BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Ossu! Another late-night bite coming your way!

Episode 115 - 白の夢 dream of white

This go about we're having a look at 白の夢 dream of white by riku04. The too long/didn't watch is this is a Jside LBP1 level revamped for LBP2 (and played in LBP3, it's a wonder nothing broke). It's one of those super-fiddly all-about-precision platformers that you'll either love or hate. It's...not my favourite, but i can't say what i saw was poorly put-together or unfair. Give it a look see, hopefully you'll make it past challenge 4 (of 30), which is where i cashed out.

Thanks, as always, for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Behind the Curtains Stuffs
    Stopped by the jobs-center and got the ball rolling there. It's just a wee first step, but it's started at least.

2. Thanks!

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Back with a Friday night bite!

Episode 116 - Memory Medley

This go about we're having a look at Memory Medley by Liquid-Circuits...which...ok, i guess they changed their PSname between the recording and now, since they were kayno1 a few days ago. Anyways, long story short, this is a pretty good one. Nice, ambitious concept; solid execution; decent variety of gameplay (though, perhaps a little too power-up heavy). Give it a go, yeah?

Thanks, as always, for the feedback and support, and have a great day!

ten ten ten

4. Thanks!

7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Got another late-night bite coming at y'all!

Episode 117 - Treetop Hop

This time we're having a go at Treetop Hop by AlpiPynnonen. The too long/didn't watch is it's a fun enough, though pretty short level. A fair amount of progress in creation since we looked at their Lumberwood way back on Roughly 15 Minutes Fresh. Give it a try if you haven't already (it has something like 33hundred plays so far), but if you do, you may want to turn your gamma up at least a little bit; it's really quite dim.

So...i guess Dreams drops tonight. Well, 12.30a for me. Going to stay up and get the download started and then try to crash. Hopefully i'll get some actual sleep for once.

Finally cleared out the Bullet's past in Enter the Gungeon, so that's kind of cool. Wish i'd recorded it, to be honest. The Canon fight was down to half a heart and no blanks to save me.

6. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Got another late-night bite coming hot and ready for you!

The Kingdom of Chickens

This go about we're having a look at The Kingdom of Chickens by mike-cherry. The too long/didn't watch is it's actually pretty fun. Clunky looking as all get-out, but that's forgivable. The story is a wee bit goofy, but it has its charm. The level is fairly beefy though, not ginormous, coming in at around 15minutes, but you still may want to budget your time. Give it a play and see what you think.

Thanks, as always, for the feedback and support; and have a great day!

So...we kind of finished the Yakuza 0 stream, and if you were watching, you know we hit a bit of a snag. Apparently SEGA decided to lock off the entire last section from Share recording/streaming. Now...i don't necessarily fault SEGA for this decision. It's their game, and if that's the way they want to handle it, well, it's their choice. Let's plays and Streaming are in a kind-of-sort-of let's not push things grey zone area w/r/t fair use and copyright, so it's really by companies' largess and/or negligence that we can keep on with it. Still, i wish there'd been some indication up-front that this was going to happen (like with Persona 5, where the "you can't record this" pop-up comes right at the very beginning of the game). If i'd known it was going to hash out this way, i probably wouldn't have bought the game in the first place. My primary purpose was to share with folks a part, or at least a presentation, of my adoptive hometown. We got to do that, for which i'm grateful; but i hate leaving things undone. i've been trying to put together a take-away episode with a quick ending summary, and my thoughts on the game and story, but it keeps getting screwed up. Sound issues, and also i have a lot to say about the thing, and i frankly talk too much.

i've been playing around a bit with Dreams, since the Early Access dropped. The levels i went through have been pretty amazing in their own ways. SlurmMackenzie's stuff, in particular, has been stand out. i'm going through the various tutorials now, to try and get a handle on how to put things together, so i can get some kind of set to do a show from, like with LBsP. It's a little daunting, though not quite as much as i'd feared at first. Still, things like stamping logic bits any old where will take some getting used to. Also, just manouvering in 3d space with the Imp, and getting things lined up like they need to be is a bit of a thing. Still i am well impressed with what MM's pulled off here, and i really hope it gets even half the love LBP did. i do kind of wish the font on some of the menus was a touch bigger, though. My eyes have never been all that hot stuff.

8. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Another late-night Tuesday bite (it is Tuesday, isn't it?)!

Episode 119 - Cold War Bunker

This go about we're having a look at Cold War Bunker by Kolbyryan. The too long/didn't watch is, ironically, it's very short. It's actually a pretty solid step up from Trouble in Paradise that we looked at way back on Roughly 15 Minutes Fresh s2 episode 026, mostly in presentation. The gameplay feels a bit slippery, but it's not all that bad for that. Clocking in at around 2minutes or so, it's worth a quick play at the least. Give it a shot and see what you think.

As always, thanks for all the support and feedback. Y'all have a fine day, now.

So...i went and picked up another lollipop, which i really oughtn't 'ave done, but done is done, no? Turns out they're a lot easier to find now, probably since they're part of the VR kit for the PS (i didn't, and will not, pick up the VR kit, but the component bits are all purchasable on their own).
    They make create mode in Dreams a heck of a lot smoother. Also, a lot more fun. Manipulating the cameras feels like something you'd see in a '90's near-future/cyberpunk movie. i still haven't tried them with any of the finer points, like setting up logic (i'm working my way back through the tutorials again first), but gross manipulation is way, way nicer than with just using the DualShock.
    The downside is, trying them playing actual creations is...well, it's going to take some getting used to at least. Slurm's Polarity is much harder, and not in the good way, than it was just using the controllers. It's going to be a pain if it turns out it's best switching back and forth depending on if you want to create or play.

10. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Wait...is it really Friday, then?

Episode 120: NieR:Automata

This go about we're taking a look at NieR:Automata by ramkibainuzuka. The too long/didn't watch is, it's interesting at the very least. It certainly doesn't feel like an LBP3 level, but on the other hand, unfortunately, it doesn't much feel like NieR:Automata either. Still, it's worth a look at just to see the character art and catch the music by may2day.

Thanks, as always, for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Behind the curtains Stuffs
    This was not an easy episode to put together for any number of reasons, but i think i'm happy enough with how it turned out. This is the first time, i think, that i've used clips from other games in an LBsP episode.

Went and saw Avengers: Endgame today, and...it was certainly a movie. You can definitely say that.

12. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Got another quick late-night bite going here!

Episode 121 - 'Out OF Time'

This go about we're having a look at 'Out Of Time' by adtk. It's a pretty fun platformer in that straight-up adtk style. If you've played their levels before, you've probably got a pretty good idea what to expect from it. There's a good look here, and some pretty decent platforming. Give it a go and see what you think, yeah?

Thanks for all the support and feedback, and i hope y'all have a great day!

i'm starting to get a little cheesed off with lbp.me, i'm not getting level completed marks on levels i've done, which is kind of a problem, on account of i've played a lot of levels over the course of the series(es), so i can't always remember what we've played before. Thinking i'm going to be doing a first impressions episode, when it's actually a second look makes me look bad, and just...

Also, i'm going to have to be doing a playlist clean-up episode soon. See, the issue is, according to lbp.me there were 39levels in the list prior to today's episode. Except, i just checked it a few days ago, and it was 38. So i counted all the levels, and sure enough there were 38levels in there. So, i made a new playlist and shifted everything over to there, and...according to lbp.me, there're 39levels in there. Eh? What? i don't even know.

Saw the 2018 Halloween last night. i'm...probably up to be pilloried for this, but...i liked it better than Avengers: Endgame? Also, i had the first full night's sleep i've had in...man...i don't even know how long. It's just a really well-done movie. Also, looking at you Yakuza 0, this is how blunt-force trauma works in the real world. You barsh someone's head up against a wall enough times, they're going to be straight up dead. The head-stomp is pretty well oversold, though.

14. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Coming at you with a bit of a late-night playlist cleanup!

Episode 121-b - Playlist Cleanup

This go about, we'll be peeling the following levels off the playlist:

Oddsock Mountain by vuuduo
    NorthBury Grove by Z0lvll3IE
    The Cardboard Adventure! by echostar3
    Sackboys Christmas Special by srf09
    Brrr-oom Town by gary_WBA
    SpaceShip 754 by B2-Evans
    The Pirates Castle by MoFoSuperVillain
    Lost Valley - Modern Sonic|Green Hill by Howllie
    Forests & Caves by ItsWashington17
    Sky Kingdom by KoolKat220

It's kind of weird, but we've finally gotten around to the levels we started looking at with the new title cards, so that's a thing. At any rate, give some of them a look, and hopefully you'll find a few that click.

Today's Gungeon stream...just holy crow, i had a great time. Thanks chronos and SirMonacle!

16. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Quick late-night bite here!

Episode 122 - Jetpacking Junkyard of Deletion

This go about we're having a look at Jetpacking Junkyard of Deletion by Zach-inator6. The too-long/didn't-watch (and this episode is a bit longer than most) is this one is really quite solid on here. It took a second play for it to really click for me, but once it did i really enjoyed it. There are some interesting uses of the Jetpack here (naturally, seeing the title), which is nice to see since we rarely see it these days, and when we do it tends to be very straight-forward. The level doesn't have nearly enough plays, so give it a little love.

Thanks as always for all the support and feedback, and as always, have a great night!

This one's getting typed up early, but will probably be posted late. i'm going out to Detective Pikachu in a bit, and we'll probably stop by the local after. It's been too long since we've been actually interacting with people in meatspace. This is...perhaps not healthy. i'm not sure. i'm no so great with all the people stuff.

Speaking of, tomorrow there's a Gothy McGoth show we're going to go to, so the stream will be just 2hours, since the shindig starts at 10p.

18. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Another late-night bite here!

Episode 123 - Haunted Mansion Adventure Pt 1

This go about we're looking at Haunted Mansion Adventure Pt1 by starkweatherTD. The too-long/didn't-watch is...it's a very solid, though very basic LBP1 level. The environment is kludgy, but still holds a bit of charm. Give it a look-see, see what you think.

So, apparently, i have a Patreon page now. Mostly it's a bookmark, the scuttlebutt was pateron's changing its pay-out policies, so it'd be best to make one now. There's no pressure to chunk in, and it's all pretty threadbare at the moment.

We picked up Spiderman for the next long-form stream, that'll start next week.

The gothy show would've been a ton of fun, if it hadn't been for the Nazis.

20. Thanks!

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewKeyholder of Imagination L-I-M-I's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 30 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points Created Blog entry
    PSN
    L-I-M-I
    Blog Entries

I wish I had unlimited data on my phone!!! Your fun to watch or listen to.

I have an avatar, it's just you can't see it cause your screen is dirty.......

I has levels!
    Stealing Sound .............................http://lbp.me/v/j5pb0y
    Ordinary Joe ......................................http://lbp.me/v/fgjzb1
    Sacks-Off, Dance-Off ................................http://lbp.me/v/jbb24n
    The Very Hungry Caterpillar..............................http://lbp.me/v/gg-xt7
    Merry Thanksgivoween Arcadium Explodaganza......http://lbp.me/v/g3gmwr

PSN
    waffle_king23

Quote Originally Posted by L-I-M-I View Post
    I wish I had unlimited data on my phone!!! Your fun to watch or listen to.
    Thanks so much L-I-M-I, that means an awful lot to me!

We've got another late-night bite coming up here!

Episode 124 - -The Box-

This go about we're looking at -The Box- by ALXCENDRE. The too-long/didn't-watch is, it's a decent enough one, particularly when you consider that it's a first creation. It manages to dodge a number of the more common first-level issues, but there are a few things that could be polished up a bit. Give it a go, it's a real short one, and see what you think of it.

Thanks, as always, for all the support and feedback!

Life is a big ol pile of life, but there's nothing new there.

23. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Got another late-night bite coming your way!

Episode 125 - AVOID

This go about we're having a look at AVOID by xanjoh. The too-long/didn't watch is it's a neat little retro-shooter survival challenge that has a few issues that could stand some polishing up before it'll really shine. Still, it's certainly not a bad one, and is worth a play or two as it is.

Xanjoh quite unexpectedly dropped into chat on Sunday's LBP3 stream. It was interesting and fun to have a creator on before the actual episode went up. It did, however, necessitate re-recording the outro, but it was worth it. We'll see if some of the things that got talked about actually get implemented (toes crossed).

25. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ossu! Another late-night bite coming to you here!

Episode 126 - Grabble on, Sackboy!

This go about we're having a look at Grabble on, Sackboy! by Abhiveer2004. The too-long/didn't watch is...it's...well, it's not particularly good, to be honest. It manages to dodge the dreaded Red Triangle, but that's more because it is, in fact, a level. Not a very high bar to clear. Still, as a learning exercise, it's not exactly without merit.

We started up the Spider-Man stream on Thursday, and i'm having a mostly good time with it. i mean, the game, itself, is a lot of fun. The only things i knew about it before we started was that the movement mechanics were top-notch, and that's certainly so. Zipping through NYC is an absolute hoot, and while i might like the freedom provided by Gravity Rush's flight, this is a touch less nausea-inducing since the camera is a little more fixed. The fights, too, now that i'm getting used to the system are enjoyable, and (at least for now) manage a balance between doable and "if you treat them too lightly, you will get kilt."

The mini-games and collectables stuff...they're ok-ish, though they did leave folks to wonder just what Doc Ock does all day, since he seems to leave all the research to Peter. Also, i'm kind of left wondering a bit how much meat there is on the bones to the game. i spent a bit after the stream going about picking up those backpacks and getting the weird "so, ok, we're Nolanverse Batman spying on everyone's cellphones" towers lit, i figured that was something i'd have to get sorted each time so we didn't have too much side-stuff cluttering the streams, and...i got 100% completion trophies to pop for both those tasks. Um...i mean, ok, i guess, but we're only on the beginning of chapter two, is all.

Also...Peter needs to learn when to let a joke drop, but that might be just a personal taste kind of thing.

i woke up this morning with a hangover. At least, it felt like a hangover. Frankly, this seems stunningly unfair, seeing as i'd not had anything to drink the day before. i mean, actually not anything, not like, oh, well i had a beer. This along with the recent persistent neck pain and completely borked sleep schedule...i think maybe my body's trying to tell me something, mayhaps.

Someone on Twitter introduced me to the word "ratbrained" and i think it's my new favourite. i don't know if this was just their own personal vocabulary, or if this is the new hot thing, but...it's such a good match of sound and imagery, and i just love it. Ratbrained. It just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?

27. Thanks!

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Hi waffelking, good old fellow!

thanks a lot for still holding your position! I love your recommendation series and also your "behind the curtains stuff"! If we should ever meet in real life than lets hang out together and talk about everything and anything!

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

29. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Thanks Jurgen! If you ever make it to Osaka, you'll have to drop me a line, yeah?

Ossu! Another late-night bite coming up!

Episode 127 - CardBoard Castle Mania

This go about we're having a look at CardBoard Castle Mania by leo2309. The too-long/didn't-watch is, it's a pretty fun little bit of creatinator-assisted platforming. The power-up could use a bit of tweaking for a slightly more rapid rate-of-fire and i think the end section could have been expanded out a bit more (it's definitely the more visually distinct aspect of the level), but i still had a lot of fun with it. It was interesting to run into another of leo's levels, since we took a look at their first level Crazy Castle! Puzzle Platformer way back in the first season of R15F. i always love running into creators after a gap, to see how they've improved and changed.

Thanks, as always, for all the feedback and support, and have a great day!

i've got a...well...a workable set for our Dreams series kitted together finally. i'm not super happy with it right as of yet, but it'll work well enough as a bookmark to get things started. Put together a simple puppet too, though, yeah...i'm not really happy with that either. Still need to figure out what to do about the title and end cards. i don't think i can just slap on a picture of the level like we do with LBsP, though i haven't played too much with photo mode yet. If i knew how to put together an overlay...though, maybe i could just take 4seconds of footage and just overlay it in ShareFactory? It lacks a certain something, but...i've gotten used to having an image from what we're looking at, as opposed to just a flat shot, like with the earlier LBsP episodes. i'm hoping i can get everything where i need it so we can start publishing episodes next week, but i guess we'll see how it all hashes out.

A friend from the way-back-and-back gifted me Night in the Woods and Undertale (on Steam, so unfortunately no streaming of them, sorry Chronos!). It's...i'm touched, really. i don't like to get into things too much, but these last few months i've been well ratbrained, and it's good to know there are folks rooting for me, i guess. It makes it a bit harder when i'm not making progress, but i still can't say i don't appreciate the support.

i watched Resident Evil: Vendetta last night. My advice would be to not watch Resident Evil: Vendetta. It is a straight-up hot mess. Like, even the games do a better job of keeping the plot in line, and that's saying a lot. Still, Redfield only loses one member of his team, so...that's a step up, i suppose (i guess the story must be before RE6?). Oh...wait, he has two teams in the movie, doesn't he. The first one gets completely wiped out (not much of a spoiler, it all happens before the title card/opening credits).

i'm kind of on the fence as to whether or not to restart and finally finish Persona5. On the one hand it is stylish as all-get-out and the music is great. On the other, it's a turn-based rpg that i have memories of getting kind of sloggy just by the third palace. On the other, other hand...the story is kind of...eeeehhh... But, still, it is so, so nice to look at and listen to.

Thinking the after-Spider-Man long-form stream will be a Anarchy-Gaige run of Borderlands 2? BL3 will be on the PS4 in December, i think. It's a fairly beefy game. Also Gaige slinging lead into all of the things is a thing of joy. That still might be some time off yet, mind, so nothing's set in stone. Even after we wrap Spider-Man (gad, but i hate that hyphen), we'll probably have a few weeks of Gungeon/Isaac. Still, it's not the worst idea to think ahead.

31. Thanks!

PSN
    waffle_king23

Ahh! Late post! Late post!

Episode 128 - Sea of Clouds

This go about we're having a look at Sea of Clouds by jws070803. The too-long/didn't-watch is...hold on, in need to check my notes, it's 1.30a and i just woke up...ahhh...it's a bit of a longer one, with more focus on exploring than challenge. It sets up an interesting story, but it ends on a pretty abrupt note (though one imagines this will be continued in further levels?). Now that i'm typing this up, it's starting to come back to me...i had a good enough time with it, and there are definitely some nice touches. If you can spare 12or so minutes, i think it's worth a play, yeah.

Body: i'm really tired, let's take a nap.
    Me: No, body. It's 8p, if we take a nap, we'll miss the posting window.
    B: C'mon, we'll set an alarm. Two alarms! We'll wake up no problem.
    M: Well...that sounds alright.
    *Wakes up in a cold sweat, looks at clock, sees it's 1am*
    M: Well played, body, well played.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8