BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 997
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

Alright, coming at you quick with another little bite over here.

This time around we're looking at Fisherman's Village by Addictex.

It's a creepy little charmer that's brought down a notch by one glaring (but fixable!) error in the end. i'd say more, but i'm in a super rush right now. Thanks Addictex for the request, and thanks all of you for following along. Have a great day!

Behind the curtain stuffs

Got level recording for episode 049 done. Everything for 048 is done but the PiPs, and really they just need to be cut out and inserted, i already know the times for them. Spent a goodly chunk of yesterday on my bike on a very Nineties-esque search for a Switch that wouldn't break the bank. It was actually kind of fun, to be honest. Did end up at the end of the day with the Splatoon2 Pack, and picked up Mario Kart 8 int he deal. Got a fair amount knocked off the price because i got it used, and...get this...the box was a little scuffed, and there was a scratch on one of the controllers. Sometimes Japan can be amazing-sauce,

7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

So, we've got another quick bite over here.

This time we're looking at Proxima B4 by ONOR67, the latest in the Proxima series, and the follow up to the extremely awesome Proxima B3 that we looked at back in R15F - 027 Hogwash. The TLDW version is B4 is a solid level that suffers mostly in comparison to the previous installment. It's still quite good, and is definitely worth a play, though i would recommend the series as a whole, instead of just this one. One thing i forgot to mention in the episode, but the music is really, really good. i'd love to know where it came from.

Behind the Curtains Stuff

So...so busy. i swear it's like, nothing ever comes up singly, it just has to be a dozen things all at once. Nothing bad, actually mostly good, but everything eating just a bit more time than expected. So, sorry about being a little slow on the LBsP side of things. On the positive side, R15F 049 is done but for the PiPs, and the primary level recordings for 050 got wrapped this morning. Whew.

3. Thanks!

5. Thanks!

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 488
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Thanks again for your recommendation! Haunted House by ninpy seems to be fitting to our 500th Reformation Day...also known as Halloween!
    Have a fine day and many greetings, Jürgen^^

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 756
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I liked nippy's platformer. It looked very good and it was intimidating.

8. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Back again for another round over here.

This time we're having a look at Cursed Trains [Intro] by mdkd99.

The short version is we've got a fairly solid introduction to the world of the story with a likeable protagonist, and some good environmental work that's let down just a little bit by ancient Japanese art theory. i liked it a lot and it's worth a good look.

Behind the Curtains Stuffs: i always have a little bit of a hard time engaging with these kinds of levels as a reviewer, because what i want to do (take my time, noodle about what's going on, look closely at things) is fairly at odds with what i need to do (present what's going on in a way that makes sense and at the same time manages to be interesting and pithy). i don't know that i threaded the needle this time, but i hope so.

Also, it's raining today. Which means i have to take the subway into work. If i suddenly disappear of the face of the planet, y'all will know it was mdkd's fault.

10. Thanks!

7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Thanks again for making this video. I appreciate the feedback!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! The Laziest Martian on Mars back at you with another go.

This time we're taking a look at DONT FORGET LBP1 - NICE-PLAYEUR

It's...well...it's a thing. Apparently i played it previously, and...i retained no memory of it at all. Still i had fun enough with it this time, so there's that. As always, have a great day, y'all!

Behind the Curtains Stuff i don't know how i can be so busy, and yet feel so very lazy. It has been really weird not doing recordings for R15F, though

PSN
    waffle_king23

Alrighty then, got another lil' bite comin' at'cha here

This go about we're looking at PENTA by Creat1ve-Gen1u5-

First up, GO. PLAY. THIS. LEVEL. NOW. It's ok, i'll wait.

If you can't do that, and you can't watch the episode, the short story is we're looking at something that has no right being in LBP3 at all (and i mean that as the most laudatory praise possible). i forgot to mention in the episode, but the music's great too. i...also may have been surprised into an F-Bomb that i couldn't quite edit out, so there's that, and i'm sorry.

Have a great day, y'all! We live in interesting times.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    sir_monacle

I just watched the video, and I must say - My head is spinning!

Okay, so here's how I'm guessing this works:

The level was created a top-down angle, you can only move left/right, as the track (and most enemies) moves downwards to give the illusion of moving forward - each part of the track is spawned by an emitter - you can tell as there's sometimes a white line. (This is also why your shots go forwards.)

When you jump, you're just moving out a layer. Enemies are connected to an impact sensor, so when you touch them, you gain points and they get destroyed. Bosses are connected by a timer, counter and an emitter - So they only spawn once. The camera is outside of the player, attached to dephysicalised block, that moves at the same speed of the player. The controlinator might be attached to the camera.

I've never made a 3D level in LittleBigPlanet 3, and the LittleBigPlanet 2 glitch doesn't work in the 3rd game, so I have no clue how that works.

This doesn't explain everything, of course, as I have no clue if this is actually how it works, but it makes sense in my (currently spinning) mind.

signature 2016: "2016 yet I'm still using a PlayStation 3...." --sir monacle

signature 2017: "The more you struggle with something, the more rewarding it feels to finish it." --sir monacle

PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

3D projects were also a cool thing in the LBP series, but in the end nothing more than a nice little gimmick in my opinion.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Good analysis, Monacle! i imagine you've probably got the right of it there.

