BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sir monacle View Post
    Everybody's picking oddsock, aren't they?

Well, I suppose we all have similar tastes!
    I would've used Oddsock but I ran out of ideas for him/her/it after I made my Oddsock level so I decided to use Toggle lol
    FIND OUT YOURSELF.

Team Picked: Dunce Upon a Time

getting some great progress!
    hello there! i'm blueblur98! i'm an LBP3 creator, youtube game reviewer, music maker and aspiring game developer. currently working on getting a nintendo switch!

Can we use a character other than Oddsock, Toggle or Swoop?

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jennyshielder View Post
    Can we use a character other than Oddsock, Toggle or Swoop?
    Levels must be played as a Toggle, Oddsock, or Swoop; not Sackboy.
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

Hi

Look, first of all, I'm (kinda) feeling guilty for saying this, but I would feel even more guilty if I hadn't said it. So... I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, ........

So. It's about the Crown Contest. I think that the theme is awful. And to tell you the truth, almost every last crown contests has been like this. And I'll tell you why I do not like it.

LBP is a game of creation, so RESTRICTING people to "water", "circus", or "building" is horrible. You see, instead of using these terms, you could have used "wet", "spectacle", or "heights".

Make the competition theme more open, and not restricted, please! One more restriction was the exclusion of Sackboy. Instead of excluding something, why did you not add more possibilities for creators to have more creative freedom?

Like... What if someone wanted to make an aquatic level where the player controls an electric eel? What if someone wanted to create a level where the player controls a Submarine? Or even spongebob. Or freaking goku underwater.

Sorry AGAAAIN If I'm being too negative here , but I'm getting quite disappointed with the choice of themes that LBP's constests has received lately, and so, I'm writing this to (hopefully) make it even better. Love this forum and its people Peace
    Last edited by cakito123; 06-26-2017 at 06:01 PM.

That's the real challenge with contests, to be creative even when there's restrictions that is holding other ideas back.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksackman View Post
    That's the real challenge with contests, to be creative even when there's restrictions that is holding other ideas back.
    The thing is, recently those "restrictions" is kinda pushing too MANY ideas back. Personally saying, the better contests are the one that lets you go crazy BUT with ONE THEME. Like the Time travel one. Or the Quest for glory one.

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

If you would like to open a new thread to discuss other contests, what you feel works, what might not work, please feel free. However I would rather not take the thread off topic like this.

I have no problems with suggestions, or even joining the contest crew to shape future contests, but please don't derail this thread in this manner. I know you all mean well, but do it in another thread please?
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

Quote Originally Posted by jwwphotos View Post
    Levels must be played as a Toggle, Oddsock, or Swoop; not Sackboy.
    I know lol, but what I mean is are we allowed to create our own character made of materials and logics?

LBPC Contest CrewRoyal High Alchemist Pookachoo's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 897
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered Created Album pictures 30 days registered 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Pookachoo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jennyshielder View Post
    I know lol, but what I mean is are we allowed to create our own character made of materials and logics?
    Using one of the characters new to LBP3 is part of the chamfer this contest; so I does have to be Toggle, Oddsock, or Swoop.
    However you are free to customize those characters

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

Hi Jennyshielder,

for this contest we've decided not to allow other characters than Toggle, Oddsock and Swoop! Using a theme for a contests or restrictions of the characters are helpful for the crew and the judges! After the deadline they'll have to evaluate each entry and find the winner! And its easier to compare entries with the same theme than entries with totally different themes. The usage of water or ice or steam as an interactive gameplay mechanic is one of the criteria for the judges for the evaluation of each entry. Another criterion will be how the chosen character has to use his skills to interact with the water/ice/steam elements of the level.

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

Many greetings

So far I am loving this contest! This is something that will really spur the LBP community on, since the majority of LBP3 players don't have the crown. I'm really looking forward to the results, and I wish good luck to all the contestants and judges!

Sackperson Private koltonaugust's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    Koltonaugust
    Blog Entries

I just wish I was good at creating small ideas that can be executed well in a short time span. That's the main problem I have with the contests and generally why I don't enter. I love them though!

Also interested to see what different mechanics people use with the water. Personally I see swoop and toggle having the most possibilities with this theme. Oddsock would need a lot of changes to have uniqueness, or have a land level with water as a vertical barrier (doggy paddle at top only XD)

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 164
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    sir_monacle

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousSack View Post
    Hi Jennyshielder,

for this contest we've decided not to allow other characters than Toggle, Oddsock and Swoop! Using a theme for a contests or restrictions of the characters are helpful for the crew and the judges! After the deadline they'll have to evaluate each entry and find the winner! And its easier to compare entries with the same theme than entries with totally different themes. The usage of water or ice or steam as an interactive gameplay mechanic is one of the criteria for the judges for the evaluation of each entry. Another criterion will be how the chosen character has to use his skills to interact with the water/ice/steam elements of the level.

Many greetings, Jürgen^^

Many greetings
    I... Uhm...

My level has a certain amount of, "interactivity" with the water, but... I don't think you're going to like what I've done.

Too late to change things now, though.

signature 2016: "2016 yet I'm still using a PlayStation 3...." --sir monacle

signature 2017: "The more you struggle with something, the more rewarding it feels to finish it." --sir monacle

Good luck to eveyone who enter this contest! There's not many competitions only focusing on characters other than Sackboy and this one is a nice one!

German Community Moderator CuriousSack's Avatar
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CuriousSack
    Blog Entries

My dear Sir,

there are several judges to find the winner, I'm sure that there is at least one, who likes your entry! ...and if you've tried to give your best, then I'm sure that your entry will be a delight for everyone who plays it!
    Good luck to every participant and many greetings, Jürgen^^

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 164
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    sir_monacle

It's funny, the contest isn't even over yet - but VerycoolmeLBP's level entry has already won an award!

("Level of the day" award.)

signature 2016: "2016 yet I'm still using a PlayStation 3...." --sir monacle

signature 2017: "The more you struggle with something, the more rewarding it feels to finish it." --sir monacle

LBPC Contest CrewRoyal High Alchemist Pookachoo's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 897
    100 Experience Points 7 days registered Created Album pictures 30 days registered 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Pookachoo
    Blog Entries

Being featured as "level of the day" is not related to the contest, and has no effect on the judging process. Same goes for "team picks"

I have a new PS3 and i'm ready to join!

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 572
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mdkd99
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Juyytr55t56y View Post
    I have a new PS3 and i'm ready to join!
    Cool, have fun creating!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast