaash
    Going Underground by BzR242
    Honey Factory by NNP0IS0N
    A green problem. by bombird

There're some fun ones in there, some...well...mediocre ones in there too. Still, nothing i would say is completely without worth or redemption. Pick out a handful (or the whole lot) and give 'em a run and see what you think.

As always, thanks for all the feedback and support, and have a great day!

By needs this will be short, because i really need to get some sleep. Just got home, and tomorrow is an early shift.

Superficially Aquaman is a fun spectacle super-hero film that still managed to feel pretty hollow in its message, and ultimately left me pretty disappointed. Still, having tea with Cthulhu, and Willam Defoe. You can't really complain too much about that.

7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got the Tuesday night bite here! On time too!

Episode 099 - Deep down facility

This go about we're having a look at Deep down facility by markybarlow. The too long/didn't watch is it's a pretty keen iCandy platformer with an unfortunately obtuse early bit. Still if you can get past that, there are some neat gameplay elements here, and an awful lot of decoration (which may, unfortunately, cause slowdown issues). Give it a look, but be warned, you're looking at somewhere around 25minutes to clear.

Thanks, as always, for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Episode 100 is uploaded, and 101 is ready to go up as well; just didn't have enough time to get it in before work today. Kind of a milestone, it feels like (disregard the fact that between season one and two of R15F we have 104+ episodes, ne?). i was kicking around the idea of making some simple platform level to celebrate, and then life intervened.

Now, to have some Pumpkin Keema Curry. i am so hungry.

4. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another bite coming at you!

Episode 100 - Rusty Metal

This go about we're having a look at Rusty Metal by MajorMaximusLBP. The too long/didn't watch is it's a lot of fun, particularly once you get that it's not just trying to ape Portal. Some neat power-up puzzles, a nice (if slightly dim) look. It's a good 'un, so give it a go, yeah?

Thanks as always for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

So, this is (kind of) episode 100, eh? Been knocking these out for a year and eight months now, and there's a lot that's gone on between then and now to be sure. It seems a bit weird, really. It's not a nice, even chunk of time, and it's not really 100episodes, since we've had b-sides and the like. Still, it is kind of special. So, i put together a kick little 100b that'll go up on Sunday. It's been a trip, y'all, and my thanks to all of you for pushing me along this long.

Typing this up a little early so i can just hit post after tonight's stream. We're nearing the end of the Biohazard stuffs, i think maybe two or three more streams should handle it? It's been a hoot, and i've been well-impressed with how Capcom's handled everything. i don't know if we'll do a little with the 4th Survivor mode or not. On one hand, it's supposed to be really, really short all-told. On the other, it's supposed to be really, really hard, requiring a lot of do-overs, and that might not be that fun to do in front of an audience, or for the audience to watch for that matter.

6. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Another quick bite here.

Episode 100b - Thank You

This one's just a little B-side for the 100th(ish) episode. Not much beyond chatter, but at least a chance to give y'all thanks for all the support so far, so, thanks yeah?

Wrapped the Biohazard 2 Remake streams yesterday and had a lot of fun with them. We'll be going back to short-form games for the rest of the month, and i'll try to come up with the next long-form for March. If there's something y'all'd like to see, let me know, eh?

8. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Another quick(ish) bite here!

Episode 101 - Super Sack Bros: World 2-8 Morton's Castle

This go about we're having a look at Super Sack Bros: World 2-8 Morton's Castle by TheWretched22. The too long/didn't watch is...umm...well...ah, you see...look, it's level-shaped! Yes! That's certainly a thing that it is!

Thanks as always for all the support and feed back, and have a great day!

Honeybunny (for those late to the party, Honeybunny's me ex-wife) was in town for a bit, and spent a few days at the homestead. It was...bittersweet, which i'll not get much into here. The practical downside is i didn't get any recording done. Thanks to the amazing power of backlogs, this isn't a big-huge problem. It does mean that tomorrow is going to be an all-recording-all-the-time day.

Which is OK! Since the company has decided to send me to garbage schools on Wednesday's recently, i've decided to take as many Wednesdays off as paid-holidays as i can. That's a thing i can do. Though i should probably use the time to be looking for a job at a different company.

10. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another quick, late-night bite comin' up!

Episode 102 - Temple of Darkness

This go about we're having a look at Temple of Darkness by Marncore. The too long/didn't watch is...i think it's broken? i don't know how, i mean, people have completed it...but...i spent a lot of time looking for some trigger or something we didn't catch, and, i never found the darn thing. A bit of a shame, that, as it's pretty rare to get a level that uses the Illuminator power-up. Still, give it a play and let me know what i missed, i'm more than happy to do a B-side retraction/re-evaluation video.

Thanks, as always, for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Tonight's stream was a real good one, so that was cool. The game didn't crash once, though i'll forever be antsy with over-long loading screens from now on, i think. Got to meet someone new, and check out their levels, and that is always nice.

i did get to Battle Angle Alita last night and had a good time with it for the most part. The movie's gorgeous, which has the unfortunate side-effect of pretty well undercutting one of the character's main motivations, but that's forgivable. It certainly didn't feel like two hours, which is always nice. There's a lot in there, but it didn't feel over-stuffed, which is certainly a rarity. It's a bit goofy and some of the dialogue was a bit hokey, but hell, i walked away not feeling like i'd wasted money.

March 2nd will start the Yakuza 0 streams. We'll see how well their Dotonbori matches the one i know.

12. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Another late night bite here!

Episode 103 - /Strange World/

This go about we're having a look at /Strange World/ by Uni_kittyGirl726. The too long/didn't watch is it's a pretty nice looking bit of a level that unfortunately has very little meat on its bones. Uni_kittyGirl's said she'll expand on the concept if there's enough interest, so give it a look and a little bit of love.

Thanks as always for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

14. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another Friday night bite coming at you!

Episode 104 - Complex Corps.

This go about we're having a look at Complex Corps. by acdramon. The too long/didn't watch is it's a nice slice of LBP2 goodness thankfully unbroken in LBP3. The gameplay and environmental design are solid on, though your mileage may vary on the story/level integration. It's a lot of fun, so give it a play!

Writing this one up early so we can just hit post after the stream.

This was actually a bit of an episode to put together. i follow acdramon on Twitter, and he seems to be a pretty hoopy frood in all regards. Reviewing levels in such a circumstance always feels a bit like threading the needle between honesty and...hrmm...what's the word i want...not politeness, exactly, but being nice isn't quite there either. At any rate, the level actually being quite good (by my own standards, at least) means i got to dodge the bullet again. Wait, that's mixing metaphors, isn't it? Dodging a bullet whilst threading the needle? That's just bad writing, that is.

's been...i dunno. An up and down couple of weeks? Practical upshot is i've got a bunch of manga to read. If i keep up at this rate, i'll probably need another bookshelf by month's end.

For the few of y'all who keep an eye on the Isaac stuffs, spoilers for mid-March, but i finally got all the post-it note unlocks sorted. That includes taking Keeper through the Delirium fight. Also managed to snag both the "It's the Key" and "Zip" unlocks, in the same run no less. That's a stroke of almost stupid good luck. This means i'm...hrmm...well depending on how generous the RNG wants to be...i'm not all that far off from a total file clear. This'll be my...umm...5th time doing so? 6th, maybe? If we're really lucky we'll get it done by episode 175, which is how long my first on-camera 1001% clear took (that was before all the Afterbirth+ DLC). i...really need some help, don't i?

16. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Another late night bite for y'all

Episode 105 - The Abandoned Cavern

This time we're looking at The Abandoned Cavern by Stepho2012. The too long/didn't watch is it's a really fun bit of LBP2 goodness updated (though, honestly, unnoticeably) to LBP3. i'm looking forward to more from Stepho2012 on their return, since it seems they'd taken a bit of a hiatus from creation. Welcome back Stepho!

Everything is darkness and delirium, but at least Enter the Spider-verse and Captain Marvel are coming out over here soon, and those are things to look forward too. Also, a nice big pot of pasta sauce. There's that too.

18. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Back again for another late-night bite!

Episode 106 - Little sunset paradise

This go about we're having a look at Little sunset paradise by Wis910. The too long/didn't watch is it's a pretty neat, sometimes tricky, and sometimes frustrating boost boots platformer. Give it a go, but keep in mind some bits can be tough.

Thanks as always for all the support and feedback, and have a great night!

Working through the Yakuza 0 stuff on stream has been a total ball. Now that we've gotten past the initial cutscene-heavy first chapter and can run about and get into trouble, it's just a joy to play. We clocked 3hours on the last stream, and i hardly even noticed. i do wonder, a little, about what exactly Renga thinks the Yakuza's role in the community is, though. He's such an upstanding do-gooder. i have to imagine an actual Yak would probably extort a cut out of the panty-selling ring instead of shutting it down for the girls' protection.

Finally got to see Enter the Spiderverse, and it did live up to the hype, which was nice. Gorgeous looking, amazing soundtrack, goofy multi-verse story that fit the comic book tone better than a lot of the standard MCU movies do. Wish we'd gotten a bit more of Noir-Spiderman and Peni Parker, though.

So...there's been some stuff going on in life at the moment. i put together a video. It's kind of tangential to the series, but still, i guess it goes in the "Behind the Curtains Stuffs" category.
    Meatspace Concerns

20. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Another late-night bite here!

Episode 107 - No More Jumps 2! BETA TEST

This time about it's a little bit different. We're taking an early look at No More Jumps 2! BETA TEST by Wheelslide. The too long/didn't watch is...it's not finished yet, but seems to have potential to be something pretty solid. Once it's completely wrapped and published, we'll do another B-side Second Look episode, and update all the links and what not. In the mean time, take a stroll through their No More Jumps!, which is mostly solid, though i do think giving the players boost boots for some parts is kind of a cheat.

i should have really written this up this morning, but i was kind of in a rush. At least i got all of next Tueday's episode done, except for the PiPs. Also, got a nice pot of curry all together and set.

22. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another late-night bite coming to you!

Episode 108 - Imagine

This go about we're having a look at Imagine by HostileBunny16. The too long/didn't watch is...it's an interesting one. i think i liked it more for the concept than the actual execution. Though, to be fair, i've no seen a level that quite tried to do this. Still, give it a look and see what you think. Bring some friends.

Thanks, as always, for all the support and feedback, and i hope you have a great day.

i wanted to do a Behind the Curtains about a lot of stuff. But then the Christchurch Mosque shooting happened, and i just kind of want to turn the world off for a couple of days. Sometimes, but really, to hell with this world and then some.

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Alright! Got another bite here!

Episode 109 - Return to the Islands

This go about we're having a look at Return to the Islands by coldk50. The too long/didn't watch is...it's not quite good. Part of the problem being that they tell us there's no 3d movement, when there absolutely is, and that can cause a lot of issues where you think something will happen, and then it doesn't. It's got a good look to it, and the music is keen, but...it needs a fair amount of work.

Didn't get the post written this morning, so...not too much here today!

25. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another late-night bite hot and ready for y' then!

Episode 110 - Factory of Acid

This go about we're having a look at Factory of Acid by understory1278. The too long/didn't watch is this is a decent enough second level as far as things go. the environment is pretty cohesive, which is nice, though i think it could use a few more passes of decoration. Gameplay is a bit on the simple side of things, nothing that'll cause too much trouble. The cameras could probably stand a bit of tweaking, but really there's not a whole lot to complain about (not really a whole lot to praise, either, to be honest). Give it a play, it ought to take about 2minutes or so.

