BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Ossu! Got a late-night recap episode coming at you!

Episode 131b - Playlist Cleanup

So this go about, we'll be peeling these episodes off the lbp.me playlist.

Polarity by skilletfan5383
    Natural Sky by chaosgear
    The Greatest Cake by warbyte01
    Forgotten Space Station by ScooterMix
    Dreamiverse Dash by Super-Fantastic
    Supercharged Tower Defense by chronos453
    Sands of Egypt by SrFreeze
    Ascension by Precipite2
    Deep down facility by markybarlow
    Rusty Metal by MajorMaximusLBP

If you've got the time, give a couple of these levels a whirl, yeah? Some of them are quite good, but keep in mind, a few of them are a bit long.

Thanks, as always, for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Behind the Curtains Stuffs
    Got our internet thing mostly sorted today, though there are still a couple things that need to get squared away. The 'net guy showed up about 15minutes earlier than they said he would, so it's a good thing we wrapped the stream up when we did.

Gonna put a theory out as a bookmark for the moment, but i'm thinking that they're setting up Osborn as Green Goblin as a heavy for a Spider-Man 2. They've put in a fair amount of implied set-up for it, but i'm not sure there's enough time left in the game to make for a good narrative pay-off. We've still got Doc. Ock and Mister Negative to go, but according to the menu screen, we've only got 8% of the game to go.

i'm going to a weirdo wedding Sunday, so...that's a thing.

- - - - - - - - - -

Ossu! Another late-night bite coming up at you here!

Episode 132 - Welcome back to The Gardens

This go about we're having a look at Welcome back to The Gardens! by loopy1200. The long story short is, well the first half is neat looking, though the difficulty curve is a bit all over the place. The end bit is...well, kind of drab, to be perfectly honest. Still, it's not all bad, and worth enough a quick play-through. Give it a shot and see what you think.

Geeze...Faith No More is really a solid band, inn'it?

Life is all kinds of life. i put up a meatspace episode yesterday that i should've put in the Playlist Cleanup post.

It occurs to me, often, that i have no idea how people think. Not what they think, most folks are less-than-circumspect in letting you know that; but how. At times i find the process of thought to be deeply disconcerting.

2. Thanks!

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 731
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    risu5_waffles

Oops...yeah, late post is late, sorry about that y'all.

Episode 133 - Material Madness

This go about we're looking at Material Madness by FullcowlGokuYT. It's...a hard level to legitimately review without the review becoming a dunk-a-thon. It is, at least, definitely a level, not an empty box and a scoreboard. It does have a couple of neat bits, it's just nothing is expanded on at all. Still, if you've got a free minute, give it a look, it doesn't take long.

My throat is completely wrecked. Yesterday started off well-enough, i suppose. Didn't take long to hit a wall, though. i had to go to the tax office to try to renegotiate my payments. i don't mind paying taxes, really. Sure the money would help if it were in my bank account, but it's getting used to pay for things we all benefit from. Still, since i have no income now, i thought maybe deferring the payments, or breaking them up so they'd be easier to deal with would help a lot.

Turns out that's not a doable thing. If i'd been fired, they'd have been more obliging, they said, but...

So...i ended up going to karaoke. This...was a mistake. i always pick the two-hour package, and then remember too late that i can't actually sing that much, at least not the songs i enjoy singing, without completely wrecking my throat. Of course, all the shochu on the rocks didn't help either. Spent the next couple hours walking about, because i'd gotten it in my head i wanted to stop in at the local, and that doesn't open until 8p. Had a couple of beers, because when you're in a crap financial situation, why not dig that hole a little deeper? Eh? Eh?

My mood's been all over the place, and last night wasn't a very good one. i'd say it couldn't get any worse, but i'm not stupid enough to ask for that much trouble.

Oh, i don't have a beard anymore. It feels reaaaaaly weird. i mean, i've had it since i was 18.

4. Thanks!

7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Another late-night bite coming up at you!

Episode 134 - !Free Game!

This go about we're having a look at !Free Game! by jb1182. The too-long/didn't watch is, it's really, really quite good. Solid environment, cool character mechanics, some nice movie work. There are a bit of odd bits off, but it's definitely worth a play. Even got picked up for level-of-the-day/team pick (they could have waited a few days, though, no?). Whenever we get some gloom and doom about the "End of LBP" it's always nice to find a newly-published level like this one.