Ossu! Guten Morgen! Woke up at 3.30a, so i thought i'd toss together another little bite here.

Episode 037

This go about we're looking at Simplexity by Rayvolution.

Long story short, it's a pretty solid "build itself around you as you go" platformer that doesn't well survive the transition into LBP3. If you have the opportunity, give it a look in LBP1, because it really is rather nice.

Hope you're all doing well, i've got to get myself ready for works.

Behind the Curtains Stuff

R15F-S2 episode 001 is finished and uploaded! Yay!

PSN
    waffle_king23

And....got another little bite coming up here!

Episode 038

This time about we're taking a look at ***Colorful City*** by vivasjunior.

It's a solid example of good gameplay and stylized environment, with just a few sour notes to leaven the mix. All in all pretty fun, though. Be sure to check out some of vivasjunior's other levels as well, as they're quite fun!

Behind the Curtains Stuffs

Super busy like, over here. R15F-S2 episode 002 is wrapped, uploaded, and scheduled for Dec. 15th. We also got the level recordings for ep.003 finished up as well. Jumping the gun a bit, perhaps, but today wasn't much busy, and the rest of this week looks to be, so...you use the time you've got, eh?

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew biorogue's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 1,088
    PSN
    jester946
    Blog Entries

Nice vid man. Keep them coming.

Follow me on the twitterz @bioswoop

PSN
    waffle_king23

Thanks for the support, Bio! It's always appreciated.

Alright, it's been awhile, but we're back for another round here.

Episode 039

This go around we're looking at The Factory of a Worse Today by LittleBigCat21.

The short version is, it's a pretty decent, at times tricky, platformer that never quite lives up the implied potential of its name. It's also unwinnable when played in LBP3, so if you can, give it a look in its native LBP2.

As always, thanks for all the support, folks. Hope you all have a fine day, and a fine whichever Holiday you happen to celebrate. You could always go with celebrating Mithras' birth from the rock, but that would require you having a bull on hand, so maybe that's a no-go.

Nier Automata is so good. That's all.

Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 92
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    sir_monacle

This level looked fun (if played in LittleBigPlanet 2), but it's weird how sometimes older levels break in LittleBigPlanet 3.

signature 2016: "2016 yet I'm still using a PlayStation 3...." --sir monacle

signature 2017: "The more you struggle with something, the more rewarding it feels to finish it." --sir monacle

What a coincidence! The level called The Factory of a Worse Today was actually boosted by Project Unknown - which was an organised team that helped unknown creators to get attention, created by me. That's why you can see that sign in the beginning of the level. Good deeds leave marks... If I didn't boost the level at the time, it would have most likely remained unknown today as it had less than 10 plays originally. Pretty amazing to hear about it now after such a long time.

PSN
    waffle_king23

Huh, that's strange, i could've sworn i responded to BlackSackman a day or so ago...fever dreams, perhaps. But, yeah, it is always a nice thing when something (good) you've done comes back to you.

Ho ho ho! Got a bit of a late entry over here!

Episode 040

This go about we're taking a look at So You Think You Can Claus! by WaffleGod345.

The short story is it's a pretty solid on Oddsock level with one misstep at the beginning that can really make a hash of things if you're not careful. Also, maybe, Satan. Still, it was a fair amount of fun, and worth giving one play to. Also, there may be a little bonus footage at the end, if you're into that kind of thing.

Thanks as always for all the support, and hope you have a great day!

We still have PiP'ing to do for episode 004, but we got the intro and all the level recordings done for 005, so we're almost back on schedule again. This is nice.

- - - - - - - - - -

Whoa Ho Ho, two in two days? Looks like that!

Episode 041

This time we're having a peep at Light's Forest by SrFreeze.

Short version is, it's really very nice. Quite chill, so if you're looking for something faster paced and more challenging, you'll nae find it here: on the other hand, if you're in the mood for a relaxing stroll through a very well-presented environment, this one is probably for you. i really liked it myself.

Episode 004 of R15F is in the can and uploaded, and we're halfway through 005. This is good. Also, no hangover; which is fairly shocking, all things considered.

Well thanks for the review! I've left a comment thread on the video under the name Direwoofles.

PSN
    waffle_king23

i saw that, and thanks a lot for it. It was interesting to see some of what your thinking was when putting together the level. Congrats on the Level of the Day pick, and i look forward to seeing what's next from you!

Ossu! Coming around with another quick one!

Battle With Zombies 3 - Beta

This time we're having a second look at Battle With Zombies 3 - Beta by mdkd99.

Long story short it's still very much a work in progress, but fun enough for what's there. Which is waves and waves of zombies for you to shiv, or haphazardly plink at with your starting weapon. It'll be interesting to see where this one ends up, but it's not quite there yet.

Behind the Curtain Stuffs

Spent basically all of today recording and editing, but episode 005 is all done and uploaded, 006 is done but for the PiPs, and we got this one done about in the nick of. Whew...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3