This is going up late, 'cause i think i'm going to step out a bit tonight. Went to the movies last night, and stopped in at a bar i'd no been to in years. It was super nice. Everyone was really friendly, and weird, and i just felt really at home. So i'm going to make another pass by this evening.

If anyone's following on the Twitter, i finished off that manga i showed a couple of weeks back. So...i think the moral of the story was...if you have a bed-ridden empress who's maxed out her memory and speed-reading traits, maybe don't give her access to every book you can lay your hands on. It's just that she might bootstrap herself to godhood, and then whoopsie-daisy everyone ends up et. It's a pretty specific moral, probably won't come up in your life all that often, i imagine. Oh! Also, if you wander in the void long enough, you'll end up with dogs growing out of your head. That's probably a more useful guidepost for life. At any rate, the manga's kind of big on body horror, which is a-ok with me.

i keep waiting for the panic of having quit my job to set in. Two weeks on and it's not here yet. Now, on the one hand, not panicking is nice. On the other, i tend to get more done when i am. Hrmm...

The Yakuza 0 stream keeps trucking along and...i'm not sure either of our main characters really have a good grasp on what the Yakuza does. Now, game-qua-game this isn't really an issue, as it's fun and i've been having a blast, also, i don't think i'd really want to play a full-on-Donkey-Kong Yak...those guys are real jerks. Still, it does make it hard for the character beats in the story to really land for me.

27. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Yatta! We've made it to yet another playlist cleanup!

Episode 100b - Playlist Cleanup

The following levels will be coming off the LBPme LBsP Playlist in the next couple of days, so here's a last hurrah and shout-out for them.

A Paint Job Platformer by nikkizumas
    ROBOT TRASH by Gio-AS-97
    Lez Play [1] by superboy-justin
    The Well by TheAliklumKnight
    SIMPLE AND FUN by Smurfetta5683
    -Davinci's New Hideout- by Nesh151515
    DNA town by bossman3009
    Climb eiffel tower by scalapp007
    Chapter Zero by chronos453
    Flow - MANGOPINE CAVERN by ramon234567

Hopefully there're a couple in there that catch your eye, but give 'em a bit of love, yeah?

Thanks, as always, for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Being, generally speaking, meatspace-asocial, i tend to forget what it's like being around new people who are actually friendly and inviting. It's...nice, but disorienting. Turns out the...i think he's the bar master (though, perhaps not the owner?) is a big US comics geek. He's got particular love for Hellboy. i feel like i should bring around my Scud: Disposable Assassin and Johnny the Homicidal Maniac collections. i'm just worried that it'd be rude, cause i'm not sure how well he reads English (interestingly, the main Hellboy series is fully translated over here). Also, the bartender has the pinkest hair i've ever seen on a human, it's really quite lovely.

29. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Slightly late late-night bite!

Episode 111 - Puzzle Dasher Level 1

This week we're looking at Puzzle Dasher Level 1 by DarkOnix16. The too long/didn't watch is...it's actually not all that bad. There are some visual presentation issues, but really, it's a fairly fun level. There's a nice bonus level tucked away in there too. Give it a look, and a little bit of love, eh?

Thanks, as always, for the feedback and support, and i hope you have a great day!

i'm late! Sorry! i need to have some dinner now!

31. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Back for a little late-night bite!

Episode 112 - Madness is a place

This go about we're having a look at Madness is a place by sayuri357. The too long/didn't watch is, i really liked it. A relatively straight-forward slice of LBP2 goodness gussied up with some nice presentation and environmental design. Not without its flaws, but all-around well-done in the end. Give it a little love, since it appears to not have gotten the attention it deserved when it was first published.

Thanks, as always for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

This one's going to be posted late, again, as i'm heading out for the movies tonight, again. Was a bit on the fence, since i've seen Shawn of the Dead more than a few times (though, probably fewer times than Hot Fuzz), but i've never had the chance to see it on the big screen. Now...why it's getting a second screening now, and in Japan of all places, i couldn't say, but still...it's a bit hard to resist. Prolly stop by the new local for one or two after...since the movie doesn't start until 9p...well, posted late means the post'll most likely be up tomorrow...in the most technical sense. Then again, in uni we used to say it wasn't actually tomorrow 'fore you'd slept.