Oh my dogs! i realize i didn't talk at all about the wedding! It was so. much. fun. There was pro wrestling! Like full-on-donkey-kong pro wrestling (though...less of a squared-circle and more of a bunch of mats duct taped together, but still). The two chaps they'd hired on sold it like you wouldn't believe. There was a pile-driver through a chair. It was nuts. Oh, and no one gave even half-a-fig about how i looked. That...that meant an awful lot to me.

These last few days i've been in a base-level good mood, and it feels...really foreign? i'm not going to complain about it, and i'm a little worried if i poke it too hard, things will swing back to the weird numb/null-state i've been drifting in since last June. Still, something's going right. Some direction i'm moving in is the right one. i don't know how to explain it, but there it is.

We'll have a quick bonus episode up tomorrow.

6. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Special late-night bite coming at you!

Episode 134b - Two years? Two years!

So, holy heck but it's been two years since we got the show up on it's legs and running. i want to thank the lot of you for sticking about with me for it. We're going to keep it going, so let's shoot for four? Y'all have a great day now, yeah?

For some reason i just can't figure out how to turn the music off in my hub in Dreams. i kit together a second area, it turned out pretty well i think. i got a teleporter set-up so i can get from one to the other easily enough. The problem is, the sound track for the first area definitely does not fit the second. i poked around a bit in the logic, but so far i got nothing. Saa...we'll figure it out eventually.

8. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Coming at you with another late-night bite!

Episode 135 - The Flooded Caves of Nadaha-Ar

This go about we're having a look at the LBP3 reworking of The Flooded Caves of Nadaha-Ar by paczek321. The too-long/didn't watch is...ahh...conceptually pretty keen, but betrayed by how LBP3 handles paintinator shots. The core concept is there, but i think it probably could use a fair amount of reworking to get into an enjoyable state for LBP3. Still, give it a try and maybe you'll have better luck than i did.

Thanks as always for all the support and feed back, and have a great day!

Went to another job centre thing today, one of these seminars required for me to get unemployment (though designed so hopefully the participants won't have to). It was a little easier to follow than the first one i went to. Also, surprisingly supportive. Of course, they push the idea that getting re-employed sooner is better than later, but more from the stand-point that we'll be able to claim more benefits that way (there are certain support stipends that pay out once you're employed again, to help carry you to your first paycheck, but they go down the more actually unemployment payments you've received). Also, the chap running it was surprisingly insistent on our not just taking the first job that comes along, and not being shy about asking hard questions about salary and hours during the job interview. i appreciated that a lot.

i'd actually gone to the foreign-specializing job centre yesterday, just to get some clarification on some of the forms. The woman helping me was actually super cool and very encouraging. During the course of our conversation, she checked on some jobs in the funeral industry (since we'd been talking about past work experience), and she found one! But...when they put in some calls for me, it turned out they were only looking for a woman at the moment. ... Eventually i'll need to get a little deeper into why this was so ironically hilarious.

10. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu, got another (a little late) late-night bite coming up for you!

Episode 136 - 癒しパンダの城

This go about we're having a look at 癒しパンダの城(Healing Panda Castle) by roui-1. The too-long/didn't watch is...i think it's broken? i'd like to ask any of you with access to a PS3 to give it a look on there (it's an LBP2 jam), it seems like there's a bounce pad that's not spawning in the first area that makes the level unplayable through LBP3.

Thanks, as always, for all the support, and have a great day!

i took a nap, it was good! And i woke up at 9p! Great! Then...i fell asleep again and woke up at 10.30p... not so good.

Was taking a walk today, and got caught under a railway underpass when it started absolutely pouring. There was a super-bright orange support beam that contrasted amazingly with the super-dark grey sky. It was, really quite beautiful, really. Surprisingly enough, when i got home finally, all the clothes and sheets i'd left hanging on the balcony hadn't gotten wet.

The Japanese gov't trusts i'm not a terrorist, this is nice, i really needed the money. Especially since i finally got my new ISP cancelled, and that's gonna run me 30k yen. But, let's compare. One episode of Isaac uploaded on "new" ISP 3-5hrs. On "old" ISP, 45minutes. There's not really any contest there.

12. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another late-night bite coming at ya!

Episode 137 - ~。。Dreams。。~

This go about we're having a look at ~。。Dreams。。~ by dodaddo304. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's a fun enough race, that could use a little bit of polish here and there to really elevate it. Still, it's a pretty good go, and worth a play or two. Give it a go, yeah?

So, i went and did it. i jumped. *whoo* This was a whole thing. So, i made a Meatspace episode to go through what i'm going through recently. i don't usually push people to actually watch my videos, but this one is kind of important to me, so it would mean a lot if you did give it a look. Also, it's only 10minutes, so...i mean, yeah?

PatER - 172b Hey, Listen!

14. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another late-night bite coming at you!

Episode 138 - That Level Again - Sackboy Edition

This go about we're having a look at That Level Again - Sackboy Edition by JotaxWarrior. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's a pretty neatly-presented gimmick-style puzzle platformer that does at good job at what it's doing, but has it's replayability undercut by the nature of its puzzles; which is a common issue with these types of levels, really. Still it is pretty fun, a touch longish, perhaps, the first go through, but still worth a play. Give it a go and see how you do.

So, did the skyping with the folks and it went really, really well. They were as understanding as i could have hoped, more so really, seeing as they're both in their 70s now. That feels like the last current ball of tension connected to all this has rolled off of me. Don't know what comes next, and i doubt being in Japan will make it any easier, but at least i know my parents are in my corner, and that makes a huge difference. It'll be...interesting (and by interesting i mean most likely infuriating considering their hard-right drift these past 20ish years) how the rest of the family reacts, but to be honest, i'd already kind of written them off.

Was going to have curry for lunching today, and then get some things done. Then i figured, hey, we're basically in Summer now, why don't we go for some sushi-train? i...forgot how heavy sushi really is. i didn't even really eat all that much, just 8plates (so, 16bits? What word do we even use to count sushi?), but by the time i left the restaurant, my stomach felt like it had a bowling ball in it. It was really kind of sickening? Didn't really help that it was hot and muggy today as anything, and i was walking. So...i guess those things i wanted to get done will get done on Monday.

16. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Comin' at ya with another late night bite!

Episode 139 - Tiki Ruins

This go about we're having a look at Tiki Ruins by Slones0725. The too-long/didn't-watch is...it's...ok? It would probably have been better as a straight-up platformer, as opposed to the race level that it is. One thing that needs to be kept in mind, though, is it has a forced level-link to another level that then has a forced level-link back to this one. i really, really don't like that. Still, the level itself isn't that bad, and is worth a look, at the very least.

Going to have to make a LBsP video dealing with the name change thing, particularly since changing my psn handle deleted all the comments on my lbp.me. This is a bit of a issue, seeing as a bunch of folks had gotten in touch with me, i missed getting back in touch with them, and well...those posts are all gone now. Whoopsie doodles. If i'd realized or noticed that was going to happen...well, i'd still have changed my name, but i would've taken screenshots beforehand.

18. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu? This is just a bit of administrata to go over, most of you probably already know what's up. Still, i thought it would be a good idea to toss up something quick about how i've changed my handles and nicks and all of that. If you already know the score, there's nothing much to see here.

Episode 139b -Name Change

i've found the results of changing your psn handle don't quite dovetail with the experience predicted by the lbp faq, so...right, whatever. Might not be worth a tinker's to trust information from some outlets all that much, eh?

- - - - - - - - - -

Ossu! Got another late-night bite coming up at you!

Episode 140 - The Forest of Bones.

This go about we're having a look at The Forest of Bones. by alisanora. the too-long/didn't-watch is it's actually pretty fun, with some interesting decorations/gameplay elements. A pity the broader environmental design doesn't quite keep up. In that way it's kind of the opposite of their Pi Zone (we played it on the last LBP stream), where that had a really striking environment, but fell apart in the gameplay. Still, i had a good time with The Forest of Bones., so give it a play yourself and see what you think.

There are few things as satisfying as getting annoying things sorted. Of course, in order to do that, you actually have to do the annoying thing, but getting it checked off the list is so nice.

More little bits from my adventure of changing my PSN. So...everything i made on the previous handle got shunted over into Community , that includes all the paintings i've made. Which i did notice, at first, but had conveniently forgotten about when i went and deleted a bunch of pictures i'd gotten forced on me in levels. So...umm...yeah, whoopsie-doodles i guess.
    Also, for some reason my playlists have gotten reversed in order. Now, in a way that's good, because it means the R15F playlists actually show up in order of publishing. On the other hand, my LBsP playlists are way down at the bottom of the pile now, and that's a bit of a pain. Ah well, six of one, half-a-dozen of the other, yeah?

20. Thanks!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! New late-night bite coming up at you!

Episode 141 - Brass & Bounce

This go about we're having a look at Brass & Bounce by XxEmo_StarxX. The too-long/didn't-watch is...well, there's a neat old-school, platform interaction effect here, at least. Not too much else to make a selling point of. Still, it's pretty short, so there's no reason not to give it a little bit of love, if you've got a couple of minutes to spare.

Thank, as always, for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Back down to 0 hearts. It kind of amuses me, to be honest.

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Coming at you with another late-night bite!

Episode 142 - Sunny Day

This go about we're looking at Sunny Day by CDoublePlanet101. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's an ok enough call-back to old-school sidescrolling platformers that doesn't quite manage to pull it off thanks to some not-so-great presentation choices. Still, it's decent enough (and short enough) to warrant a quick play or two.

Thanks, as always, for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Alright, this is getting a bit ridiculous.
    negatives.jpg

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another late-night bite coming up at you!

Episode 142b - Playlist Cleanup

This go about we have the usual once-every-five-weeks playlist cleanup! As per standard, we'll be pulling these 10levels off the list tomorrow, but you've got a nice, handy list for you right here! Also in the video description, so you can get it there. Anywho, away we go!

Super Sack Bros: W2-8 Morton's Castle by TheWretched22
    Temple of Darkness by Marncore
    /Strange World/ by Uni_kittyGirl726
    Complex Corps. by acdramon
    "The Abandoned Cavern" by Stepho2012
    Littlesunset paradise by Wis910
    Imagine by HostileBunny16
    Return to the Islands by coldk50
    Factory of Acid by understory1278
    Puzzle Dasher Level 1 by VampyricByte

So if you've got the time, give some or all of these a bit of love (though...yeah, there are certainly a few clunkers in there, to be sure).

If you've been following on Twitter, you'll know yesterday was not a super-great-wonderful day. The ceilings of the kitchen and bathroom are still leaking, since the building Super won't call in the repair folk until tomorrow, so...that's just great. Can't cook any real food, since several of the more serious leaks are above the stove, so we're eating pre-made garbage food, and i hate it. Hopefully these jokers will show up pretty early tomorrow. Also, you know, sleep. Since i have to empty out the various pots, bowls, and tupperware once every hour or so. Whoo!

i've got a bead on a job. It's not really a good one, but work is work, and it seems like it ought to be easy enough to do. It will require some significantly large changes to my lifestyle if i want to free up enough money to do more important things with my life. That route means we'll only need to change the Thursday stream to a later time-slot, though it might not be a bad idea to shift the Saturday stream so i have some weekend night free for life stuff (since the jobs-paper lists it as a Monday to Friday 9 to 5.30kind of gig). Now, the other option, if i want to gin up money quick (which...to be honest...isn't not-tempting) is to try and pick up a part-time night job on top, which would have...outcomes on the channel/streams. This, of course, is all dependent on my actually getting the job, but i've got my paperwork in, and the interview, at least, is guaranteed. Fingers crossed. We really need to get moving forward, i feel like time is nipping at my heels a bit.

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another late-night bite coming up for you!

Episode 143 - the Compass of Time

This go about we're having a look at The Compass of Time by jauw2. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's an awful lot of fun, really. The central mechanic is well-integrated throughout the level, the pacing is excellent (the level runs about 9minutes, but it doesn't feel like it at all), and there's a little humour in the storytelling. i'd been wanting to look at this one way back in R15F, and i'm glad i finally got the chance here.

i can use my kitchen again, so i'mma gonna go and do that.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9