BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Ossu! Comin' up at y'all with another late-night (and that means almost on time!) bite!

Episode 164 - Rising Skies

This go about we're having a look at Rising Skies by D3RM1AN. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's a pretty solid grappling hook platformer that falls down a little in the presentation. It doesn't take too many risks to stand out, but still manages to be fun for its 3min-or-so playtime. It's got a fair number of plays, but give it some love if you haven't already!

Thanks, as always, for the support and feedback, and have a great day!

Behind the Curtains Stuffs
    So...is YouTube just forcing us to use the new video uploader? 'cause every time i clicked on the option for the older one, it just brought up the new one. i don't know. Been having a little trouble getting the 'Tube to do what i need it to, which is why i may or may not be able to get this video into the right playlist.Whee!

i'm not sure if a stolen paintbrush is the best way to apply hair-dye, but it might be the most fun?

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 250
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got a (little late) early-morning bit comin' up for y'all!

Episode 165 - Flip Flop Workshop

This go about we're looking at Flip Flop Workshop by SuperSackboy8160. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's an ambitious, pretty fun level that really pushes with the attract-o-gel mechanics. It falls down some due to poor communication with the player, but if you give it a chance, i think you'll find it challenging and fairly beefy, but not over-long or over-frustrating. Give it a shot and see what you think!

Thanks, as always, for all the support and feedback, and have a great day!

One of the problems with doing the take-aways all in one take (and often super-early in the morning), is that there's always something(s) i feel like i've forgotten to talk about in the levels. i've got my notes, but i don't script things out. Sometimes, if i have to abandon a take because i've really lost my train of thought, i'll look back at the video file and find where i was going to have been wildly different from what ended up in the final cut.

The reason i bring this up is that i had really wanted to mention that i really appreciated SuperSackboy8160's ambition with this level. He's really leaning in hard with the central mechanic, and even if it doesn't always work out, i found it more impressive than a level that's technically better put-together or presented, but ultimately middle-of-the-road for what it's trying to accomplish. Give me your ambitious failures!

7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Comin' at y'all with another late-night bite!

Episode 166 - Blueprint! platformer

This go about we're looking at Blueprint! platformer by samjax238. The too-long/didn't-watch is...umm...well, the music is nice. It's really just a gallery with a touch of gameplay to showcase the created track, but...still, it's not an empty box. samjax238 has put out an awful lot of levels in a pretty short space of time. i played though a few for the video, and they're simple and short, but some of them have got a bit of charm to them. Here's hoping they continue to push and grow as a creator. Entropy knows we need these enthusiastic folks.

Bleached my hair out so i could dye it again, and holy crow, but this is really blonde. See, chemical burns are a sign of functioning hair bleach!

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Right then, so...

Meatspace - Channel Update - Important

The long and the short of it is, with everything that's been going on in my life, continuing to post videos to a channel branded under waffleking23 has started to feel...not so great. Even if i were able to rechoose the url (which i can't, thanks YouTube) i'm not sure i'd want to share that space. So, i'll be moving all the post-coming-out stuff to a new channel here. This is going to take awhile, even a couple of months of production is something like...i dunno, 's gotta be around 300videos? We're going to be triaging, LBsP and FeverdreamS, then the streams, and finally Isaac. But it'll be awhile before everything's settled and nice.

If any of y'all can pop over to the new place and if you've liked what i've done in the past, giving it a subscribe? That'd be a big help; i just need to get to 100subs and then i can pick a url for the new place, and then i can make business cards. Upload schedule's going to be the same from here out as the old channel, so nothing's really changing? 's just getting a new coat of paint.

Been having a lot of crash-to-corruption issues in LBP3 lately, which is a real big problem. i'm going to have to budget that time into recordings from now on. Whee.

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another (little late) early-morning bite for y'all!

Episode 167 - Madness is an option 2

This go about we're having a second look at Madness is an option 2 by Stinkinmushroom. If you haven't played before Miao2 is a very solid top-down (or sidescrolling in one mode) shooter from the LBP2 era with a bangin' (if over-loud) soundtrack and very fast, very slick play. It is an oldie, but a real goodie. Definitely give it a shot if you haven't before, or get re-acquainted if you have.

One correction and one addition. In the outro i mentioned that the score giver is constantly going off during play. This is true, but i must have hallucinated the sound effect, because that doesn't happen. Also, i didn't mention that you have alternate firing options, because after all these years, i only noticed that after chronos pointed it out on stream Wed. night. Mea Culpa!

My fingers are stained green. That is all.

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Got another late-night bite coming up for y'all!

Episode 168 - Byrgenwerth

This go about we're looking at Byrgenwerth by IllVaudeVillain. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's a pretty fun boost boots race (though the race is optional) with a well-implemented object-collision-swapping mechanic, also the difficulty balance is a lot more friendly than some of IllVaudeVillain's other levels, so that's always nice. i had a pretty good time with it once i had a good idea what was going on. Give this one a couple of goes and see what you think, yeah?

Fell asleep early last night, and that kinda sucked to be honest. Wanted to get this post up and maybe do some recording, but the body was like, "nope to that mate!" Stupid body. i did, finally, get the stairwell cleared at work. Thee full floors worth (plus mid-floor landings). So, that was cool.

Going to see Doctor Sleep tonight. i've heard good things, so i'm kinda excited. A little worried too, though. Recently i've not been reacting well to seeing movies in theatres. Tonight's going to be a kind of test run, i guess.

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Coming at you with another late-night (and late post, sorry) bite!

Episode 169 - Wackia Fields

This go about we're looking at Wackia Fields [Little Worlds of Creation Preview] by jp96all_day_long, who you may also know as DrawnbornJP. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's a pretty fun, simple platformer with a poppy, lively environment...once you get by a bit of a communication issue early on. i'm looking forward to seeing what Drawn puts together for the full adventure. Give this one a play or two and see what you think; just remember to stop and smell the daisy.

i almost made it to 10p last night. i didn't think i was that tired right until suddenly i was. i was, in fact, that tired.

i've been in a great mood the past couple of days. No real reason why, as far as i can tell. Think i'm just gonna ride this for a bit.

PSN
    risu5_waffles

Ossu! Coming up at y'all with another late-night bite!

Episode 170 - Cursed Seaside

This go about we're looking at Cursed Seaside by AidenDes. The too-long/didn't-watch is it's...aggressively ok, to be honest. Nothing particularly snazzy, but not a complete trashfire either. Umm...yeah. AidenDes has put out a lot of levels in a fairly short period of time, all of them fairly short themselves. Spend a little time on their moon and see what you think, maybe toss a little advice their way?

Anyhow, thanks, as always, for all the support and feedback, and have a great day.

Was going to put something goofy and snarky here, but i've been trying to process the UK election results and...just...this is gonna be a whole friggen thing, it feels like. All y'all over there take care of yourselves as best you can, eh?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11