Also...Dreams early access is April 16th? Bugger and sin.

33. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another late-night bite coming at you.

Episode 113 - The Factory has Eyes

This go about we're putting our peepers on The Factory has Eyes by Pitta_Brad. The too long/didn't watch is...well, it has a nice look, and the gameplay isn't bad, but it is so very short. It could, and probably will be bulked out into something more substantial, but for the moment it's hardly an appetizer. Still, it's not bad for all that, so give it a play, yeah?

Had a particularly bad crash during the Sunday night LBP3 bonus stream, full corruption and everything. Looks like the back-up files were recent enough that we didn't lose much, but still... i suppose the timing was appropriate enough.

Also managed to beat one of the maps on Chronos453's Tower Defense level, and that felt pretty good.

Also also found out that Risk of Rain 2 is out and i really want to pick it up, early access or no. Why is there so much good stuff coming out right now? i'll have the time, but...i'm not particularly made of money at the mo'.

Finished my last day at my main school today. It was...i dunno, the whole experience has kind of been second-hand feeling. i mean, the last month, i've still had to go about the usual routine, and it makes the incipient end feel really unreal. One thing that's helped has been my regular students straight-up blitzing my schedule. i appreciate that they're all eager beavers, and want one last shot at my lessons, and i don't want to bite the hand that feeds, but...let me tell you, seeing the same groups of people nine classes (or more!) in a given week is a real good way to not wanting to see them ever again. It's been, in a word, f'ing exhausting. Still, payday in April will have a bit more bulk than it otherwise would have, so it all washes out, i suppose.

Tomorrow's the for real last day. Somehow a after-work party agglomerated around me when i wasn't looking. Which was nice, but also distinctly odd.

35. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another late-night bite here!

Episode 114 - TOMB TOGGLE

This go about we're having a look at TOMB TOGGLE by RtooDee2. The too long/didn't watch is...well, i'm glad we got the jump on this one a little early, because it picked up a lot of heat really darn quick. i can't say i'm super surprised, as it's an extremely solidly-put-together example of straight-forward platforming joy. If you've somehow not given it a go yet, definitely take a bit of time to do so now.

So, work is wrapped, then. Still hasn't quite set in, seeing as Thursday/Friday have been my regular days off for yonks. i think come tomorrow, and not having anything on schedule to do, and it'll start to sink in just how deep the soup i've dropped myself into really is. i'm hoping ankle-deep, but we'll see. i don't think, necessarily, being out of this job is going to really do much to un-kink my head, but i do know that it's easier fighting an elephant than it is fighting rats.

The mini-shindig that got kitted up around me was pretty fun. i was lucky to run into an old friend before she shipped herself off to Thailand, so that was good. People kept buying me shots, though; and one of the first rules i learned living in Milwaukee was: never turn down free drinks, so i may have had a bit more than was strictly healthy. Managed, somehow to get extricated before last train, though i don't have anything more than snapshot memory as to actually getting home.

Picked up Risk of Rain 2, and learned to my dismay that my poor old laptop is just not up to snuff to play it, let alone to record playing it. Which is a shame, because i was looking forward to doing a series on it. There're just too many dropped frames, though, and it [1] makes it almost impossible to track and fire on enemies, which is bad for me; and [2] makes the video jump around like a drunk with a Kodak, which is nauseating, and probably bad for you. i'm just going to have to wait 'til it comes around to PS4, or 'til i can afford a serious upgrade to my equipment. It does make me feel a little better about Borderlands 3 being Epic Store-exclusive, though. If my set-up can't handle something relatively light like RoR2, there's no way it'd be able to handle BL3.

37. Thanks!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast